a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even thou I originally posted this info I do have to question it because... this would've been a HUGE ordeal as to motive! And it would've helped explain her 'sunblock' purchase. So wouldn't Juan have brought this out?

It's very easy to check records especially if she bought the ticket(s) online through say....Expedia or Orbitz or even through the airline itself. I'm sure Martinez and Flores thought about this possibility.

It would've only taken a few hours to research this out seeing they had the departure/arrival dates! Plus it's not like they had to search every airport in the country. Jodi could've only flown out of so many surrounding airports including Phoenix. Now THAT would be something if this ticket originated from Arizona. Which would strongly imply she planned on staying with Travis from June 4 thru the 10th.

But then again, we have the rental car to consider. Why would she pay for a car to have it sit in an airport?
When did she reserve the car? Does anyone know?

Not sure how the gun theft ties into this though unless she was planning on killing his new girlfriend (of which she slashed her tires)

But on the flipside, from Jodi's short history with Travis, she constantly showed up unannounced, uninvited and unwanted. So not sure what to think.

Oh and ----WS community rocks!!! :rocker:

My understanding from the article about "Jodi was supposed to go on the Cancun trip" is not that she actually had a ticket or was "booked" on the trip but just that Travis had told PrePaid Legal that his companion for the prize trip would be Jodi, then later changed it to Mimi.

ALL of the REAL women I've seen interviewed (and, granting there are probably those I have not seen that are LaViolette fans) fighting against domestic violence are appalled at the damage this claim does for REAL victims. What does that say for LaViolette?

A first Q JM could ask is "do you always defend fairy tale characters" or something to that effect:great:

Can someone tell me how to get a check to Samantha Alexander to help the family with their expences? I know it's probably in here somewhere, but I'm just too lazy to search through all these posts for it!
Thank you for any help , Guys!

Why do the transcripts always leave out all of the testimony that was given during these hearings?!:maddening: That's not fair!:tears:

The transcripts don't. That was just a minute entry (summary of events that day). You can get the audio for $20 per day. :)

Son of Sam law will prohibit her from every profitting from the crime...I don't think she has enough money to file a wrongful death suit in a civil trial but maybe they will anyway to secure that. We didn't in our case.

It is much too late for a wrongful death suit. AZ statute of limitations is 2 years.

Permission granted by parent to share these darling angels!!!!!!!!!!!!
Travisangels_Animation.gif
These are Pasa's kids? Just adorable!!!

The first time I saw him speak to her was the day she took the stand. Before that he never looked at her or spoke to her, that I saw. He's spoken to her once or twice (very briefly) since she testi-lied.

He tried to get off the case and request denied.

This week he was speaking to her (why jenny was busy doing something) and Jodi started to speak and I think he told her to shut up and listen, because she looked down and he kept talking. Makes you wonder what he was telling her?

Ok, I'm gonna make ONE MORE post about the complaints about this thread and then do my level best to stay ON TOPIC and stop addressing it. Because the spirit of this thread, our support of this trial and this family is to bring LIGHT to the situation, not Downerville and believe me these complaints have been seriously killing my buzz if you can't tell.

1. This thread is NOT exclusively just for observations.

2. The observations generate questions and discussion.

3. 1+2 = this will never be a thread you can just "pop on" and find the observations. There will always be some kind of need for you to search for the observations. On your own.

4. Those of us serving up our observations are doing enough to just do that. To expect us to alter them or in some way do something to make them more convenient to read is just not reasonable and it's not happening. WE ARE DOING ENOUGH. Now of course if you want to send PASA and I a car service to take us to court, a perdiem for our meals and HH and a hotel to stay in should we get tired one evening, then we'll talk. Oops, wrong show, that was Ricki Lake.

5. In every thread there are occasional OT posts, jokes, tangents that briefly come in. If someone was to do a forensic analysis of this thread, I"m sure they would find the vast majority of posts are questions and discussion about the observations. Not even the observations themselves which make up a small portion of it. It's reasonable to have discussion over those observations. That's what WS is about--DISCUSSION. By it's very nature, even with an occasional OT post, you will have to find YOUR OWN SYSTEM to find the actual observations. <mod snip>

<mod snip>

I think that's it.

Now I'm going back to read what I find to be pertinent points and questions to respond to (you see we are not only posting observations but we follow up with questions and sometimes take "assignments" to take in to court). That is the point of this entire endeavor second to supporting the family which is my (and PASA's) primary goal here.

And then, I'm taking my Badass self in to my Sunday and outside after a nice cup of coffee.

:seeya:

i can't believe this hasn't been quoted already ! good post, <mod snip>
<mod snip>
thank you from all that agree. :seeya:

I have been reading about Alyce La Violette and I do think that her testimony will not be a repeat of Dr RS. She seems to have very decided views and has no trouble putting her opinion forward. Is anyone worried about her testimony swaying any the jurors toward seeing JA as an abused, battered woman?

ME!!!!!!!! I have been bringing this up for weeks and weeks!!!!!
She is the DT 's "ace in the hole "...(ewwww no pun intended)...Juan will handle her, but she could easily sway a juror. ALV could be the difference between LWOP or the needle.
moo.

If you click on klc's name she posted the PO box at the beginning of her notes from court Thursday in this thread. Sorry I don't remember the post number but I know I read it today.

Also, Tanisha's PO box is listed on the 'support for Travis Alexanders family, Facebook page in the about section along with the link to Paypal.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

I see JM as passionate and yes, I have seen him emotional too. When JM was cross examining Dick after the juror questions, my notes read "JM is pizzed at this guy". This was as he was just getting into the differences in the scorings on the PSD raw data forms. Here you have an "expert" on the stand who has sworn to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and IMO JM takes this oath very seriously and considered a line had been seriously breached.

I get tired of the TH who criticize JM for his aggressive style, saying he has one note only in the courtroom. For anyone who has observed him, he there is modulation in his tone and approach. I can recall more than once when he used a quiet, almost defeated "sounding" tone with JA, "I'm not asking you that, am I ma'am?"

BTW, have watched some footage of JM in other cases and "Do you have a problem with your memory?" seems to be a standard question for him.

Where have you found other footage of JM's other trials? Can you post links please?

I'm not afraid of LaViolette--you can't diagnose the abuse excuse if your client is a pathological liar. End of story.

I'm going to add my own .02, too. Most DV victims live with their abuser and find anyway to get out of the house or situation by any means ie, planning, help, etc. and never come back when they do escape.

JA, is the only person on this earth that claims DV - from a person who made it clear he is through with her and to stay away from him.

There is not one example that I know of - in a DV situation where the perpetrator kicked the victim out to safety. Hellooooo.

It's as bad as her claiming PTSD, which I think the bonafide quack confused with a STD test. {oops}

If you click on klc's name she posted the PO box at the beginning of her notes from court Thursday in this thread. Sorry I don't remember the post number but I know I read it today.

Also, Tanisha's PO box is listed on the 'support for Travis Alexanders family, Facebook page in the about section along with the link to Paypal.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

I went a huntin earlier and couldn't find it on the thread and I hope that doesn't mean it was deleted because someone reported it (ugh). I got that info IN court from Samantha..cat sitting right now so don't have it handy. The PayPal addy is justice4travisalexander@gmail.com though.

I received $300 in donations to hand deliver on Monday since thurs. :)

i can't believe this hasn't been quoted already ! good post,<mod snip>
<mod snip>
thank you from all that agree. :seeya:

Omg that made me lol. I was also reminded of a pm I got (who was it I forgot now..maybe you!). Where she said " just tell them to go play a game of hide , seek and go F yourself" . :floorlaugh: I don't think I will say any of that in court...just keepin it on topic.

I also decided that I'm gonna make a copy of websters page that has the word veracity on it for writing a thank you note to jM at the end of the trial. :rocker:

Question for court observers... whatever happened to the "dear friend" of Jodi's, the guy (of course) who visited her in jail for the longest time and appeared in the gallery for awhile? Is he still around? He is the one who said that Jodi told him she would be out in a short time. I forgot what he said her thinking was. I don't recall hearing about him since?
You might be talking about Bryan Carr. He started talking about Blood Atonement and I think he was jettisoned from the inner circle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor