4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #84

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please excuse me for being a bit obtuse and late in the day to ask this question but can anyone explain me, what does 'slid into someone's DMs' mean exactly, I hear it said a lot?

What I'm not clear on is say for example on Instagram, if a person DMs me and I don't know them, I get alerted or sometimes not alerted and those messages sit in an 'unknown' folder and I can review them - accept, reject, delete, block, etc. However if someone who follows me DMs me it's just a straight up message in my inbox. So where's the 'sliding' bit ?
I dislike the terminolgy but I believe it's just another way of saying that he messaged them? I think the phrase is gross, obviously Moo.

There is no connection to the victims other than BK was stalking them. It was People Magazine that viewed the Instagram accounts of the three female victims and BK attempted to contact one of them. The FBI has denied ordering IN police to pull over BK's car. IN LE had probable cause because he was following too closely.

JMO

As I said, I take everything in MSM with a grain of salt unless it's in court filings. There is no reason for me to believe People Magazine when AT is on the record, in an official court document she swore to, saying there is no connection, AND there is record of multiple fake BK social media accounts popping up after his arrest. I just don't buy it.

As for the IN stop, that was my point -- it wasn't true, just like many other things the media has reported about this case. They have repeatedly published inaccurate information.

JMO.

One can study how to interact with others but still be unable to act appropriately. I think BK has more going on than just being socially awkward.

As far as having no connection to the victims, do we all here on WS have a connection? I am curious as to exactly what “no connection” means. Does that mean BK never scrolled through the victims’ social media, or does it mean they never spoke?
Good points. The "no connection" statement by Jay Logsdon is certainly open to interpretation. Moo

Keep in mind, AT said in court documents there was no connection under penalty of purjury. The MSM source that claims the social media connection is anonymous and the MSM has notoriously gotten a lot wrong on this case thanks to anonymous sources, including the infamous Dana Smithers connection, the Mad Greek did-he-or-didn't-he, and the FBI ordering IN police to pull BK over.

MOO.
Maybe MSN got the initial sentra ID wrong too. Moo

I really hate to say this because it's just so grim... or the perpetrator unbelted his pants when in the room with M & K and the sheath slid off?

Having said that to my mind, if he went out in a 'stalking / housebreaking / assaulting / kill' outfit, I suspect it would have been something dark and extremely thin and lightweight, possibly waterproof, like running gear, not the sort of clothing that has a belt around the waist.

If he went creeping up to that house, he's not going to go in with a huge knife and sheath belted to the outside of his garments, he would however want fast and unimpeded access to it in case of unexpected attack or confrontation. So, maybe he had it slid inside his garments maybe held in place like a sort of holster but it came loose? or up his sleeve or pushed into the waist of elastic pants (unsure of dimensions), even clipped on his leg under long pants.

I would not rush to assume anything, because up till this day, I don’t know what his sexual preferences were. Basing on the information we have been presented, and especially some earlier interviews with his students, I don’t have any intuitive feeling whether BK was straight, gay, bisexual, aromantic, asexual, or something else. And honestly, no information that we got is very enlightening. I don’t know whether he entered the house (if he did) for a SA, or planned to kill someone, or simply thought there was something in the house he could steal and put to a good use. If there is any story indicating how to define him, I shall be happy to explore it, but isolated information about a failed Tinder date or staring scarily at women doesn’t tell us much. I am slightly surprised that, having grown in the house with a mom and two sisters, he did not develop better social skills with women, though. From one of his student’s account, it seems that BK was less harsh in grading some male students, but it might have also been subjective impression of the interviewee.

Possible handcuff chafing from wearing belly chains.
The belly chain goes around their waist and has 2 handcuffs attached to it and pulls the wrist to the body and can be irritating ..... 2 Cents

Bryan Kohberger Family

That hand is definitely swollen!

It's hard to fathom siting where he's sitting and finding anything to feel smug about.

But I suspect he doesn't feel the least bit caged. He probably feels pleased, to be castled off. No longer has to deal with people, especially women.

It occurred to me that, if BK is an injustice collector, he likely had a whole file on his family. Perhaps, topping the list, being turned into cops over his sister's phone.

Passive aggression is real. It's more than Minnesota nice -- the polite no when you secretly mean yes -- abs is a whole paradigm for interaction. Would not surprise me to learn that that single act (turning him in) was Day 1 of a mental file marked 'Mark My Wirds, One Day You'll Pay".

And now he's sticking it to the man. You think borrowing my sister's phone is bad....

How better to CRUSH your parents than to lean into crime?

I don't think tge death sentence rocks his boat, nor does losing the freedom to spend time with family, develop his career, find a mate, procreate, teach.

He's got place to live, rent free. No one to humiliate, no one humiliated him. Yes, jail/prison has a pecking order but at least he doesn't have bosses, professors, admin, parents, women telling him how to behave, what he can and cannot do.

He strikes me as the type who, given the chance, will get an online law degree, will give and control interviews, cause as much pain as he can and derive great pleasure from it, and chuckle to himself, how superior he is, how inferior everyone else is.

I believe that BK has a stringent personal code. Follows it rigidly.

I think he said don't worry -- I'm here to help you to Xana, possibly because she had a weapon of some kind. Golf club comes go mind, which he was slowly reaching for -- you can trust me, I won't hurt you like a "friend" who says that to you right before they backstab you.

He used the words in an attempt to disarm her. It was too late. He had her cornered and he had all the advantage. JMOO

He had nothing to lose.

Jmo
With the statement about women telling him what to do I had a flashback to my ex complaining about me that I was like his sisters n mother. At a similar time his sisters experience of him was that he was the golden boy

How differently the four of them interpreted things . He’s my ex because he give any one female respect btw ( me , his daughter, his colleagues)

He did it because he could.

They did nothing at all to contribute to their own slaughter.

I was pondering and realised we may never know the whys.

We will know how they died, we will know the length breadth and depth of the wounds he inflicted upon their bodies. We will know of his savagery.

They were just kids, being kids.

I don't really see him any more.
I just see a slasher.
And even if he gets lWP or DP he's still just a slasher of innocence.
There is no real justice.
The best that anybody can hope for is catharsis of sorts.
We got that with Gannon.
But that was exceptional at every level.

IMO and appropriate allegedlys here and there.

What's going on with BK's left hand --the bandage? Did he hurt himself? Blood work?

From June 9 hearing photo by (Zach Wilkinson/The Moscow-Pullman Daily News via AP, Pool)

He lost his health insurance when he lost his TA position; good thing he has free-to-him medical now.
Have to keep him healthy for the trial.

Maybe boxing in his cell or punched a wall? Strange location for a wound.

JMO
edit: It doesn't matter what he's wearing, he looks guilty to me. MOO

Strange thing to say out of leftfield but I wonder if he's needed an iron infusion? He looks abnormally pale and there's no way he'll be getting sufficient iron on a prison diet plus he's been vegan for many years.

But that large dressing is high up on his hand, strange place

Good catch on the bandage—looks big for a blood draw and out of place for a punch wound…maybe a backhanded punch to a wall.
I wonder if he has undergone any IV treatments for something. When I had to go on IV antibiotics that’s where the line got attached to a catheter that stayed in my hand for 2 weeks.

Maybe MSN got the initial sentra ID wrong too. Moo
Police in the DC sniper case were looking for a box truck or white van for months. It ended up being an old beat up blue sedan. That didn’t stop them from securing a conviction. I’m sure there are plenty of other examples.

Incomplete or incorrect information is part of every early investigation. It’s why you investigate. To eliminate Sentras.

Police in the DC sniper case were looking for a box truck or white van for months. It ended up being an old beat up blue sedan. That didn’t stop them from securing a conviction. I’m sure there are plenty of other examples.

Incomplete or incorrect information is part of every early investigation. It’s why you investigate. To eliminate Sentras.

Thank you for saying this. The Sentra discussion is just haunting, like lots of other information in this case. We get it wrong, correct it and the correction just won't stay because there was an error made buy a source initially. If we see the 51T data, surely it will make sense then what the question was. IMO.

Totally agree. I don't see there being an issue at all as far as a sentra goes, if one even existed in the first place as a vehicle of interest.

Seems far. Any idea where the router was placed? The Queen parking is higher, Wifi signal tends down. MOO 300 ft Is for a router placed outside.
I think it was in the living room under the TV. See what you think - that area is at :04 in the video of the roommates pretending to be each other - as soon as MM comes up the stairs there.

Last edited:
Thank you for saying this. The Sentra discussion is just haunting, like lots of other information in this case. We get it wrong, correct it and the correction just won't stay because there was an error made buy a source initially. If we see the 51T data, surely it will make sense then what the question was. IMO
From reading some of the docs in the Delphi case (Libby and Abby) this is in their PCA, and seems perhaps the car year in BK case isn't a problem so much!

1688231923270.png
A PT, IMO, looks nothing like any of these cars.

I don't think I'm being clear. I'm saying they had his name before they changed the date on the Elantra. They said 2011 - 2013 Elantra. Then WSU turns over BK's name. Then they say the Elantra could be a 2011 - 2016.

I'd also be curious about when the supposed Sentra gaffe happened.
They were saying 2011-2013 even after they had his name from WSU. The early December articles were still saying 2011-2013. I don't know if that's intentional or a mistake, but WSU had run his plates and they knew what he drove when they released the 2011-2013 dates.

From reading some of the docs in the Delphi case (Libby and Abby) this is in their PCA, and seems perhaps the car year in BK case isn't a problem so much!

View attachment 432242
A PT, IMO, looks nothing like any of these cars.

Thanks. I don't mean you but I don't get all the hyper-focusing on the car year.

All investigations are like this in that they develop over time as new information becomes available. Homicide investigations are like giant puzzles and piece by piece they are put together until there 's enough evidence to indict.

A make or year of car changing - as more is learned - is part of a normal investigation.

Sorry here’s another random thought from me- if you were to spend all that time gaining a masters degree and then to be pursuing a PHD I’m kinda wondering why? To plan the perfect crime(which it’s obv it’s not) and get away with it after learning all about the techniques you could use to “get away with it” ? So just study and learn for years to throw it all away? It doesn’t make sense IMO

We could posit that Kohberger's brain is one that has a kind of switch in it (this is a major theory on how people can go into the states needed to, say, knife four strangers to death). It does not make sense to the rest of us, of course, and is considered a symptom or abnormal quality (because the brain's owner doesn't have adequate control over the brain state).

The right pre-frontal cortex may actually act as a "kill switch" for most anti-social/violent behavior. It is programmed to do this throughout childhood, but some people have defects in that region (either inherited or otherwise biologically determined OR perhaps acquired - there's research to suggest that it can be acquired). Does Kohberger's VSS play a role here? There are concerning symptoms of that neurological disorder that make me think that's possible.

IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member