A little history on JMK....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LovelyPigeon said:
BPD and Boulder DA apparently don't think the possible connections to Karr are ridiculous. Karr is the only suspect in the JonBenét Ramsey case ever to have a warrant issued for arrest.
Hey, they're state employees. They get paid the same no matter how stupid the theory might be.

LovelyPigeon said:
I don't think that age is going to be a sure thing for anyone to know anyone else.

The Ramseys and the Karrs apparently didn't even live in the same counties, much less go to the same schools.

LP have you been able to dig up any more info, they both lived on the same street, at different times...

Ramsey's first wife had friends that knew Karr...

the circle is getting smaller and Atlanta might be the key on how this all came together.

Has anyone confirmed if the Sexual offender David Karr is related?

The scan at this link http://myhandwriting.com/images/KarrApp1a3506.jpg purports to be a March 5, 2006 employment application form filled out by John Mark Karr. He lists a previous address as 4000 Paces Ferry Road in Vinings, GA

John and Patsy Ramsey built a home at 4070 West Paces Ferry in (I believe it was) 1997. That house was sold about 2003 IIRC, and the Ramseys moved to Michigan to live full-time.

I haven't read anything yet about Lucinda Ramsey Johnson (John Ramsey's first wife) having any acquaintance with the Karrs.

Who and where is "sexual offender David Karr"? Never heard of him.

LovelyPigeon said:
Have the Shotts known that the Ramsey ransom note was signed "S.B.T.C."? I doubt it.

I think most people don't know anything about the ransom note.
I didn't closely follow the JonBenet murder at the time it happened. All I knew was that a little girl from a wealthy family in Boulder, Co. had been murdered, found in her home, her murder remained unsolved, and her parents had been suspected. Other than that, I was unaware of the ransom note and any other details in the case until a few weeks ago when it was announced that there was a suspect in the case.

In the days that have followed that announcement, and with the almost non-stop coverage of the case by news media, I've been playing catch-up. I've watch a couple of documentaries that were presented by A & E and Court TV on the case, and read these forums.

I think I'm probably typical, and that not many people are aware of the ransom note and the details of that note.

Karr's 2nd ex-wife, Lara, wrote a letter to her then sister-in-law in January 17, expressing that JMK's three sons enjoyed seeing their newborn cousin. Apparently the letter also mentions Christmas day.

Karr family lawyer described the circumstances where JMK's mother tried to kill him a little differently than Wex Karr's longtime friend previously described to the media. This version has the mother of John and Michael Karr putting them on a blanket with a guitar and a Bible in the living room, then telling them she was going to set fire to blanket and to them. The boys then fled from their mother to a neighbor's house.

This article implies that John, 4 at the time, and Michael, 9, went to Hamilton to live with their grandparents shortly afterward, rather than when John was 12 and Michael 17.

It also states that John had little or no memory of his mother, making his claims of sexual abuse by his mother (if those are indeed accurate and actual) probably either all his imagination or something he was told by someone else.

Kin: Letter shows Karr in Ga. in '96
By Kirk Mitchell and Jeremy P. Meyer
Denver Post Staff Writers

A letter John Mark Karr's ex-wife wrote shortly after Christmas 1996 is the latest evidence his family offers that he could not have been in Colorado when he says he killed JonBenet Ramsey.

Though the letter doesn't specifically mention that Karr was with them, it describes circumstances that could only mean he was in Atlanta for Christmas 1996, said Gary Harris, an attorney speaking for Michael Karr, John Karr's brother.

The January 1997 letter by John Karr's ex-wife Lara Knutson was mailed to Karr's sister-in-law, Reneau Karr. It mentions how much her three boys enjoyed seeing her newborn baby. --->>

The Denver Post previously quoted an anonymous Colorado law enforcement official as saying that Karr had an extensive criminal record for sexual assaults across the South. Another Colorado state official, who reviewed Karr's criminal record, indicated Karr was charged only in California.
To prove their point about Karr's innocence, family members have gone so far as to tell family secrets.

Harris said that Patricia Elaine Adcock, the mentally ill mother of John and Michael Karr, laid out a blanket in their living room, set a guitar and Bible on the blanket and asked the boys to lie down. She then told them she would light the blanket and them on fire. Michael Karr grabbed his brother's hand and took him to a neighbor, Harris said.

John Karr was 4 at the time, and he and his older brother Michael went to Hamilton, Ala., to live with their grandparents. His mother was committed to the Georgia State Hospital in Milledgeville, according to several reports. Harris said John Karr has virtually no recollection of his mother. --->>

Within months of Karr's arrival, he got a job at St. Joseph's Convent, a girls' school. But he was dismissed from that job for undisclosed reasons.

On May 10, Karr was hired at Bangkok Christian College for boys to teach first-graders but was fired June 7 because parents thought he was too strict, said Banchong Chompoowong, the school's assistant director.
--->>

http://www.denverpost.com/jonbenet/ci_4245073

History gleaned from Karr visited Boulder in 2000
On cross-country move with family, he did 'research'
- http://www.insidedenver.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4950373,00.html :

In 2000, when moving his wife and sons to CA, JMK spent a day in Boulder 'researching' alone, having left the family in a motel alone. This probably can explain JMK's familiarity with some landmarks in town, like describing the brick facade of the Daily Camera building.

After settling in Petaluma, CA a few weeks later JMK met Dennis Melfa, 59, attending Rite of Christian Initiation classes at St. Vincent De Paul Catholic Church. Melfa was a real estate broker, and JMK asked Melfa about buying the house where Polly Klaas had been kidnapped.

After JMK was arrested on child *advertiser censored* charges, brother Michael Karr was so disgusted he told JMK never to call him again. When JMK was released from jail, he ate dinner with Melfa at Melfa's house, draining an entire bottle of Chardonnay and talked about wanting to be a rock star.

Melfa doesn't think JMK killed JonBenét.

Camilla Edwards, 74, taught the Christian initiation classes in 2000 and remembered JMK: "He wanted attention when he was in the group. He definitely monopolized that situation, if he could."

This article says JMK's wife brought in the bulk of their family income. I don't recall reading what kind of work Lara did. Anybody know?

More from Melfa about JMK as JMK told him in 2000:

"He said his wife and kids got mad because he diverted the trip," said Dennis Melfa, who got to know Karr in Petaluma at a class for adults joining the Catholic church.

Karr said his family had been upset because he parked them in a motel for a full day "while he went out and walked around the grounds of JonBenet's house, and touched the house and felt things, and got a feel for the place," said Melfa, 59.

"He said it was for research for his book," Melfa said.--->>

During introductions at the group's first meeting, Melfa mentioned his involvement with a San Francisco barbershop chorus. Karr said he was a singer, too, and not long after Melfa took him to a tryout. Karr, a tenor, did well and was asked to return.

The way Karr presented himself impressed the group, the San Francisco Cable Car Chorus, as much as his voice. "He was the kind of guy who was always, like, on a performance, so they loved him," Melfa said.--->>

Karr drove a Jaguar, Melfa said, a fairly new model, and dressed "like he had money." However, court records of the Karrs' 2001 divorce show his wife brought in the bulk of the family's earnings.--->>

Melfa visited (JMK in jail) twice, once bringing novels to Karr.

"I wanted to try and figure out whether he was guilty or not, and I couldn't really tell," Melfa said. He recalled that Karr "was frightened" and insistent that he had been set up by Hutchens because he had been pressuring her to put him in touch with Davis.--->>

After Karr was released from jail in October, he began attending the 5 p.m. Saturday Mass at St. Vincent De Paul's. He hitchhiked or took a bus from Santa Rosa where he had arranged to trade labor for rent, Melfa said.

Karr stayed at the Bennett Valley home of Herb Willsmore, 60. Willsmore said a friend at the church had referred Karr to him.

"He crawled under the house and put in a water line; it was pretty good work," said Willsmore, who is disabled. "He was always wanting to talk.--->>

At dinner, Melfa said, Karr also said he was thinking about starting a church in San Francisco fashioned after "one those those Jim Bakker, great big revival type things."

"He figured with all those homeless, and all those lost souls in San Francisco, that he could lead them and really become something big doing that," Melfa said.--->>

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060827/NEWS/608270304/1033/NEWS01

Man this guy creeps me out. He is never short of ideas on how to "pump some air into a flat tire, and sell it", as my grandfather used to say. His simple way of saying that a person was an self-serving opportunist.

JMKarr's computer hard drive history:

On to a question Re: JMKarr's Computer Hard Drive (from Petaluma computer). I am wondering if the Sonoma PD kept JMKarr's hard drive to his computer, when they checked it out. Wondering now, if there would be additional information that would be yielded from a detailed forensic analysis of the data files, conducted by people whose agenda is driven by facts that relate to the JBR murder.

I am guessing that JMKarr knew how to trade/barter for stuff, using child "photos". Could he have used his computer, as well as someone else's computer? Could he have set up an account at a pedo gathering site, by using an internet cafe or friend's computer, thereby avoiding having the set-up and password in a file on his resident hard drive. I believe that Karr used a portal like Daxis in New Zealand, that is beyond the reach of local LE requests for the identity of a registered user. And he did not use his own computer to set up an account.

I also think JMKarr used the name "Daxis" to sign one or two (?) emails to Tracey, to test whether or not Tracey would recognize this portal/web host. Kind of like, the secret handshake. If Tracey recognize it, and asked, Karr would have known that perhaps he had more than a pen pal, but a play pal.
Onward.

tybee204 said:
Couey wasnt arrested in Savannah or Chatham County. He was arrested in Augusta after fleeing from Florida. Augusta is 150 miles North West of Savannah

Tybee,

are you ready for the coming storm?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member