8.05.10 -Sources: 2 friends gave Terri Horman cell phones

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So. Here's what I think happened. Kyron disappeared June 4. Things are going along, going along. K/D/T & T have a united front, all supporting each other. Then, things start to get a bit strange. As if their child vanishing into thin air in the middle of a science fair at school isn't strange enough...

Within one day, Terri goes to take another poly, that's all messed up, she's stressed over that. She gets home, Kaine and the baby go out. Suddenly here's the landscaper and a sidekick, and the LS is demanding $10k or he's going to the coppers. Yowza! Call 911.

Catching her breath from that and the botched poly before it, she finds out that Kaine hasn't just gone out for some fresh air, but has gone. Period. With her baby. Call 911 again, things are mega crazy. Wth is going on??

Cue in the phone friends. Omg I'm losing it. You wouldn't believe what a day I've had!

The gaggle of friends arrives and/or everybody's calling everybody else, all in a frenzy of Oh Em Gee!!!

Somebody comes up with the perfect solution to all Terri's problems - we'll all run around Portland buying cell phones using fake names. Yes!!!! Perfect!!!

Nothing like this had ever happened to any of these women. Nothing in their lives had ever prepared them for how to deal with all this. There is no guidebook for it. There's nothing to look up on the net or in Cosmo to tell you wtf to do. So they, wanting to do *something* to try to help the situation and Terri, made a really bonehead decision that helped nothing at all, but... they felt they were *doing* something to help, as we all seek to do when life catches us unprepared in an awful situation (our own or a friend's).

Nothing sinister or diabolical or criminal or 'bad', just... monumentally silly. And I refuse to elevate (or lower, if that's possible) silly to anything with deeper meaning. Especially with no rational clues to do so.

I'm not going to make a doofus story any more interesting. It is what it is. It gets no glory or added entertainment value from me.

These women freaked. Thank God, in my life, when things have gone south, and I've freaked, the number of people who knew what a donkey's behind I made of myself was limited, and there was no media nor LE nor grand jury involved. Thank you, Jesus!

If there's anything more to this than meets the eye, anything criminal, if these women all went out and bought cell phones and beat Kyron to death with them, for example, LE will let me know.

Until then, this part of this sordid and pathetic story surrounding this precious little boy's disappearance gets a big fat *EPIC FAIL* from me, and I return to the important thing in all of this:

Where's Kyron?

I must have been typing while you were posting BeanE. LOL.

Agreeing with most of what you wrote about the possible friends' emotions and, frankly, silliness in their thought processes. But still looking for the motivation for the strong support Terri had - particularly at this very time Terri's wanted poster was publicized all over the area and all sorts of wild speculation regarding Terri being "not-a-POI-but-someone-of-extreme-interest-and-investigative-focus" was at its height. For these friends to sweep in as they did at this time - why?

Then, I wonder when and how they were finally convinced to abandon their support - was it upon the police investigating them?

Maybe one of the "friends" (not Terri) - was as entralled with Terri's predicament as Terri was - led the group - and the group felt safety in numbers?

I can't help feeling there has to be MORE motivating them, IMO - to make them feel obligated towards this "friend" to that degree. Did they think they KNEW something more than anyone else must have known... ?

JHMO

What is wrong with these women? A criminal investigation into the disappearance of a young boy is ongoing. This isn't CSI. This isn't a joke. This isn't a game.

I think BeanE and EmmaPeel have hit this thing on the head. I keep asking myself: what if TH were my friend? Someone I liked, went to lunch with, talked to on the phone--someone who listened to my problems? And then her stepson disappears. Her husband takes the baby and leaves. She's accused of trying to hire someone to kill her husband. She' suspected of kidnapping or murdering the little boy. My friend.. Maybe I've never known her to say a bad word about her husband. Maybe all I've seen is the devoted stepmother and bio-mother and good friend. Maybe over the years, I've seen and heard some things about the husband, the boy's mother, etc. Would I dump my friend, and just assume that she's guilty? Of hideous crimes? Would I turn my back on my friend because of what people might think?

Not in a million years. I might start taking another look at her, asking myself some new questions, paying careful attention. I might try hard to figure out what happened to that precious little boy and whether my friend was what she has always appeared to be.

Remember, Ann Rule's career as a true crime writer began because she learned that her seemingly nice co-worker/colleague was Ted Bundy. Scott Peterson had friends and family, even a new girlfriend, who never would have suspected he was plotting a murder. Even smart people can be fooled by psychopaths or people who are in some downward spiral emotionally, psychologically or morally. And while LE clearly has TH in their sites, innocent people who looked guilty have done years of prison time. So I think these friends, while foolish and silly, are for the most part understandable. DS may be the exception; given the issues around her whereabouts on the day of Kyron's disappearance, she may have a different level of involvement with TH's problems. Time may tell us what her role has been. But even if these friends end their "support" for TH, it might indicate more about the pressures they are under to "deny" their (former) friend than about any new insight they have into her actions, motives, or character.

All that said--what a bizarre case, what a truly surprising group of people.

Hey, this case is all about stretches! Certainly when all the news about MFH, RO, divorce came out, wouldn't you think an exec would have held back from putting herself firmly in the camp of her fellow employee's wife? If she was smart enough to get the big education and the big job, wouldn't she have been smart enough to distance herself from this situation? Unless she knows something we don't know (duh, of course she does), I can't imagine why she jumped into the Terri camp in such a fashion.
Of course, she may only know things that Terri told her, rather than learning anything independently. IMO, very odd for her to be in the phone club.

And hey - if people are going to stretch and say that Terri is a victim and that Kaine is somehow to blame for Kyron's disappearance, then why not stretch on everything else? :cooler:

Just kidding - I actually agree with you. I couldn't believe it when I saw who the witness was! :eek:

I must have been typing while you were posting BeanE. LOL.

Agreeing with most of what you wrote about the possible friends' emotions and, frankly, silliness in their thought processes. But still looking for the motivation for the strong support Terri had - particularly at this very time Terri's wanted poster was publicized all over the area and all sorts of wild speculation regarding Terri being "not-a-POI-but-someone-of-extreme-interest-and-investigative-focus" was at its height. For these friends to sweep in as they did at this time - why?

Then, I wonder when and how they were finally convinced to abandon their support - was it upon the police investigating them?

Maybe one of the "friends" (not Terri) - was as entralled with Terri's predicament as Terri was - led the group - and the group felt safety in numbers?

I can't help feeling there has to be MORE motivating them, IMO - to make them feel obligated towards this "friend" to that degree. Did they think they KNEW something more than anyone else must have known... ?

JHMO

Because they are her friends. They believe(d) she's not involved with Kyron's disappearance. She had one holy heck of a weekend, that weekend that Kaine left. They wanted to help their friend in what must have been extreme distress (just think of all that happened that weekend and the days following, and what the stress levels must have been). And so they did. A bonehead way of helping, but they just tried to help. Plain and simple.

And then came LE, interviews, their homes searched, the media, the net rumors, ZOMG Grand friggin Jury subpoenas, and somewhere in there, they either stopped believing Terri is not involved or, more likely, the craziness levels in their lives needed to be reined in, because family, friends, employers, co-workers, media, LE, net crazies, etc became intolerable, and cameramen were pooping on their lawns.

Even with my very best and dearest friends - and I am a staunchly loyal person - I can easily see myself with all that craziness having to say, "I love you dearly, I believe in you, but I need to bring my blood pressure down before my head explodes and I lose my job, husband, kids, whatever, and then I'll call you and we'll see what's going on then." And then disconnecting my phone, changing my name, and booking a 6 month cruise to some remote desert island in the middle of nowhere.

What is wrong with these women? A criminal investigation into the disappearance of a young boy is ongoing. This isn't CSI. This isn't a joke. This isn't a game.

Well Said! Hear Hear! :clap::clap::clap:

It's like they think they're playing Mystery Date or something!

Could it be the phones were to discuss a possible theory perhaps suggested by TH that she is being framed by someone else?

I mean, if TH didn't do it, then she obviously things someone else did. (Perhaps someone she knows, perhaps not.) So it makes me wonder if she has thoughts on someone else and perhaps they got the phones to try to discuss other possibilities.

The piece that is missing here is an understanding of Terri's personality. Most everything we know about her personality came from her FB page early on. We don't even know what her voice sounds like. If someone who knew her could tell us what she is like, maybe all this would be clearer.

Is she over-the-top funny? When you meet her do you feel like you've known her forever? Do her friends admire her for taking risks? Does she come off as extremely smart? Is hanging around with her always a party?

I wish some of Terri's friends would speak to their reasons for loyalty. So far the public has heard only about these awful choices she seems to be making.

The friends themselves are the ones who are going to have to explain why they would buy the cell phones for someone under these conditions.

For me, I would love to know what they found so compelling about Terri...

This has become a three ring circus and in the middle of it is Kyron.

Well, this is a friend who's known her since Jr. High:

Finster told ABC GMA that Kyron has been in Terri Horman’s life since he was only 3 days old. She said, “She has been his primary caregiver. She actually stopped teaching to be home with him, to raise him.”

“I remember her talking about when he was pre-school age and getting him ready on all the skills for reading and math … and thoroughly enjoying being with him,” Finster said. “She’s a very devoted mother.”

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...-Horman-is-a-good-mother-and-wants-Kyron-home

Finster told ABC GMA that Kyron has been in Terri Horman’s life since he was only 3 days old. She said, “She has been his primary caregiver. She actually stopped teaching to be home with him, to raise him.”

“I remember her talking about when he was pre-school age and getting him ready on all the skills for reading and math … and thoroughly enjoying being with him,” Finster said. “She’s a very devoted mother.”

http://www.examiner.com/x-34328-Sea...-Horman-is-a-good-mother-and-wants-Kyron-home

Yes, that's the only one I remember--and the only clue to her personality we have so far. Which doesn't mesh with any of the things we are hearing she has done! I wonder how her more recent friends would describe her. Particularly workout friends. They would have a pretty good idea about her behavior and current state of mind.

So far, those who know Horman have only good things to say about her and her parenting skills. The second of her three husbands, Richard Ecker, who adopted James before he and Horman divorced, told The Oregonian, "She would never hurt a child."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20397133,00.html

The only people I've heard say ANYTHING bad about TH is KH & DS. Has anyone heard anyone else say anything bad about her?

Ooops, I just realized I'm heading O/T. Sorry, was just trying to answer a question.

Yes, that's the only one I remember--and the only clue to her personality we have so far. Which doesn't mesh with any of the things we are hearing she has done! I wonder how her more recent friends would describe her. Particularly workout friends. They would have a pretty good idea about her behavior and current state of mind.

from what we can see from her resume, she has not had a full-time teaching job...subsitute and volunteer positions only...so again, misleading information, IMO...

The bold part is causing me to start sliding down the fence. There would have to be very compelling reasons for me to stop supporting a friend I had believed was innocent.

I think that's pretty obvious, and it has nothing to do with whether Terri is guilty or innocent.

Sorry, this is what I should have quoted when I made the following response...BBM

from what we can see from her resume, she has not had a full-time teaching job...subsitute and volunteer positions only...so again, misleading information, IMO...

So far, those who know Horman have only good things to say about her and her parenting skills. The second of her three husbands, Richard Ecker, who adopted James before he and Horman divorced, told The Oregonian, "She would never hurt a child."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20397133,00.html

The only people I've heard say ANYTHING bad about TH is KH & DS. Has anyone heard anyone else say anything bad about her?

Well, I have, and I think I have good reason.

Re: Secret Cell Phone-Gate.

Without a doubt, these women were motivated to go out of their way to "help" Terri, in spite of the enormous and widely publicized suspicion.

Why?

That's what I want to know. What motivated them?

Speculating:
This "bad marriage thing" had been going on for some time. Terri's "friends" knew about the relationship difficulties for some time - and knew enough to be motivated to come to her rescue. They may well have only "known" what Terri wanted them to "know".

Speculating:
Kaine was NOT clueless about it. (He couldn't be, IMO - his appeals for early privacy were all about protecting his personal relationship challenges - naive as that might have been at the time.) He easily could have been accustomed to denying. Wondering how long it took Kaine to speak frankly with investigators about his marital relationship woes.

Speculating:
Kaine was avidly protecting his family's privacy early on because he didn't want the difficulties of the marriage relationship to color or slow down the massive response & hunt for Kyron. Kaine could NOT fathom that Terri would ever take her issues to the level of hurting any child. Even if Desiree could.

Speculating:
Kaine's bigger nightmare began when he finally believed Terri might go that far - once he learned of the murder-for-hire plot.

Speculating:
Terri's ill will towards Kaine had reached the ears of her supportive friends a long time prior to Kyron disappearing. They were already supportive of her. They were aligned with Terri's plight when Kyron disappeared and honestly believed it was appropriate to support their friend Terri during these very frightening accusations from Kaine, the man they knew through Terri's eyes.

Speculating:
Kaine and Desiree knew of these phantom phone issues some time ago - which prompted their believe in the "Terri's had friend helping her stash Kyron" theory. A hopeful theory at best, which has more recently been dashed by said friend's testimonies to investigators - as to their reasons for helping Terri.

Speculation:
The friends know nothing about Kyron's disappearance, except what Terri's told them - something akin to: first a bad marriage, now a missing child - how could so many bad things happen to Terri?

Speculating:
Desiree and Kaine's recently heightened emotions during public appearances were about being briefed that these friends of Terri's weren't helping her with anything related to Kyron. They believed, instead, they were supporting their friend Terri during a nightmare breakup of a marriage they already knew was sour, where their friend Terri was unfairly being cast as scapegoat for everything.

All speculation, of course.

At the end of Phone-gate we'll find a bunch of normally normal folk (Terri's "friends") caught up unawares in the outer layers of a quietly toxic- turned-deadly family dynamic.

IMO at the root of all of this is Terri's neediness, narcissim, deception and manipulation, and Kaine's tendency towards avoidance, denial, and carefully guarded privacy.

I love this post!!!!!!!!!

Could it be the phones were to discuss a possible theory perhaps suggested by TH that she is being framed by someone else?

I mean, if TH didn't do it, then she obviously things someone else did. (Perhaps someone she knows, perhaps not.) So it makes me wonder if she has thoughts on someone else and perhaps they got the phones to try to discuss other possibilities.

why not discuss it with LE who has tons of resources not available to them? What would the need for secrecy be?

Who cares if LE hears them talk about people besides Terri that they think might be involved?

If I felt my very very good friend wasn't involved and I had suspicions of others, I would be knocking on LE's door over and over.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back