a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even Dr Quack said she had a personality disorder when answering the jury question. But he didn't say he explored it. LOL

As if that would have no bearing on her motivations for murder here.

goofy_yellow_duck_quack_quack_quack_whatever_poster-ra58526aeb31e4c1cba514cf58e222d42_jur_400.jpg

Why is everyone so up in arms about the psychologist being paid ?Referring to him as Dr.$ The judge is paid, JM is paid, the defense is paid. Does anyone really expect that any professional witness is doing anything for free. And $250 an hour is not unreasonable. Again, why would anyone expect complete impartiality. He was hired by the defnese..not the court. I would be intersted though to know if the defense had had JA evaluated by anyone else and never shared that if the results were not to their liking.

MOO, but I think "everyone is so up in arms" because his evaluation in this case gives all appearance that his "hypothesis" was delivered to him ahead of time by the defense team and he trumped up testing and everything else that he claims factors into his evaluation to arrive at that predetermined diagnosis. Normally, an expert would evaluate a defendant and THEN the defense would determine their course of action based on his evaluation. The cart doesn't normally drive the horse with medical professionals, unless they are borderline unethical and solely performing for personal gain.

I can't imagine being in her shoes either BUT I do know that if that was me sitting in the courtroom I would be, as another member posted earlier, on my knees begging Travis's family for forgiveness for what my child had done to their loved one, I would be sitting in that seat with my eyes focused on those participating in the court proceedings and not only would I be respectful and considerate of what Travis's family is going through, better believe that I would be demanding the same consideration from any of my family and friends who were in the courtroom also. I also wouldn't be running up to the bailiff and tattling on others who are reacting to the horrendous crime my child committed for ANY reason.

Lol! I TOTALLY agree...very well said! Like you, I am a more direct person and would most definitely be offering my sympathy (heck, I'd probably be sitting on the victims side of the court!).... But Jodi's mom has been described as a simple woman who most likely has very different social graces than mine own... By this point I would have also spoken out in the media as to the way I felt...

Loving your child is very different than condoning their behavior... Jodi is responsible for her own actions... Not her mom... and when Jodi was younger I'm sure she had issues, but not as severe as now... I think that as she's gotten older she has progressively gotten worse...to the point where she is now...PURE EVIL!

I just can't imagine Jodi's mom believing that Jodi acted in self defense...I think she KNOWS her daughter is a sociopath... This does not make laughing at inappropriate times ok...and despite what they might look like, I have been hoping that the laughs and snickers have been because of their pure shock at some of the things that Jodi has said or done...

I would also "like to believe" that Jodi's mom is afraid of her daughter and probably wants her not to ever get out of jail!

(Lol...again..what I would 'like' to believe of Jodi's mom may very well be completely different from actuality... But I'm sort of a Pollyanna type, and this is only what I "would like to believe" so I don't completely go crazy watching them laugh and snicker!)

MOO, but I think "everyone is so up in arms" because his evaluation in this case gives all appearance that his "hypothesis" was delivered to him ahead of time by the defense team and he trumped up testing and everything else that he claims factors into his evaluation to arrive at that predetermined diagnosis. Normally, an expert would evaluate a defendant and THEN the defense would determine their course of action based on his evaluation. The cart doesn't normally drive the horse with medical professionals, unless they are borderline unethical and solely performing for personal gain.

I think the cart then the horse, in that order, crossed over that borderline back in NJ and went on a cross country pioneering expedition all the way to AZ with that wagon full o' unethics. ;)

I think RS was going to write a book and said this case would help him. Someone heard him say this outside the courtroom, maybe Dr Drew's Jurors?
I wonder if LaViolence is writing one?

Who is RS?? :blushing:

Even Dr Quack said she had a personality disorder when answering the jury question. But he didn't say he explored it. LOL

That's true, which is scary. He knows she has a disorder that could potentially allow her to commit a cold blooded crime without remorse, and he ignored it. And now he is fighting to have this dangerous individual released back into society. I hope Demarte explores this PD thing more and goes into details what such a thing could do to a person. I am also hoping there is a person in the medical or psychological field who understand these things. A couple of juror questions kind of led me to believe there might be.

I think the cart then the horse, in that order, crossed over that borderline back in NJ and went on a cross country pioneering expedition all the way to AZ with that wagon full o' unethics. ;)

Yes, I was being far too kind in MY evaluation!! LOL!!

I've been ambivalent about the global elephant sign as it really was just one of the sisters' symbols and I didn't know how it would apply to the whole family ya know? But then I just saw Samantha's letter to someone saying she had elephants all around her house as well (wild).

The only issue I have with these is they are kind of useless to use without backs to attach them with...thoughts? But I love the sentiment.

Hello. I'm new here but I have a question for you katiecoolady: you said "But then I just saw Samantha's letter to someone saying she had elephants all around her house as well (wild)."
Could you please tell me where I could read that letter?
Thank you. Y'all have a really nice forum here!!

Who is RS?? :blushing:

The expert, Richard Samuels, who has been attempting to convince everyone that he is a professional expert in diagnosing PTSD. He has also been referenced as Dick, Dr. Aflak,& $amuel$

He was paid 250 an hr. for the above. He knew what was expected of him.

Son of Sam law will prohibit her from every profitting from the crime...I don't think she has enough money to file a wrongful death suit in a civil trial but maybe they will anyway to secure that. We didn't in our case.

Unfortunately it hasn't prevented Jodi's family from "brokering" her pseudo artwork for monetary gain.

Hello. I'm new here but I have a question for you katiecoolady: you said "But then I just saw Samantha's letter to someone saying she had elephants all around her house as well (wild)."
Could you please tell me where I could read that letter?
Thank you. Y'all have a really nice forum here!!

I went searching and can't find it now...maybe someone decided to delete it as it was a personal letter or maybe sent to me in a PM. But I did read it and she said she also had elephants all around her house. :)

Unfortunately it hasn't prevented Jodi's family from "brokering" her pseudo artwork for monetary gain.

True. does anyone actually think people are buying her "artwork" for those amounts? It just seems to me like a big PR stunt.

True. does anyone actually think people are buying her "artwork" for those amounts? It just seems to me like a big PR stunt.

Poor Jodi. Average looks, average artwork no one is purchasing and her parents didn't compliment her about, below standard student, but brilliant psychopath!

True, but I didn't think it would be so obvious with the discarding certain disorders, the cards & book, and re-scoring tests. It also seems to me that he met her with PTSD already in mind. I just don't get any impartiality from him.

I find him hinky. (iPad auto-corrected that to hunky. No!!!)

I'd really love to know more about the cards. If it/they were for Nurmi, why would he give me to Jodi? Just mail'em!

ITA. It was/is Samuel's job to give a diagnosis of what is WRONG with Jodi. To create an equation which grants a dispensation for the horrendous crime she committed. Psych evaluation is, IMO, subjective unless there is a physical brain abnormality.

Fact is Jodi CHOSE to murder and butcher Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JediKaty