A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure the Dark Minds TV show already did.

How are you "pretty sure"?
They have never stated who the convicted serial killers are that they talk with. People have their theories on who they could be but no one has actually done a recorded/video taped interview him about this case.

Some criminals shut down emotionally when caught and don't want to talk to anyone about what they've done. While other more narcissistic proud criminals enjoy the fame and like to share their stories, advice, theories with others.

How are you "pretty sure"?
They have never stated who the convicted serial killers are that they talk with. People have their theories on who they could be but no one has actually done a recorded/video taped interview him about this case.

Some criminals shut down emotionally when caught and don't want to talk to anyone about what they've done. While other more narcissistic proud criminals enjoy the fame and like to share their stories, advice, theories with others.

I was using the term pretty sure in reference to my recollection of the episode not as some insider information. I think you may have just misunderstood my terminology because I didn't properly explain my use of pretty sure ,

when found he was wearing women's clothing also wears a wig

Not available here in Australia on any links....anyone know if and when the show may be coming down under?

I won't be watching the episodes until later today (I know I am well behind!) Just marking my spot for when I have watched them :)

I am new to websleuths as well. I am absolutely intrigued by the show on A&E. I am in North Carolina and i do not recall ever hearing about these events. Which to me is very sad. I teared up a few times while watching this imagining the torture the families go through daily of the unknown. I am a mother of a 2 and 3 year old and could never imagine the horror of losing a child. I am praying for these victims and their families and i will continue to pray. May we help to give all of the families peace and find the person/person's who have caused such heart ache and loss.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Finished watching my DVR recording of the show from Saturday night and wanted to share some thoughts.

First wanted to congratulate a job well done to all involved with the production of "The Killing Season". It was very well done and did a great job to help summarize a very complex case.

Below are some of the things that stood out to me while watching in no particular order.

-I agree with others in the thinking that LISK could be either LE or Ex-LE person because of multiple reasons. Including that it appears that
LISK has experience with evidence collecting methods because some bodies were attempted to avoid identifying.

Also, the girl that disappeared from Madison Square Garden area has me thinking maybe a LE officer made a fake arrest to get her to his vehicle.

My understanding is she was on her way out of the area and yet she disappeared from an area where there is usually a lot of people around.
The only way I can see that happening without raising suspicion is if LISK was in uniform and faked an arrest. The area around the garden typically always has people around. It would be very risky for LISK to make his move there unless he had a ruse like LE uniform.

-The use of burlap is interesting. One thing I have not seen discussed is that burlap allows air to penetrate. It "breathes". Which allows
a corpse to "rot" more naturally with less odor. On the phone calls to the sister LISK said he was going to watch her sister "rot". This tells me
he was using the burlap in a special way because he had to keep the bodies close by until he found just the right time to dump them permanently.

So maybe he had to keep them in his basement or garage or outside his house until he found his chance to be able to dump them permanently without being seen.

-The non release of the 911 call. This is very important and LE needs to explain why this has not been done at least for the families. Something is very important in that regard and it ties to the potential identity of LISK IMO. Could the tape have incriminated LE?

-IMO I do not necessarily think there are two killers. I believe the person may have just gotten bolder and bolder and decided he did not have to
take extremes like he did before. If there is more than one killer then I think it may just be one or two victims. I feel the majority of the victims are from one killer and that he did not always dismember them once he got comfortable with not being caught.

Carl did so well!!! I'm catching up on episode 2 now. I love that WS has been so prominently featured on TKS [emoji4][emoji4][emoji177][emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he did! CarlK is awesome at finding matches for the unidentified.

Finished watching my DVR recording of the show from Saturday night and wanted to share some thoughts.

First wanted to congratulate a job well done to all involved with the production of "The Killing Season". It was very well done and did a great job to help summarize a very complex case.

Below are some of the things that stood out to me while watching in no particular order.

-I agree with others in the thinking that LISK could be either LE or Ex-LE person because of multiple reasons. Including that it appears that
LISK has experience with evidence collecting methods because some bodies were attempted to avoid identifying.

Also, the girl that disappeared from Madison Square Garden area has me thinking maybe a LE officer made a fake arrest to get her to his vehicle.

My understanding is she was on her way out of the area and yet she disappeared from an area where there is usually a lot of people around.
The only way I can see that happening without raising suspicion is if LISK was in uniform and faked an arrest. The area around the garden typically always has people around. It would be very risky for LISK to make his move there unless he had a ruse like LE uniform.

-The use of burlap is interesting. One thing I have not seen discussed is that burlap allows air to penetrate. It "breathes". Which allows
a corpse to "rot" more naturally with less odor. On the phone calls to the sister LISK said he was going to watch her sister "rot". This tells me
he was using the burlap in a special way because he had to keep the bodies close by until he found just the right time to dump them permanently.

So maybe he had to keep them in his basement or garage or outside his house until he found his chance to be able to dump them permanently without being seen.

-The non release of the 911 call. This is very important and LE needs to explain why this has not been done at least for the families. Something is very important in that regard and it ties to the potential identity of LISK IMO. Could the tape have incriminated LE?

-IMO I do not necessarily think there are two killers. I believe the person may have just gotten bolder and bolder and decided he did not have to
take extremes like he did before. If there is more than one killer then I think it may just be one or two victims. I feel the majority of the victims are from one killer and that he did not always dismember them once he got comfortable with not being caught.
Very interesting Hatfield👏

I definitely think with the unidentified woman and child that it was someone he had a relationship with. Wasnt she in her mid 30's?

Was wrapping the women in burlap purely for convenience, or were they " dressed " in burlap " clothing "?
Did someone stockpile the burlap in preparation for flood waters, or was it left over from a previous flood?
Was the burlap used to protect the bodies from the elements for some reason?
imo, speculation
rbbm.

http://nyp-corp.com/blog/the-history-and-uses-of-burlap/
While jute fibers do not typically make for popular clothing, burlap has been historically used to clothe German soldiers. Giving burlap its other referred name, Hessian, German soldiers from the state of Hesse, had uniforms commissioned from the sturdy material.

Today, jute provides for four main manufactured purposes. First and foremost, jute provides burlap. While burlap makes for a strong sack, another manufacturing purpose is sacking (NYP-Corp carries a large variety of burlap bags). Historically, sacks made from jute fiber have been used for carrying coffee beans, cement, and concrete. Interestingly, this strong fiber is also used for providing sandbags, used to build embankments, temporarily warding off flood waters. Burlap may also be manufactured for art work, the tough fibers stretched to make a type of canvas for painting. The inexpensive canvas may also be used to protect people from the elements, including rain and hail.

Carl did so well!!! I'm catching up on episode 2 now. I love that WS has been so prominently featured on TKS [emoji4][emoji4][emoji177][emoji177]

Carl's my hero.

dotr, thank you for all and for your great sleuthing which always helps to follow.

Burlap may blend in the those spots better and also permit decay faster as it isn't air tight, possibly, other than having been what may have been available to the perp/s? There's something about the placement and the burlap around the trophies remains of his victims that bespeak an aesthete, somehow in his own evil mind. While others may walk those stretches of beach feeling joy, calm, fondness, love, or just wander, this pathetic SK may walk past his crimes and want to remember the image of what he did wrapped in something better than plastic or just scattered, in his minds eye, he needed that, it seems to me.

dotr, thank you for all and for your great sleuthing which always helps to follow.

Burlap may blend in the those spots better and also permit decay faster as it isn't air tight, possibly, other than having been what was available to the perp/s? There's something about the placement and the burlap around the trophies remains of his victims that bespeak an aesthete, somehow in his own evil mind. While others may walk those stretches of beach feeling joy, calm, fondness, love, or just wander, this pathetic SK may walk past his crimes and want to remember the image of what he did wrapped in something better than plastic or just scattered, in his minds eye, he needed that, it seems to me.

rbbm.
Thanks FindHG, your comment illustrates a point i missed in the burlap post, ie an artist showcasing handiwork..
imo, speculation.

http://nyp-corp.com/blog/the-history...ses-of-burlap/
Burlap may also be manufactured for art work, the tough fibers stretched to make a type of canvas for painting.

Cemetary workers at St. Charles cemetary in Farmingdale NY use long wide sheets of burlap to wrap landscaping debris. I was visiting there and saw the bundles on the side of the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Cemetary workers at St. Charles cemetary in Farmingdale NY use long wide sheets of burlap to wrap landscaping debris. I was visiting there and saw the bundles on the side of the road.

http://m.ccbklyn.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads