4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article says BK's professor is John Snyder. I thought for sure it was a woman.

"During his time as a teaching assistant, Kohberger also reportedly had multiple altercations with Professor John Snyder."

Probably need the original Banfield interview and a time stamp to ascertain whether the meeting for PIP was Nov 2, or 12 (according to Banfeld's sources). Reports on what Banfeld said appear to be conflicting re that date?
Not directed to you jepop, just jumping off your post. : )

Who are Banfield's "sources"? Did anyone catch that detail? tia

This article says BK's professor is John Snyder. I thought for sure it was a woman.

"During his time as a teaching assistant, Kohberger also reportedly had multiple altercations with Professor John Snyder."

That's very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Wow, that's remarkably fast. 1 semester and done. Did his family know about that? Do the dates align with his application to be an intern for the P.D.?
References to the internship application seem to be from the spring and summer, likely after he knew he was accepted but before he was part of the program. All of it predates the murders from what I've seen. MOO

I think they both should be posted in the cases of interest tomorrow. The new filings for the week are put in the summary first and then they update the cases of interest site on Fridays which is where the actual documents show up. JMO
It seems to me the memorandom is to do the non-dissemination order? So IOW may speak to the gag and rationale re fair trial and protection of potential testimony?

EBM: spelling

The Daily Mail has names.

August: Started teaching assistant job at Washington State University
September 23: Altercation with Professor John Snyder at Washington State University
October 3: Had a meeting with Snyder regarding his 'professional behavior'
October 21: Kohberger received an email informing him he failed to 'meet expectations'
November 2: Had a meeting with Snyder to discuss an 'improvement plan'
November 13: Kohberger allegedly kills four University of Idaho students
December 7: Had a meeting with a group of professors who cited his 'sexist attitude toward women' and that his 'behavioral issues' were concerning
December 9: Had a second altercation with Snyder, who told the criminology student he 'had made no progress regarding professionalism'
December 19: He was officially terminated
December 30: He was arrested at his parent's home in Pennsylvania

edit: not sure which names prev post was referring to.
Bedtime.

Last edited:
Wow. Well, it might not gibe with the PCA, but it isn't completely at variance with it, either. We know that a lot was left out. IMO.

If she did yell out, then surely the murderer knew she was there - somewhere. Might not have known exactly where, though. Good for her for locking her door each time. How crazy the whole situation is. Sometimes keeping one's head down and locking doors is the best course of action.

Until AB is able to say more about her source, though, I'll wait for the preliminary. Whether DM called out or not, is not relevant to what happened in the 15 minutes beforehand.

IMO.

<modsnip>

IMO.
And that it's noted his shoe print was outside DM's door. How long did he stand there?

Let's say this is true DM yelled out. That would explain her utterly frozen in fear and not leaving the room until morning or calling 911 possibly.

BK goes to the door he thinks the voice came from and stands there for a few minutes (would be forever to DM)... she on the other side hearing him breathing, her not making one sound or breath meanwhile her heart beating out of her chest (I know I've been that scared where it feels like my heart is beating out of my chest!) That would be traumatizing 100%. JMO MOO

September 23: Altercation with Professor John Snyder at Washington State University
October 21: Kohberger received an email informing him he failed to 'meet expectations'
December 7: Had a meeting with a group of professors who cited his 'sexist attitude toward women' and that his 'behavioral issues' were concerning
December 9: Had a second altercation with Snyder, who told the criminology student he 'had made no progress regarding professionalism'

Sorry prob wrong names. Bedtime.
Ha, was just about to say, no names. Daily M is relying on News Nation (AB) for that section of the report re BK's firing. The article covers a few previous topics of interest as well. MOO

Sorry prob wrong names. Bedtime.
BK was already having conduct and behavior problems at work prior to the murders. It's difficult to attribute any of it to the murder itself as he was already misbehaving. (not directing at @I'm Nobody just quoting for the timeline)

Having said that, does anyone else wonder if BK getting fired right before the holidays might have led to some other kind of tragedy, no matter what?

JMO.

Someone asked about dates for his firing process. Supposedly, he recd notice that he was not meeting expectations Oct. 21, 2022. On Nov. 12, he recd a PIP (Performance Improvement Plan).

The murders occurred during the morning hours of Nov. 13.

The source may be News Nation via Ashley Bansfield. It was unclear to me, so please consider as JMO.
I do think things came to a head in his life with the class confrontation (humiliation to him), now that PIP being mentioned, I'm guessing huge student debt, lost that security job/intership with LE previously, rejection from women, etc.

He might've thought it was time to act on his compulsion after the straw broke the camel's back (PIP) then thinking "it's a sign" to act after possibly seeing on social media Kaylee was in town (even if not target, he might've been "repulsed/triggered" by the girls). All JMO, MOO

If you want to learn about true crime and crime staging are you in luck. Dr. Pettler is holding a webinar next Thursday. Check out the link.
Intro to The Murder Room Death Investigation Method - Webinar - February 16, 2023
SKU: 021623-IMRDIM
$79.00
Instructor: Laura Pettler, PhD, MS, LPI

Hours: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm EST

And that it's noted his shoe print was outside DM's door. How long did he stand there?

Let's say this is true DM yelled out. That would explain her utterly frozen in fear and not leaving the room until morning or calling 911 possibly.

BK goes to the door he thinks the voice came from and stands there for a few minutes (would be forever to DM)... she on the other side hearing him breathing, her not making one sound or breath meanwhile her heart beating out of her chest (I know I've been that scared where it feels like my heart is beating out of my chest!) That would be traumatizing 100%. JMO MOO
I actually bet you're right...terrifying.

I was looking at the academic calendar and noticed that Veterans Day on Friday, November 11 was an observed holiday at WSU. This was the Friday before the murders, so BK had a full two days to prepare (Friday and Saturday).

I also noticed that BK left Pullman during exam week to drive back to PA with his father. So I am guessing that grading had been taken away from him at that time, since grades weren't due to be submitted until December 20th. BK received his TA termination notice on December 19th, I assume by email and that he expected it, especially after the second altercation with his professor in December and the series of progressive disciplinary actions that were noted in the Banfield report.

ETA link to academic calendar at WSU for fall 2022

I was looking at the academic calendar and noticed that Veterans Day on Friday, November 11 was an observed holiday at WSU. This was the Friday before the murders, so BK had a full two days to prepare (Friday and Saturday).

I also noticed that BK left Pullman during exam week to drive back to PA with his father. So I am guessing that grading had been taken away from him at that time, since grades weren't due to be submitted until December 20th. BK received his TA termination notice on December 19th, I assume by email and that he expected it, especially after the second altercation with his professor in December and the series of progressive disciplinary actions that were noted in the Banfield report.

ETA link to academic calendar at WSU for fall 2022

And midterms were mid October. The grading problem escalating in the weeks after.

References to the internship application seem to be from the spring and summer, likely after he knew he was accepted but before he was part of the program. All of it predates the murders from what I've seen. MOO
Oh, I think the Spring (APril) interview/exchange of emails with a person from Pullman PD were in relation to an assistanship position (with PPD) according to the NYT original report (ref at end post).

BK applied for an Internship (the internship application) with PPD in the fall of 2022 (perPCA). So some of the alleged difficulties reported by BAnefield (sp?) in September-November would have been ocurring during the same general time frame in which BK applied for the Internship with PPD. As said though, all we know is that he applied in the fall of 2022 (Sept-Nov). Maybe, BK has heard something back about his application for an Internship. We don't know, as AFAIK PPD has never stated anything about the outcome of either BK's Assistantship app or the Internship app. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat