4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If PappaR is indeed BK, he alluded that the date of murder and the number of the house also mattered.

And PappaR's avatar wore Russian soldier's cap, and the massacre happened in Moscow.

This stuff is really weird :oops:

JMO
I do wonder BK's state of mind 2 week up to murders... with lack of sleep, his life imploding and (I'm going to guess here/JMO) possibly drinking alcohol more.

I wonder if he was experiencing some strange state of mind and looking for signs/signals in a delusional almost superstitious way? Not like NCR or insanity plea kind of state of mind, different.. like if he was so obsessed with murder or the girls and felt it was his destiny or some grandiose idea that it was his time to kill.

Of course, I don't think he'd say this about himself at trial, but who know... For some reason, I just get those vibes from him, not sure why! JMO, MOO

I was just thinking something else about that latent shoe print. Im sure with the FBI's technology they can easily determine the shoe size. That could either certainly help or hurt the prosecutions or the defenses case.

Maybe another OJ glove? If it is BCK's shoe size another point for a guilty verdict however, If the shoe don't fit...

That's a really good question. The PCA made it sound as if maybe he just walked by (with DM watching through a crack in the door? But really, all we really know is that a nearly invisible footprint in blood (I can't think of another protein that could produce this) was found outside her door.

I had assumed he just walked by, but I'm not sure how LE would rule out whether he paused (although other latent prints and readily visible prints must surely be found, as well - I suppose we have to wait until June).
If confirmed to be BK, I am also unsure if a walk by or stood there. I'm very curious if we'll find out.

If he paused there if even for a minute and DM knew or felt in her gut something sinister just occurred that might explain her behavior more.

I have been scared and in shock before and it's almost a surreal feeling/state... Some people might just shut down from that too.

He either could not or would not do it.

At that stage he had nothing to lose. Could he afford to live on campus without his TA position or LE internship? Was he going to sit in his PA parents’ house for the rest of his life without a job or advanced degree? How could he succeed in adulthood? Maybe going down in flames was his answer, with two hots and cot for the rest of his life.
Yes!! This is what makes me wonder, as in my OP, what is "the end of hope" for this man. I don't think prison will be what he thought it would. I guess it all depends upon how small of a world he is comfortable having. From what I've read, he was at least trying in some ways to expand his world.

I cannot decide whether he has no self-awareness or some type of hyper-self-awareness.

All JMO

Ano, vypadá to, že mnohé v BKově životě se vynořily a rozpadly. BUČENÍ

BBM: Jen pro objasnění nového načasování PIP, ačkoli v souladu se zprávou A'B k němuž došlo nikoli 2. listopadu, 12. listopadu. (viz odkazy na rozhovor AB News Nation ve vláknu zde). BUČENÍ

Čas zpětného odběru: MOO x 2
ETA: přidáno „údajně“
upravený pravop

Yes, I absolutely know this. My comment was more working upon the idea that BK may desire a plea agreement. I highly doubt that Mr. Goncalves would stand for that, for one.

How much weight does each of the victims families have in that decision? I know SG made his opinion publicly known but what happens if other families disagree?

It's easy to forget the the four victims have four families and while I find their curcumstances heartbreaking, we can't assume that SG is the only parent qualified to make that decision nor can we assume that his opinions are shared by the other families.

And while the TAT messages are down now, I do think he hinted at suicide. He also described being violent when he did not understand why.

IMO. Didn’t see himself as a person. Didn’t find any part of life to be good. Felt no connections to anything and felt hopeless.
Not seeing himself as a person makes it much easier to hurt actual people. He could have just hurt himself and been done with it but that's not what he chose.

One could see his heroin abuse as hurting himself but my feeling is that he saw it as "treatment".

JMO

How much weight does each of the victims families have in that decision? I know SG made his opinion publicly known but what happens if other families disagree?

It's easy to forget the the four victims have four families and while I find their curcumstances heartbreaking, we can't assume that SG is the only parent qualified to make that decision nor can we assume that his opinions are shared by the other families.
I'm sorry if you thought I was discounting other families. I just used Mr. G as an example since he's been so outspoken. All I know is that families are asked how they feel about the DP but the prosecution ultimately has the final say.

So if he had problems at WSU,he persistently wrote to one of the victims and got no response, he didn't get the police... It could have escalated to revenge. Revenge on women, police, family (hypothesis)
Revenge and/or blame. He might think they're to blame or had a hand in his shortcomings in life.

Washington State University professor reacts to the murder of four students 12 miles from campus​

Posted on January 3, 2023

Matt Loveless, a Assistant Professor at Washington State University visited the afternoon show

Authorities are accusing Bryan Kohberger, a graduate student at Washington State University, of killing four University of Idaho students on Nov. 13.

“According to students, graduate students, and advisors, he (Kohberger), did indeed finish his semester. He came back he graded student papers, undergrad papers, and so he was here for the four weeks that followed after the murders. It’s a bit of a chilling thought,” Matt Loveless, a former Central Illinois TV news anchor, said on the afternoon show.

AND

I posted these items back in January but wanted to repost to give more context as to his being fired at semester's end.

Not seeing himself as a person makes it much easier to hurt actual people. He could have just hurt himself and been done with it but that's not what he chose.

One could see his heroin abuse as hurting himself but my feeling is that he saw it as "treatment".

JMO
I agree, it's too bad he didn't seek or get the help he needed somewhere, anywhere... before wiping out 4 promising lives.

He knew he wasn't right, but then almost added fuel to fire by studying murder knowing very well he was probably capable of it.

I'm sorry if you thought I was discounting other families. I just used Mr. G as an example since he's been so outspoken. All I know is that families are asked how they feel about the DP but the prosecution ultimately has the final say.

I didn't really but while he's been pretty clear about his opinion, X's mother seemed to have the opposite opinon so I really was curious is the families have to all agree.

I didn't really but while he's been pretty clear about his opinion, X's mother seemed to have the opposite opinon so I really was curious is the families have to all agree.

Well, our legal system for criminal matters isn’t based either on private vengeance OR private forgiveness. The family members can say what they want, but they don’t have a right to demand what they want. So, family members don’t need to agree, because they don’t have any true power in the matter.

MOO

I agree, it's too bad he didn't seek or get the help he needed somewhere, anywhere... before wiping out 4 promising lives.

He knew he wasn't right, but then almost added fuel to fire by studying murder knowing very well he was probably capable of it.
It will be very interesting to hear what help he did receive, although I suspect the help was long ago.

BK was already having conduct and behavior problems at work prior to the murders. It's difficult to attribute any of it to the murder itself as he was already misbehaving. (not directing at @I'm Nobody just quoting for the timeline)

Having said that, does anyone else wonder if BK getting fired right before the holidays might have led to some other kind of tragedy, no matter what?

JMO.
I wonder what kind of altercations he was having with his professor. as a new TA, you would think he would not be too "disobedient"... just try to "get along for first semester" IMO. he did OK as an online student. Was he being graded in graduate classes as well? I keep thinking that other "kids" live on their own for the first time- they do not eat right; they drink too much beer, maybe they do badly in a class ... BK has arguments with his boss and kills 4 people.

It will be very interesting to hear what help he did receive, although I suspect the help was long ago.
I'm really curious.

To think that a minor teen could try to "cure" himself with heroine is simply mind boggling to me!
Where were parents, teachers and other adults??
Mental health professionals??

Sorry, but it is something I just cannot forgive - minors are to be taken care of!
Their wellbeing is adults' responsibility.

And please, do not tell me I'm "victim shaming" parents.

That he became an alleged monster - well, his whole life - from childhood, through adolescence - led to this horrifying end :(

And innocent young people and their families paid the price too!

JMO

Last edited:
As an attorney for the victims (family) he is under gag since Jan 18 amended non-dissemination order IMO. The defense is laying out arguments here about why that should remain so. The other doc just released - -the memorandum by the Prosecuting attorney- agrees with this and may (I am not sure as the legal arguments are so erudite I need time to study them) go further because the Goncalves are likely to be witnesses at trial or sentencing or both. The PA has deliverd a sworn affadavit to the court to this effect (also just released). MOO
Thank you. I had not read the Prosecutor's document, but that certainly makes sense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220