4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was led to believe from his defence that there was NO connection to any of victims. Just the victims? that’s what was stated wasn’t it by Anne Taylor?

Keep in mind, AT said in court documents there was no connection under penalty of purjury. The MSM source that claims the social media connection is anonymous and the MSM has notoriously gotten a lot wrong on this case thanks to anonymous sources, including the infamous Dana Smithers connection, the Mad Greek did-he-or-didn't-he, and the FBI ordering IN police to pull BK over.

MOO.

Because they didn't like him or his behavior. Right or wrong, I can't say without further information. But I don't believe they saw homicidal tendencies in him just because he interrupted his professor or he cut classes. I think that's a reach and only now being talked about with the benefit of hindsight.

MOO

MOO they seemed to be feeling he was unpleasant and some felt to the point of disrespect. Not generally likable attributes.

MOO point being he was not integrating into his new school or role well.

Keep in mind, AT said in court documents there was no connection under penalty of purjury. The MSM source that claims the social media connection is anonymous and the MSM has notoriously gotten a lot wrong on this case thanks to anonymous sources, including the infamous Dana Smithers connection, the Mad Greek did-he-or-didn't-he, and the FBI ordering IN police to pull BK over.

MOO.

IMO, the Defense wording made me instantly think "Missed Connections" -- which lines up with what Kaylee's dad had said before the Gag order. Half-truth/word games. From what I've seen in past cases, that is a defense strategy. They didn't connect if he was just sending messages that were ignored. My college-age daughter has unusual social media requests/messages all the time that she doesn't respond to.

It's hard to fathom siting where he's sitting and finding anything to feel smug about.

But I suspect he doesn't feel the least bit caged. He probably feels pleased, to be castled off. No longer has to deal with people, especially women.

It occurred to me that, if BK is an injustice collector, he likely had a whole file on his family. Perhaps, topping the list, being turned into cops over his sister's phone.

Passive aggression is real. It's more than Minnesota nice -- the polite no when you secretly mean yes -- abs is a whole paradigm for interaction. Would not surprise me to learn that that single act (turning him in) was Day 1 of a mental file marked 'Mark My Wirds, One Day You'll Pay".

And now he's sticking it to the man. You think borrowing my sister's phone is bad....

How better to CRUSH your parents than to lean into crime?

I don't think tge death sentence rocks his boat, nor does losing the freedom to spend time with family, develop his career, find a mate, procreate, teach.

He's got place to live, rent free. No one to humiliate, no one humiliated him. Yes, jail/prison has a pecking order but at least he doesn't have bosses, professors, admin, parents, women telling him how to behave, what he can and cannot do.

He strikes me as the type who, given the chance, will get an online law degree, will give and control interviews, cause as much pain as he can and derive great pleasure from it, and chuckle to himself, how superior he is, how inferior everyone else is.

I believe that BK has a stringent personal code. Follows it rigidly.

I think he said don't worry -- I'm here to help you to Xana, possibly because she had a weapon of some kind. Golf club comes go mind, which he was slowly reaching for -- you can trust me, I won't hurt you like a "friend" who says that to you right before they backstab you.

He used the words in an attempt to disarm her. It was too late. He had her cornered and he had all the advantage. JMOO

He had nothing to lose.

Jmo

I'm sure he has to deal with female jail staff, and then there is his female attorney and likely others on her team. And likely both female and male jail medical staff as well, physicians, nurses, etc.

I also don't see any evidence that he is directing aggression toward his family. He appears to be very close to his father, and we don't know about other relationships, like his mother and sisters. They all stood by him in PA when he was arrested and appeared in court.

MOO.
There is no connection to the victims other than BK was stalking them. It was People Magazine that viewed the Instagram accounts of the three female victims and BK attempted to contact one of them. The FBI has denied ordering IN police to pull over BK's car. IN LE had probable cause because he was following too closely.

JMO

Re: the knife. The Amazon search warrant return was signed by the judge on or around 12/13. Can’t remember and don’t have it handy. But just because Amazon returned a list of buyers it doesn’t mean that BK was one of them.

Shortly thereafter LE seemed to be trying to trace the knife backwards through the manufacture and distributor and back to the retailer. The retailer could have been Amazon. But it also could have been Joe’s Knives in East Bumf….well you get the point.

If you were to believe Dateline and that LE did get BKs name back from Amazon on or around the 13th. Then maybe the reason that the defense team wants to know the path of family that the FBI took to get to BK is because the defense believes the FBI took a shortcut.

Meaning that the FBI had BKs name already and used it to work backwards on the family tree and to quickly get a resolution on the genealogy. Which doesn’t change the fact that it’s BKs DNA. But does give the defense a chance to say they had tunnel vision.

It’s not hard to imagine that BKs name came back from Amazon. They noted the car. The stop. The note from LE at the end of November . The stops near the house. And maybe the knife helped establish probable cause for the cell phone evidence and helped them take shortcuts on genealogy.

Just my opinion and my opinion only.

IF BK developed a habit of breaking and entering and/or stalking and/or sleep watching (not walking, watching), he may have developed a god complex, feeling powerful in the knowledge that the sleeping individual was unaware of his presence and fantasizing about how easily he could exact what he was thinking...

Frightening.

It makes ME wonder if he had stood over people who were sleeping and they never knew...for decades.

So, to answer your question, yes. I think he planned this killing (with one target IMO) but he'd been imagining killing for years. IMO it was psychosexual for him.

Jmo
He probably stood over his own parents and sisters, watching them sleeping.

Re: the knife. The Amazon search warrant return was signed by the judge on or around 12/13. Can’t remember and don’t have it handy. But just because Amazon returned a list of buyers it doesn’t mean that BK was one of them.

Shortly thereafter LE seemed to be trying to trace the knife backwards through the manufacture and distributor and back to the retailer. The retailer could have been Amazon. But it also could have been Joe’s Knives in East Bumf….well you get the point.

If you were to believe Dateline and that LE did get BKs name back from Amazon on or around the 13th. Then maybe the reason that the defense team wants to know the path of family that the FBI took to get to BK is because the defense believes the FBI took a shortcut.

Meaning that the FBI had BKs name already and used it to work backwards on the family tree and to quickly get a resolution on the genealogy. Which doesn’t change the fact that it’s BKs DNA. But does give the defense a chance to say they had tunnel vision.

It’s not hard to imagine that BKs name came back from Amazon. They noted the car. The stop. The note from LE at the end of November . The stops near the house. And maybe the knife helped establish probable cause for the cell phone evidence and helped them take shortcuts on genealogy.

Just my opinion and my opinion only.
There is no way Amazon could gather the data on the same day the Judge signed the search warrant. iirc, the search warrants also went out to other companies who carried the knife.

I don't believe the jury will agree that these LE agencies took any shortcuts. It took multiple agencies weeks to pull it all together. The Defense is desperate.

JMO

There is no way Amazon could gather the data on the same day the Judge signed the search warrant. iirc, the search warrants also went out to other companies who carried the knife.

I don't believe the jury will agree that these LE agencies took any shortcuts. It took multiple agencies weeks to pull it all together. The Defense is desperate.

JMO
It matters nothing which route they took.
Cheek swab was a positive match.
Dogged police work.
Great work.
How many others would be dead now had they not?

(BTW I'll be the first to criticise lE when I perceive they got it wrong.)

What's going on with BK's left hand --the bandage? Did he hurt himself? Blood work?

From June 9 hearing photo by (Zach Wilkinson/The Moscow-Pullman Daily News via AP, Pool)

He lost his health insurance when he lost his TA position; good thing he has free-to-him medical now.
Have to keep him healthy for the trial.

Maybe boxing in his cell or punched a wall? Strange location for a wound.

JMO
edit: It doesn't matter what he's wearing, he looks guilty to me. MOO

Last edited:
It matters nothing which route they took.
Cheek swab was a positive match.
Dogged police work.
Great work.
How many others would be dead now had they not?

(BTW I'll be the first to criticise lE when I perceive they got it wrong.)
I think LE has done a superb investigation to nail this perp for his incredibly heinous crime!

JMO

What's going on with BK's left hand --the bandage? Did he hurt himself? Blood work?

From June 9 hearing photo by (Zach Wilkinson/The Moscow-Pullman Daily News via AP, Pool)

He lost his health insurance when he lost his TA position; good thing he has free-to-him medical now.

JMO

So I noticed that huge bandaid and the redness. I think that left hand looks sort of swollen, so something is going on. I see he is in a suit and pulled together and not related to the charges against him, I find him to look very lurchy in a lot of shots. Possibly uncomfortable in a suit and tie? I can't quite figure out what I mean to imply by that but at certain angles he looks intensely what frustrated, angry, maybe hiding a lot of emotion? JMOO.

JMO

Possible handcuff chafing from wearing belly chains.
The belly chain goes around their waist and has 2 handcuffs attached to it and pulls the wrist to the body and can be irritating ..... 2 Cents

Bryan Kohberger Family

MOO they seemed to be feeling he was unpleasant and some felt to the point of disrespect. Not generally likable attributes.

For sure he was not integrating into his new school or role well.

According to The New York Times, faculty officials at the university first began investigating his behavior in November. Kohberger was ultimately fired a month later, which WSU said was due to him not being able to meet the "norms of professional behavior" as well as his unsatisfactory performance as a teaching assistant.

Sorry here’s another random thought from me- if you were to spend all that time gaining a masters degree and then to be pursuing a PHD I’m kinda wondering why? To plan the perfect crime(which it’s obv it’s not) and get away with it after learning all about the techniques you could use to “get away with it” ? So just study and learn for years to throw it all away? It doesn’t make sense IMO
There are always emotional reasons, Imo, behind the decision to murder - it is not just a rational act akin to other decisions. Stranger murders especially perhaps only make sense to the killer and within their own frame of "logic". Words like compulsion come to mind.And words like rumination. Moo

The Defense was always going to be allowed a transcript and audio of the proceedings, except for jury deliberations. Jury questionnaires and selection process isn't standard, but I'm glad the State agreed to provide it because it wasn't a standing GJ, but one empaneled solely for BK case.

MOO
And the state agreed to provide the juror selection process and whatever that voir thingy is (jury selection via questions and written questionnaires?) prior to this most recent hearing and prior to the tripple J's order. I never did fully understand what the D was objecting to in the State's initial and timely attempt to negotiate a stipulation for the relase of the GJ materials, however I'm thankful it is now resolved and stipulated and all parties can move forward. Moo

JMO
Good catch on the bandage—looks big for a blood draw and out of place for a punch wound…maybe a backhanded punch to a wall.

And that's fine. I actually have no doubt that he wasn't fitting in. I'm saying that isn't a sign of homicidal tendencies, IMO and IME.

IMO, the Defense wording made me instantly think "Missed Connections" -- which lines up with what Kaylee's dad had said before the Gag order. Half-truth/word games. From what I've seen in past cases, that is a defense strategy. They didn't connect if he was just sending messages that were ignored. My college-age daughter has unusual social media requests/messages all the time that she doesn't respond to.

IMO, that doesn't make sense. I just don't believe this was AT's meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia