A&E The Killing Season Episodes 1 and 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I hoping for. Thank you & Tricia for all your patience while some of us newbs start digging in. Hoping these discussion threads for The Killing Season can become an index of sorts for past discussions on this case. Creating an easy entry point for new readers is our best hope for some new leads or perspectives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the LISK forum, khofman. That's the intent. The discussion has been going on here for 6-7 years. I've done my best to keep it organized, but there is just so much of it. So now we're going to make a fresh start, and with the help of The Killing Season episodes, we can simplify the data and come up with new ideas. "Fresh eyes", etc.. :crossfingers:

Hi, WM. I recall potatoes mentioned vrey early on, so I did a forum search,and sure enough, potatoes were discussed in the very first thread in 2010.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6337098

Other threads where potatoes and burlap are discussed:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/search.php?searchid=6337093

For those who don't know, or are new to the site, one will have to do a word search of each thread to find the posts which discuss potatoes. In the upper right side of each thread, just beneath the thread title, are a number of selections. Choose "Search Thread" and in this case enter "potatoes". The search will return all posts in the thread which contain the term "potatoes". The other way is to do a Forum Search from the forum index page. Choose "Show Posts". Hope that helps. :)

If you have more questions about the forum mechanics, please post them in the designated thread. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...About-Websleuths-HERE&p=12928747#post12928747

Thanks!

Hey Bessie! Thanks much for the links and refreshing my memory. :)

Just watched the 2 episode pilot for the series. The filmmakers did an outstanding job in presenting the facts and details of the case. They also captured the right mood and the haunting essence of the case. I got my DVR set for the rest of the season. And I must say that these two episodes have to be the best about the case from what I've watched the last couple of years, including last week's People Magazine's ID channel special on LISK. Can't wait for episode 3.

Thank you so much... really means a lot coming from people who know the case so well.... we didn't want to rehash the case... wanted to humanize the women and push leads even if they didn't pan out... -Rachel

So now we're going to make a fresh start, and with the help of The Killing Season episodes, we can simplify the data and come up with new ideas. "Fresh eyes", etc.. :crossfingers:

Bessie, could we perhaps get a "sticky" thread posted with the basics of the case for quick review? Victim X found on this day, ID/no ID, basic description, etc. I have never dug deep into this case until now, and I'm guessing there will be others coming in for the first time as well. So much info in so many pages of threads to try to wrap my head around. :)

So if I'm not mistaken Shannan's Death was ruled accidental, so this means that any investigation into her death has officially been closed? If so, why was Dr. Hackett so easily cleared as a suspect? He Lied to the SCPD as phone records proved he did in fact call the Gilbert Family and specifically mentioned Shannon.
He also shouldn't have any prior knowledge of Shannan's existence aside from the circumstances of what may have taken place that night, unless of course he had been a client previously, which would be very coincidental for Shannan to flee Joseph Brewers home only to run into a client who had been already stalking her far from her normal areas of operation. So we can safely assume the probable way she crossed paths with Dr. Hackett was somehow after she had fled the last home she'd approached for help, maybe she approached his home for help as well, or maybe he saw her while driving down the road in the early morning hours, Is it a coincidence while running from one potential killer or group of killers that she ran into another killer, or were several men acting together, however it happened Dr. Peter Hackett called the Gilbert family from Shannan's phone during the time of her disappearance, the only conclusion is he HAS to be involved somehow at least with Shannan's Death, and is it also circumstance that Dr. Hackett calling the victims family fit the profile of the "suspect" that is likely LISK, I don't think so. Why was there no mention of Dr. Hackett on this show or at least a mention of Shannan Gilberts sister receiving a call as well.

Bad choice of words on my part. The sketch is included in the link I supplied, I just wasn't sure what number body the case was. Does anyone see similarities there?

The eyes look the same to me.... I'm just not sure about he jaw line

It's been so hard for me to focus on this case, sleuthers, sorry. 9:53 minutes in, Rachel and Josh, amazing. Shaking.

I love what you've done, thank you. Works for me. You have my unending gratitude for eyes wide open.

Thoughts and prayers for those touched by this carnage of their loved ones and for those who care to see justice.

If LISK works in Manhattan, wouldn't that mean he has some type of office job?

So, it would be safe to assume he's Caucasian, middle/upper middle class?

I wouldn't know how to judge race. But middle or upper class, probably.

The LE profile does suggest that he would be white, however.

Great show! What caught my attention was the mention of the killer possibly posting here. Surely he watches every news story and this show would feed his ego too much to ignore. The show highlighted this site, so what if he's following this conversation? That is a chilling thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know! Something I think about often.
-Rachel

That's a very possible match. On Colleen's page DNA tab it says
Sample submitted - Tests complete
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8724/0/

But this can be misleading because comparisons are not automated. That means they put the DNA on the database but comparisons are manually done.

Here's a quote I got from a Namus officer
"All comparisons request has to go through the agency that's investigating the specific case."

If I were you, I would try to contact the LE Agency and push hard. Ready to give a hand if you need help.

Thanks for continuing your work Erme! Josh and I will be on websleuths radio Tuesday talking about the unidentified. Todd Matthews will be a guest. I do believe through everyone's hard work we can ID on of the unidentified of LI. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2016/11/16/the-killing-season-on-ae

May I ask a question? This might be in the wrong place...I'm brand new here. The question has to do with The Killing Season murders. I grew up working with my father in an upholstery shop. He bought burlap by huge rolls. Do you know if the burlap the bodies were buried in were actually "burlap sacks", or was it just "burlap"? They always said "wrapped in burlap". This was interesting to me, because burlap is used on every single piece furniture that is either reupholstered or rebuilt. An upholsterer, or someone who has access to supplies at a furniture company...even a large furniture company in the area around Queens, or elsewhere? The killer(s) could have taken it from their workplace, if it's burlap & not burlap sacks.
Thanks!
docrocker

I watched both episodes last night with my usual critical eye in terms of accuracy. I'm VERY happy to report that I didn't throw a single thing at my TV out of frustration. Thanks. Josh and Rachel.

Phew... That's saying a lot coming from you Kat! -Rachel

May I ask a question? This might be in the wrong place...I'm brand new here. The question has to do with The Killing Season murders. I grew up working with my father in an upholstery shop. He bought burlap by huge rolls. Do you know if the burlap the bodies were buried in were actually "burlap sacks", or was it just "burlap"? They always said "wrapped in burlap". This was interesting to me, because burlap is used on every single piece furniture that is either reupholstered or rebuilt. An upholsterer, or someone who has access to supplies at a furniture company...even a large furniture company in the area around Queens, or elsewhere? The killer(s) could have taken it from their workplace, if it's burlap & not burlap sacks.
Thanks!
docrocker

Welcome docrocker!!

I can't answer your question but I hadn't thought of that.
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have not followed this case at all, but I watched the first hour of The Killing Season last night (I had to switch to the Kohlhepp 48 hours), but I am very impressed with how this was done. I'm looking forward to learning more, and watching the rest of the series. And I have to admit, it was pretty neat seeing WS get the love it did!!

My heart broke for Ambers sister. I hope she is able to get some assistance and get her life on track.

Thank You. I actually just spoke to Kim a couple of days ago... she's OK.

Thanks!
docrocker
I've seen Dormer interviewed and he said "wrapped in burlap."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics