A pregnant man ?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Capoly, I apologize if you read something into my comment that wasn't intentionally there. It happens a lot on message boards, forums and in email. I assure you, I wasn't trying to be condescending.

(snip)

Thank you for the explanation. It is appreciated.

I have sat quietly reading this thread intending to respond to the story after I read every post.. until I came across this, your post. youshouldveknown has been pretty much the only person acting mature and civil on this thread- how on earth can you claim otherwise?

I am sickened by how some people have resonded to this story. I keep reading attempts to justify reactions and the main thing I am seeing is-"ewww, he, she, it, gross!" and then "I have gay, transgender friends and they are wonderful people and I find nothing wrong with it but... eww, he she it." Like having a transgender friend makes it OK to slam this couple. It's obvious what these people really think about their transgender "friends" and that is sad!

I am so surprised by the responses here.. many by people I have had a reasonable amount of respect for. This ain't the 50's no more, times are changing, people are changing. This isn't your world, it's ours and these people deserve respect too. "It", wtf?![/QUOTE]

IMO "No one is denying that, honey!" is condescending in nature and is not conducive to mature discussion. Hence the "If you disagree with another member’s point of view, do so in a mature and civil manner."

All my posts have been included in this post. Please point to where in my posts you see me making these statements:

ewww, he, she, it, gross!"

have gay, transgender friends and they are wonderful people

I find nothing wrong with it

I did indeed write the following:

If my husband got pregnant......(yuck.....than double yuck as he's old).....he would be a pregnant man.

The yuck usage pertains to my husband.....you obviously weren't present during the sex-after-surgery discussion with the GYN Surgeon last week.....I love my husband but some of the 'here's-how-to' evoked numerous yucks from both of us....as well as laughter over the mental images of attempting such how-to's at our age.

My posts pertained to the physiological misrepresentation etc made by both Mr. Beatie and the media and physiological beliefs I hold. Not once did I use derogatory words to describe Mr. Beatie.

Please do not quote my posts unless you intend to address my words, and my words only, in a mature manner.

I quoted you and commented on what you said about another poster being rude to you... I had not thought the poster was rude. Then I moved on to other posts, to what others said. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was saying you said those things, that's not at all what I meant.

By the way, Mr. Beatie is considered a man, although he retains biological female organs. Referring to him as a woman is offensive. If you read anything about transgenders, you'll find that this could almost be the equivalent to calling a dwarf a midget. If you don't agree that he is male, then it's socially acceptable to refer to him as a transgender, but the pronouns should always consistant with the way the individual is currently living their life.

I found this website and thought it was interesting.

http://www.mlp.org/resources/mlptgn.html

Respectfully snipped. Thank you for the link. Lots of good info.

If anyone is interested, this is kind of a side-note to the biological aspect of transgendered individuals. I recently read this article about a "transexual gene" and found it interesting: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24556699-12377,00.html

I admit here that I only read/scanned through posts on this topic. So, be patient with me if I repeat someone else's thoughts in their post.

This is a woman who chose to be a male and yet retain his female organs. I do not care who he chooses to live his life or to have children. His choice. No, he is not "male" biologically. Physically, has breasts removed and took male hormones. So what. Live in the way you absolutely know is right for you. No harm, no foul. All that said....

I do not appreciate living through the media. I find it insulting to those who have gone through what this couple have. I think this is not about bringing it out there to educate with great respect to many like this couple. It comes across to me, even if this is not this couples intent, as gratuitous for only themselves. That bothers me alot.

My opinion, for what it's worth. :)

From what I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, but he also has Sexual Reassignment Surgery, meaning they formed a penis and scrotal sac. When a transgendered individual has SRS, they should be considered the sex post surgery. This is considered socially correct. He is a male. He is a transgendered male. He retained his uterus for reasons I've discussed above. It would have been a pointless surgery since hormones can be regulated through medication.

That is incorrect. "He" did not have a penis made.

From the website provided by "youshouldveknown":

"In general, the appropriate pronoun is the one which best describes the way the individual is living his or her life."

"When writing about transgendered people quotation marks should never be used around names or pronouns."

Please show respect. I'm not saying you have to like it, but at least be respectful. Please.

If you don't agree that he is male, then it's socially acceptable to refer to him as a transgender, but the pronouns should always consistant with the way the individual is currently living their life.

I found this website and thought it was interesting.

http://www.mlp.org/resources/mlptgn.html

That is incorrect. "He" did not have a penis made.

Mr Beatie was born female, named ***** *********, but had gender reassignment surgery and is now legally male and married to a woman.

Ergo, he is NOT a female.

A uterus isn't what makes me female.

....I think transgendered individuals are brave....

Me too. I also think this is a beautiful love story. Of course the media bills it as "Man Has Baby" because that sells papers, but I have been impressed with the things I have read about these two. I suspect that, in all the ways that matter, they they are just like the rest of who start a family.

I have one transgendered friend. She has had all the surgeries and does not have any male parts left. She's an amazing woman.

I don't fully understand why many folks are repulsed by transgendereds and/or intersexuals. Probably just because it is unusual and uncommon and we Americans like our sexuality wrapped up in nice neat little boxes!!:crazy:

I wish this couple the best with their expanding brood!

Oh but you were! And then you went on to say "there outta be a law".

This is the "there outta be a law" post. It pertained to reassignment surgery for babies..as far as I know there are no laws, and will it surprise you one day when it is done? Because you know most likely it will be attempted.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Ezryder9
Just wondering -- do you think they'll let the baby girl stay a baby girl? Or will they decide they would have rather had a boy, and change her sex to suit them? This whole thing kinda gives me a flashback to the old song "In the Year 2525..." Don't even remember if that's the right name. Don't even remember the year, but it's the phrase 'pick your son; pick your daughter, too, from the bottom of a long dark tube.' Arrgggghhhhh! There are just some things from the good old days that should stay the way they are!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I said...
At this point it would not surprise me...really there outta be a law. I don't remember the song you were talking about, but it does sound about right.

And as far as MY saying he/she/it..he was born a woman, science made him a man..then that MAN had a baby...which is impossible for a man that was born a man...I'll admit I should not have used the word it..I was wrong. And I really do not care what anybody thinks about anyone's posts about their gay or transgendered friends..most of the statements were made to prove a point. I'll say it again..I do have gay friends, I love them as much as anyone else..I have talked to them about this very subject and they have said pretty much what I have said here. Anyway...have a great day :)<!-- / message -->

Please show respect. I'm not saying you have to like it, but at least be respectful. Please.

How did I not show respect? Someone asked a question, I knew the answer so I answered it. How is that disrespectful? :confused:

How did I not show respect? Someone asked a question, I knew the answer so I answered it. How is that disrespectful? :confused:

I'm sorry. I was referring to your use of the quotes around "he". It is disrespectful to the individual to refer to them in quotes. I didn't mean you were disrespectful to a poster. My apologies.

Also, MsPooh, sorry about the confusion regarding your statement. I do agree with you about the law for sexual reassignment surgery for children up to a certain age.

I don't know the couple's motives but transgenders could use a bit more media exposure so people will see that they are just people. I have no qualms believing that nature made a mistake and they wish to correct that by being the gender they feel they should be. Makes sense to me.

The first page of this thread is sad reading.

Very well said, thank you! To be blunt, I am sickened by the lack of respect so many posters have shown here. I respect your opinions, I honestly do, but to say things like "that's disgusting", or to call him an "it" is just plain rude. And to not like it because you don't know how to explain it to your child? Let's face it, children will be exposed to all kinds of things in the world. This one is not that hard to explain. Some people are just born different.

We should all be, at the very least, TOLERANT of other peoples differences. This person wishes to live his life as a man. We should respect that. HE is still a person. "Technically" he may not be a pregnant man, but it's still not something you see every day.

I am extremely happy for him. He is happy. And I hope that his family can live and grow in peace.

ETA: November is Transgender Awareness Month. This Thursday is the 9th annual Transgender Day of Remembrance. Not trying to be rude, but maybe some of you should take this time to educate yourselves about some Transgender issues and stories.

Great post! and once he is done having the babies they will raise them and it will seem more "normal" but while hes going thru the pregnant phases of course its not going to be something people will accept easily. Im sure when they are out in public (although rarely I guess they are out and about) they probably look like a normal man and woman couple happily in love with their baby.

I don't know the couple's motives but transgenders could use a bit more media exposure so people will see that they are just people. I have no qualms believing that nature made a mistake and they wish to correct that by being the gender they feel they should be. Makes sense to me.

I agree so much with this.

Now that there are more supporters of this family and transgenders in general, it seems those against them (or those who thought it was 'yucky') have disappeared.

And I really do not care what anybody thinks about anyone's posts about their gay or transgendered friends..most of the statements were made to prove a point. I'll say it again..I do have gay friends, I love them as much as anyone else..I have talked to them about this very subject and they have said pretty much what I have said here.

Gay people and transgendered people are not one in the same. Because your friends agree with you only proves why you're friends.

Gay people can be just as prejudiced as straight people.

One year at my birthday party, in one room, straight people were talking about the gay people at the party. In another room, my gay friends were talking about the 'rednecks' in the next room.

(snip)

IMO The first page may be sad but the present page is the saddest. It's void of constructive dialogue on a subject that was worthy of it.

Opposing beliefs co-exist peacefully & respectfully in thousands of situations largely due to open dialogue. If dialogue can't get pass the 'believe as I do' stage than negativity continues to cycle.

The belief I hold regarding reproduction will not be changed by this issue because it is not a belief established by this issue. But I do hold opinionated beliefs specific to this issue which at this point still retain a negative slant.

So, IMO, the absence of constructive dialogue in this thread is sadder than the presence of any destructive dialogue. The only thing changed from the first page to the present page is the dominating belief......that's of no benefit to the issue at hand.

I am curious about one thing. I, even with my negative slant, find it demeaning that this thread is in the 'Bizarre and Off-Beat' Forum. I'm puzzled as to why those with a positive slant haven't requested the thread be relocated. 'Bizarre and Off-Beat' tends to work against acceptance.

I don't see the big deal in this story. Ms. Beattie is not a male, she was born female and her chromosomes agree. She is a very butch lesbian who should not be able to be legally recognized as a male without completing sex reassignment surgery.

She seems like a decent person, I watched her story last night on Discovery channel. I find it VERY odd that a person who wants to be legally recognised as a male would want to get pregnant not once, but twice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8xbet8vip
Back