A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No questions. Just want to give Cool Katie a big thank you for *all* your hard work. I can't tell you how many of us hang on your words and are so appreciative. So many of us are invested in this case. We truly care for the victim/family, so when you write they are not looking at her or they look disgusted or laugh at her, all of our hearts leap for joy! It does matter! Sparrow

thanks to all the court observers for taking the time to share their observations. does anyone know where Mike, the court reporter was today? and if he will be back in court tomorrow? i like Mike! i think he doees a great job!

From where I sit, I can see 7 screens with this bs on them and the huge jumbo tron. It's really just....horrible I'll say it. It's horrible.

Jury back...tri color very interested in JM's objections

CEO looks annoyed with this (more on this/him later).

How is this possible to play all of this out of context?\

Wrestler has his fingers laced in front of his face drumming fingers like you do when you're bored. he yawns from time to time.

this is a gratuitous stunt...makes it all appear one sided. Of course they know the real exhibit plays the WHOLE conversation.

Who wouldn't feel good turning on their sexual partner?

CEO makes brief eye contact with me (this kind of thing happening today as so many are looking out and of course I'm always studying them). I look away quickly of course. He just looks very irritated to me today. CEO is my choice for foreperson btw.

JM made a little eye contact with me again. Maybe it's because I was staring at him. lol (I literally wrote LOL on my page)

Aunt Heather is reading a book during sidebars.

NO jurors cracked a smile when Nurmi entertained himself with some kind of little joke (about her hypervigilant personality or something?).

<respectfully snipped>
NO jurors cracked a smile when Nurmi entertained himself with some kind of little joke (about her hypervigilant personality or something?).

hyper-literal personality.. and it was stricken from the record!! :great:

Katie, Thank you so much for all your insights! MUCH appreciated! (THREE gazes from JM? My heart would have been all aflutter!)

One question: Was there any sense of anger and outrage in the courtroom when that mash-up was first played? I honestly wanted to throw something at my TV screen!

Hugs and blessings to all the family members from Alabama - and to you for supporting them! You ROCK! :rocker:

Her face fell as she said "no I wasn't" to the question if she was his gf on 6/4/2008.

Afternoon 10 min break.

I speak to Jeff Gold who says the only reason that dvd came in was because this is a DP case. That makes me sick...one of the MANY ways "the worst of the worst" of our culture get preferential treatment. :furious:

On the break I gave Beth our gift/card and a card from me. I know she's busy doing stuff during breaks so only spoke with her briefly but she opened the gift and loved it and said she would wear it this week on the air! She was very appreciative. I will post a pic (A News Junkie I need you!) I snapped before I wrapped it so you can look for it. Yes I am that much of a nerd.

Jeff Gold said the "rape" comment coming in via the "Greatest Hits" dvd could qualify JM for a recross.

The hugging demonstration must have been highly rehearsed. Jodi had her arm wrapped around that defense attorney before Nurmi could hardly begin his sentence. Did you notice a lot of writing from jurors during that time and how did they react? Jodi looked quite pleased with herself. If I were that attorney I would not want Jodi's hands on me.

Her face fell as she said "no I wasn't" to the question if she was his gf on 6/4/2008.

Afternoon 10 min break.

I speak to Jeff Gold who says the only reason that dvd came in was because this is a DP case. That makes me sick...one of the MANY ways "the worst of the worst" of our culture get preferential treatment. :furious:

On the break I gave Beth our gift/card and a card from me. I know she's busy doing stuff during breaks so only spoke with her briefly but she opened the gift and loved it and said she would wear it this week on the air! She was very appreciative. I will post a pic (A News Junkie I need you!) I snapped before I wrapped it so you can look for it. Yes I am that much of a nerd.

Jeff Gold said the "rape" comment coming in via the "Greatest Hits" dvd could qualify JM for a recross.

Email it and I will hook you up! LOL

Talked with KatieDDJ and some other watchers on the break...she finds the jury very inattentive. she has a great view. She makes some very good points none of which I wrote down as my notebook is at my seat. She is very insightful on this trial.

CEO taking notes finally re: her "suicide" stuff.

Here she goes with her "a few reasons" thing again. Ugh.

This nothing negative in the journal business is negated by the fact that she admits about writing about suicide.

She's very animated talking about the Law of Attraction like she's giving a lecture. Ugh.

CEO looks totally annoyed today...not note taking, looking around, holding in a face that seems to be saying "oh please!" sometimes he's rocking in his seat. He's very different today...he just seems over it. Katie noticed this change as well.

From where I sit, I can see 7 screens with this bs on them and the huge jumbo tron. It's really just....horrible I'll say it. It's horrible.

Jury back...tri color very interested in JM's objections

CEO looks annoyed with this (more on this/him later).

How is this possible to play all of this out of context?\

Wrestler has his fingers laced in front of his face drumming fingers like you do when you're bored. he yawns from time to time.

this is a gratuitous stunt...makes it all appear one sided. Of course they know the real exhibit plays the WHOLE conversation.

Who wouldn't feel good turning on their sexual partner?

CEO makes brief eye contact with me (this kind of thing happening today as so many are looking out and of course I'm always studying them). I look away quickly of course. He just looks very irritated to me today. CEO is my choice for foreperson btw.

JM made a little eye contact with me again. Maybe it's because I was staring at him. lol (I literally wrote LOL on my page)

Aunt Heather is reading a book during sidebars.

During a long sidebar after the DVD played, the camera panned and when it showed you, you had a strong look of shock & disbelief on your face.

That one-sided tape is probably what they intended to use on Nurmi's direct but JM saved the day & they ended up playing the whole thing w/context instead. Thank you so much for your notes - they are the next best thing to being there.

which juror was the one that BK said threw up his right hand when approach was requested?

Thank you Katiecoolady!!!

How I wish I could catch Juan Martinez' eye!

Great notes about the jury--I thought that today might have made them want this trial to be over already. Nurmi is a piece of work.

The hugging demonstration must have been highly rehearsed. Jodi had her arm wrapped around that defense attorney before Nurmi could hardly begin his sentence. Did you notice a lot of writing from jurors during that time and how did they react? Jodi looked quite pleased with herself. If I were that attorney I would not want Jodi's hands on me.

Hmmmm, I wonder if that was one reason JW wore KMDFMP? So Jodi wouldn't look so much taller next to her.

She's full in to her Mother Teresa persona now...benevolent, spiritual..gag me.

It's exhausting listening to Nurmi trying to eek out a sentence..everyone is edgy..in the gallery and jurors.

Another juror question comes in...Maureen.

Wrestler yawning.

Jurors step up to attention when Juan gets up to voirdire her. It's finally the only energy in that courtroom today. Everyone wakes up and comes alive. Katie also noted this.

JA just seemed to look at me. Yuk.

Mitigation Spec. not in court today.

Maureen and Ponytail chatting, smiling. (must be one of many sidebars)

CEO sitting forward, head in hand, red faced. I've never seen him more annoyed or less attentive.

This is grueling...CEO is sitting chin in hand, head rhythmic bobbing like you do when you are impatient.

How is all this related to cross?

BOMBSHELL from the journal:

"kill all that is not serving me...eradicate..." (from JA's journal--THREE of us wrote that down when we compared notes after court)

"the darkness I feel is because of myself" TRUE!!

I know they have the judge's admonition, but I am really curious as long as they've had to endure this torture, if some haven't taken a peek at online info about this case. You have to admit, it would be really really tempting

Don't know if Katiecoolady knows about Jodi's friend Bryan Carr going on national tv (Nancy Grace) tonight claiming the second story Jodi Arias told the police is the TRUE story .... she is protecting her family but I'm sure she'll hear about it soon enough and will have plenty to say. I'll try to find a transcript or video.

I'm curious if he was in court today.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/03/04/arias-friend-reveals-his-shocking-theory

I didn't see him but I wasn't looking over there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89