A little history on JMK....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
luthersmama said:
He had dropped out of high school. Must have gotten a GED later on, though.
I still believe Karr suffers from Asperger's Syndrome, a very high-functioning variant of autism. The tendency to obsessive behavior and OCD-beahviors (needing to have shoes poitned the same, way, furniture oriented the same way, etc.) plus "zoning out" (as described by a childhoos friend) and seeming both intelligent yet disconnected re social behaviors is all part of this condition. So is "confabulation" (lying) and delusional thinking.

I've slowly come to the conclusion that Karr grew up unaware that his biological mom had tried to kill him and was in a mental hospital, not killed in a car crash. In fact, I think his obsession with cars might have had its basis in the "family story" of his mother dying in a car crash. I'm also betting this guy looks like his mom. I think from a very early age he had a fixation on loss and death, but not onlyd eath but the ting that caused the death (in this case the automobile).

Somewhere along the line Karr learned the truth about his mother and what she tried to do to him, and that created a whole new obession with him: young girls who may have been murdered by their mothers. Why little girls and not little boys? No doubt it has something to do with his gender confusion. Or maybe he identified himself so strongly with his mother growing up . Who knows? I believe he must have learned the truth somewhere between when he was selling used cars and when he came fixated on Polly Klaas. I also think the fact his crazy mom thought he had the devil in him really did a number on his scrambled brain, and he's been determined to live up to mom's predictions since he learned of them.

This guy's just a pathetic, sorry mixed-up freak. Not really surprising, given his upbringing and past. I definitely get the feeling of of "Look at me NOW, Daddy! See? I finallly DID something. I'M FAMOUS! I MATTER!"

2001 is when Karr was charged with possession of child *advertiser censored*, and when he was last seen in the U.S.

Karr was licensed for a day care center at his home 1997-99, number of children enrolled there unknown, and no complaints filed.

While teaching English in Costa Rica in 2004 he stated to others that he preferred girls to women and was a sexual "wolf":

'Sexually, I am like a wolf,' Karr bragged to landlord
Alabama officials say Karr was licensed for home daycare

Thursday, August 24, 2006 - http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/08/24/karr.daycare.ap/

According to Onthe record: Karr ran a daycare out of his house in Hamilton, Ala from 97 to 98.

John Mark Karr was fired from his teaching job at a Honduras elementary school after three weeks because he was "irritable" and had a "difficult personality," the director said.

Caridad Pineda Ponce, director of the Southwest School in La Esperanza, Honduras, said Karr was hired in August 2004 after he applied over the Internet for an English teacher position there.
- http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4941004,00.html

At least 3 children enrolled in Karr's day care center at his home 97-99. (Karr had three small children of his own at the time--they might have been the 'at least' 3 children enrolled)

According to the Associated Press: "...John Bradford, a spokesman with the Alabama Department of Human Resources...State rules require day-care providers to keep and submit information indicating the number of children they keep, Bradford said, and officials know Karr kept at least three children during the period. Bradford would not elaborate further." - http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/060825/suspect.shtml

BillyGoatG: I agree on your theory associated with a diagnosis that includes Asperger's Syndrome. Good call.

After reading some background on the father, do you guys get the impression that JMKarr was intent on "outdoing" everyone? A better car, etc. Even to the extent that he would have a younger girlfriend/wife than his father? The age difference between Wex's first wife (Patricia Adcock) was approx. 29 or 30 years. The age difference between Wex and second wife (Susan Simpson) was approx. 23 years.

I find it not so coincidental, but rather competitive, that JMKarr was trolling for middle school age girls, when he was in high school. Karr and his first wife, were approx. 6 years difference. However, my guess is that his wife at age 14, looked like a very young 14. Or Karr wouldn't have wanted her. FAst forward to the age difference between Karr, and the object of his obsession (JBR), that is approx. 31 years. Finally out-performed his father's "personal best".

BloodshotEye said:
BillyGoatG: I agree on your theory associated with a diagnosis that includes Asperger's Syndrome. Good call.

After reading some background on the father, do you guys get the impression that JMKarr was intent on "outdoing" everyone? A better car, etc. Even to the extent that he would have a younger girlfriend/wife than his father? The age difference between Wex's first wife (Patricia Adcock) was approx. 29 or 30 years. The age difference between Wex and second wife (Susan Simpson) was approx. 23 years.

I find it not so coincidental, but rather competitive, that JMKarr was trolling for middle school age girls, when he was in high school. Karr and his first wife, were approx. 6 years difference. However, my guess is that his wife at age 14, looked like a very young 14. Or Karr wouldn't have wanted her. FAst forward to the age difference between Karr, and the object of his obsession (JBR), that is approx. 31 years. Finally out-performed his father's "personal best".
Its clear that the key to a lot of his bizarre behaviors and choices in life are tied into his family. I get the distinct impression his father was barely involved in this man's life while he was growing up, and that may have a lot to do with his gender confusion.

I know what you mean, about the apparent lack of father in JMKarr's life. Sometimes that is the very dynamic, that causes a child to do something, that brings about the adulation/applause - albeit rare, from the absent parent. What could be easier. Do something your father does, and he will like approve. It worked with the used car dealership, which suggests that Karr desired approval and bonding with his father. Even if it was for self serving reasons, rather than for mutual love and respect.

I just find it kind of beyond mere coincidence, that Karr kind of imitated his father's selection of young girls. Especially in light of what we believe is Karr's ability/desire to absorbe elements from an individual's personality and experience, that garner adulation, applause, or admiration. I would guess that Karr heard more than once, a woman or man giving his father the old wink and nod, for his conquest of younger girls. Interpretation was that this was something that gets you noticed. It's a trophy - much the same way a Delorean would be.

Man, his gender identification is a weird bag of nuts, isn't it.

*advertiser censored* charges followed inquiry in 1997 slaying

The child-*advertiser censored* charges filed against John Mark Karr in 2001 followed allegations that he may have been involved in the 1997 murder of a 12-year-old girl, Georgia Moses, in Petaluma, Calif., according to The Associated Press. Sheriff's investigators ruled him out as a viable suspect in that case but filed the *advertiser censored* charges based on evidence they seized.
- http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4943730,00.html

California investigators learned about Karr's apparent interest in the Ramsey case and also that of Polly Klaas, who was murdered in 1993, when Karr was investigated in the 1997 murder of a 12-year-old named Georgia Moses. Karr, who lived in California for a time, does not appear to be a suspect in Moses' death, the statement said.

During the investigation, authorities gathered information from a woman in northern California, Wendy Hutchens, that included tape recordings and e-mails with Karr. The investigation also included search warrants, forensic examination of digital media and surveillance.
- http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/nation/4137959.html

Sonoma County detectives first began investigating Karr in the unsolved 1997 murder of 12-year-old Georgia Moses and gave information about him to three jurisdictions, including Colorado, Lt. Dave Edmonds said in a written statement.

Edmonds said Karr "does not appear to be a viable suspect" in the death of Moses -- whose body was found beside a road near Petaluma, the California town where Karr once lived. Another 12-year-old, Polly Klaas, was also kidnapped and murdered in Petaluma.

"During the course of our investigation in 2001, we learned of Karr's apparent fascination with the 1993 murder of Polly Klaas in Petaluma, and the 1996 murder of Jon Benet Ramsey in Boulder, Colorado," Edmonds said. --->>

Edmonds said Karr made references to two other out-of-state crimes, a child murder and a molestation, and that Sonoma detectives notified those jurisdictions along with Boulder authorities.

Karr was ultimately charged in Sonoma with possession of child *advertiser censored* but fled before he could stand trial.

- http://today.reuters.com/News/CrisesArticle.aspx?storyId=N24380999

Sheriff's Department
County of Sonoma
Hall of Justice
2796 Ventura Avenue
Santa Rosa, CA 95403 (707)565-2511
www.sonomasheriff.org Bill Cogbill
Sheriff/Coroner

Press Release

Response to media inquiries on 2001 John Karr child *advertiser censored* investigation

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 at 4:34, PM

The purpose of this press release is to provide some information concerning the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department’s 2001 investigation into John Mark Karr. Karr is the subject who is being held by Boulder, Colorado authorities in their investigation of the 1996 murder of Jon Benet Ramsey.

We have spoken with Boulder, Colorado law enforcement authorities and we will continue to work with them to be of assistance in their case involving John Karr.

We appreciate and respect the media’s and public’s interests concerning Boulder’s current investigation as well as our 2001 child *advertiser censored* investigation in which John Karr was arrested and charged. However, our primary concern will continue to be the need to protect the integrity of both investigations. For this reason, any comments coming from the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department (including this one) will first be cleared with the Boulder County District Attorney’s Office.

The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department did open an investigation into John Mark Karr in 2001. A primary initial interest to us was to investigate Karr as a potential suspect in the 1997 murder of 12-year-old Georgia Moses in Petaluma. At this point, Karr does not appear to be a viable suspect in that case.

One of the persons who provided information to us during our investigation was Wendy Hutchens. Her information included tape recordings and emails with Karr. Through investigation efforts that included search warrants, forensic examination of digital (computer) media, and surveillance, we attempted to learn about any crimes that Karr might have committed. We provided much of our case information to the FBI, who helped us with this investigation.

Ultimately, we were only able to establish that Karr committed five violations of penal code section 311.11, possession of child *advertiser censored*. He was charged for these crimes but he fled during the time of court proceedings so an arrest warrant was issued for him. We made efforts to locate Karr to serve this warrant, but we were unsuccessful and it appeared he fled our jurisdiction to an unknown location(s). Our warrant will be served after Karr’s matters in Colorado are resolved.

During the course of our investigation in 2001, we learned of Karr’s apparent fascination with the 1993 murder of Polly Klaas in Petaluma, and the 1996 murder of Jon Benet Ramsey in Boulder, Colorado. In some writings, Karr presented ideas about what the murderers of Polly Klaas and Jon Benet Ramsey must have thought and felt.

Karr mostly spoke of Jon Benet Ramsey’s murderer in a manner that suggested he was an unknown subject, but one whom Karr was very interested in and curious about. In a few instances while he seemed to be wondering about the Jon Benet Ramsey murder, he made uncertain allusions to placing himself in the killer’s role. However, we never uncovered any "confession" statements, overt murder evidence, or other indications that John Karr possessed secret knowledge that only the murderer of Jon Benet Ramsey would know.

Besides the Jon Benet Ramsey murder in Colorado, Karr also made references to another child killing in another state, as well as a child molestation in yet another state. During our 2001 investigation, we made notification of our investigation to law enforcement authorities in all three jurisdictions. We had follow-up dialogue with law enforcement authorities in each jurisdiction.

Though we do appreciate the role of the media and the public’s interest, these cases are open investigations and we are obliged to protect their integrity. In order to provide for that need, we will continue to exercise restraint in our public statements. Any future release of information will be made by press release. Interested parties can subscribe to receive our press releases via email when they are posted. This can be done by going to the press index page on our website, www.sonomasheriff.org, and providing an email address there.

Prepared by: Lt. Dave Edmonds, Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department

http://www.sonomasheriff.org/cgi-bin/sheriff/newspro/viewnews.cgi?

Eyewitnesses are so often 'dead' wrong, but here's one who might identify Karr in Boulder on Dec 26, 1996:

Boulder District Attorney investigator Mark Spray has contacted a man who believes he could have encountered the JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect on a bus in the early morning hours of Dec. 26, 1996.

Daniel Pride, now of Portsmouth, N.H., said he was at the downtown bus station in Boulder sometime shortly after 12:30 a.m. when a man arrived, behaving strangely and bearing a resemblance to John Mark Karr, arrested last week in the case.
- http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4946895,00.html

Karr grew up 9 miles from the Ramseys home, was that the location his mother tried to set him on fire?

Rocky said:
Karr grew up 9 miles from the Ramseys home, was that the location his mother tried to set him on fire?
He grew up in Conyers. That's in Rockdale County. Conyers is nowhere near Dunwoody or Sandy Springs. It is on the south side of the metro area. Dunwoody is on the North.

Karr's father currently lives in Sandy Springs, which is relatively close to Dunwoody, which is where the Ramseys lived when JonBenet was born. I have no idea when his father moved there. Not that it matters, because Karr was living in Alabama at the time.

The Ramseys currently live on Powers Ferry Road in the Buckhead/Vinings area of Atlanta. Their neighbors include the Georgia Governor's Mansion.

LovelyPigeon said:
Eyewitnesses are so often 'dead' wrong, but here's one who might identify Karr in Boulder on Dec 26, 1996:

Boulder District Attorney investigator Mark Spray has contacted a man who believes he could have encountered the JonBenet Ramsey murder suspect on a bus in the early morning hours of Dec. 26, 1996.

Daniel Pride, now of Portsmouth, N.H., said he was at the downtown bus station in Boulder sometime shortly after 12:30 a.m. when a man arrived, behaving strangely and bearing a resemblance to John Mark Karr, arrested last week in the case. - http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4946895,00.html
So he took a BUS to Boulder?

Geez louise! You ever ride on a Greyhound Bus? During the holidays? That would mean he would have been gone from home the better half of a WEEK!
And then he would have to walk or take a cab exactly to where he wanted to go. This just keeps getting stoopider and stoopider.

So he took a BUS to Boulder?

That's not what the article indicates. Pride saw someone he thinks resembles JMK after 12:30 a.m. Dec 26 at the Boulder bus station. That implies after JonBenét was killed.

I don't think it means that he had to take a bus back to Atlanta or Georgia, either. IF it was JMK, he might have taken a bus to Denver for the airport, and flown back to Georgia or Alabama. Reverse the process to have arrived in Boulder on Dec 25.

This is just a potential, possible witness, anyway. Nothing nailed down yet, and eye- witnesses can be very unreliable.

LovelyPigeon said:
That's not what the article indicates. Pride saw someone he thinks resembles JMK after 12:30 a.m. Dec 26 at the Boulder bus station. That implies after JonBenét was killed.

I don't think it means that he had to take a bus back to Atlanta or Georgia, either. IF it was JMK, he might have taken a bus to Denver for the airport, and flown back to Georgia or Alabama. Reverse the process to have arrived in Boulder on Dec 25.

This is just a potential, possible witness, anyway. Nothing nailed down yet, and eye- witnesses can be very unreliable.
Anyway you cut it, it's ridiculous.

BPD and Boulder DA apparently don't think the possible connections to Karr are ridiculous. Karr is the only suspect in the JonBenét Ramsey case ever to have a warrant issued for arrest.

LovelyPigeon said:
BPD and Boulder DA apparently don't think the possible connections to Karr are ridiculous. Karr is the only suspect in the JonBenét Ramsey case ever to have a warrant issued for arrest.

Very good point LP!

OB

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member