4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO because he doesnt have an alibi. His attorney is searching for discovery information for any gap in surveillance to claim that is where he was.
In other words, He doens't want to pin himself down.

Yeah, yeah, that's where I was, yeah.
Exactly. The state demanded that if he’s going to try to produce an alibi at trial, they get information about that. And what they got is…nothing. So we can put that to rest now, right? That he may have had an alibi? That’s gone.

I think if I was a creepy looing loner guy I'd AVOID doing things that made people esp. women fear me like STARE, STALK, and take long drives at night stalking women.
It's as if no one told him, "Het, dude stop acting like a CREEP!" You'd think his best friend or sisters would be first to point it out. STOP BEING CREEPY!
If he ends up NOT guilty and someone else confesses to framing him he is the world's most unlucky guy.
People may well have told him that, but I don't think it would have helped. I have a completely different view of guys who are not able to have a normal adult relationship with women since I read that incel article someone shared recently. I never realized until then that there is a whole subculture of guys who not only hate women for turning them down, but literally hate them more for not initiating advances to their creepy selves.

I should add to this that it's also possible that the opposite is true. She deliberately wanted it public to 1) float the theory and examine social as to how it's being received;

True, but once it is floated, can it be retracted? I don't think so. She owns that alibi now, IMO

and 2) get in another complaint for public consumption that she didn't get her PC hearing and intimate that the state somehow acted underhandedly in convening a GJ.

jmo
I think that GJ complaint will eventually fall flat. There is plenty of evidence for him to go to trial as charged. JMO

It was an exact match. We'd need another planet with about 10 trillion humans on it for it to be anyone else.

DNA is like that. It's crisper than a fingerprint. Unless he has an identical twin, it's him.

IMO.

Some pundits are making a lot of hay about the DNA analysis that yielded that at "least" 99.9998%" of the male population would be excluded from the sample belonging to the suspect's biological father (now they have BK's direct DNA) as being "touch" DNA. I don't see that touch argument being a winner but you never know what a jury will do.

jmo

It’s lovely.

But it also makes me think. They’ve got to know he’s a mass murderer. So creepy. How can one work that hard to get this monster off? They know there’s no alibi. The only thing they could bring forward was something that makes him look like a typical serial killer.

What do they call that? Trawling? Trolling? Creepy crawling?

Well... he had too most likely.
For sure couldn't say he was at home IMO.
True, because the state has ample evidence forcing him to admit as much.
Driving around is his only out I think.
I don't think it is really an out. I think it brings him closer into the firefight to admit he was in that car with his phone.
Always can say he was framed- someone put his sheath and DNA in home but it wasn't him.

I don't see how that works--the DNA frame thing. Someone would have had to frame him before the crime happened, by getting his DNA and a sheath, before the killings.
OK, if they did that, did they also create the situation of him driving around all night near the crime scene during the murders? And parking right there at the crucial time?
Also I don't see how not driving around an area (if usual area) after there is a high profile murder in said area is strange at all. Especially when 4 people are slaughtered.
True, he can use that as an explanation.

Some pundits are making a lot of hay about the DNA analysis that yielded that at "least" 99.9998%" of the male population would be excluded from the sample belonging to the suspect's biological father (now they have BK's direct DNA) as being "touch" DNA. I don't see that touch argument being a winner but you never know what a jury will do.

jmo
That touch DNA thing is not a winning argument, IMO. It could be if BK had no other connection to the crime scene at all.

If he was home in bed that night, even if he couldn't prove it, he could use the 'touch' DNA excuse as a possibility he wasn't there. But his phone pings and his car videos nullify that argument, IMO. What are the odds that they are pointed in his direction by three separate types of evidence?

True, but once it is floated, can it be retracted? I don't think so. She owns that alibi now, IMO

I think that GJ complaint will eventually fall flat. There is plenty of evidence for him to go to trial as charged. JMO

If the defense decided not to present that alibi during the trial, is the prosecution allowed to bring it up? I am not sure how the prosecution would do that if BK doesn't take the stand. So it seems to me that the defense could "retract" (so to speak) their alibi notice information by not referring to it at trial.

IMO. IANAL.

Okay. I thought you said Judge Tripps. That was the confusion.

I knew about Judge Judge. A Magistrate (usually an atty from the community) is appointed to the court as a (Magistrate) judge to help the other judges in the district clear the docket by assisting with housekeeping duties and clearing the docket of low level offenses and routine matters like probable cause hearings, signing off on warrants, presiding over initial appearances, misdemeanor offenses, that sort of stuff. Magistrates cannot sit over these types of felony cases so this case was always going to get moved over to him at some point.

jmo
No that was my fault I call Judge John Judge J Tripps for short and I probably shouldn't. o_O

I would be really curious to know if BK's long standing habit of going out for drives alone at night stopped after the night of the murders. Based on his area of study, I would think that King Road would become even more interesting to him after the Idaho murders. Crime scenes are known for drawing attention and onlookers. I am curious if BK lost his interest in King Road though...
I’m wondering what this habit led to prior to these murders. My sense is these were his first murders. But you never know. He could’ve been doing other things as well. I wonder if any unsolved criminal cases can be pinned on him.

PCA indicates his phone connected to cell resources that serve Moscow (did not say King Rd specifically) on 11/14 but they don’t believe he was in Moscow at that time. No further Moscow pings after that.
That concerns me. Is the defense going to jump on that to say that cell evidence is unreliable in general?

I mean I know they have a ton of stuff but that’s weird.

If the defense decided not to present that alibi during the trial, is the prosecution allowed to bring it up? I am not sure how the prosecution would do that if BK doesn't take the stand. So it seems to me that the defense could "retract" (so to speak) their alibi notice information by not referring to it at trial.

IMO only, IANAL.
I guess that would be true. But it also means she cannot offer a different alibi because if so, I think the state would object and ask the courts about bringing in the previous alibi document.

Once the defense team offers their alibi to the court in a formal way, as they did, it becomes part of the trial, in some form. If they never bring up an alibi again, maybe it never comes before the jury.

But if they try and say something different as an alibi, I think it will possibly come in somehow by the State's objection.

And what if they try and deny that he was out driving in that area? Can that offer to the court of his alibi come in then? Maybe by the states cross examination of defense witnesses?

Also I don't see how not driving around an area (if usual area) after there is a high profile murder in said area is strange at all. Especially when 4 people are slaughtered.
For the sake of argument, let's just assume that he avoided that particular area because he didn't want to be near the crime scene for a purely innocent reason. Did he avoid all late night drives? Did he drop a long-standing hobby because of a crime in an adjacent college town? I don't know the answers. Just posing the questions.

As a side note, most crime scenes attract visitors. This is why they suggested demolishing the house; they did not want to turn the crime scene into a spectacle. People can't resist their morbid curiosity. And yet, BK was a criminology major, and he had no interest in the crime scene. While that could be the case, it seems to raise some eyebrows, especially in light of his other actions around the time of the crime and his affinity for the area before the crime.

Last edited:

jmo
Not that it ended up at trial, but Barry Morphew’s attorneys made a lot of hay about glovebox DNA being a partial match to 3 unsolved sexual assaults. Lots of hoopla with zero science backing it up, who knows if a juror could buy into nonsense.

AT seems to have put off stating his alibi is driving around for as long as possible and its easy to see why, he will place himself nearby, parked or some such while SODDI killed his stalking targets and planted his DNA at the scene.

As for forgetting where he went on that drive, on that night... not believable.

Any reasonable person who is in the vicinity of a murder immmediately reviews where they were, did they see the murderer etc.
His interest in crime ... vanished when a major crime happened 10 miles away?

When the Moscow police initiated a public request for White Elentras did this PhD student of criminology who owned a White Elantra decline to call in?

MOO this is the storm AT was putting off till the last minute.

Two things to note. Assuming the green leafy substance is not tea or basil...

Marijuana is 100% legal in Washington State while still being 100% illegal in Pennsylvania. He could have brought it back with him.

Kratom is something else that comes to mind. It carries the same effects as opioids and is often used as a "lesser evil" tradeoff for addicts. It is legal in WA and PA.

Both can be professionally packaged in canisters and might come in a plastic bag.
BK being a recovered addict(heroin) according to reports from people who knew him HS, it doesn't seem like a smart idea to me to be dabbling in pot or Kratom. There have recently been quite a few wrongful death suits awarded for Kratom overdoses in the media lately.

MOO

I’m wondering what this habit led to prior to these murders. My sense is these were his first murders. But you never know. He could’ve been doing other things as well. I wonder if any unsolved criminal cases can be pinned on him.
I think we're going to find out a lot of disturbing details about BK during trial.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member