4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They arrested BK claiming he was the masked man who left a sheath. It’s in the PCA. No mention of a second person.

It is part of the evidence used to arrest him. On mobile but the PCA is recently linked to

The entire PCA is about a single person, BK

Imo

Do you think some other man (shoe is a man’s foot in my opinion as an anthropologist) tracked blood past DM’s door?

LE doesn’t put evidence in an arrest warrant unless they believe it pertains to the person in question. Imo

What’s your theory about why LE decided it was his? It’s not my theory. It’s in the arrest document for just one person. Imo.

No particular theory. Just waiting for confirmation which hasn’t been provided yet. Some evidence was confirmed (DNA). Some wasn’t (shoe print) IMO

Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
No theory. Just waiting for confirmation which hasn’t been provided yet. Some evidence was confirmed (DNA). Some wasn’t (shoe print) IMO
That won’t be till prelim or trial. We may end up hearing a witness who observed his Vans or it may just be a size and perhaps gait match. Or it may never be mentioned again

I bet they have looked closely at his purchase receipts. Although he could be mostly a cash person

My theory is that items taken from the PA home might include photos. That’s why it’s in the PCA. They established the need to look for evidence of his footwear, as the PCA asserts BK wore Vans.

If I were that professor I would remember what the guy was wearing. I can’t help it. It’s part of training in my field. I would think criminologists would have the same training.

Imo.

"The affidavit said that officers responded to reports of an unconscious person at the property at 4 p.m. the same day."

At 4 p.m.???

The PCA I read had 1 mention of 4:00pm and that was this:

1676055510309.png

There is also no mention of anyone unconscious in it (unless they used a different word as I Ctrl-F'ed specifically for the word unconscious). I think Newsweek was getting their info from SM and not the actual PCA. MOO

The preliminary hearing was NOT added back to the cases of interest page.

The Notice of Hearing is still there with dates stipulated. I noticed with another case listed there under Cases of Interest that an actual PH or Criminal Hearing falls under a separate Heading - Proceedings. Perhaps the Court has just updated the way Items are presented on this page? Maybe the PH won't be put on there now until after or at the time it commences? Looking at another case, there are about 100 items under the Heading Conflict - maybe all had to be resolved before the case could move forward to Proceedings? Could be the PH notice will go back up once the current matters/items are resolved? MOO and just guessing. I don't imagine there's anything super weird about the PH future item disappearing from the Cases of Interest Page for now but JMO

EBM: grammar and wording.
EBM: wording, replaced summaries with Cases of Interest Page.

Last edited:
The PCA I read had 1 mention of 4:00pm and that was this:

View attachment 401928

There is also no mention of anyone unconscious in it (unless they used a different word as I Ctrl-F'ed specifically for the word unconscious). I think Newsweek was getting their info from SM and not the actual PCA. MOO

This also strikes me with a small town like this the trauma that the local officers being walked thru the crime scene must have experienced. That has to be a shock for any LE to see let alone see one of the level on such young vibrant students.

To see what they did is just nothing that the average person can imagine the lasting imprint on your psych. I'm sure the MPD had some counseling resources for the officers.

The possibility of BK taking a plea deal has me wondering a lot. It's quite possible that his attorney and family helped convince him to delay by waiving the prelim. But he is the ultimate decision-maker. I see how it would be in his interest to delay the hearing to gather more evidence that may help (although I doubt it very much) him secure a better plea deal. I also see why the gag order is in his interest as well.

I read the things he posted as a teen regarding his mental health at that time. He never once mentioned, that I can remember, wanting to die. It would make sense to think that his mental status has evolved and declined since his teen years. But thus far, any suicidal tendencies are not in the mix. However, with this case he may be in a life-or-death situation.

And that makes me wonder what “the end of hope” would truly look like for BK. It was certainly not his prior issues, addiction or even possibly being fired from a prestigious (at his level) position at WSU. And he’s made no attempt to harm himself, that we know of, since arrest.

I wonder if a plea would somehow satisfy some need in him to be recognized as the man who committed these crimes. I mean, now that he’s been caught, wouldn’t he at least want the credit in some sick way?

Which could make BK wanting the gag order in place seem counter-intuitive. My counter to that is he wants to control the narrative as much as possible.

It’s obvious to most of us, I think, that BK is capable of waiting. He cased that house for some time. But for how long can he wait this time? At the very least, he knows that even if he’s acquitted, getting away with murder again would be an even taller order after all of this.

If he does choose to go to trial, I think he will get the DP. I guess his decisions all come down to how depraved he truly is.

All JMO

The possibility of BK taking a plea deal has me wondering a lot. It's quite possible that his attorney and family helped convince him to delay by waiving the prelim. But he is the ultimate decision-maker. I see how it would be in his interest to delay the hearing to gather more evidence that may help (although I doubt it very much) him secure a better plea deal. I also see why the gag order is in his interest as well.

I read the things he posted as a teen regarding his mental health at that time. He never once mentioned, that I can remember, wanting to die. It would make sense to think that his mental status has evolved and declined since his teen years. But thus far, any suicidal tendencies are not in the mix. However, with this case he may be in a life-or-death situation.

And that makes me wonder what “the end of hope” would truly look like for BK. It was certainly not his prior issues, addiction or even possibly being fired from a prestigious (at his level) position at WSU. And he’s made no attempt to harm himself, that we know of, since arrest.

I wonder if a plea would somehow satisfy some need in him to be recognized as the man who committed these crimes. I mean, now that he’s been caught, wouldn’t he at least want the credit in some sick way?

Which could make BK wanting the gag order in place seem counter-intuitive. My counter to that is he wants to control the narrative as much as possible.

It’s obvious to most of us, I think, that BK is capable of waiting. He cased that house for some time. But for how long can he wait this time? At the very least, he knows that even if he’s acquitted, getting away with murder again would be an even taller order after all of this.

If he does choose to go to trial, I think he will get the DP. I guess his decisions all come down to how depraved he truly is.

All JMO

You know, the prosecution does not have to offer a plea agreement. In addition to weighing the difficulty and expense of a trial, the prosecutor normally consults with the victims' families to get a consensus. But this one is going to be difficult to get agreement with all of the families involved.

Last edited:
You know, the prosecution does not have to offer a plea agreement. The prosecutor normally consults with the victims' families to get a consensus. But this one is going to be difficult to get agreement with all of the families involved.
Yes, I absolutely know this. My comment was more working upon the idea that BK may desire a plea agreement. I highly doubt that Mr. Goncalves would stand for that, for one.

And he’s made no attempt to harm himself, that we know of, since arrest.
I wouldn't discount self harm.

- cuts on face and throat
(supposedly from shaving)
- a big bruise on throat
- some cuts on hands/wrist
(during the traffic stop, were they from the night of murders?,
were they just shadows?)
- stained bed linen taken from the flat
( was it his blood?)

I also think he is terrified of dying.

His alleged "murderous fantasy" got out of hand and now, when arrested, he is scared stiff.

He lost his "superior" look and is following meekly the advice of his FEMALE attorney.

Just my opinion

- a big bruise on throat
Sure hope he's scared stiff!

Was the first part of the wounds he had at the hearing that were explained away as "shaving"? When I saw the wounds, I immediately thought he may have inflicted them on himself. If he did, they were quite minor and "amateur". When people are locked up they have very little to work with in terms of cutting devices, particularly when they are first locked up.

I know people were speculating about cuts when he was pulled over but has that been verified?

FEBRUARY 10, 2023 12:59 PM

Kohberger’s defense team, Kootenai County public defender Anne Taylor and chief deputy litigator Jay Weston Logsdon, wrote in their objection to the family’s appeal of the gag order that the U.S. Supreme Court has determined certain parties’ First Amendment rights to free speech may be limited when exercising those rights would result in prejudice against the defendant.

Read more at: https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article272382543.html#storylink=cpy

Have we heard Mr Logsdon mentioned before? tia

Yea, looks like a lot in BK's life was coming to a head and falling apart. MOO

BBM: Just to clarify re timing on the PIP though, in accordance with A'B's report, it allegedly occured on November 2nd, not November 12th. (see links to AB News Nation interview in the thread here). MOO

ETA: MOO x 2
ETA: added "allegedly"
edited spelling
Yes the PIP dates seems to be either one of those. Still only 10 days before the murder... I'm curious how those 10 days of build up were and what else was going on with BK during that particular time.

I'm extremely curious about his computer forensics and websites he visited 2 weeks before the murders. I think he was looking for a signal or sign to action... and in those 10 days things probably compounded. All just hypothesizing and JMO, MOO of course.

PCA says it was the murderers' footprint. It is pointed in the direction of the door, apparently, and it's in blood. Any thoughts about who else with a men's shoe would be walking through blood that night?

To me, there's only one possibility (the murderer).
I dont seen where the PCA states that it was the killers footprint, what Im reading on page 5 simply states that the shoe print outside of DM's room was going in the direction she saw the unidentified male go "This is consistent with D.M.'s statement regarding the suspect's path of travel". IMO

IMO I think its possible that whomever the male friends were that two surviving roommates called that morning, more than likely when into the house to check. Vans shoes are very common for that age college kids (male and female alike), since it was a latent shoe print there's a possibility that the blood that was stepped in would have been much drier at noonish than moments after the killing. In fact LE didn't even see it until the second crime scene processing...
It just seems to me the killer wouldn't have left only one barely visible bloody shoe print, either a complete path or none at all. MOO

Has it been confirmed as BK’s shoe print? All I’ve read refers to it as similar to a Van’s print— please provide link it was confirmed to be BK’s.

Thanks and just asking for clarifications sake— not picking on you cuz I’ve seen other posters also state this as fact and don’t want folks to get carried away if it isn’t true… IMO.
You are probably right, I don't think confirmed. This is hypothesizing at best on my part and might be a reason for the delayed response from DM.

If it turns out to be BK's print, I find that completely terrifying. I think that would be scary/traumatic enough for someone to almost temporarily break themselves! I couldn't imagine. However, the other thing might've happened as article stated and DM maybe assumed he was a party guest and didn't think much of it. Either are possible.

I'm catching up and haven't read new info if any was posted yet today! No idea if anything different has come about, I better catch up lol

All JMO
I believe that BK has zero self awareness. I think he sees himself as superior and did not expect to be caught. He may have relished the idea that even if he spent his life in jail, he will have books written about him, he will be discussed in academia and law enforcement. It does not appear that he is able to follow instructions or understand social cues. He could have appeased his professor and attempted to make the necessary adjustments to retain his TA position. He either could not or would not do it.

At that stage he had nothing to lose. Could he afford to live on campus without his TA position or LE internship? Was he going to sit in his PA parents’ house for the rest of his life without a job or advanced degree? How could he succeed in adulthood? Maybe going down in flames was his answer, with two hots and cot for the rest of his life.

I wouldn't discount self harm.

- cuts on face and throat
(supposedly from shaving)
- a big bruise on throat
were they just shadows?)
- stained bed linen taken from the flat
( was it his blood?)

I also think he is terrified of dying.

His alleged "murderous fantasy" got out of hand and now, when arrested, he is scared stiff.

He lost his "superior" look and is following meekly the advice of his FEMALE attorney.

Just my opinion
And while the TAT messages are down now, I do think he hinted at suicide. He also described being violent when he did not understand why.

IMO. Didn’t see himself as a person. Didn’t find any part of life to be good. Felt no connections to anything and felt hopeless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph