5/15/2012--Sentencing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I could have a place where I could talk about this that is private with whatever members want to discuss this and figure out what I heard I would do that. How can that be done?

I would love to figure out what was said as I do have some theories.

Let me know

crazilady.....you can discuss it with me. I am just an ordinary old gal that has been vastly affected by this case having lived and grown up in the immediate area (I don't know any of Tori's family personally however just to make that clear) and just that this little, beautiful girl has touched my heart for a huge amount of reasons. Yet, I felt that there were some oddities and some holes of some sort throughout and I really wanted to have someone to discuss it with. I am a newbie here and the various rules, regulations, legal stuff....so on.....well, really confuse me although I am very thankful to have found WS and the amazing members! I would very much like to talk with you in a private forum here or if you wish, I would love to give you my personal email addy and we can express ourselves that way. Believe me when I tell you that I have learned and am still learning so much from Victoria's case. I just have this gut feeling....not ready to dismiss as is. Reply to me crazilady and I will def give you my addy. Don't fret yourself silly. You heard something that really resonated and disturbed you and you must focus on your gut instinct. I really strongly get that you are in a state of conflict and need to hash this out. Again, I'm here. Victoria is just far too precious and justice is far too delicate ...all of our innocent children are. A quote has always stuck with me......"there is the story, then the 'other' story then the 'REAL' story" I know that many will say "does it line up with the evidence" but after reading the astrology thread on this, which was astoundingly accurate and would not be taken seriously by professionals really.....not looking to argue with anyone here. I have tossed and turned at night for several nights now. I won't say goodbye to Tori if there is something amiss. Just MY OWN OPINION.

The gravestone can be seen in the images in the attached link 6/41. A date may have been omitted so as to not memorialize the day of the murder:

slide_211564_950395_free1.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/0...-tori-stafford-rodney_n_1520179.html#s=950395

As for the date of death....when choosing a headstone for a loved one, you need the birth certificate as well as a death certificate for the dates to be engraved on the stone. Seeing that we do not know for certain when VS died, all we know is that she probably passed on or about April 8th. I would assume that her death certificate would say something along that line as well. So in my eyes, this would explain why the death date was just left out. JMO

The gravestone can be seen in the images in the attached link 6/41. A date may have been omitted so as to not memorialize the day of the murder:

slide_211564_950395_free1.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/0...-tori-stafford-rodney_n_1520179.html#s=950395

I agree, Otto, who could blame them for not wanting to see that date ever again?

Thank-you for posting such a vivid picture of her stone again. It is so beautiful. I love how they imposed her own signature on there, and the picture is stunning.

I agree, Otto, who could blame them for not wanting to see that date ever again?

Thank-you for posting such a vivid picture of her stone again. It is so beautiful. I love how they imposed her own signature on there, and the picture is stunning.

Totally agree. IT was a beautiful headstone. It really was very captivating. I am sure that I wouldnt want it on there either under the circumstances.

Okay, I have been thinking about this and hope that my words below this make some sense.

I am more than thrilled that the perps have been caught and incarcerated in Tori's case. That is fantastic! I cannot fathom for one tiny second what her loved ones have gone through and continue to go through. I do, however, connect with Rodney on a level that he is putting out to the public of awareness and knowledge and I know that all that he will continue to step forward and do regarding Victoria's case.....not sure but knowledge on reporting missing children, amber alerts, school surveillance, parental and guardian knowledge, further teaching our precious children 'stranger danger' beyond what it is now....and so forth. My 2 children are in their 20's now. I don't have familiarity with what the public schools are teaching and what all of the protocols are within our public school systems at this time. But I DO know one thing --- I will support Rodney with whatever he proposes as, as very heartbreaking and sad as it is, he has the knowledge and wherewithall to suggest, promote and engage our communities on this very critical topic!!

That being said, another uncomfortable and yucky topic really needs to be shed light upon with Victoria's case. It was mentioned in previous posts. How does a potential sexual deviant, pedophile, murderous, disturbed person approach a health professional in a concrete, safe and trustworthy manner? Michael Rafferty and Terri McClintic are deeply sick and disturbed individuals BUT they cannot be the only ones out there. IMO. How do we, as a society and a community, make it possible for these persons to feel that they can express themselves and find some help within the medical community before terrible harm is done? I do not condone the behaviour but at a very grassroots level, we need to honour Victoria Stafford and further try to keep these ill individuals from following through on their mindsets. Its certainly a HUGE task and not solved overnight but what steps can we take that are proactive in this manner? It's really tough from what I understand about MR and his going under the radar but then learning that several females found him to be 'rough and disturbed'....my quotes on that. How can these very critical witnesses feel comfortable alerting authorities about certain behaviours and be taken seriously? We have to start somewhere. One trial is one trial. But that seems isolated to me and the greater questions and knowledge are lost if the media just closes the book now. In my eyes, the story has only just begun. Tori has opened a huge area that we all should pay attention to and delve into. Yeah, it's kinda of murky, very ugly and could be considered discouraging but we have to do it. WE MUST for TORI. I am. What do you think?

We can't post personal contact info on the board, but if birdie goes over to the games forums, they can increase their number of posts in no time to get up to the required number (iirc, one needs 50 posts to be able to PM). Not a bad idea to engage in some light-hearted silliness at this point, huh? ;)

Games forum is at:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

HTH

okay, sillybilly....appreciate your response <modsnip> I would love nothing more than to say a full hearted goodbye to Victoria but if something is amiss than it needs to be said, not only for Victoria or even pertaining to her but for any/all innocent victims out there. If I or any of US can learn anything from this whole, disturbingly and incredible situation it is that we should never give up on unveiling or overturning any stone for future victims. If there is anything that we can delve into or learn or glean some info, we should take it and use it or toss it. I am very adamant about that. JMO of course.

okay, sillybilly....appreciate your response but if I understand it correctly you are making fun of me.

No no no! Playing the games is just a way that people increase their post count so that they can make it to 50 posts quickly in order to enable the private message system, here at WS. :)

I think you've asked some good questions, Littlebirdie. I would have assumed that there are lots of resources for people with psychological problems and that the problem is that they don't seek help -- could they not talk to a doctor? a psychiatrist? a religious leader? But perhaps you're right and that the stigma prevents people from seeking help, I don't know.

I am reading The Sociopath Next Door. I got an aha moment when I read a page that said that sociopaths "buttery" people up or charm them to use them for their pawns. They used the word pawn--like MTR used TLM as his "violent pawn". MTR is still trying to manipulate and charm when he tried to get Tara to talk to him. These people are the scum of the earth.

Enough is enough even for a Defence attorney. I guess Derstine will not be a "pawn" of Rafferty. He got a fair trial, he was found guilty so enough is enough. MOO.:moo::jail:

That's one thing for sure, Derstine made sure he got a fair trial. I can just imagine that Rafferty was a very needy client and I bet it wasn't easy being his lawyer, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "pawn".

Derstine says he will not be his primary appeal lawyer. Does he still mean to have some kind of hand in it though?

It makes perfect sense that Tori's family doesn't want that horrible day staring them in the face every time they visit their little girl. I don't see it as being anything more than that. I think they know the exact day their baby was taken.

Here is a more unobstructed view.

37334263_133210092328.jpg

I agree, I've always felt and told my daughters they were gifts and thats the way I interpret the stone..all about the gift they received in Tori's life. I wouldn't want to add the horrible date she left if it were me (I wouldn't give TLM & MR any space on her headstone) Just remember the gift kwim, hope that makes sense.

mystic

okay, sillybilly....appreciate your response <Modsnip>That's perfectly okay with me but I don't take any of this case from point zero to crazilady's concerns lightly, myself. I would love nothing more than to say a full hearted goodbye to Victoria but if something is amiss than it needs to be said, not only for Victoria or even pertaining to her but for any/all innocent victims out there. If I or any of US can learn anything from this whole, disturbingly and incredible situation it is that we should never give up on unveiling or overturning any stone for future victims. If there is anything that we can delve into or learn or glean some info, we should take it and use it or toss it. I am very adamant about that. JMO of course.

Actually, it seems like good advice. I'm guessing that members need 50 or 100 posts before they can exchange private messages. The game forums can jump up your posts with games ilke ... add one word to last post (games like that). You could bump up your posts to 50 or 100 in no time and then you'd be able to receive and send private messages.

Derstine says he will not be his primary appeal laywer. Does he still mean to have some kind of hand in it though?

Hand over the case files ... maybe file the initial notice to appeal ... sign-off the case through legal aid ... send the bill ... not much more than that, I expect.

littlebirdie I think you have misunderstood sillybilly's post, she just has a lighthearted way of posting and wasn't being rude at all. The games area is where you can go to quickly get the 50 posts you need to be able to send private messages to other members. I did it when I first joined, you can get 50 posts very quickly there.:seeya:

Okay, I think I am figuring this out now. I can go to a games section?? and gain some points of some sort. Please forgive me if I am totally stupid on how this works. Would someone please give me the instructions on how to do this all properly?

My apologies to sillybilly and anyone else who have tried to explain this concept to me. I am really daft on this. But there is a glimmer of hope for me, really there is. :) thinking positive here.....

Actually, it seems like good advice. I'm guessing that members need 50 or 100 posts before they can exchange private messages. The game forums can jump up your posts with games ilke ... add one word to last post (games like that). You could bump up your posts to 50 or 100 in no time and then you'd be able to receive and send private messages.

Thanks otto. Ever the cool voice of reason you are. I am really a terrible newbie here and sadly learning the ropes.

Drop the discussion of the rumor that cannot be named, now, please. It cannot be discussed here. That means it cannot be referred to or discussed here. So please, stop now.

If you need mod assistance, please hit the little red triangle and let us know.

Thanks,

Salem

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member