7.2 Earthquake SoCal Area

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chi town- a very windy day. 73 and too much wind....

Someone is going to slap me for this, but I have to ask. how does an earthquake compare to really bad turbulance on an airplane? I remember feeling an appx 3 foot drop on a plane. Everyone was freaking out... and I hate to say, I loved it.. the turbulance was awesome. When I left the plane and told the crew, they looked at me like I had lost my mind. OF course the second half the flight from PHX to CHGO was all turbulance.

It depends on the quake. Some of them feel like everything is rolling and the world feels like slow moving jelly. Other times it is like you are being jerked around.

During the San Fran earthquake in the 80s, I was in Fresno in an office building with huge windows. It was like the windows were bending without breaking and the floor was a wave. Very eerie! As long as they aren't strong enough to damage anything, I think they are kewl!

Cubby, let me add that turbulence on a plane doesn't describe it for me. Turbulence makes me really sick and earthquakes don't make me feel sick at all.

Sloshed out of my pool as well. First time I've seen that.

JBean, don't you know WSers from the Northern states are just crying their eyes out, wailing, "Poor JBean and Nova lost water from their swimming pools! How will they go on?!"

;)

I just saw a pool on Cnn, they had their own little tsunami going on.

It's scary too when the tectonic plates slide and suddenly there is a loud bang/explosion sound and windows bulge. Those make me jump!

Below are links to several stories and picture galleries from Mexico and San Diego. One pic shows windows shattered above glass doors in an office building. Can you imagine trying to go through those doors and sheets of glass rained down on you? Try to stay inside whenever possible.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/

Just spoke to my dad. He says there wasnt much news coverage in Mexico either, up until about half hour ago. He said they were showing pictures of the damage to buildings and the roads in mexicali. My dad said they hadnt reported any dead, but about 100 injured so far in mexicali.
He said they were outside of their hotel and the rolling of the quake was very bad! again, im so glad they are ok and coming home tomorrow.
For all the others in the area, my prayers go out to you.

It's scary too when the tectonic plates slide and suddenly there is a loud bang/explosion sound and windows bulge. Those make me jump!

I have no idea what that is like? I don't think I could take it. Dealing with hurricanes and tornadoes is plenty for me.

Just spoke to my dad. He says there wasnt much news coverage in Mexico either, up until about half hour ago. He said they were showing pictures of the damage to buildings and the roads in mexicali. My dad said they hadnt reported any dead, but about 100 injured so far in mexicali.
He said they were outside of their hotel and the rolling of the quake was very bad! again, im so glad they are ok and coming home tomorrow.
For all the others in the area, my prayers go out to you.

Glad your dads o.k. Cnn reported 2 people dead. One ran out in front of a car and was killed. I heard 100 injured also.

Yes, i read that also on Cnn. I mentioned it to him, but he said there had not been reports of any dead yet.
I sure do hope all these quakes are over for now.

I hope nobody died especially on Easter. Do they acknowledge Easter in Mexico?

Honestly, i have not been to Mexico since i was about 8, and im 23 now. I know my family here goes to easter mass and usually get together for a lunch or dinner after. So i do believe it is celebrated. I just dont think it is celebrated like it is here, with egg hunts and the easter bunny. But i cant say 100% because we have never lived in Mexico, and i am not very religious. I do hope everyone is safe.

I sure wish there was more info on the cable news networks tonight. :mad: How can they feel a quake in San Diego and Santa Rosa and not Santa Barbara??? That doesn't make sense if it was one long fault line going up the state. :waitasec:

:praying: My prayers are going up for your dad!!!

Hey, I was trying to find good info on the cable networks, came here (thanks Jbean) and you guys have SO MUCH MORE INFO I almost feel embarrassed for the networks. Almost.

Thank you all for checking in. Keep the reports coming.

Tricia

I felt it. Hubby and I were in Laguna Beach when it hit. People in the restaurants were running to the sidewalks. I didn't feel it much because I was walking, but I did feel it. It kind of knocked me off balance. :crazy:

I hope nobody died especially on Easter. Do they acknowledge Easter in Mexico?

Mexico is mostly Catholic if I am not mistaken so yes, Easter would be a big holiday there.

Please everyone be safe and keep updating us. You are better than anything CNN has to offer.

Here's the link for the Scanner Thread regarding the earthquakes and any subsequent tremors that may be reported: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This is in the member's only forum. There are links available to the scanners there and everyone is welcome to post what they hear on the scanners.

i dont know how to link things, but i was looking on www.ireport.com and they have footage of the earthqauke from rosarito.
alos, alot of footage from california and arizona. There are also pictures of mexicali, calexico, and other affected areas in mexico.

OK so my kids drove home to the other side of Dana Point after Easter dinner at my house and they have no power at all. They had to send my other son over with candles and lanterns. No power in a lot of areas, I hear San Clemente all the way to Escondido.

Going by the i-reports, El Centro seems to have gotten some damage.

Im still looking at pictures and video from that site. Is there any images from Mexico on the news? Hubby gets the tv sunday nights, so i cant see what is being broadcast. I have checked CNN a few times and have not seen pictures from Mexico.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic
Back