a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, you could very well be right.

Either way, I don't believe her and I doubt the jury is buying her story.

I agree and think that tactic could also try to divert-attention from the fact that she misspoke ? ( remember Dr$) based on the early confusing lies - and in fact that there was no *advertiser censored*, or such on Travis Alexander's computers, or phones- only ones planted there by JA.

All the *advertiser censored* was however in Jodi's computer and phones in numerous forms, and in her pervie blackmailing mind and character assassinating testimony.

Next installment: (taking a break from the hot sun)
Meanwhile back at the courthouse.....

Another sidebar-
I look at the jury and notice Paul Rudd looking towards the public side of the gallery. I suspect they are looking for tri-color. Church Lady back to her normal looking forward position.
Ponytail and Maureen chatting during the sidebar like BFFs comparing their nails.

Sidebar over-
ALV babbling on about women Travis sent text messages to. This has what to do with this trial and his brutal murder???
Oh here we go, Mormon bashing again. It's old and I'm tired of it. Again, about Travis being Mormon gives ja the right to murder him? This is complete bull, sickening.

One of the texts mentions his head between her legs. Good gawd, who cares, he was a sexually active man. So What!! It has nothing to do with killing him. That particular girl didn't kill him. Let's move on, please!
He tells girl (one of those in texts) he is going to commit suicide if she doesn't come over. Sounds like he is joking. I would want to know the context. It's not how ALV is making it out to be. She has gone so low she's out the bottom of the barrel and halfway to China.

I catch myself rolling my eyes. Gotta get that in check. Haven't been here in a couple of weeks and forgot how to behave. Hard not to express disgust at this te$timony.

Maria- More sex talk. Person behind me says "Gawd". The gallery is weary of the sex talk and blaming the victim by the defense and their expert.
Shatania- More sex talk. He's pushing boundries. I call it seeing how far he can get. It becomes an issue if there is force or the other person is uncomfortable and unable to make it stop. ALV is so out of touch, I wonder if she has a clue what dating life is like.

Back from break-
The bailiff saw my blue ribbon and told me we aren't allowed to wear them anymore. I wasn't going to argue and risk getting thrown out. It's easier to remove it than to cause any issue for the trial.
Cane Lady is 2 down. She says we are allowed to wear them. I told her I wasn't going to push the issue. She told me she has hers on. I said your hair covers it and she probably didn't see it. Next think I know bailiff sees her ribbon and instructs her to remove it. She told Valerie (bailiff) we can wear them. Valerie says "who told you that". Cane Lady (CL) says "Tanisha". I'm thinking, "way to throw Tanisha under the bus". Just MOO. So, it's back to no ribbon wearing in the courtroom.

Awww thank you. That was after a full day of court and Happy Hour w/ my hair up one minute and down (hot flashes lol). So...thank you doubly so! :blushing:

When I was younger it would take me close to an hour to look half as god as you and that look didn't last as long as yours. You are just a natural beauty. Thanks for all you do:great:

This was posted on the weekend thread....I am bringing it over here in case Katie or PASA can throw some light on who these women are.

This is what I was talking about... the camera was still on after court ended. I don't know who the ladies were but they seemed to know Alyce. Maybe someone else knows who they are?

http://youtu.be/fQmeOdmvUMA?t=25s
[/QUOTE]

I don't know who they are. I really didn't pay any attention to them. I believe they are friends of ALV.
Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'll ask around if I see them again as to who they are.

I wonder how far the defense will go to cause a mistrial?

IMO they'd stop altogether if the Judge advises Nurmi he had to stay on to defend her in the next trial because switching lawyers at this point would waste time and money.

I would not be surprised if the whole thing on sequestering the jury was not intentionally put out there on Thursday by the DT to see if anyone on the jury hears about it over the weekend. I honestly feel that by their slow pacing they are trying to take down the jury, one by one. They don't seem able to get a mistrial any other way, so why not put that out there and see if any of the jurors (or their family members) react. I feel so sorry for these jurors to put THEIR lives on hold for someone like JA. I know there are trials that have gone on longer, but the delays in this trial have been ridiculous.

I hope that the DT have completely underestimated this jury. I know in the Sweat Lodge trial, the defense team made a huge mistake doing that. They (the DT) were a real arrogant bunch...although they did believe in the "Secret" :facepalm:

This was posted on the weekend thread....I am bringing it over here in case Katie or PASA can throw some light on who these women are.

This is what I was talking about... the camera was still on after court ended. I don't know who the ladies were but they seemed to know Alyce. Maybe someone else knows who they are?

[/quote]

I am bad a facial recognition - any way it is either or both of the ladies - older and less dressed?
lalafriends_zpse45b7ee1.jpg

Katie I do have another q, sorry for taking up the thread. Do you know did this incident happen before or after Nurmi hugged ALV?

I think it was before the hug. The hug was after court was done for the day.

IMO they'd stop altogether if the Judge advises Nurmi he had to stay on to defend her in the next trial because switching lawyers at this point would waste time and money.

^^^^ this exactly

BBM

He wants off this case so bad he can taste it. In his little mind a mistrial would mean new counsel, and he'd be off the hook... He's got sexual predators to defend. Lawd knows we have enough of them awaiting trial.

She wanted to promote her new book
and top up her retirement fund? :waiting: :sheesh:

I would like to know how much Samuels and LaViolette have made to date.

[/QUOTE]

Seems to me that they're friends of ALV's since she left with them and they were sitting in the same place that ALV's gentleman friend was sitting in court (last two seats of the 2nd row).

Those are the two responsible for the uproarious laughter at "Are you mad at me?", followed by many chuckles and covering the mouth/hiding the face episodes throughout the Snow White stuff (little cottage, don't know the age of the dwarfs, etc.). They got quite a kick out of ALV's little performance while they sat less than 25 feet away from the family who will live the rest of their days without their beloved brother at the hands of the murderous stalker ALV was so tickled to be defending.

Earth to ALV and her "fan club": This is a death penalty murder trial, not a comedy show. Someone's life was taken, and someone else's life is at stake. I fail to see what makes any of that amusing.

I am bad a facial recognition - any way it is either or both of the ladies - older and less dressed?
lalafriends_zpse45b7ee1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but I don't think so. I will pay closer attention if I can go next week and they are there.
I am pretty sure they were not in the public waiting area with the rest of us.

Seems to me that they're friends of ALV's since she left with them and they were sitting in the same place that ALV's gentleman friend was sitting in court (last two seats of the 2nd row).

Those are the two responsible for the uproarious laughter at "Are you mad at me?", followed by many chuckles and covering the mouth/hiding the face episodes throughout the Snow White stuff (little cottage, don't know the age of the dwarfs, etc.). They got quite a kick out of ALV's little performance while they sat less than 25 feet away from the family who will live the rest of their days without their beloved brother at the hands of the murderous stalker ALV was so tickled to be defending.

Earth to ALV and her "fan club": This is a death penalty murder trial, not a comedy show. Someone's life was taken, and someone else's life is at stake. I fail to see what makes any of that amusing.[/QUOTE]

You are so right. There is nothing amusing about the crime and the trial.

I didn't see those ladies laughing spent most of my time writing and observing the jury. I did hear laughing and then the judge told the gallery not to laugh. I heard a man laugh pretty loud and it startled me.

Musings on ALV....
If Defense could have hired a PhD to testify, I 'm sure they would have. Prosecution's expert is a PhD I believe. I doubt she testifies much in court. She would have known not to approach Samantha. She wants JM to ask her questions about evidence the way JW did! "If you'll show me .....Mr. Martinez." Me thinks she can't remember details unless they are in front of her to refresh. IMO, she is used to giving workshops with catchy titles to reel in attendees. I've been to my share of continuing education education presentations where the "catchy title" resembled little of the seminar. IF it's too cute....She is skilled at keeping her clothes in good shape. 2008 video attire was seen in court this week. She seems to me to be skilled at discussing DV in general terms, but not as an expert witness in a court of law. Surprised JM didn't challenge her expert designation, but perhaps he saw enough ways to discredit her on the stand so that he didn't object. More later !

Isn't that a clever literary devise called "foreshadowing"? :smile:

LOL! I'm almost to the odor part. I'm going to chat with my husband so he isn't totally ignored and then I will be to that part of the story. It's coming up next. :)

I'm on the fence about this. I really don't think her parents are bad people. The only dislike I have is the way the mom/aunt react sometimes in court. Through the police videos and some of the stuff JA testified to, they sound like pretty decent people trying to parent (unsuccessfully) a crazy person. If they only way mom can be at court everyday is to sign on to Dr. Phil, I guess a mom does what she has to do. Not saying I'd do this, but nobody knows what they would do in this type of situation unless they've lived it. JA is still her kid.

I'm sure Travis' family could sell themselves to reality tv if they wanted and have their expenses paid. They have taken another road. A very respectable road.

I may get trashed here but I am starting to think that Jodie has learned some of her behavior from her mother:doh:

I'm on the fence about this. I really don't think her parents are bad people. The only dislike I have is the way the mom/aunt react sometimes in court. Through the police videos and some of the stuff JA testified to, they sound like pretty decent people trying to parent (unsuccessfully) a crazy person. If they only way mom can be at court everyday is to sign on to Dr. Phil, I guess a mom does what she has to do. Not saying I'd do this, but nobody knows what they would do in this type of situation unless they've lived it. JA is still her kid.

I'm sure Travis' family could sell themselves to reality tv if they wanted and have their expenses paid. They have taken another road. A very respectable road.

I may get trashed here but I am starting to think that Jodie has learned some of her behavior from her mother:doh: Sandy suspected Jodie had something to do with Travis killing but emotions go opposite of Jodies..maybe over reactin if she suspected Jodie at all. Knew about 9 mm gun 25mm ammo in her home... I just suspect Sandy is also a fake moo

ALV isn't doing this for money I don't think. As some of you have mentioned it's narcissism. She feels entitled to her deep-seated hatred for men. She'd rather support a female terrorist than a battered man.

I think it's for money. She has her belief system and when this phone call came in she probably thought she won the lottery.

I don't doubt for a minute that the DT had watched her on YouTube and heard through the grapevine what her views are. Nurmi may have known her through the court system.

Most of us weren't buying the hardcore feminist stuff back in the 70's. It was a group of women like her who were beating that drum. MOO

I was a teenager in the 70's. We just assumed we were equal PERIOD and went back to wearing our bras because lets face it, the girls are more comfortable that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro