50/60 year old Amnesia Victim Savannah, GA Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
mjak, Mr. Kyle is 5'11" ... 6 inches taller.

This is so darned sad, I sure wish that Benjaman Kyle could be identified ... soon!

Classmates - great idea. I think Christine has a membership there. Glad everyone liked the Wikipedia idea too.

Anyone know where this came from? Someone sent me a message about it on MySpace, saying they saw it in a bulletin over there:
BenjaminKyleDA.jpg

I do see a resemblance, mjak, but Mr. Kyle has blue eyes and is significantly taller than 5' 5".

Lion

Yeah, I noticed those differences but The eye color for Mr. Kyle has never been made clear to me and I have seen so many discrepinces in missing persons discriptions I decided it was worth consideration anyway.

mjak

Yeah, I noticed those differences but The eye color for Mr. Kyle has never been made clear to me and I have seen so many discrepinces in missing persons discriptions I decided it was worth consideration anyway.

mjak

That is the first time I have seen his nose be so spot on-I wonder if the guys is really 5'5"?

Classmates - great idea. I think Christine has a membership there. Glad everyone liked the Wikipedia idea too.

Anyone know where this came from? Someone sent me a message about it on MySpace, saying they saw it in a bulletin over there:
BenjaminKyleDA.jpg

Wow-something is happening at least with people trying to find out who he is...the more the merrier!!!

I think it very odd that Mr. Kyle's picture was in the NE and no one has come forward to at least say I think he may be so and so. Makes me wonder if Mr. Kyle's looks have changed a lot since he went missing. :twocents:

More info about the guy on the MySpace banner I mentioned above:

Darrell Wayne Austrew
Missing Since: February 20, 1998 from Humble, Texas
Date of Birth: May 10, 1955
Height and Weight: 6'1 - 6'2, 130 - 180 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/austrew_darrell.html

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/MPCH/mpdetails.asp?id='M8/19/20033:03:01PM'

The Charley Project has a good summary, and here is some additional info I received in an email:

"yeah, the name darrell austrew, william austrew, texas (i have already reported it to texas as well for them to check into it) um, the darrell austrew, a family member said that the one they knew use to work in indiana (which would fit with his indiana theory) the only relatives of this missing man are either dead or they said that they dont talk to that side of the family anymore, his brother william is homeless so if it is benjamin kyle its likely that no one would have claimed him because they wouldnt know or have had a chance to hear about benjamin kyle. i think the only one who would know would be the homeless brother, i talked to the pd down there they said he gets arrested everytime he comes through for criminal trespassing. but if some of this jogs his memory he may remember who he is."

"THis picture was taken sometime before 1996, now hopefully if it is benjamin kyle im hoping he wont have some sort of panic attack, the case w/ darrell is that in 1993 his cousin was murdered, he believed he knew who killed her, shortly after talking w/ police he disappeared. he may have been hiding from the people who killed his cousin maybe by going homeless like his brother, his van was used in a robbery the people who had it said they found it abandoned. so he could have been hiding out for awhile, the people may have found him later beat him to leave him for dead and not realizing he was still alive. i had quite a few people including authorities say it very well could be him. some people said if its not him then its his twin. so darrell went missing from humble texas, oh and he is divorced from a delores and has a child. the brother william austrew the 2nd is now 50, the city they always find him trespassing and he gets arrested is, humble texas."

I recently started learning how to create and edit articles in Wikipedia. I created an entry for BK:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjaman_Kyle

I'm a total Wikipedia newbie though - so I just did the basics to get his info on there. If anyone else is more experienced with this, feel free to make changes to it :)
Thanks, Gina - great job!! I don't know how to edit wikipedia, do you know if you can include a picture of him? Also, maybe there should be some contact information such as his email or P.O. Box that was published in the NE.

Has Nurse Betty or Lion written an article for Reader's Digest yet?

BenjaminKyleDA.jpg
Interesting... I made one of the banners that got spread around MySpace and I included contact information for FBI.
BK_DoYouKnowMe01.jpg

I wonder why this person says they can't find anyone who can contact Benjaman. Do we know if the contact number for Bill Kirkconnell is still an active one? At the time I made the banner I didn't have an email address or P.O. Box for Benjaman and I wouldn't feel comfortable posting that information without his direct approval, anyway.

What if people on MySpace are interested but aren't getting replies from DoeNetwork or Bill Kirkconnell??

More info about the guy on the MySpace banner I mentioned above:

Darrell Wayne Austrew
Missing Since: February 20, 1998 from Humble, Texas
Date of Birth: May 10, 1955
Height and Weight: 6'1 - 6'2, 130 - 180 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/austrew_darrell.html
Off to your links to do some more reading, this is very interesting. Great job, Gina!!

Is there a chance that someone could do a side by side of Darrell Austrew and BK; I don't think the nose and eyes are right, but that is just in my opinion. I have often wondered if something traumatic other than head injury sent Mr. Kyle on this path, and the background story of the missing man is intriguing.

I sent the MySpace tipster a link to our thread here at WS; she's going to come over and check it out. She's also interested in communicating by phone which she prefers over email. Says she has some additional info. Christine, I'm going to pm you her phone # since you seem to be the designated phone contact person (hope this is okay with you!) :)

I sent the MySpace tipster a link to our thread here at WS; she's going to come over and check it out. She's also interested in communicating by phone which she prefers over email. Says she has some additional info. Christine, I'm going to pm you her phone # since you seem to be the designated phone contact person (hope this is okay with you!) :)

Check yer PM!

i think on benjamin kyle, for some reason the people that he want to high school w/ have their heads in the sand, or he has changes alot. And on his previous life, never married or wife doesnt want him found and parents dead. kids? dunno. maybe not looking because of too busy life or lies from wife.

Thanks, Gina - great job!! I don't know how to edit wikipedia, do you know if you can include a picture of him? Also, maybe there should be some contact information such as his email or P.O. Box that was published in the NE.

Has Nurse Betty or Lion written an article for Reader's Digest yet?

Interesting... I made one of the banners that got spread around MySpace and I included contact information for FBI.
BK_DoYouKnowMe01.jpg

I wonder why this person says they can't find anyone who can contact Benjaman. Do we know if the contact number for Bill Kirkconnell is still an active one? At the time I made the banner I didn't have an email address or P.O. Box for Benjaman and I wouldn't feel comfortable posting that information without his direct approval, anyway.

What if people on MySpace are interested but aren't getting replies from DoeNetwork or Bill Kirkconnell??

Off to your links to do some more reading, this is very interesting. Great job, Gina!!

Hi SieSie:). I haven't written the article yet, because I wanted to give nurse Betty the opportunity to write it if she prefers to. I haven't heard back on what her wishes are, so I am patiently waiting and ready to begin once I have the okay.

Lion

Is there a chance that someone could do a side by side of Darrell Austrew and BK; I don't think the nose and eyes are right, but that is just in my opinion. I have often wondered if something traumatic other than head injury sent Mr. Kyle on this path, and the background story of the missing man is intriguing.
I just made one using RKnowley's template, will go and post it on the photo thread now.

Hi SieSie:). I haven't written the article yet, because I wanted to give nurse Betty the opportunity to write it if she prefers to. I haven't heard back on what her wishes are, so I am patiently waiting and ready to begin once I have the okay.

Lion
Thanks Lion, I figured that's why we hadn't heard any more about it.

I didn't check the threads for awhile (had to take a break) and came back to so many new leads - everyone's done such a great job with the research on the missing people!! Kudos to all of you for your hard work, dedication and loving kindness that you show for strangers. :blowkiss:

Chris - can you verify the next time you talk with Nurse Betty if she is going to write an article for Readers Digest? Let her know that we have someone ready and willing to write it if she doesn't think she will have enough time to write one. Thanks! :blowkiss:

I am not comfortable with any of this. I don;t feel people are forthcoming. I could change my mind tomorrow but for now that is where I stand.

This is from the MySpace tipster - she's in the process of registering and is unable to post yet:

" Ok, i read the forum, i see someone posted the thing i made and people are making comments as to why i didnt put the fbi number on it, or why i say i couldnt find anyone who knows where he is. Its not letting me post a reply, could you put in there that the reason i made it was to get others opinions on it about if he looked like him BEFORE i plastered it everywhere. reason i didnt know where to find him is because the fbi said last they knew he was in a homeless shelter, the police station there in georgia, didnt even know who i was talking about when i said benjamin kyle,she had to go ask other if they knew about it. i wasnt getting returned phone calls and i didnt know he was in the national enquirer. i talked to benjamin and was surprised he said that he only got like 5 letters and 20 emails. i will be doing more research to find out more about the austrew family and see if his ex wife may have more pictures of darrell. i will keep you updated and until it lets me post on the forum can you post these for me? thanks so much
heidi
you can give them my url if they want to contact me through myspace:
MySpace Link
"

(i had asked gina to send this but now i can post so i copied and pasted it)

Ok, i read the forum, i see someone posted the thing i made and people are making comments as to why i didnt put the fbi number on it, or why i say i couldnt find anyone who knows where he is. Its not letting me post a reply, could you put in there that the reason i made it was to get others opinions on it about if he looked like him BEFORE i plastered it everywhere. reason i didnt know where to find him is because the fbi said last they knew he was in a homeless shelter, the police station there in georgia, didnt even know who i was talking about when i said benjamin kyle,she had to go ask other if they knew about it. i wasnt getting returned phone calls and i didnt know he was in the national enquirer. i talked to benjamin and was surprised he said that he only got like 5 letters and 20 emails. i will be doing more research to find out more about the austrew family and see if his ex wife may have more pictures of darrell. i will keep you updated and until it lets me post on the forum can you post these for me? thanks so much
heidi
you can give them my url if they want to contact me through myspace
www.myspace.com/istandagainstviolence

( i got benjamins contact info after i had sent the banner out)

Welcome heidi:). And, thank you for joining ws and helping to find Benjaman's identity.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member