8.05.10 -Sources: 2 friends gave Terri Horman cell phones

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the fake name, could have been more out of fear since TH is getting death threats. I have an unlisted phone number and the lady at the phone company said I could have it under any name I wanted, even "Diana Ross!" Of course I did not choose Diana Ross b/c crank callers would somehow find a listing somewhere on the internet and start calling. (I had a stalker, moved, and changed my phone number, still trying to get all off the internet, but not listed in the phone book and not in my name.)

Also, the second phone is usually cheap, somewhere between $10-$30 extra a month with the initial phone plan. So TH could give the friend the monthly extra fee and have a phone.

Privacy? Well, I think the texts may have been in mind, but you see that flew out the window. If LE wants to hear everything TH is saying, they can and will, without having to know her phone number.

The reason she gave was that they needed AT&T service because their Verizon phones didn't have service at Terri's house. The throw away phones would be the cheapest and fastest way to get service if you only need it for a short time. So to me the "untraceable cell phone" could possibly be innocent. It is when they add in the fake names that sets off the hinky meter.

bbm.. the interesting part to me is this (snipped from the KATU article):

But what remaines unclear is why two additional prepaid phones were purchased at another store in downtown Portland the next day under the same fake name used at the Lloyd Center. The friend said she knows those phones were paid for in cash but she did not make the purchase.

This reeks of "The Wire" on HBO. These characters operated multiple phones and phone numbers under false names or they used disposable phones for their various types of illegal activities (mostly drugs). They kept extra phones available so that after they participated in an illegal activity they could dispose of the "dirty" phone and immediate start using a new phone and a new number.

IMO, there is a sinister reason that Terri didn't want her face or name associated with purchasing her own phone. Terri's phone-buying friends should be very worried.

IMO, there is a sinister reason that Terri didn't want her face or name associated with purchasing her own phone. Terri's phone-buying friends should be very worried.

Well, considering the fact that 100's of total strangers on this very board are talking about every intimate detail about Terri's life, perhaps she was just trying to protect what little privacy she has left. If I describe to my very bestest friend how bad my PMS is, or to my rabbi that I am having a spiritual crisis, or to my doctor that I have a bump on my (insert body part here), I probably don't want anyone else to know it. Is that so sinister?

And those of us who don't want Toys R Us to have our phone number...why shouldn't others have some way to protect their privacy as well? (When Toys R Us asks for my phone number, I give them 202-456-1212 (the White House). Unless it's a cute guy, then I say, why, are you planning to call me.

If these ladies, in their endeavor to spend time at Terri's helping her in any way they can, seems reasonable to get phones they can use to keep contact with their families. However, even with my enforced procedure of never giving someone information about who I am, I can't quite figure out why they worked together to be so surreptitious about it. Does it mean they had something to do with Kyron's disappearance and wanted to be able to discuss the details without worry? Nah, I don't think so. I'm with BeanE, and can't imagine the horror I'd feel having to sit in front of a GJ and explain this.

But I do find it interesting that now two people who are associated with Kaine seem to be in the middle of the information highway to Terri.

Did the ladies buy the phones before or after the sexting?

bbm.. the interesting part to me is this (snipped from the KATU article):

But what remaines unclear is why two additional prepaid phones were purchased at another store in downtown Portland the next day under the same fake name used at the Lloyd Center. The friend said she knows those phones were paid for in cash but she did not make the purchase.

not to quote own self LOL.. but does this put the phone total at four?????

If these ladies, in their endeavor to spend time at Terri's helping her in any way they can, seems reasonable to get phones they can use to keep contact with their families. However, even with my enforced procedure of never giving someone information about who I am, I can't quite figure out why they worked together to be so surreptitious about it. Does it mean they had something to do with Kyron's disappearance and wanted to be able to discuss the details without worry? Nah, I don't think so. I'm with BeanE, and can't imagine the horror I'd feel having to sit in front of a GJ and explain this.

But I do find it interesting that now two people who are associated with Kaine seem to be in the middle of the information highway to Terri.

BBM 1. Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, Judy Bolton- think it probably just gave them a frisson of excitement to give fake names!
BBM 2. Likewise. The big exec from Intel- what does she know to make her get involved with Terri rather than Kaine? Curiouser and curiouser.

BBM 1. Nancy Drew, Trixie Belden, Judy Bolton- think it probably just gave them a frisson of excitement to give fake names!
BBM 2. Likewise. The big exec from Intel- what does she know to make her get involved with Terri rather than Kaine? Curiouser and curiouser.

It's not as if the "big exec from Intel" wasn't already friends with Terri before this all started. So I don't think her participation had anything to do with Kaine -- that's really a stretch, IMO.

It's not as if the "big exec from Intel" wasn't already friends with Terri before this all started. So I don't think her participation had anything to do with Kaine -- that's really a stretch, IMO.

Hey, this case is all about stretches! Certainly when all the news about MFH, RO, divorce came out, wouldn't you think an exec would have held back from putting herself firmly in the camp of her fellow employee's wife? If she was smart enough to get the big education and the big job, wouldn't she have been smart enough to distance herself from this situation? Unless she knows something we don't know (duh, of course she does), I can't imagine why she jumped into the Terri camp in such a fashion.
Of course, she may only know things that Terri told her, rather than learning anything independently. IMO, very odd for her to be in the phone club.

Hey, this case is all about stretches! Certainly when all the news about MFH, RO, divorce came out, wouldn't you think an exec would have held back from putting herself firmly in the camp of her fellow employee's wife? If she was smart enough to get the big education and the big job, wouldn't she have been smart enough to distance herself from this situation? Unless she knows something we don't know (duh, of course she does), I can't imagine why she jumped into the Terri camp in such a fashion.
Of course, she may only know things that Terri told her, rather than learning anything independently. IMO, very odd for her to be in the phone club.

Or she could have been friends with Terri from the gym or her other activities. Considering that there are 15,000 employees primarily at Intel's Hillsboro facility, it's very likely that Kaine never crossed paths with her at work and only met her through Terri.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Corporation[/ame]

Or she could have been friends with Terri from the gym or her other activities. Considering that there are 15,000 employees primarily at Intel's Hillsboro facility, it's very likely that Kaine never crossed paths with her at work and only met her through Terri.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Corporation

Of course. But it's still strange for an executive to do this.

On the fake name, could have been more out of fear since TH is getting death threats. I have an unlisted phone number and the lady at the phone company said I could have it under any name I wanted, even "Diana Ross!" Of course I did not choose Diana Ross b/c crank callers would somehow find a listing somewhere on the internet and start calling. (I had a stalker, moved, and changed my phone number, still trying to get all off the internet, but not listed in the phone book and not in my name.)

Also, the second phone is usually cheap, somewhere between $10-$30 extra a month with the initial phone plan. So TH could give the friend the monthly extra fee and have a phone.

Privacy? Well, I think the texts may have been in mind, but you see that flew out the window. If LE wants to hear everything TH is saying, they can and will, without having to know her phone number.

I don't think it's easy to get someone's cell phone number if y9u don't have it.

However, if she is getting death threats, it would be good to know who intends to do that as everyone in the world knows where Terri lives.

I don't think the fake names were for that purpose.

I am not saying anything particular about anyone in this case.

However, consider the Peter Principle-people are promoted beyond their capabilities.

Just because someone has a high level job means very little to me. I have been in the work force a lot of years.

Am starting to feel like a willing partcipant in a outrageous game of
"Look Over Here!"

While the throng of well-intentioned bystanders are running across the room searching for the answer, LE is in a completly different room, just molding the trail. And yet Kyron remains missing...

Can't someone, anyone just tell the dam@ truth?

:banghead:

Where are you angel?

So. Here's what I think happened. Kyron disappeared June 4. Things are going along, going along. K/D/T & T have a united front, all supporting each other. Then, things start to get a bit strange. As if their child vanishing into thin air in the middle of a science fair at school isn't strange enough...

Within one day, Terri goes to take another poly, that's all messed up, she's stressed over that. She gets home, Kaine and the baby go out. Suddenly here's the landscaper and a sidekick, and the LS is demanding $10k or he's going to the coppers. Yowza! Call 911.

Catching her breath from that and the botched poly before it, she finds out that Kaine hasn't just gone out for some fresh air, but has gone. Period. With her baby. Call 911 again, things are mega crazy. Wth is going on??

Cue in the phone friends. Omg I'm losing it. You wouldn't believe what a day I've had!

The gaggle of friends arrives and/or everybody's calling everybody else, all in a frenzy of Oh Em Gee!!!

Somebody comes up with the perfect solution to all Terri's problems - we'll all run around Portland buying cell phones using fake names. Yes!!!! Perfect!!!

Nothing like this had ever happened to any of these women. Nothing in their lives had ever prepared them for how to deal with all this. There is no guidebook for it. There's nothing to look up on the net or in Cosmo to tell you wtf to do. So they, wanting to do *something* to try to help the situation and Terri, made a really bonehead decision that helped nothing at all, but... they felt they were *doing* something to help, as we all seek to do when life catches us unprepared in an awful situation (our own or a friend's).

Nothing sinister or diabolical or criminal or 'bad', just... monumentally silly. And I refuse to elevate (or lower, if that's possible) silly to anything with deeper meaning. Especially with no rational clues to do so.

I'm not going to make a doofus story any more interesting. It is what it is. It gets no glory or added entertainment value from me.

These women freaked. Thank God, in my life, when things have gone south, and I've freaked, the number of people who knew what a donkey's behind I made of myself was limited, and there was no media nor LE nor grand jury involved. Thank you, Jesus!

If there's anything more to this than meets the eye, anything criminal, if these women all went out and bought cell phones and beat Kyron to death with them, for example, LE will let me know.

Until then, this part of this sordid and pathetic story surrounding this precious little boy's disappearance gets a big fat *EPIC FAIL* from me, and I return to the important thing in all of this:

Where's Kyron?

Re: Secret Cell Phone-Gate.

Without a doubt, these women were motivated to go out of their way to "help" Terri, in spite of the enormous and widely publicized suspicion.

Why?

That's what I want to know. What motivated them?

Speculating:
This "bad marriage thing" had been going on for some time. Terri's "friends" knew about the relationship difficulties for some time - and knew enough to be motivated to come to her rescue. They may well have only "known" what Terri wanted them to "know".

Speculating:
Kaine was NOT clueless about it. (He couldn't be, IMO - his appeals for early privacy were all about protecting his personal relationship challenges - naive as that might have been at the time.) He easily could have been accustomed to denying. Wondering how long it took Kaine to speak frankly with investigators about his marital relationship woes.

Speculating:
Kaine was avidly protecting his family's privacy early on because he didn't want the difficulties of the marriage relationship to color or slow down the massive response & hunt for Kyron. Kaine could NOT fathom that Terri would ever take her issues to the level of hurting any child. Even if Desiree could.

Speculating:
Kaine's bigger nightmare began when he finally believed Terri might go that far - once he learned of the murder-for-hire plot.

Speculating:
Terri's ill will towards Kaine had reached the ears of her supportive friends a long time prior to Kyron disappearing. They were already supportive of her. They were aligned with Terri's plight when Kyron disappeared and honestly believed it was appropriate to support their friend Terri during these very frightening accusations from Kaine, the man they knew through Terri's eyes.

Speculating:
Kaine and Desiree knew of these phantom phone issues some time ago - which prompted their believe in the "Terri's had friend helping her stash Kyron" theory. A hopeful theory at best, which has more recently been dashed by said friend's testimonies to investigators - as to their reasons for helping Terri.

Speculation:
The friends know nothing about Kyron's disappearance, except what Terri's told them - something akin to: first a bad marriage, now a missing child - how could so many bad things happen to Terri?

Speculating:
Desiree and Kaine's recently heightened emotions during public appearances were about being briefed that these friends of Terri's weren't helping her with anything related to Kyron. They believed, instead, they were supporting their friend Terri during a nightmare breakup of a marriage they already knew was sour, where their friend Terri was unfairly being cast as scapegoat for everything.

All speculation, of course.

At the end of Phone-gate we'll find a bunch of normally normal folk (Terri's "friends") caught up unawares in the outer layers of a quietly toxic- turned-deadly family dynamic.

IMO at the root of all of this is Terri's neediness, narcissim, deception and manipulation, and Kaine's tendency towards avoidance, denial, and carefully guarded privacy.

Oh, I agree that she was stupid to be in on this. Very odd indeed. But to call her a "fellow employee" of Kaine makes it sound like they work side by side. There are 15,500 Intel employees in the area. Would you consider them all to be tied to Kaine in some way?

I definitely think these women have been immersed in the Terri version of events, to the point that they lost perspective and made very foolish decisions.

Why?

That's what I want to know Emma. What motivated them?

I can't (in my mind) dismiss this as a silly mistake when friends' houses have been searched, phone records seized & Dede goes AWOL on the 4th at this point. It will be interesting to find out who suggested this plan, why and if the same story is told. Until then, I find it suspicious that some feel the extraordinary need and have gone way out of the way to keep their conversations private from LE during a missing child investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether
Back