a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious for those in the court room today. What were the reactions to question 98:

If one has suppressed feelings repeatedly would it be a natural reaction once the dam breaks, for example a gun shot that hits Travis, for all this repressed feelings to express themselves and carrying that violence to the extreme overall of stab wounds?

Any insights on which juror might possibly asked this?

I want to know if anyone noticed how different JA was behaving today after that strange exchange with JW regarding a particular juror? She is flirty and had her chair turned toward the left most of the day and was urging her implants to perk up, touching her neck and pulling her hair up etc...just very different behavior. I think she thinks one of them is caught in her web, the black widow that she is.

Do you think that the DV expert is going to testify just generally about battered women's syndrome and all of the different theories and patterns and explain the process or do you think she actually evaluated jodi & will testify that she was a battered woman. I just cant see why anyone who is respected in their field would want to risk their reputation basically vouchering for a sociopath & make it appear like she duped them too. Im curious to see how much this woman is willing to compromise what is clearly an established career in this field to defend someone who is obviously not a battered woman.

Well, she is one lucky lady! My GOSH, that voice...

In the interrogation tapes, It was difficult to reconcile the subject matter with the melodious sound of his oh-so-soothing voice... Good Lord, I'd have confessed to whatever he wanted, just so long as he kept talkin' to me! Whew! Maybe when it's all over, he'd be kind enough to read us all a bedtime story on a CD available for purchase... :) I'll take 3!

Oh I needed a good chuckle
:floorlaugh:

Thanks for your insight...did jurors seem more attentive when Mr Martinez started asking questions. Thanks

Oh my the courtroom just lit up when Mr. Juanderful started. He was not on yesterday when I was in the courtroom so today was a treat to see him.

One of the gallery person went through Jodi's family row to get to her seat and one of them jumped up and told her it was not a pass thru. That got our attention.

Then two women were seated directly behind Jodi's family and nodded her head continually in support of Travis. I thought this was surprising as we all know to not visibly react. Then during break or sidebar (sorry can't remember which) that same woman sitting with Jodi's mom again jumped up for the bailiff and proceeded to say the head-nodding woman behind her stated she wished Jodi was dead. The woman was ejected. We all sit there very silently because we know it is a privilege to be there and the rules are very important. It was pretty dumb to do that frankly IMO.

My impression of the jury is that it can be kind of sleepy at times unless Juan is up. And that is nothing against the jury, it can be tedious just period. Juan absolutely commands the courtroom with his strength and passion. His advocacy of justice is incredibly apparent and admirable. I don't find him unfair at all - he is simply direct and clear in laying out the facts. Just the facts, ma'am for those Dragnet fans. I believe in my heart we.will have a death penalty conviction.

Oh my the courtroom just lit up when Mr. Juanderful started. He was not on yesterday when I was in the courtroom so today was a treat to see him.

One of the gallery person went through Jodi's family row to get to her seat and one of them jumped up and told her it was not a pass thru. That got our attention.

Then two women were seated directly behind Jodi's family and nodded her head continually in support of Travis. I thought this was surprising as we all know to not visibly react. Then during break or sidebar (sorry can't remember which) that same woman sitting with Jodi's mom again jumped up for the bailiff and proceeded to say the head-nodding woman behind her stated she wished Jodi was dead. The woman was ejected. We all sit there very silently because we know it is a privilege to be there and the rules are very important. It was pretty dumb to do that frankly IMO.
That is really inappropriate. We can think it as much as we want but to say it out loud in a court of law behind her mother...just wrong. Kids get suspended from school and arrested for much less these days. Surprised she wasn't arrested for terroristic threats.

I want to know if anyone noticed how different JA was behaving today after that strange exchange with JW regarding a particular juror? She is flirty and had her chair turned toward the left most of the day and was urging her implants to perk up, touching her neck and pulling her hair up etc...just very different behavior. I think she thinks one of them is caught in her web, the black widow that she is.

Because Jodi is facing away from the gallery, unfortunately we cannot see her face. But when they bring her in and out of the courtroom, she is almost close enough to touch. I believe she is evil personified now that I've been there.

Just curious for those in the court room today. What were the reactions to question 98:

If one has suppressed feelings repeatedly would it be a natural reaction once the dam breaks, for example a gun shot that hits Travis, for all this repressed feelings to express themselves and carrying that violence to the extreme overall of stab wounds?

I have no idea whose question that was but don't you think it qualifies as a leading question? I didn't like that question.

Question please tell me how the jurors are numbered. Where is #1 sitting etc. please.

My impression of the jury is that it can be kind of sleepy at times unless Juan is up. And that is nothing against the jury, it can be tedious just period. Juan absolutely commands the courtroom with his strength and passion. His advocacy of justice is incredibly apparent and admirable. I don't find him unfair at all - he is simply direct and clear in laying out the facts. Just the facts, ma'am for those Dragnet fans. I believe in my heart we.will have a death penalty conviction.

I read today on WildAboutTrial that even when Juan was up the jury still looked bored and restless and tired and few took notes. Did you get that impression or was it like other days when they come to life when he begins? Do you think the listlessness is simply frustration with the Doc or with Juan or...idk, what's your view? TIA!

Wow good observation! And once again, she is using her right hand. When she cut her finger's at work rotating margarita glasses, it was the right hand. She said that had healed before going to Travis's. Then SHE says/lies that while she was at Travis's that morning she "dropped" a glass and cut her right fingers ONCE AGAIN while cleaning the broken glass up.
Don't get me wrong, I do believe her left bent finger was injured during the stuggle while killing TA. My question is why is it SO important for her to insist she is left handed? Is it because the cuts and bandaids where on the right finger when she went to Ryans? Although she wants to make sure all bases are covered by saying she is ambidexterous. Maybe it makes no difference at all in this case, it's just something that has really bothered me. Especially reaching back to "rotate" the cool glasses with the hot glasses that just came out of the dishwasher, wouldn't you use your most dominant hand?

I have no idea why she is stressing that being able to use either hand, however, I have seen her writing with both hands...she just has to give alot of details, had a son that used to lie alot, and my clue to when he was lying was he gave too many details...she does the same thing..

My daughter changed credit cards to take advantage of a special that gave enough points for a 2 night stay at a Marriott hotel. I wonder if the Marriott would let people donate their room points for Travis's family.

I have no idea whose question that was but don't you think it qualifies as a leading question? I didn't like that question.

I think the person that asked that question is the same person who asked if Travis' delay in getting to the closet door was because he was examining the camera. It just had that exact same speculative and rationalizing tone. Maybe this is a person who sympathized with Jodi at first but cannot ignore the overwhelming evidence of premeditation but is still trying, grasping to give her the benefit of the doubt. It bothers me. Hopefully the other astute jurors who are paying attention will straighten this one out or that person will get kicked off. :moo:

Question please tell me how the jurors are numbered. Where is #1 sitting etc. please.

I believe it starts with 1 at the left as you are facing the jury but I'm not actually sure. I only think that because someone pointed out juror 5 due to the controversy so I believe that is correct. I'm a newbie in the courtroom still.

I read today on WildAboutTrial that even when Juan was up the jury still looked bored and restless and tired and few took notes. Did you get that impression or was it like other days when they come to life when he begins? Do you think the listlessness is simply frustration with the Doc or with Juan or...idk, what's your view? TIA!

My general first hand impression is that the jury is pretty darned attentive - unlike my impression of what I thought it would be.

I believe it starts with 1 at the left as you are facing the jury but I'm not actually sure. I only think that because someone pointed out juror 5 due to the controversy so I believe that is correct. I'm a newbie in the courtroom still.

So maybe I can figure it out. 5 is tri-color hair...1st row or second? And 5 from which direction?

This was one of the very few questions that bothered me. It sounds like at least one person is trying to give reason for the overkill within her story. :thud:

Based on the list on page 1 with the nicknames...

1 is the front to the right if facing the jury - Church Lady. (Closest to Jodi)

Back row starts at 10 - Barb closest to Jodi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member