a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi's Mom.....{sigh}. I truly feel for this woman, not only because she has an evil child but also because of my personal experience with someone quite similar to Jodi. I'm sure her Mom has been put through hell for the past 32 years. People with personality disorders have an amazing ability to make everyone around them feel like they are the crazy ones. Jodi's Mom may still be feeling this crazy tornado of feelings that some how she is indirectly responsible for Jodi's actions. I sincerely hope that her Mom is or will seek out counseling.

In a strange way, her Mom may really want Jody to be locked up for the rest of her life. Dealing with a personality disordered person is exhausting and it can completely consume you. At least with Jodi in prison, her family can have some peace. I know from experience that it is very difficult to come to terms with loving a PD person but also wanting something, anything to happen to allow you to break free from them.

Just my thoughts :blushing:

Agree with all you said but the counseling part!!!! Ew!!! Just imagine getting a counselor like Dr. Samuels. IMo, shrinks become shrinks because they need help themselves. A loving family around her and good friends and the Lord God will help her more than any shrink ever could?

There was also another question that bothered me. It was basically giving the Doc an out to say the rope story of Jodi straddling Travis and him cutting the rope (huh?) was referring to another day other than June 4th. He said yes, it was June 4th. Again, this kind of sounds like the same person. They are grasping at things with no evidentiary support.

But we have some amazingly astute jurors that I hope take the lead in the deliberating room. One question really impressed me. He said the stranger assault was referring to something must have happened 6 months to 3 years prior to the test. He/she is on the ball. They know Jodi could not have been referring to the alleged knife mugging from when she was 13. Awesome.

Re: Jodi catching the jury's eye: I think she was just trying hard yesterday and watching them closely to see if they'd look at or notice her. That moment with Wilmott it looked she noticed one doing something. It looked to me like she was just observing him, maybe even making fun of him. I think Wilmott is being nice and just humoring her but isn't that interested in what she was saying. She turned around and smiled and said, "oh," and turned back around again quickly, like, "Oh, funny...whatever now, I'm busy." I did not get the impression at all that she was communicating with a juror or that he was noticing her. I think people are just needlessly worrying. I DO worry about that sympathetic juror though...hope their number is called in the alternate lottery...crossing fingers.

...JA may have been just trying to catch the juror's attention.. remember when you were in high school and you see a boy you like... you might make some sort of small commotion so he would look your way... then the flirting could start... jodi is so scary and creepy... she tries to hide behind a meek demeanor and we all know what she did... not what she is 'capable' of doing...but what she actually DID...

I have been upset when she is laughing during very serious testimony. As a mother, I could never laugh while my daughter was charged with and committed a premeditated murder. MOO.

However, I believe Jodi was born evil. If you have a chance watch the new parts on her arrest video. She has her head down, fake hard crying and Det Flores says she is beginning to see what she has done ( my words ) and she says to him, "No I am just thinking of what I will miss out on.". All about Jodi.

So yes, I feel for her mother on that level because Jodi is a monster.

The interrogation tape (new) they played on HLN
Jodi crying and Flores asks her! If it was FINALY hitting her! She says no im crying because of everything I'm going to miss out on!
Not verbatim

I think the person that asked that question is the same person who asked if Travis' delay in getting to the closet door was because he was examining the camera. It just had that exact same speculative and rationalizing tone. Maybe this is a person who sympathized with Jodi at first but cannot ignore the overwhelming evidence of premeditation but is still trying, grasping to give her the benefit of the doubt. It bothers me. Hopefully the other astute jurors who are paying attention will straighten this one out or that person will get kicked off. :moo:

Good points! Seems a first hurdle might be to acknowledge there was no rope and no gun in the closet.

I don't think the juror questioning the date of Samuels' rope story was trying to give him an out. It's more like "Did I hear that right?" question. And he got him to commit to June 4th before Wilmott got a chance to twist it around. Good question!

I don't think the juror questioning the date of Samuels' rope story was trying to give him an out. It's more like "Did I hear that right?" question. And he got him to commit to June 4th before Wilmott got a chance to twist it around. Good question!

That's a good point. Maybe you're right. But, either way, he committed to June 4th so that person got their answer which is good!

Prayers for Jodi's mom and family also. I too will pray for Jodi. After conviction ( can't muster it up now even though that does not make me a good person).

And I do not need to mention this probably, already on the prayer wheel for Travis' family and KCL and her brother.

Late last night ! Ryan smith was talking about the interrogation video! With jodi and Flores ! Jodi asked! if he had been in contact with her family! he said yes! and they weren't surprised!! She was arrested and killing travis?:please:

Anyone know about this please!

I can't say I'm feeling any sympathy for Jodi's family! Until I learn the background story from a reliable journalist as to their family dynamics, the only opinion I have thus formed, is that I find her mother and aunt to be as emotionless as she is. Especially telling is the aunt's constant smirk, considering the real bloodbath her niece is accused of causing.

Seems to me her personality disorder could have a lot to do with heredity and environmental influences more than it does with her just being born a bad seed!

The interrogation tape (new) they played on HLN
Jodi crying and Flores asks her! If it was FINALY hitting her! She says no im crying because of everything I'm going to miss out on!
Not verbatim

Yes! That's it. Thank you katiedid2.
Sickening huh?
:seeya:

Late last night ! Ryan smith was talking about the interrogation video! With jodi and Flores ! Jodi asked! if he had been in contact with her family! he said yes! and they weren't surprised!! She was arrested and killing travis?:please:

Anyone know about this please!

I looked at LN right now and nothing is there. If there is a clip please post the lik.
I would love to see this part of the interrogation.

Good morning everyone. I finally wake up without my first thought "ok where do I need to go right now and how do I need to dress" and jumping out of bed. In fact I'm still in bed.

I'm gonna take my laptop next door to the little espresso shop here in a bit and listen to their jazzy music and do my notes once I get up and moving. I took pages and pages yesterday and I don't know why...weird!

Just to follow up with my post last night about Jodi's mom (thanks for indulging me and the feedback even if you don't agree..I get it, it's all good). I attended the Scott Peterson trial as you know, many times. I had an almost identical encounter with Jackie Peterson in the bathroom. I can't say I felt anything remotely like what I have felt just on a gut level, just on a body level for lack of anything else, that I have with Jodi's mom. I felt like Jackie helped raise that monster. I felt like she was disordered herself and manipulative and frankly not a person who inspired compassion from me. His Dad though, that was kinda different.

I have not feared and despised a person on this Earth I don't think as much as I do Jodi Arias.

I don't agree with some of the mom/sis's behaviors...yet I just keep developing this deep compassion for her which isn't something my head can explain very well. That's all.

And on another note, I hope the camera didn't catch ME laughing yesterday in the pm session as I sat with my friend Jake and we giggle and giggle all the time..we are like two kids on the playground. It's dangerous for me to sit with him! (and we are both murder victims' siblings--kinda weird huh).

Anyway, again thanks for indulging my thoughts. I am actually really moved by what I felt yesterday , still. So I'll just do what I do with all of that and have a moment with some tears today. :seeya:
So glad to see you have the same feelings as I do Katie..it scares the heck out of me for having such bad thoughts of someone I have never met.

I can honestly say that I feel the deepest hatred for Jodi, Scott Peterson, and CA. All three of them are evil, evil wastes of skin.

So glad to see you have the same feelings as I do Katie..it scares the heck out of me for having such bad thoughts of someone I have never met.

Many of us have been talking about how so many wonderful people have gathered in the name of justice for Travis and his family. It's like the darkest evil is bringing out the brightest light. That's the best way I can explain it.

I can't say I'm feeling any sympathy for Jodi's family! Until I learn the background story from a reliable journalist as to their family dynamics, the only opinion I have thus formed, is that I find her mother and aunt to be as emotionless as she is. Especially telling is the aunt's constant smirk, considering the real bloodbath her niece is accused of causing.

Seems to me her personality disorder could have a lot to do with heredity and environmental influences more than it does with her just being born a bad seed!

I have to admit that if my child...and let's face it even if grown they are still your child, were facing the D.P. nothing anyone would say or do could bring a smile to my face let alone a full out laugh! But hey different strokes for different folks I guess.

I have to admit that if my child...and let's face it even if grown they are still your child, were facing the D.P. nothing anyone would say or do could bring a smile to my face let alone a full out laugh! But hey different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm there with you on it

So for those who think that "beyond a reasonable doubt" means "beyond any possible doubt"...

--------------
Clipped for space by me. Not sure I did any of that quoting correctly. :doh:
I just wanted to add that I like how Marcia Clark (OJ) put it: to make sure that it is reasonable doubt and not a reason TO doubt.

I'm with you! There's been one incident! That one of travis sisters upset left the courtroom! Mom and aunt looked over! And giggled. I have no compassion for this mother. It's not her fault! She gave birth to Sybil! But it is her fault! Her actions in the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur