4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #85

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine so. JMO MOO

I do feel it's remarkable that it was one of the victim's final night ever in the house and this seems to coincide with the fact that most young women who are murdered by someone they know are killed at the time they attempt to 'end / leave' the relationship.

I am not in any way suggesting that anyone in the house was in a relationship with BK or any murderer but if they were being stalked or that person was fixated on them or had come to know information about them, it could have been a driving factor time wise.

JMO
Agreed. I know it’s been thrown around that MM and XK were the targets or just MM bc of a Mad Greek connection. However. Something had to make him tick for picking that particular night. That Saturday night would’ve been the less likely choice in my opinion. If he wanted to kill why not choose the middle of a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night where you know there aren’t usually outsiders visiting at odd hours or staying over for the weekend. Did he choose this night bc he thought the occupants of the house were most likely intoxicated? There is something there that we don’t know about yet. I’m hoping we find out

Agreed. I know it’s been thrown around that MM and XK were the targets or just MM bc of a Mad Greek connection. However. Something had to make him tick for picking that particular night. That Saturday night would’ve been the less likely choice in my opinion. If he wanted to kill why not choose the middle of a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night where you know there aren’t usually outsiders visiting at odd hours or staying over for the weekend. Did he choose this night bc he thought the occupants of the house were most likely intoxicated? There is something there that we don’t know about yet. I’m hoping we find out

Possibly picked that night because it was more convenient for him personally. He had to work during the week and was off on the weekend.

The weekend parties bring more people which brings more suspects. LE took DNA from multiple people including from a person's cigarette. (Looking for article to link)

2 cents

"Dream Team"

Adding to
@Nila Aella's list:

Defense Team:

Anne C. Taylor
- Chief Public Defender
Jay W. Logsdon - Chief Deputy of Litigation
Elisa G. Massoth - Criminal Defense Attorney - Represented two clients to exoneration after wrongful convictions.

Bicka Barlow - DNA consultant
Stephen B Mercer - DNA consultant

Matthew Noedel - Crime scene investigator featured in a documentary reconstruction of rapper Tupac Shakur's death.

Jeff Nye - Deputy attorney general -- Criminal law division
Ingrid Batey - Deputy attorney general - Criminal law division

Preposterous!

Possibly picked that night because it was more convenient for him personally. He had to work during the week and was off on the weekend.

The weekend parties bring more people which brings more suspects. LE took DNA from multiple people including from a person's cigarette. (Looking for article to link)

2 cents
I agree, but the next weekend was thanksgiving break which would’ve given him more time away from his job. Possibly heal injuries he would’ve sustained. He obviously wasn’t going to fly/drive back to PA between breaks with his dad flying over to drive/help him back. I’m sure his dad had already booked a ticket at this point. He couldve spent his whole week inside his apartment if there was any injuries. But he chose the week before And apparently didn’t show up on the Monday after the murders..

If Kaylee had been home for a bit, that Saturday’s earlier Instagram post showed that she was back in town. Or someone could have been watching the live feed from the food truck.

I agree, but the next weekend was thanksgiving break which would’ve given him more time away from his job. Possibly heal injuries he would’ve sustained. He obviously wasn’t going to fly/drive back to PA between breaks with his dad flying over to drive/help him back. I’m sure his dad had already booked a ticket at this point. He couldve spent his whole week inside his apartment if there was any injuries. But he chose the week before And apparently didn’t show up on the Monday after the murders..
I think you answered the question why he picked that weekend.
Because, as you say, the next weekend was Thanksgiving.

The King Rd students had family to go back to so nobody would be in the house - likely.

And he needed to "get this done" well before finals and Christmas break. Why? Because he wanted to be in town to hear - up close and personal - what everyone locally and in class were saying about the investigation.

Part of the "thrill" would be listening to all the local news reports, press conferences, LE bulletins,
family interviews, especially people talking, SM gossip, internet MSM and tabloid news, Facebook posts about victims, etc....ALL WHILE BEING CLOSE TO WHERE IT HAPPENED.

Hummm...

Another reason he picked that night could be - if true - that it was the last night one of the victims was going to be there.

Does anyone know more information about this?

2 Cents

If Kaylee had been home for a bit, that Saturday’s earlier Instagram post showed that she was back in town. Or someone could have been watching the live feed from the food truck.
In my opinion. That post is a big piece to this puzzle
I think you answered the question why he picked that weekend.
Because, as you say, the next weekend was Thanksgiving.

The King Rd students had family to go back to so nobody would be in the house - likely.

And he needed to "get this done" well before finals and Christmas break. Why? Because he wanted to be in town to hear - up close and personal - what everyone locally and in class were saying about the investigation.

Part of the "thrill" would be listening to all the local news reports, press conferences, LE bulletins,
family interviews, especially people talking, SM gossip, internet MSM and tabloid news, Facebook posts about victims, etc....ALL WHILE BEING CLOSE TO WHERE IT HAPPENED.

Hummm...

Another reason he picked that night could be - if true - that it was the last night one of the victims was going to be there.

Does anyone know more information about this?

2 Cent

I don’t deny he wanted to see the fireworks of what he had done. But for a guy going after a phd in criminology and out to commit the perfect murder. Why in the world would he drive his own car and cut his phone off (during the time of murders).

We aren't allowed to discuss BK's mental health diagnoses or not here aside from VSS because breach of T&Cs.

However, we do know that he was chronically overweight as a youngster, worked hard to lose that weight but subsequently fell into substance addiction and specifically heroin addiction. We do know that he struggled socially and conversationally from accounts given by various people. We also know he had been found to be inappropriately behaved in his university campus - place of work and study, resulting in his dismissal and 'trespassing' from the grounds.

There is also rumour that he was behaving unusually in other environments such as university social spaces and bars 'staring' at people and speaking inappropriately mostly to women 'being creepy'. We also know he was awake overnights in a quite unusual way, going night running, and even behaving antisocially making noise doing cleaning in the small hours which disturbed a neighbour. There was some talk that he'd once seemed unusual asking for a household's pots and pans to be replaced due to his veganism (however, that's not too odd IMO as a strict vegetarian myself!).

We know he was a poor driver and had multiple traffic stops and during at least one of those, reading between the lines there was a certain dynamic in the way that he communicated and questioned the female officer.

I am not a psychiatrist or psychologist but I do know if all of those behaviours and traits were showing up in someone, it leans towards something isn't right and there's an overarching 'something' going on that this person isn't reaching their full potential, isn't fitting in, is struggling, looks uneasy, is in some form of discomfort. And that is not involving any criminal behaviour, just based on how their life is going and how they're 'being'.
Oops! I forgot.

I don't think we know, but due to a possible typo in the Daily Mail, some people think that BF saw a different (naked) man at her window that night. I believe this to be rumor and I do not have the DM link (and everything that comes up on google is, tellingly, an unapproved source).

However, I do believe the Defense might actually be trying to establish that the two survivors saw two different people.

The unknown male DNA was sure to be discovered because there's no way that there wouldn't be at least some, somewhere. It *should* be on the sheath. It should be easy for a good expert witness to demolish that (if the Court even allows this type of defense). If it's factory workers, there will be markers from the region of manufacturer (Northern Mexico, I believe).

Loose ends do indeed happen. For the Defense to make much of an issue of that, they'll need a very odd sort of expert witness, IMO.

I think the Defense will also make a big deal of the car. In the past two weeks, the most jarring new claim by the Defense is their claim that there's no sign of connections between Kohberger and any of the victims - including no DNA from the victims in his car or apartment (said the Defense). As many of us theorized here, Kohberger did a good job planning the crime (in terms of how much blood got spread around). And of course, we don't know the true state of the evidence.

JMO.
IMO, in addition BF and DM were isolated in their rooms during the murders and as a result of the locations of each of their rooms, their experience of the events are likely to be considerably different as would their perception of and response to what was happening. There is no way that there will not be some conflict in their descriptions of that night, simply because of their different locations in the house. All IMO.

Latah County prosecutor asks for $135,000 for trial expenses, a big jump from normal $15,000​

• Jun 14, 2023
“It’s hard to project exactly what’s going to be involved,” he said. “We know that it’s not going to be cheap.”

According to Thompson’s request, trial expenses include paying for the services of expert witnesses, witness travel fees, transcript fees and exhibit displays.

Thompson said his office is trying to keep its budget projections as conservative as possible, but at the same time “we need to make sure that we don’t cut corners on anything with regard to making sure this case is handled properly.”
Commissioner Kathie LaFortune expressed her support and even suggested he raise his request to $150,000 for trial expenses to safely cover any future costs.
MOO Well that is sad.

Kyle Rittenhouse's defense was 2 million for example, and it gained aquittal.
I figure that case had about the same complexity and media Kohbergers defense will have.

Last edited:
MOO Well that is sad.

Kyle Rittenhouse's defense was 2million for example, and it gained aquittal.
I figure that case had about the same complexity and media Kohbergers defense will have.
Rittenhouse' defense wasn't paid by taxpayers, it was paid for by private donors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would imagine so. JMO MOO

I do feel it's remarkable that it was one of the victim's final night ever in the house and this seems to coincide with the fact that most young women who are murdered by someone they know are killed at the time they attempt to 'end / leave' the relationship.

I am not in any way suggesting that anyone in the house was in a relationship with BK or any murderer but if they were being stalked or that person was fixated on them or had come to know information about them, it could have been a driving factor time wise.

JMO
I agree. I think it was a "now or never" thing, knowing (if he'd been keeping an eye on SM) that Kaylee would be leaving for Texas the following day. (IIRC, MOO)

I don’t deny he wanted to see the fireworks of what he had done. But for a guy going after a phd in criminology and out to commit the perfect murder. Why in the world would he drive his own car and cut his phone off (during the time of murders).

Only responding to this question as an exercise in trying to find creative answers to that problem:

- Maybe he didn't care too much about possibly being caught and was only making a half-assed attempt (either consciously / unconsciously);

- Maybe he was under the influence of chemical substances that made him reckless and spontaneous;

- Maybe he was in a state of rage or driven by compulsion so strong that it over-rode usual caution;

- Maybe he had made a plan so meticulous he believed he'd never be suspected, never mind caught;

- Maybe he was well aware of every traffic camera and public camera and street and door camera in the area and implicitly knew his car wouldn't be sighted; (seems rather unlikely)

- Maybe he thought he knew how phone tracking worked and that he was beating the system and not at risk of being identified;

- Maybe he was under some delusion or psychosis and was following some profoundly deranged scheme or plot that couldn't make sense to the rest of us;

- Maybe he was in collaboration with someone else and doing what he was instructed / suggested;

- Maybe he wanted to be close to being caught and have a hunt for him knowing that some of his clues were out there? Thrill of being hunted?

- Maybe he was completely convinced he'd put someone else in the frame and they'd be the one charged?

Just ideas... feel free to add...

Only responding to this question as an exercise in trying to find creative answers to that problem:

- Maybe he didn't care too much about possibly being caught and was only making a half-assed attempt (either consciously / unconsciously);

- Maybe he was under the influence of chemical substances that made him reckless and spontaneous;

- Maybe he was in a state of rage or driven by compulsion so strong that it over-rode usual caution;

- Maybe he had made a plan so meticulous he believed he'd never be suspected, never mind caught;

- Maybe he was well aware of every traffic camera and public camera and street and door camera in the area and implicitly knew his car wouldn't be sighted; (seems rather unlikely)

- Maybe he thought he knew how phone tracking worked and that he was beating the system and not at risk of being identified;

- Maybe he was under some delusion or psychosis and was following some profoundly deranged scheme or plot that couldn't make sense to the rest of us;

- Maybe he was in collaboration with someone else and doing what he was instructed / suggested;

- Maybe he wanted to be close to being caught and have a hunt for him knowing that some of his clues were out there? Thrill of being hunted?

- Maybe he was completely convinced he'd put someone else in the frame and they'd be the one charged?

Just ideas... feel free to add...
Weren’t his vehicle registration tags about to expire during the time of the murders? Perhaps he liked the idea that he could commit the crime with one license plate, then shortly thereafter change his plate after having paid for a new registration.

I don't think we know, but due to a possible typo in the Daily Mail, some people think that BF saw a different (naked) man at her window that night. I believe this to be rumor and I do not have the DM link (and everything that comes up on google is, tellingly, an unapproved source).

However, I do believe the Defense might actually be trying to establish that the two survivors saw two different people.

The unknown male DNA was sure to be discovered because there's no way that there wouldn't be at least some, somewhere. It *should* be on the sheath. It should be easy for a good expert witness to demolish that (if the Court even allows this type of defense). If it's factory workers, there will be markers from the region of manufacturer (Northern Mexico, I believe).

Loose ends do indeed happen. For the Defense to make much of an issue of that, they'll need a very odd sort of expert witness, IMO.

I think the Defense will also make a big deal of the car. In the past two weeks, the most jarring new claim by the Defense is their claim that there's no sign of connections between Kohberger and any of the victims - including no DNA from the victims in his car or apartment (said the Defense). As many of us theorized here, Kohberger did a good job planning the crime (in terms of how much blood got spread around). And of course, we don't know the true state of the evidence.

JMO.
IMO - I remember reading this also & thought perhaps BF may have seen BK removing whatever he was wearing during his time in the house, before getting back to his vehicle & leaving the crime scene? MOO

It might have something to do with Elliott Rodgers Manifesto, particularly pg. 118. I googled Elliott Rodgers manifesto and a pdf came up that is searchable py page number. Very erie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member