4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 72

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

For many threads now, it's in the Opening Posts, and members have been instructed not to speculate on Kohberger's mental health. Such speculation is not based on any KNOWN fact.

Maybe he has bipolar or Aspergers, or schizophrenia, autism, ADHD, psychopathy/sociopathy, narcissism, or one of the other hundreds of potential diagnoses ... the list goes on and on. Somebody always bickers over specifics or gets upset about whatever, and Mods spend hours cleaning up the off topic discussion.

Do NOT clutter this discussion with speculation on specific mental health issues that are currently unknown or your post will be removed and there may be a loss of posting privileges.

ADMIN NOTE:

The true crime community is inundated with discussion of the Daily Mail article about the Reddit posts by Pappa Rodger and InsideLooking possibly having been made by BK. That is still speculation with no confirmation from official sources. As there is a gag order in place, there is no new ‘official’ information for discussion.

Websleuths would not normally allow discussion of any Reddit posts UNLESS the social media account is known to belong to a victim or a POI/suspect. After discussion with Tricia, Websleuths is making a thread specific exception in this instance to allow discussion of those 2 accounts because it is being covered by MSM and our WS approved sources (Jennifer Coffindaffer and Hidden True Crime).

At all times members must remember that, although suspected to be BK, those accounts are NOT CONFIRMED to be made by him and information must be taken with a very large grain of salt.

For example ... the DM article indicates that PR’s posts stopped after BK’s arrest. There is a screenshot in the DM article where a Reddit Admin specifically states the PR account had been removed by Reddit the day before BK’s arrest.

This will give our members something to discuss and speculate about but please remember to take it all with that big grain of salt.

Any questions, please do not ask them on the thread. Just jump off any post to Report and ask and a Mod or Admin will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks !!

There was a fair amount of discussion of whether or not BK had a boxing background on the previous thread. I've only ever seen BK's boxing experience be referenced within the context of him taking boxing classes to lose weight as a teenager. Just because he took boxing lessons doesn't mean he ever actually sparred in the ring. MOO

There was a fair amount of discussion of whether or not BK had a boxing background on the previous thread. I've only ever seen BK's boxing experience be referenced within the context of him taking boxing classes to lose weight as a teenager. Just because he took boxing lessons doesn't mean he ever actually sparred in the ring. MOO

<modsnip> people practice it with or without sparring with a real partner. They develop really good skills involving landing blows very rapidly and with great strength, with the rules of boxing in mind.

It's of interest, in addition, because friends say he "turned aggressive" after starting up with it.

Surely he knew the target places on the body for boxing, and the rules of boxing (which say above the belt and not the kidneys - but the liver is okay). I think that sounds very much like what happened to four young people in this case. IMO. And even if he didn't continue to practice (which he might have done), he might have been able to evoke quickness from his muscle memory - he is only 28. It's not like he's an old man. He was boxing just a decade before (and possible right up until the murders - we don't know).

IMO. Heck even I know where you're supposed to land punches in boxing - and BK actually boxed, which provides additional knowledge and practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Idk but it looks like his nose ran into a fist or two. JMO

<modsnip> people practice it with or without sparring with a real partner. They develop really good skills involving landing blows very rapidly and with great strength, with the rules of boxing in mind.

It's of interest, in addition, because friends say he "turned aggressive" after starting up with it.

Surely he knew the target places on the body for boxing, and the rules of boxing (which say above the belt and not the kidneys - but the liver is okay). I think that sounds very much like what happened to four young people in this case. IMO. And even if he didn't continue to practice (which he might have done), he might have been able to evoke quickness from his muscle memory - he is only 28. It's not like he's an old man. He was boxing just a decade before (and possible right up until the murders - we don't know).

IMO. Heck even I know where you're supposed to land punches in boxing - and BK actually boxed, which provides additional knowledge and practice.
My point is mainly we have no clue what his experience actually is based on what was reported. For all we know, he had one lesson without pursuing it further. I am hesitant to think of him as exceptionally knowledgeable on the topic if it's derived from one lesson he had as a teenager, but sometimes he's being framed as if he was some sort of Golden Gloves hopeful based on the very tentative description of him as a "boxer." That to me is a stretch based on what we know. MOO

My point is mainly we have no clue what his experience actually is based on what was reported. For all we know, he had one lesson without pursuing it further. I am hesitant to think of him as exceptionally knowledgeable on the topic if it's derived from one lesson he had as a teenager, but sometimes he's being framed as if he was some sort of Golden Gloves hopeful based on the very tentative description of him as a "boxer." That to me is a stretch based on what we know. MOO
According to this article, he started boxing his senior year.

According to this article, he started boxing his senior year.

I think about you every time the subject comes up and figured you'd be paying attention.

So 10 years ago, he started boxing. No word on when he stopped. I got interested when I started reading rules of boxing but also looking at youtubes ('liver punch' in boxing, for example). Liver is "above the belt." One internet pundit thinks that BK "gamified" his killings (and I guess I see a shade of that too, IMO). Here's a quote from one of the friends:

//“He always wanted to fight somebody, he was bullying people. We started cutting him off from our friend group because he was 100 percent a different person,” Nick Mcloughlin told the outlet.//

But when I think of you, Boxer, I think of a fight for justice and the very wonderful dog that goes by that name.

On tonight’s Banfield, AB said she got it from a source that DM opened her door and yelled out to keep it down. It was also said that DM locked her door each time she closed it again. Brian Entin debated what AB said, saying that it doesn’t gibe with the PCA.

On tonight’s Banfield, AB said she got it from a source that DM opened her door and yelled out to keep it down. It was also said that DM locked her door each time she closed it again. Brian Entin debated what AB said, saying that it doesn’t gibe with the PCA.
He’s right it does not add up

Banfield also had a “transcript” of sorts of BK’s firing as TA. Was he already home on December 19? The supposed firing took place when the school “met” with him on December 19. Guessing the meeting was virtual?

It seems this trial is going to be ugly if SM posts already swirling about the surviving roommates is any indication.

Any ideas what's in the new Affidavit?
Why is nobody speculating about it? Will it be public in 3 days?
Is it just the DA Thompson who can submit Affidavits at this point or can the PD Taylor also?

IMO the 2/8/23 Affidavit is BK's POA that he signed over to PD Taylor. She's not gonna let him have control for long.
OR BK is filing an Affidavit for Identity Theft.

MOO.

Sorry don't know how to thread hop with quotes yet.
02/08/23 Affidavit
Affidavit oI Latah County Prosecutor William W. Thompson Jr
02/08/23 Memorandum
Memorandum of Points and Authorities Relating to Nondissemination Order

It seems this trial is going to be ugly if SM posts already swirling about the surviving roommates is any indication.

Is it just the DA Thompson who can submit Affidavits at this point or can the PD Taylor also?

IMO the 2/8/23 Affidavit is BK's POA that he signed over to PD Taylor. She's not gonna let him have control for long.

MOO.

02/08/23 Affidavit
02/08/23 Memorandum
I think they both should be posted in the cases of interest tomorrow. The new filings for the week are put in the summary first and then they update the cases of interest site on Fridays which is where the actual documents show up. JMO

Wow. Well, it might not gibe with the PCA, but it isn't completely at variance with it, either. We know that a lot was left out. IMO.

If she did yell out, then surely the murderer knew she was there - somewhere. Might not have known exactly where, though. Good for her for locking her door each time. How crazy the whole situation is. Sometimes keeping one's head down and locking doors is the best course of action.

Until AB is able to say more about her source, though, I'll wait for the preliminary. Whether DM called out or not, is not relevant to what happened in the 15 minutes beforehand.

IMO.

<modsnip>

IMO.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

I just want some more concrete information about the frequency Bryan Kohberger participated in the sport that goes beyond generalized anecdotes about other people's takes on boxing. Did he take occasional lessons? Did he actively spar? Did he only do this as a senior in high school or is it a longer-standing interest?

<modsnip>We have no further concrete information beyond people saying he boxed, and I would find that additional information enlightening, interesting, and helpful before I draw any further conclusions about it.

MOO.

02/08/23 Affidavit
02/08/23 Memorandum
IMO the affidavit will be a response by the prosecutor to the Memorandum filed by Shanon Gray (the prosecutor's office was mentioned in the revelant facts of the memorandum). Just guessing and MOO. We'll see tomorrow.

edit corrected Shanon Gray spelling.

Last edited:

I just want some more concrete information about the frequency Bryan Kohberger participated in the sport that goes beyond generalized anecdotes about other people's takes on boxing. Did he take occasional lessons? Did he actively spar? Did he only do this as a senior in high school or is it a longer-standing interest?

<modsnipWe have no further concrete information beyond people saying he boxed, and I would find that additional information enlightening, interesting, and helpful before I draw any further conclusions about it.

That he started boxing for unknown amount of time as a senior.

Adding that according to friends he became aggressive, wanting to use his skills or assumed skills to bully.

Adding that according to friends he became aggressive, wanting to use his skills or assumed skills to bully.
This is precisely one of the reasons why I am curious if his lessons went on for very long. It's possible if word got back to whoever was giving the lessons that he was applying the material this way that he may have been expelled from the lessons. MOO

<modsnip>We have no further concrete information beyond people saying he boxed, and I would find that additional information enlightening, interesting, and helpful before I draw any further conclusions about it.
We've only heard he did it in high school and for his senior year, after he returned from rehab, I think.

It sounds more like he boxed with friends, like many other high school students do. He was said to have lost a lot of weight, so maybe that's when he got interested in health and fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member