48 Hours and Paradise Lost; West Memphis Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM. After watching all 3 videos, I can't wrap my mind around how this crime could be commited by 1 person. I'm not saying I'm convinced it with the WM3, but that more than 1 perp is involved -- has to be.

MOO

Mel

You may be right. But perhaps there were variables (confined space, relationship to the victims, etc.) that made it possible for one person to subdue three children.

Unfortunately, this case was so badly investigated, we will probably never know.

mgardner,

Have you read or heard about The Manhole Theory? It's discussed in detail at www.wm3blackboard.com. It provides a viable explanation for how one person (especially one who was known to the little boys and who they would have had reason to obey) could have committed this crime. Again, the total lack of evidence against the WM3 and the DNA evidence that not only exonerates the WM3 but points to a step father lead me to believe in the innocence of the WM3. Add to that the fact that all three had alibis for the afternoon and evening of May 5, 1993, and it seems impossible to me that these three young men are guilty.

mgardner,

Have you read or heard about The Manhole Theory? It's discussed in detail at www.wm3blackboard.com. It provides a viable explanation for how one person (especially one who was known to the little boys and who they would have had reason to obey) could have committed this crime. Again, the total lack of evidence against the WM3 and the DNA evidence that not only exonerates the WM3 but points to a step father lead me to believe in the innocence of the WM3. Add to that the fact that all three had alibis for the afternoon and evening of May 5, 1993, and it seems impossible to me that these three young men are guilty.

Yes, and this crime seems so up close and personal. I don't buy into the satanic theory. Was it someone they knew? Someone who was even willing to talk the children into tying up their own ankles? My thoughts right now - it was either the WM3, OR, someone these children knew. I do not conclude that it was a lone stranger.

MOO

Mel

The Manhole Theory has nothing to do with the Satanic ritual nonsense put forth by the prosecution during the trials. Basically, the boys liked to play in manholes, pretending they were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The murders happened near or in one of these manholes. The bodies were left there until the murderer had the time to move them to another location in an attempt to cover up evidence. However, two hairs miraculously survived the transport. One was found in the binding of Michael Moore, and it is a 97.5% match to the mtDNA of Stevie Branch's then-stepfather, Terry Hobbs. The other was found on a tree stump near the ditch where the bodies were discovered, and it is a 93% match to the mtDNA of David Jacoby who has testified that he and Terry Hobbs were playing guitars for about an hour (approx. 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm) on May 5, 1993. Remember, the boys were tied with their shoelaces. The hair in the ligature of Michael Moore was a reddish facial hair, a beard hair. The Manhole Theory opines that the killer came upon the boys while they were playing in the manhole. He either went down into the manhole with them (IMO, to punish his step son and it got out of hand), or he called to his step son to come up. He intended just to punish Stevie, but he killed him instead. Then, obviously, he had to eliminate the two other boys as they were witnesses to the act. He gained entry into the manhole (if the crime was committed in the manhole) because he was Stevie's step father. As long as he kept himself between the boys and the exit ladder, he could control two shocked eight year old boys long enough to knock them unconscious. If he called Stevie out, he struck the others as they emerged, knocking them unconscious and back down into the manhole. Later, probably sometime between 3 am and 5 am on the morning of May 6th, he returned to move the bodies. During the time the bodies were in the manhole, animals predated on them, causing the injuries originally attributed to a knife with a serrated blade. The bodies were in the manhole during the searching, and Hobbs was careful that he was the only one to "search" the area where the manhole was located. That's the Cliff Notes version of the Manhole Theory and how the crime was committed by using a manhole as a temporary hiding place for the bodies.

Does anybody realize that the "Manhole Theory" seems just as ridiculous to people that believe the WM3 are guilty, as the prosecutions theory seems to WM3 supporters?

It's true that different people can (and will) see and believe different things. To me, the wounds on the bodies are just much more easily explained by the Manhole Theory than by three teens in the dark, maybe drunk, who miraculously left no evidence of their presence at the scene. Again, that's my opinion. Everyone can form their own, but please base it on evidence, not Satanic panic and a desperate attempt to "find the killer quickly" which will lead to errors in judgment and false arrests.

Didn't the mutilation only happen to the stepson? I've just recently started following this case, so I haven't read a lot on this yet. Doesn't that look awfully suspicious that only the stepson has his genitalia mutilated, or did the other boys show this as well?

Christopher Byers was the only boy whose body sustained genital injuries. The injury is technically called "degloving" in which the shaft of the penis remains in place while the surrounding tissue is stripped away. Defense experts, employed after the convictions for the appeals, have stated that the injury was caused by postmortem animal predation.

Perretti, the ME who performed the autopsy, stated that it was his opinion that the injury could have been caused by a serrated knife similar to one found in a lake behind Jason's trailer. However, no forensic evidence has been found on the knife found in the lake ("the lake knife") to link the young men in prison to the knife. Since the convictions, a witness (Joseph Samuel Dwyer) has testified at the Rule 37 hearing that he saw Jason's mom, Gail Grinnell, place a serrated knife in the lake well before the murders occurred.

I believe the defense experts, one of whom is the author of a textbook still used in forensic pathology classes today. The ME (who has never been able to pass his State licensing exam, even after multiple attempts) has been contradicted on several points by these recognized defense experts. The experts were not used at the trial because the defense counsels were young, inexperienced and underfunded.

I can see why someone would question why only one boy was "sexually mutilated" in this case. If this were the ritualistic Satanic attack the prosecution claimed, it seems reasonable that all three victims would have been mutilated. If the mutilation had been caused by the murderer, the question would then be, "Why was this victim singled out for this type of injury?" If, however, the animal predation theory is correct, it is much more easily explained.

IMO, for some reason Christopher's body was positioned in such a way that his genitals were dangling in the water. Alligator snapping turtles are known to be in the area, although none were found when the discovery ditch was drained. (That IMO is because police officers were in the ditch searching prior to the ditch being drained and that activity ran the wildlife off.) I have seen one report on the Internet about a man who was similarly injured by alligator snapping turtles while fishing. I think that alligator snapping turtles (or some other predator) caused this injury.

As you are new to the case, let me recommend a couple of websites to you for information. The Court documents are found at http://callahan.8k.com/. Please be sure to read the transcripts of the pretrial hearings as well as the actual trials as the pretrial hearings reveal the amount of evidence excluded by Judge (now Senator) Burnett from the trial. The other website I would recommend is www.wm3blackboard.com. This site is dedicated to finding justice for the three little boys as well as justice for the falsely-imprisoned young men. It is a very active discussion board.

Personally, I have been following this case since 1996, and I will be glad to answer any questions you may have. If I can't personally answer your questions, I can find the answer. I am a supporter of the innocence of the young men in prison.

There are also two documentaries available on this case, both from HBO. They are Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robinhood Hills and Paradise Lost 2: Revelations, both of which are available for viewing on youtube (in multiple parts) or for purchase through Amazon. Additionally, there have been numerous television specials on CNN, ID and other major networks that you can view through their websites. Most of these specials can also be viewed through the blackboard site I mentioned earlier. In addition, Aphrodite Jones is planning a special on the case on May 5, 2011.

Didn't the mutilation only happen to the stepson? I've just recently started following this case, so I haven't read a lot on this yet. Doesn't that look awfully suspicious that only the stepson has his genitalia mutilated, or did the other boys show this as well?

I'm on the side of " They are Guilty", Welcome to the board. :)

Here is the board that I frequent: http://www.downonthefarm.org/wm3hoax/board/index.php?PHPSESSID=93521969738940e3d088222c058090a2&

(Todd Moore posts there and Terry Hobbs's family reads the boards)

I would not put too much stock into the PL 1 & 2; They are biased docs, but they are interesting to watch.

Start at Callahan's and then frequent the other boards.

I always forget to mention that John Mark Byers, Pam Hobbs' sister (and sometimes Pam herself) and Gail Grinell (Jason Baldwin's mother) post at the blackboard site. Welcome, Trooper!

Thank you for all the info! I will definitely check it out! As of right now from what I have seen, i don't think the imprisoned boys did this. However, I do not have all the info, so that could change. Again, thank you for you help!

Thank you for all the info! I will definitely check it out! As of right now from what I have seen, i don't think the imprisoned boys did this. However, I do not have all the info, so that could change. Again, thank you for you help!

I would strongly advise that you read at the forums that have been suggested before you even attempt to register.You should and will notice a very big difference in the way they are run by both sides....and by the individuals that are members.Do not just go in and start asking simplistic questions.READ READ READ.

You will see the difference as I did and will be amazed at how different both sides are.

;)

Sorry if my questions are "simplistic". I have done a great deal of reading here lately on this case. I'm amazed at how this case was handled.

Sorry if my questions are "simplistic". I have done a great deal of reading here lately on this case. I'm amazed at how this case was handled.

No no I didn't mean it that way Trooper.I have registered at one in particular board and had asked a question and was met with a totally rude comment and told to read at Callahan's.Needless to say I left outta there.Very immature people on that board.What is the purpose of a message board if you can't ask a simple question?

Ok, I apologize for my curt response. I've had this type of reply from forums before as well, so I had my defenses up. Sorry and thanks for the information!

I have noticed that the wm3 blackboard isn't like that. The down on the yard site often turns nasty in it's posts and leads to a bunch of name calling. IMO they don't welcome supporters at all, mostly nons.

I agree wholeheartedly with what missy g said above. It have been my experience that most strictly "non" boards tend to be very rude, especially to supporters. The supporter boards are more likely to let a "non" post comments without being banned than the "non" boards are to allow a supporter to express an opinion without banishment or at least very rude comments. However, on the supporter boards, eventually, if the "non" turns nasty, they will be banned. This board is the only one I've found where both sides of the case are discussed in a civil manner.

I agree wholeheartedly with what missy g said above. It have been my experience that most strictly "non" boards tend to be very rude, especially to supporters. The supporter boards are more likely to let a "non" post comments without being banned than the "non" boards are to allow a supporter to express an opinion without banishment or at least very rude comments. However, on the supporter boards, eventually, if the "non" turns nasty, they will be banned. This board is the only one I've found where both sides of the case are discussed in a civil manner.

Ya - for some odd reason, people who cry out for the release of the worst evil on the planet tend to arouse anger in folks. Whodathunk?

Thank God for that.

Ya - for some odd reason, people who cry out for the release of the worst evil on the planet tend to arouse anger in folks. Whodathunk?

Except "the worst evil on the planet" is still walking around free while three innocent young men are falsely imprisoned for his crime. So, I cry out for the release of three innocent young men and the arrest, trial and imprisonment of the real killer of the three little boys.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lbmeadows98
Back