A question for all our WS posters...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dara said:
In MA, we have a little heart instead of a dot.
Just went in a checked mine again, it's a pink dot that say Donor.

Hmmmmmmm, also noticed I have to renew next year.........LOL

Your father in law's body was probably long ago disposed of - there's only so long it stays fresh enough to be useful. 4 years - I'm sure it's gone.

I've got the dot too - when I'm dead, anything that is useful to anyone else can go to them - it'll be nice if something good can happen from it. It's so sad when so many people die because people neglect to sign their organ donor cards.

Magnum PI said:
Why are you horrified? He probably was of sound mind or whatever when he did it, and he probably also knew that they wouldn't be dressing him for dinner, so to speak, each night. He knew he could be disected and worse. Remember that song by John Prine "Please don't bury me under that cold, cold ground. No, I'd rather have them cut me up, and pass me all around" ... I have kids, and they know, and are ok with the fact that I will be cremated after they have harvested anything worth saving from my body. I know this is hard for most, but this is quickly becoming the best solution. I worked for a funeral home during my last year of High School. I actually worked there about a year and a half...this is a tough subject, I know...mpi

Oh, my. I'm giggling here, the thought of them dressing him up and taking him out to dinner....

We've known exactly what they were using the body for--I think my horror came from thinking that his body would be abandoned and wasted.

They were to cremate him after 5 years and send the ashes back to the family. I'm just thinking that might not happen.

But I dreamed of FIL last night, and I'm feeling so much better about it today. His life was long and full, and if his body's purpose has ended, so be it.

It was such a little thing compared to the great suffering of others, but once I'd gotten that thought into my head, I couldn't seem to shake it.

My MIL will also donate, as will both my parents. My hubby and I used to gripe that we wouldn't get a good funeral out of the four of them, but now we are donating our bodies, too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn
Back