a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Katie, we were discussing this on the gen thread earlier today and Karmady said she checked it out from the public computers at the court where there is more info and the protective order on the docket was an order to prevent anyone accessing DT fee history. But maybe this is something new?

I dunno...this order was just placed TODAY 3/22/2013 so very new!

In Death Penalty trials the perp becomes like royalty with even more "specialness" attached to them. The saving grace is JA thrives on attention and sitting for 23 hours in a cell with no human contact even when out for that one hour will be punishment for her for the rest of her miserable life.

Our prosecutor was known for always holding a pen during her closing and sort of tapping her palm with it (her signature move) but in our case she used my sister's necklace (which I had gifted her). <3

Katie,
I have the feeling that anyone you become connected to becomes one of your friends. (if they are a good person that is) Your Sister's prosecutor obviously felt the love and energy of Cindy and you and brought that into the Courtroom. I think one of the reasons you have a special connection to victims families in many cases is because you have lived it. Laci's Mother and Travis' family can feel your light and energy.

When I was a bailiff and handled DP cases, our prosecutors were always so kind and aware of the family. It sounds like Juan does that too. Nothing gets past the Jury. They see everything. I am SURE when this trial is over and they can talk we will hear about how much they cared for Travis' sweet family. That was one of my favorite times. Talking to the Jurors after the trial. Love and hugs to you and your brother

I'm a fighter, too. I was kidnapped at age 13--long story short, I was in a car with a man who wouldn't let me out in rural Minnesota. He grabbed my crotch and I balled up my fist and hit him, screaming "Don't' you f-ing touch me!!!" Later I had to calm him down and persuade him to stop the car by promising I wouldn't call the police. I'll never forget that adrenaline when my feet touched the sidewalk--I ran almost 5 miles without pause, and I could have run even more.

I also had a man walk into my apt in Houston while I was naked & drying my hair in the bathroom--I dropped the dryer and started SCREAMING at him to get out--I was walking towards him just making this horrible screaming & f-bombs, and my neighbors said the guy looked traumatized when he ran out. He had been peeping in my window, I later found out.

There is no way for Samuels to "diagnose" all human beings and decide what they would do in any situation.

I had almost the same kidnapping situation happen to me when I was 15. I fought him off with my flute case, causing him to hit the brakes a little, then jumped out of the still-moving car onto the dirt road, and ran as fast as I could AWAY from my house so he couldn't follow me there (but toward "civilization"). I don't recall any thought process behind any of these "decisions" except for running away from my house.

I dunno...this order was just placed TODAY 3/22/2013 so very new!

yes, that's the one we were discussing from today's docket and Karmady checked it out today..but maybe there are 2 new things going on. Interesting

Now it's getting to the point where the discussion about the OT nature of this thread is becoming it's own OT discussion. lol It's like an MC Escher etching where reality just keeps reflecting in on itself. AndI just did it myself.

I think pretty much all the posts today are close to on topic to the observations with the exception of a turkey dinner thrown in. :moo:

I think we should have a Meta-Thread to discuss all actual or proposed thread arrangements.... :truce:

The first thing I want to post is to transcribe exactly what Samantha wrote in my journal about donations:

Paypal address: justice4travisalexander@gmail.com

Direct mail: Samantha Alexander
PO Box 130023
Carlsbad, CA 92013

Make checks out to : Samantha Alexander

(feel free to copy and paste this elsewhere)

Thank you for posting this this. I just sent what I could.

Thank you. I hope this jury finds her guilty. I am so worried because it only takes one person. I was wondering the above due to the fact that it could be a possibility one of the jurors believes her self defense nonsense and another juror could say that if it was SD, then why did she use excessive force to finish him off instead of wounding him enough for her to get away.

JMO.....I think the lunge that Jodie descibes Travis did to her when she dropped the camera was in fact Travis responding to the gunshot to the head. He came out of the shower to the sink where she kept stabbibg him in the back. By this time he fell to hos knees and crawled down the hall at which time she sliced his throat. Murders should be excuted the same way they murdered imo. I jsutr caught Heraldo on Bill O'Riley saying that he though she could get 2nd degree or manslaugher if the defense could make a good argument how this poor defensive woman was in fear for her life and had to do all the slaughtering to ensure her saftey.....What Bullcrap:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I brought this over from the long weekend thread to see what KCL thinks about this.

I'm not feeling well so I watched today's testimony archived on Youtube. Here are some observations I made:

Some of the juror questions make me believe that there are jurors who are buying the BS Gus Jr. is selling, and it aint a prepaid legal card.

Some of the juror questions make me believe that there are jurors who have Jodi nailed as exactly what she is.

Those two thoughts lead me to believe that it will be a lengthy deliberation.

I think some jurors believe that he deliberately changed the numbers on Jodi's tests and others don't. One thing that bothers me is that JM never mentioned whether it made the score better or worse for Jodi.

(I just saw on NG Mysteries that it was helpful to her.)

I think the defense did a much better job of rehabilitating Gus Jr. with the jury questions and Wilmotts recross. JM did his usual good job of cross, but I don't think he did much new damage. He does however have three days to prepare some more questions.

I've heard that Gus Jr. sent Jodi greeting cards, but I don't recall that ever being said. I think it would have come up in jury questions. Does anyone have a link to it?

(NG Mysteries just mentioned it, and someone on the other thread it was objected to and never brought up again. Does anyone know why?)

Personally, I think that Gus Jr. fell under the spell that JA seems to have over men for a little while. I think he tailored some of her tests in order to make her look better.

All JMO

Katie,
I posted this earlier and wanted your thoughts on which juror you think asked this question and the jurors reactions to the answer, as I thought this threw his whole testimony out?

Juror question: since you didn't meet with jodi until Dec 2009, isn't it fair to say you cannot be sure she suffered from PTSD?

Answer: correct

What's your or any other observer thoughts on that?

I guess I'm confused- I thought you were the Katie that always sits on the left during the 'Jurors' section of Dr Drew show?

I gotta tell ya, yesterday (for the first time) I had an OMG moment watching the 3 sitting behind JA's mom & aunt. They were out of control; acting like they're at a party or a bar's happy hour. Even the pool camera guy seemed interested, kept going back to them..Still not sure if it was one of them who were ousted. It was a dark haired lady & a blond laughing, & talking very loudly..yikes.

BBM.....that's something I wondered about. Are there actual CAMERAMEN in the courtroom, or are they automatic cameras on the walls?

Inquiring mind wants to know.

I brought this over from the long weekend thread to see what KCL thinks about this.

Dr Drew commented on the change of scoring on the test- he said Dr Samuels increased the number of symptoms she had that were indicative of PTSD from 15 to 17 IIRC- to make it all the more convincing...

Me too!! I was astounded looking at his website..one big advertisement! He's selling his 'services' to defense attorney's looking to excuse the criminal behavior of a client. Almost guarantees he'll come up with something to benefit a defendant in front of a jury.

Anyone think Juan will submit a screen shot or two into evidence? Is that legal? Gosh, I sure hope so..

Everyone has their price. I wonder if his was worth it?

I have been reading WS for a few weeks now and I first would like to say to KCL, Pasa, nursebee and the others, I really appreciate the time, effort, money, and emotional toll you take on to keep us informed. Special healing energy and thoughts to you and yours.
You are an amazing insightful group. I find it amazing the support you all give to the many people on this site and through your works. Especially to the Alexander family.
I just wanted to thank you all for simply being you.:rocker:

Hi Katie, we were discussing this on the gen thread earlier today and Karmady said she checked it out from the public computers at the court where there is more info and the protective order on the docket was an order to prevent anyone accessing DT fee history. But maybe this is something new?

I think it's the same one. Some people just jump to conclusions, and then others repeat what they said with no concern for accuracy.

I've heard that Gus Jr. sent Jodi greeting cards, but I don't recall that ever being said. I think it would have come up in jury questions. Does anyone have a link to it?

(NG Mysteries just mentioned it, and someone on the other thread it was objected to and never brought up again. Does anyone know why?)

BBM -

You might have already gotten an answer to this, but I remember. I believe it wasn't addressed again because Nurmi said it was going down a path that would lead to his attempts to withdraw from the case. He said Jodi was "depressed" because he was trying to be removed and the card was meant for HIM. He said that JW would not be able to properly cross him on the subject because she wasn't on the case yet. JM said "I was there and the card was for HER" Nurmi argued that Dr. S answering questions about it without being able to explain the situation wouldn't be fair. Blah blah blah. I don't remember exactly what he said, but that's the gist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics