a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All!

This is my first time posting on here so I feel like I have sooo much to say but will keep it brief and on topic as best I can. First off, I love having the first hand accounts by KCL and others on here as it really helps me get a feel for the trial happenings and the mood in the courtroom and also really helps me catch up on days I can't tune in.

I have been following the case for a while now and have now resorted to watching the trial at my desk with one headphone in when no one is looking so I can stay tuned. :rocker:

Juan Martinez is captivating! I feel like popping popcorn to sit down and watch him and sometimes am at the edge of my seat to see what he will say next. Juan seems particularly on point today and I keep cracking smiles as he hits on a good point or gets this poor excuse for an expert to say something wrong.

I also want to note that I keep seeing ALV look over at JW and Nurmi whenever she doesn't know what to do. JW nods at her as if she had coached her and is nodding that the answer was "correct."

Just a slightly off topic note, I watch the trial and a few HLN shows at night after work and have been lately making my bf watch with me. He was watching last night laughing at ALV and her telling JM to take a time out and thinks she looks completely incompetent. He also then asked me, "who is that fat, gross man leaning back in his chair picking his nose? He's gross" hahaha. I said that's her defense attorney, Nurmi. He was like "Ewww. He doesn't even ever seem to do anything, why is the woman doing all the talking? He's only seen snippets here and there of the trial and knows what a useless blob Nurmi is. When I started explaining all the objections and sidebars to him he was really shocked to learn that the defense team can exclude evidence that would be critical to the case (such as her interrogation interview headstand, this manifesto, etc.) and how much the defense is getting away with. He had such a better impression of the fairness of the law and I can't help but agree. I love that the accused have rights which is meant to protect the rights of the potentially innocent but what about the victim's rights?? What about the right's Travis had/has? Her whole defense is based on a lie solely "witnessed" by her and since the true victim, Travis, is dead because of her actions and cannot assert himself, her "experts" are saying she is right because they can't talk to him and based on what they have seen (been shown/told by the defense) she is right. I feel like she and defense team are abusing the law and not enough is being done to protect Travis's rights. At least today the Judge did take a stand about how she has to answer the question yes or no but I still feel this defense team and ALV need to be taken down a peg and made to at least adhere to the law and proper courtroom decorum.

-Gabi

Oh, my goodness! I have been away from WS for far too long---I have missed SO much.

Katie and Kathy--thank you. You are both "special friends." (That was a funny story!)

I am glad your brother is home and doing better, Kathy. I really think the worst thing I've ever experienced was the illness of my brother; there's something so special about that relationship.

Before I go off to read everything I've missed as I've sat glued to HLN (pretending to work simultaneously)...

what an excellent analysis of the true nature of ALV's bloated C.V., or resume. The defense team was apparently taken in by her self-promotion but instead, imo, they got taken for a ride!
(respectfully snipped)

It's my understanding that they were in a quandary: no well-credentialed, qualified DV expert in AZ would become involved with the case. No well-credentialed, qualified DV expert anywhere would take the case.

Alyce is as good as they could get. And she's shown that she's just not good enough.

Now off to read the 8 million posts I've missed. I'm glad I thought to pop in today.

HLN guest TH (sorry, I don't know his name - he's probably a lawyer, older, yellow tie) just had a great point: Travis may have gone back and had relations with Jodi after they broke up because because that's how abused people act, and HE was the one that was abused!

Lol, ja took off her glasses to be able to scatch whatever it is she is drawing, so glasses is just another fraud on her part.

Good morning, KT! It's comical how so many of us have such a crush on Juan. I bet he's in shock over all his publicity! lol. Wondering if you know how old he is. Just curious. I can't find this info anywhere.

It's because there are so few real men out there , slim pickin's for single, divorced or widowed woman !:please:

Hi All!

Juan Martinez is captivating! I feel like popping popcorn to sit down and watch him and sometimes am at the edge of my seat to see what he will say next. Juan seems particularly on point today and I keep cracking smiles as he hits on a good point or gets this poor excuse for an expert to say something wrong.

-Gabi

Welcome, from another newbie (last week)! Now that you mention it, I did notice that JM seems more energized than even his usual energizer bunny self.

And I know it's been worrisome, but I've heard from one of the WS official courtwatchers that this is, let's just say, very much turning in favor of the State.

:welcome:

Lol, ja took off her glasses to be able to scatch whatever it is she is drawing, so glasses is just another fraud on her part.
I was watching her and I think she is writing. My theory is she is penning a book about this trial so she can sell it and make lots of money! Kindof like her other writings and ramblings.
She is a legend in her own mind.

I see some moments where AL looks desperately to the jury...when answering a question...are they engaged with her whatsoever any longer??

I've really wondered, as this progresses, what "look" JA's going for, especially with that perpetual goofy/bewildered/"who, me?" look on her face.

I've really wondered, as this progresses, what "look" JA's going for, especially with that perpetual goofy/bewildered/"who, me? look on her face.

To me she seems much more interested in whatever she is writing/drawing in front of her than the consequences of the little old annoying trial that is going on around her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To me she seems much more interested in whatever she is writing/drawing in front of her than the consequences of the little old annoying trial that is going on around her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly have no way of knowing, but IMO she is trying very very hard to remain calm. But she is FURIOUS. The writing drawing is helping her stay calm and not get zapped! JMO of course.

Wow! Kcl and observer notes are going to be fascinating from today. Just wow!

When did JA mom start wearing blue ribbons also?

Attachments

• 58798_147032022141632_1818657978_n.jpg
    58798_147032022141632_1818657978_n.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 39
I was watching her and I think she is writing. My theory is she is penning a book about this trial so she can sell it and make lots of money! Kindof like her other writings and ramblings.
She is a legend in her own mind.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit.

GET OUTTA MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I made note of a few things earlier on this and after yesterday - it really struck me that one trained the other and I just now finished tossing this together to ask KCL and PASA the same thing!

trainedalike3_zpsa73df591.jpg

There isn't a "Thanks" button big enough for this! Amazing!

I see some moments where AL looks desperately to the jury...when answering a question...are they engaged with her whatsoever any longer??

I don't think so. I am hearing some are looking down. Hope to know more this afternoon. Several of us here for afternoon session. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove