a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Katiecoolady, as my daughter would say, you are a beast! (and that's a very good thing...) :)

Your notes about the jury and happenings in the courtroom are so wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to do this for us.. On top of that, you're a ferocious advocate for Travis & his family..and KatieDDJ, and...my goodness, who wouldn't want you on their side??
Seriously, you are an extraordinary woman... And there aren't many of those around these days!

Thank you for the time you put into this, it is so appreciated.. :)

Thank you to your daughter! lol I'm a Scorpio and one thing I am is ferociously loyal. Ask the nurses at the hospital where my brother is. ;)

Thanks so much...makes me feel good to read that...I hope to live up to all of your perceptions of me. :seeya:

Well she can entertain herself with those thoughts while doing headstands 23 hours a day of interminable boredom (not whoredom as she certainly would prefer) in a 7X12 place she calls home. For the rest of her miserable life.

Thats right. I guess thats the time she will live in a alternate reality. Or a fog.

No males taking notes during this "argument" where Travis supposedly throws her to the ground.

JM note taking re: could she leave or not? Mentions WDe Marte's report.

I'm calling my 4 pack on the back now a 5 pack. Adding Headphones. All 5 mimic each other's stances/postures.

Wrestler, Headphones both have hands over mouth.

HW most attentive, most notes.

"an inkling" ALV smiles , JW giggles, not one juror cracks a smile.

CEO barely and rarely looks at the witness.

I'm glad to know headphones has been added to the pack. I think he's on our side. :)

KCL, did you happen to notice (or hear about) JA smirking...no, she was practically laughing - at ALV's reference to "Travis must've been on crack to think..."whatever, something...(I wasn't paying attention)..
I saw it on a replay later in the evening, not sure where..

They are both disgusting finding that so funny. Oh she was blah blah blahing about how Jodi was (maybe or maybe not as she's always lying) calling him nuts over something and then ALV says she actually said he was "on crack". Very funny Alyce! Making a joke about someone on drugs! Well aren't you just the comedienne Ms. Social Worker! blech.

Well she can entertain herself with those thoughts while doing headstands 23 hours a day of interminable boredom (not whoredom as she certainly would prefer) in a 7X12 place she calls home. For the rest of her miserable life.

:floorlaugh: Post of the day!!!

On a side note... It was NOT her.

I think Juan Martinez can use a vacation when this is over. But not before he steps out onto the courthouse steps for autographs and picture taking session.

I do believe she testified she's not EVER counseled an abused man. Surprised? Not me.

Not surprised at all. :) Women are weakling victims, all men are abusers.

I feel like I'm in a 1960's time warp.

Yes! Gotta say, it's been a rough going. Hearing that the male jurors have all just had it with her and with the male bashing is a relief. It truly is. I was talking to my husband today, as well. Not only did he say this would make him mad, but he would feel insulted at the obvious manipulation of this testimony and this entire defense, particularly, Jodi trying to use her sexuality and femininity to win the male jurors. Says he'd see right through it and not be impressed at all. These men aren't stupid. I am not surprised that all this endless sex talk and victim bashing is wearing the men's patience thin.

No males taking notes during this "argument" where Travis supposedly throws her to the ground.

JM note taking re: could she leave or not? Mentions WDe Marte's report.

I'm calling my 4 pack on the back now a 5 pack. Adding Headphones. All 5 mimic each other's stances/postures.

Wrestler, Headphones both have hands over mouth.

HW most attentive, most notes.

"an inkling" ALV smiles , JW giggles, not one juror cracks a smile.

CEO barely and rarely looks at the witness.
Thank you KCL for your posts. I realize we can never know what a jury will do (still disgusted about FCAs jury) but somehow hearing your descriptions helps my heart to not feel so sick while listening to this testimony. Since we could only see the cheery attorney, JA, and the witness most of the past few days it becomes scary that the jury might be buying what they're selling. Knowing that the jury isn't hanging on her every word really does help those of us at home. Thank you SO much! Hoping for a better day tomorrow for all of you.

Thank you to your daughter! lol I'm a Scorpio and one thing I am is ferociously loyal. Ask the nurses at the hospital where my brother is. ;)

Thanks so much...makes me feel good to read that...I hope to live up to all of your perceptions of me. :seeya:

Oh, you already have. I pictured you jumping in the bat mobile, racing to the courthouse to love on KatieDDJ, then racing onward to the hospital to love on sweet Alphonse..
Then, into the bat mobile again ~ To the realtor! We need housing for the Alexander's! and on and on it goes!

You need a cape and your own theme music, lady!! Beast I say!!

Seriously, I don't think I've ever told anyone they're "extraordinary" before, but you just are! It fits! :)

They are both disgusting finding that so funny. Oh she was blah blah blahing about how Jodi was (maybe or maybe not as she's always lying) calling him nuts over something and then ALV says she actually said he was "on crack". Very funny Alyce! Making a joke about someone on drugs! Well aren't you just the comedienne Ms. Social Worker! blech.

So awful, who in her profession does that??
(My daughter is in her final year of school, getting her bachelors in social work.. She wants to work in drug/alcohol rehabilitation & treatment!)

The laugh from JA, it was much bigger than when she 'thought' she zinged JM that day. This was pronounced, I was really surprised she did that with the jury in the room..

Oh, you already have. I pictured you jumping in the bat mobile, racing to the courthouse to love on KatieDDJ, then racing onward to the hospital to love on sweet Alphonse..
Then, into the bat mobile again ~ To the realtor! We need housing for the Alexander's! and on and on it goes!

You need a cape and your own theme music, lady!! Beast I say!!

Seriously, I don't think I've ever told anyone they're "extraordinary" before, but you just are! It fits! :)

You're embarrasing me now! lol but I like the idea of a bat mobile...can it be pink? lol

Yes! Gotta say, it's been a rough going. Hearing that the male jurors have all just had it with her and with the male bashing is a relief. It truly is. I was talking to my husband today, as well. Not only did he say this would make him mad, but he would feel insulted at the obvious manipulation of this testimony and this entire defense, particularly, Jodi trying to use her sexuality and femininity to win the male jurors. Says he'd see right through it and not be impressed at all. These men aren't stupid. I am not surprised that all this endless sex talk and victim bashing is wearing the men's patience thin.

But for me, that's what hit me today ~ as much as I hate it, the jury probably hates it more, and I'm no longer concerned about the verdict. The more the defense goes on, the more they'll hate her and the easier it's becoming to not only vote guilty of 1st degree premeditated in less than an hour - but it will not be difficult to vote DP in that phase either.

Yeah, keep it up guys - you're really winning this group over..I can't imagine what they must think of her at this point.

I don't think the women are liking what she is saying either. They are wives and mothers. Maybe they have sons too.

AVL sits there day after day bashing men. It's despicable. MOO

During break I asked Jeff Gold if he thought ALV was watching the trial, he disagrees (I still think she has been).

Weird guy from last week who followed us to lunch sitting right next to Katie over there. I see her get up during break to move 2 seats over and he leaves (still weird). She started telling me about it at HH but we got distracted..will ask her tomorrow what happened there.

On break JA showing JW something in her notebook. She's holding it up and pointing at something.

Back to testimony....

Headphones/CPA both hand over mouth.

ALV seems less confident today. When she exited the stand to hit the ladies room I assume, she sustains kind of plaintive eye contact w/ someone on the public side..as she walks right past T's family. She seems more vulnerable today. Maybe gearing up for being shredded in credibility by Juan Martinez? I think this jury will be ok if he addresses her aggressively. I think she's earned it.

I also have thought all along she watches and has heard testimony of some sort. I'm sure of it - gut feeling.

I don't think the women are liking what she is saying either. They are wives and mothers. Maybe they have sons too.

AVL sits there day after day bashing men. It's despicable. MOO

You going down at all this week PASA?

I know we are trying to keep discussion out of this thread, so I'll try to keep this part short, but I think using that Lisa Daidone email will backfire, tremendously. Lisa has already testified about that email. She has cleared it up and Juan put it to rest. Lisa said Travis was very respectful and kind to her. The jury has not forgotten. Hearing ALV try and spin it to the defense is a bad, bad idea. It'll make the jury wonder what other emails (Sky Hughes', in particular), she's been trying to spin, as well. I think it's just OTT at this point. No one taught this DT less is more. They just push and push and push and push...it's too much.

Also, KCL, a question. Maybe you couldn't tell, but do you think that ALV's loss of confidence is because she can tell her words are not really landing with the jury anymore? Someone posted earlier that she sort of looked that way at one point, then looked away kind of dejected. If the jury is that upset with all this, maybe she can tell? What do you think?

Thanks for the notes. When they took the early break I was all, oh noes! But I forgot you got the inside scoop ;) so glad you got in. Also, if it's been rough on us, God, Travis' poor family, must be having the worst time. Just the worst. You are great support for them. It's wonderful.

Per KCL: Weird guy from last week who followed us to lunch sitting right next to Katie over there. I see her get up during break to move 2 seats over and he leaves (still weird). She started telling me about it at HH but we got distracted..will ask her tomorrow what happened there.

Please tell her to be careful from all of us 'worry-mom's'.. No going to the car alone! :) Who knows what that guys up to! She's so sweet & pretty, not surprising some freak is showing up trying to get close to her.. weirdo.

I know we are trying to keep discussion out of this thread, so I'll try to keep this part short, but I think using that Lisa Daidone email will backfire, tremendously. Lisa has already testified about that email. She has cleared it up and Juan put it to rest. Lisa said Travis was very respectful and kind to her. The jury has not forgotten. Hearing ALV try and spin it to the defense is a bad, bad idea. It'll make the jury wonder what other emails (Sky Hughes', in particular), she's been trying to spin, as well. I think it's just OTT at this point. No one taught this DT less is more. They just push and push and push and push...it's too much.

Also, KCL, a question. Maybe you couldn't tell, but do you think that ALV's loss of confidence is because she can tell her words are not really landing with the jury anymore? Someone posted earlier that she sort of looked that way at one point, then looked away kind of dejected. If the jury is that upset with all this, maybe she can tell? What do you think?

Thanks for the notes. When they took the early break I was all, oh noes! But I forgot you got the inside scoop ;) so glad you got in. Also, if it's been rough on us, God, Travis' poor family, must be having the worst time. Just the worst. You are great support for them. It's wonderful.

I don't know really. I saw her say something snarky about Travis then immediately look at his family. I just keep going back to the man who was there to support her the first day and sat next to one of my court watcher friends and told her he was there because she was terrified to testify.

I think she was full of confidence while lecturing to the jury on the basics of Battered women and abuse 101. Now that it's gotten to this murder, she's out of her comfort zone (as she should be) and we're seeing that "terrified" emotion her friend talked about. that's what I'm wondering....

I don't know really. I saw her say something snarky about Travis then immediately look at his family. I just keep going back to the man who was there to support her the first day and sat next to one of my court watcher friends and told her he was there because she was terrified to testify.

I think she was full of confidence while lecturing to the jury on the basics of Battered women and abuse 101. Now that it's gotten to this murder, she's out of her comfort zone (as she should be) and we're seeing that "terrified" emotion her friend talked about. that's what I'm wondering....

That definitely makes sense. She can probably feel the gravity of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper