50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped...
Ok, i read the forum, i see someone posted the thing i made and people are making comments as to why i didnt put the fbi number on it, or why i say i couldnt find anyone who knows where he is.
Hi, heidi - welcome to WS!! :D I may be the person you're referring to in this portion of your post. I wasn't saying you should've put the FBI number on your banner, I wondered why you weren't able to contact anyone when I had included the number on my banner - at the time, I wasn't aware that you DID try to contact that number. Sorry I misunderstood. Again, welcome to WS!

Also according to the Charley Project, he went missing on Feb. 20, 1998. Do you know for sure that the TX site is correct?

We have to make sure we have all the correct info.

ETA: Doe Network link http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1649dmtx.html
Doe Network has missing date as 9-1-96.
:doh: Sorry I had the wrong date for Darrell Austrew then - I used the one from the Charley Project on the photo thread and apparently it's wrong. It's frustrating to have to go from site to site to find the information you need when you're trying to create graphics. I rushed and made a boo-boo. Sorry everyone.

:doh: Sorry I had the wrong date for Darrell Austrew then - I used the one from the Charley Project on the photo thread and apparently it's wrong. It's frustrating to have to go from site to site to find the information you need when you're trying to create graphics. I rushed and made a boo-boo. Sorry everyone.

It may have been my fault for posting the Charley Project info initially. I wonder where that date came from. Also the two photos of Darrell look quite different from each other. Some of us are wondering if they're both pics of the same person. Heidi says she talked to a family member who says they are both of Darrell. What do you think SieSie?

Hi Gina,

I think the date on the Charley Project page for Darrell is the date a police report was actually filed on him. He actually went missing in 1996 but no report was filed until 1998 for some odd reason.

It may have been my fault for posting the Charley Project info initially. I wonder where that date came from. Also the two photos of Darrell look quite different from each other. Some of us are wondering if they're both pics of the same person. Heidi says she talked to a family member who says they are both of Darrell. What do you think SieSie?

Hi siesie, i did not see your banner with the number on it, the only one i tried calling was the fbi but when they didnt know where he was i had a hard time finding someone who did, i had called the jc lewis center as well. I myself feel like he may be darrell austrew but you never know. If it is not, i will continue to not only work on helping Benjamin Kyle but I will continue to help find out what happened to Darrell Austrew. Keeping both in my prayers

Hi Gina,

I think the date on the Charley Project page for Darrell is the date a police report was actually filed on him. He actually went missing in 1996 but no report was filed until 1998 for some odd reason.

That makes sense as to why the dates are different. Good catch, RKnowley:).

Lion

Hi siesie, i did not see your banner with the number on it, the only one i tried calling was the fbi but when they didnt know where he was i had a hard time finding someone who did, i had called the jc lewis center as well. I myself feel like he may be darrell austrew but you never know. If it is not, i will continue to not only work on helping Benjamin Kyle but I will continue to help find out what happened to Darrell Austrew. Keeping both in my prayers

Hi Heidi,

I'm curious, how did you first find out about BK? Since you are on MySpace a lot I assumed you had seen one of the banners. Though I know a couple people have also posted about him in their blogs. Did you first start looking into BK, or into Darrell's case? Just wondering what got you started :)

We're glad to have you on board :D

RKnowley - that makes sense, I was thinking it might be something like that. Darrell may have been out of touch with his family for a while before they realized he was "missing".

LOL i have been trying to remember where i heard about his case I think i saw a bulletin, honestly, I have been working on so many im starting to forget where I heard about them all. There is one that i got new info on recently on a case i have been working on since 2004 but thats more of a personal case but it has been very hmm, i guess i could put using alot of room in my head LOL. Also working on a few other unidentified people and a few missing people. I think since you are on my friends list i saw it on there but all i did was get the fbi number, i only checked the blogs and didnt look at all the banners on the front of your page til a couple days ago. i thought the fbi number was the only one on the doe network.

Ok, thought I would let everyone know that Benjamin Kyle IS NOT Darrell Austrew. Humble PD emailed me and said she talked with Darrell's daughter and found out that he had a tattoo on one of his upper arms. Said it wasn't visible in any pictures that Darrell's niece provided. I wish that they would have had this information before, then i wouldnt have spent day and night working on this. hopefully missing persons family will come forward and give those very important details when the person first goes missing. They are still awaiting the dna results to be sure, but its likely not him. Which may be a good thing for Mr. Kyle. Just thought i would let you all know but hopefully entering his dna in the codis will come up w/ a match. Thank you everyone whose been helping with this and finding out more about Darrell Austrew.

Oh Gina, I don't think it's any of our "faults" that the date was entered wrong - it's so confusing with all of the different websites (NCMA, NCMEC, DoeNetwork, CharleyProject, etc...) to know which one to grab the info from. I don't mind making the banner graphics (I actually enjoy it), but I don't like having to search for the info that I need on the banner. I'm not much of a research person, I leave that up to the real sleuthers. ;)

I have no idea if the pics are of the same guy - when I first made the graphic, I didn't even think twice about how different the two people looked, I just assumed one was a younger picture (with moustache and fuller, longer hair) and the other one was maybe when he was a tad older. I didn't think much about it until everyone started commenting that they look completely different.

I didn't hear that Heidi talked to family and says it's both Darrell.

Thanks RKnowley - that makes sense!! :D

Hi heidi, thanks for the reply. I'm glad there were no hard feelings about the misunderstanding on the banner and phone numbers. :blowkiss: Glad to have you on board here at WS and your continued efforts are appreciated by many!! :blowkiss:

Ok, thought I would let everyone know that Benjamin Kyle IS NOT Darrell Austrew. Humble PD emailed me and said she talked with Darrell's daughter and found out that he had a tattoo on one of his upper arms.
Well, at least we've ruled out one possibility - great work, heidi!!! Thanks for the update.

Heidi, thank you for all of the research efforts you put into this. This is usually how it goes--work hard to obtain factual details, rule people out, and just do lots of research. I hope that Darrell's family does find what happened to Darrell. And, for us it is time to continue our efforts to help Benjaman.

Lion

lol yes lots of research. but texas did send a dna kit to georiga so when benjamin gets his dna put in im hoping they'll find a match to someone. it should probably take at least a couple weeks.

lol yes lots of research. but texas did send a dna kit to georiga so when benjamin gets his dna put in im hoping they'll find a match to someone. it should probably take at least a couple weeks.

Good stuff, heidi!!

Just now getting back on BK's thread after a short absence (dang that pesky flu!). Anyhoo, wish I would have logged on over the weekend as I don't live far from Humble at all and I totally remember when Darrell Austrew went missing and the whole Deerbrook Mall robbery thing. I used to shop there and that totally freaked me out. I think I may even still have some Houston Chronicle articles on the case. Weird case, lots of theories floating around at the time if I remember correctly. Anyway, sorry to hear that Darrell's family along with BK still has no resolution to their seperate cases.

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for all your hard work regarding Benjaman Kyle and Darrell Austrew. Did you find out what type of tattoo Darrell had? If so, it might be worth contacting places like doenetwork.org and the TXMPCH, etc. to let them know that Darrell had a tattoo and what type of tattoo it was and where it was and see if they will add that information to their site so that it will be easier to identify Darrell if/when he is found.

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for all your hard work regarding Benjaman Kyle and Darrell Austrew. Did you find out what type of tattoo Darrell had? If so, it might be worth contacting places like doenetwork.org and the TXMPCH, etc. to let them know that Darrell had a tattoo and what type of tattoo it was and where it was and see if they will add that information to their site so that it will be easier to indentify Darrell if/when he is found.

I agree! I wish they'd had this info to begin with. It would have been so easy to rule out right off the bat.

Thanks Heidi for letting us know about this, and for all your hard work. I hope you'll stick around...you're a great asset to WS :D

I do know, but i need to ask the humble pd if i can let others know before i put it out, but im sure they will probably put it in his missing persons thing, however i will need to ask. thank you all for all your support. yes i will stick around =o) once i get started on something i cant stop til its solved otherwise i'll go crazy lol.

how do i find that thread that has the list of possibles that people already put together?

Big Mac, interesting. Wasn't Mark McGuire also known as the big mac? Did Mr Kyle specifically mention basketball? or sports in general.

There's no direct quote from BK in the article about this. The author writes, "there is additional evidence linking Benjaman to Denver. During a visit with a hypnotherapist, Kyle recalled the name of a Denver restaurant, Mama Leone's, and the Big Mac, the local name for McNichols Sports Arena, home of the Denver Nuggets."

I just looked it up, and you're right - Mark McGwire's nickname is Big Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches