4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so BK has a long-standing habit of driving around the area at night when he can’t sleep. How many times *after the murders* did he drive around the area at night?
Whether him not going back that way in the time after the murders looks suspicious or not might depend on when his 12 previous times being in the area occurred. In the PCA, it's stated that the phone records from June 2022 through November 2022 showed BK's phone utilizing the same cellular resources as King Rd 12 times prior to Nov. 13th. What isn't specified is when those prior times occurred. Were they spread out evenly over five and half months, or more concentrated over a shorter time frame? We only know of one occasion, Aug. 21, which was two and half months prior. JMO.

His cellphone data will be a gold mine.

How often did he randomly turn it off between 2 and 4 am?

What routes did he travel?

i can already see the the Prosecution"s white boards.

They'll have him tracked to the minute.

Jmo

I really think that strategy backfired. It seems like it would be better to quietly submit this type of alibi rather than create so much hype.

I’m sure they have little to work with but still. This alibi reads like a quasi confession to me. “Yes I was driving around that night. But not in the areas where all the cameras and cell coverage says I was driving. Or if I was driving where all the cameras say I was, it’s because that’s just a thing I like to do for reasons that definitely don’t include stalking or acting on homicidal rage. “
umm ok? You just admitted that you were behind the wheel of your car - the same car caught on camera at the murder scene. That is half the battle lost with your alibi. IMO
The Defense has done nothing but hype their Motions, and quite dramatically at that.

For AT & Company to talk about media attention and unfair trial, their Motions are front and center on every MSM sites and social media rags. This 'alibi' would be almost comical if 4 innocent college students weren't brutally murdered.

Guess you can't have it both ways D.

MOO

That’s what every criminal should claim if they need a defense alibi. ‘I was out driving around’.
Ok you are innocent’.

That’s really dumb and even dumber to drop it as bombshell alibi hype.

I think if I was a creepy looing loner guy I'd AVOID doing things that made people esp. women fear me like STARE, STALK, and take long drives at night stalking women.
It's as if no one told him, "Het, dude stop acting like a CREEP!" You'd think his best friend or sisters would be first to point it out. STOP BEING CREEPY!
If he ends up NOT guilty and someone else confesses to framing him he is the world's most unlucky guy.
I think BK's family have been put through an emotional and financial 'ringer' with him from early on. His dad talking to people about maybe trying to be friends with BK is not normal at age 26+.

It's a shame as his family are innocent victims as well. :(

He was driving around. Sheesh. Accidentally looping around the very house which would become a crime scene. 3 point turning.. Driving, driving, driving. Except for those 15 minutes or so when he was parking and not driving. Before suddenly driving off again.

What was his sudden hurry at 4:20?

Besides his DNA on the sheath of the murder weapon under the body of a victim, there's one other really defining -- and damning -- piece of circumstantial evidence, X's digital footprint. She was on Tik Tok ... until she wasn't anymore. Until she was no longer able to.... that detail triangulation time of death near to the minute.

BK was driving around. Yes, we know that. We're all agreed on that. He did indeed drive around nearly without break from roughly 1:30 to 5:30 that morning.

It's where he was at 4:12 that matters.

He wasn't driving.

JMO

Ok, so BK has a long-standing habit of driving around the area at night when he can’t sleep. How many times *after the murders* did he drive around the area at night?

This is another really good pick-up imo. Per the PCA, none.

From the PCA:
Page 12:

On 12/23 I was granted a search warrant for Kohberger's historical CSLI from June 23, 2022 to current [the affidavit is dated 12/29], prospective location information, and a Pen Register/Trap and Trace…

Page 15:

... The 8458 phone has not connected to any towers that provide service to Moscow since that date (the 9 am morning drive-by)

And, even though the warrant only covers until 12/29, we know he was out of Idaho by 12/29.

jmo

I'd bet many donuts that on BK's two trips via the southern route back to Pullman (through Genesee/Clarkston areas) were the only two times there's evidence of him driving there. The second time he clearly goes to 1122 King Rd. Perhaps to look for the sheath, just in case. For all we know, he left some other evidence behind and retried and disposed of that, too.

I can't wait to find out what he actually bought at Albertson's. I doubt it was breakfast. Even if they never found evidence of the crime along that route, I'm guessing he stopped more than just one time per trip. My own theory is that he bought something with which to continue cleaning his car, and was in Clarkston long enough to park near the Snake River (across the street from Albertson's, basically) and to perhaps clean the driver area of his car one more time. He didn't want to re-contaminate his shoes or clothing that day.

He might have/would have had cleaning elements from his apartment, after showering, etc. I figure he was pretty paranoid about the cleaning and disposal of cleaning products.

If he had been on that route before, I'd wager it was just one time (searching out possible evidence disposal sites). But I doubt he was ever there before, he used maps.google or similar to figure out where to go that was more rural (I can't say "wilderness" because it isn't, he could have found much more remote areas by driving east of Moscow, IMO.

All JMO.
And, MOO it is very possible he had some evidence (concealed from his father I would think) that he may have ditched in various states along the way. The hotel they stayed in, places they stopped to eat, etc.

jmo

The Defense has done nothing but hype their Motions, and quite dramatically at that.

For AT & Company to talk about media attention and unfair trial, their Motions are front and center on every MSM sites and social media rags. This 'alibi' would be almost comical if 4 innocent college students weren't brutally murdered.

Guess you can't have it both ways D.

MOO
I wish I could like this 100x.

jmo

Well, we know they seized at least two from the PA residence. Remarkably, they do not state the type of knife for the the first which may be significant.

Compare the entry for Item 1 to the entry for Item 5 on this warrant return of the PA home:

(The warrant return inventory of seized items, handwritten. You have to scroll past the typed portion that deals with what they were authorized to search "for".)
It's interesting to see the totality of evidence they recovered at BK's home in PA. All of the computers, monitors, hard drives, mother boards, clothes, even a shop vac.

I wonder if BK ever even intended to go back to WSU?

#1 Knife - No identifier (makes me curious)
#5 Knife - Smith & Wesson

#8 Green leafy substance in green container
#10 Green leafy substance in plastic bag (Pot perhaps?)

MOO

Good points.

The defense is doing its job, given the cards it has to work with, MOO.
<snipped for focus>

Agree, the defense is trying to keep the option open of establishing an alibi as the case proceeds. They may not present this "alibi" to the jury during the trial, but they have it on record with the court if they decide to go in that direction, and if the judge allows an exception to the alibi rule and lets them explore this line of defense during the trial with witnesses, which I think he would given that this is a death-eligible case.

Even if it doesn't meet the strict requirements of the alibi rule, AT has it on record as another possibility as reason for appeal if the defense is denied the option to cross examine witnesses, etc. during the trial.

In my opinion, with regard to AT, she knows what she is doing.

It's interesting to see the totality of evidence they recovered at BK's home in PA. All of the computers, monitors, hard drives, mother boards, clothes, even a shop vac.

I wonder if BK ever even intended to go back to WSU?

#1 Knife - No identifier (makes me curious)
#5 Knife - Smith & Wesson

#8 Green leafy substance in green container
#10 Green leafy substance in plastic bag (Pot perhaps?)

MOO
Two things to note. Assuming the green leafy substance is not tea or basil...

Marijuana is 100% legal in Washington State while still being 100% illegal in Pennsylvania. He could have brought it back with him.

Kratom is something else that comes to mind. It carries the same effects as opioids and is often used as a "lesser evil" tradeoff for addicts. It is legal in WA and PA.

Both can be professionally packaged in canisters and might come in a plastic bag.

Will this be in def's upcoming supplementary response re Alibi Request?

In the early hours of Nov 13, BK followed a car which was cruising aimlessly, driven by Chuck Berry who had ---

"No Particular Place To Go"

"Ridin' along in my automobile
My baby beside me at the wheel
I stole a kiss at the turn of a mile
My curiosity runnin' wild
Cruisin' and playin' the radio
With no particular place to go

"Ridin' along in my automobile
I was anxious to tell her the way I feel
So I told her softly and sincere
And she leaned and whispered in my ear
Cuddlin' more and drivin' slow
With no particular place to go...."

[ wink ;) ]
Google search: “No Particular Place to Go” by Chuck Berry LIVE (Shorts)
for a 25 sec. clip of the DuckWalker himself singing ^.

Last edited:
Catch this last paragraph in AT's Response to Alibi BK is asking for exemption from further inquiry and is willing to provide further details in an ex party' hearing with the court:

View attachment 439024
Looks like another tactic to buy time.

This is exhausting...but it's the legal system working itself out and he is entitled to pull every lever.

[snipped by me]

That's a really good point imo. If she had only complied at the outset she could have asked the court to put it under seal because it was still developing work product, and we'd be none the wiser. But she skirted the rules again, had to reply to the state's brief, and in being what seems consumed with coming up with an argument in response, probably didn't think to request it be sealed.

So, now we all know.
jmo

I don't think she had to reply to the state's motion, I think she took advantage of the option to reply so that she could state on the record that an alibi defense might be forthcoming once she is able to cross examine witnesses and put defense expert witnesses on the stand. I think it was important for the defense to get this on record if needed for future appeals.

This is another really good pick-up imo. Per the PCA, none.

From the PCA:
Page 12:

On 12/23 I was granted a search warrant for Kohberger's historical CSLI from June 23, 2022 to current [the affidavit is dated 12/29], prospective location information, and a Pen Register/Trap and Trace…

Page 15:

... The 8458 phone has not connected to any towers that provide service to Moscow since that date (the 9 am morning drive-by)

And, even though the warrant only covers until 12/29, we know he was out of Idaho by 12/29.

jmo

Consciousness of guilt.

BK apparently and coincidentally (so many of these) stopped driving at night shortly after the murders. He can't even use the excuse of "I knew I had a white Elantra and was scared I'd be framed" since there's a 2 or 3 week gap there where he goes nowhere near Moscow.

I remember SG mentioning in one of his early interviews that the behaviour patterns after the murders were just as significant as behaviour before. At the time, a lot of people interpreted his comment to reference the survivours but he did clarify that he was speaking about the murderer.

If he had a habit of driving in that area, I would think that it would be unusual if he suddently developed a new cruising town pattern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader