a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been posted earlier. If so please excuse:

4/10/2013 MOT - Motion - Party (001) 4/10/2013 NOTE: DEFENDANT’S MOTION TO COMPEL; JOURNALS SEIZED FROM MS. ARIAS’ JAIL CELL ON OR ABOUT APRIL 1, 2013

Gotta plead ignorance on this one. What does that mean, "Defendant's motion to compel," in this situation?

Yes she did indeed look tired and I'm thinking that part of this is her slow realization that JA totally lied to her as well as the fact that she has been "played" by JW and KN. Remember when she let slip that she had been given and/or seen only certain items of the whole investigation to use in her assessment? (I'm paraphrasing here.) Well, through JM's cross, I think she's beginning to see that perhaps, just perhaps her assessment leaves a lot to be desired - and not necessarily through any fault of her own but because JW and KN tailored the "collateral" information that she saw and now her reputation is going down the toilet due to the DT's sneaky moves. And while I don't like ALV any more than the rest of you, if my supposition is correct - well then I kinda have to feel a tad bit sorry for her.

My thoughts exactly.

I saw this the other day live and asked my sister if she saw this. I searched for it on afternoon day 41 and made this quick video. I have never done this but after watching it, it seems more apparent that she was on the edge. I was wondering if anyone noticed this in the courtroom. I actually see two flip offs , one at the beginning, and then the glasses adjustment.

Tell me what you think, I slowed down the "flip off" but even in real time, it is quick but vigorous.
http://youtu.be/5M3LUlaf6XU

I expect JA to turn on this jury as soon as guilty is announced and no telling what will happened!

I'd like to ask this of the Legal experts here:

How many DV experts were interviewed & turned down prior to DT settling on LAV?

also:

What is the difference between a "DV expert" in a criminal trial vs a "Forensic DV expert" in a criminal trial.

Thank you!

I saw this the other day live and asked my sister if she saw this. I searched for it on afternoon day 41 and made this quick video. I have never done this but after watching it, it seems more apparent that she was on the edge. I was wondering if anyone noticed this in the courtroom. I actually see two flip offs , one at the beginning, and then the glasses adjustment.

Tell me what you think, I slowed down the "flip off" but even in real time, it is quick but vigorous.
http://youtu.be/5M3LUlaf6XU

look at her eyes in this video..........:what:

Here's the thing. The jury has seen Juan Martinez doing his job day in and day out. Those of us who have watched every single day and every single minute of this trial have also seen Juan Martinez doing his job day in and day out.

We get him. I believe the jury gets him. The only talking head I have any respect for is Beth Karas. And Beth does not give a lot of personal opinions.

So many of the other talking heads are just so obviously "performers". And many of them make obvious mistakes when it comes to the facts.

Anyone who is saying that Alyce is doing a good job during this cross-examination is just plain not speaking truth.

I have a huge crush on Juan now! The man has the patience of a saint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to ask this of the Legal experts here:

How many DV experts were interviewed & turned down prior to DT settling on LAV?

also:

What is the difference between a "DV expert" in a criminal trial vs a "Forensic DV expert" in a criminal trial.

Thank you!

Hi Diva, we have a wonderful thread for the legal questions that are answered by verified attorneys. Here is the link____

Jodi Arias Legal Question and Answer Thread *no discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I don't think so. I am hearing some are looking down. Hope to know more this afternoon. Several of us here for afternoon session. :)

Thank you so much for posting a reply!!! I guess I can finish doing my dreaded housework while re ~ direct tears its head.:) :great:

Defense wants them handed over?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm guessing JA wants her journals back.

Since it says they were seized on April 1, 2013, then either Sheriff Joe or the State took them, and the defense wants them back.

IMHO, the state seized them, if there is any writing in pen (remember all the blue pens she got in trouble for hiding), I'm guessing they want to run chemical tests to see if the same pens were used to "create" all the journals that ALV relied on for her assessment of JA.

I would like to know WHERE all the journals they've been using in court were found....

Question for the observers...from the jury's vanage point, are they able to see JA and JW's interactions? (the high school girl antics/giggling, the unprofessionalism of JW, as well as JA calling the objection shots for JW to make)
If they can see them, have you noticed any jurors watching them or look at JA during sidebars? Is JA is in the direct line of vision when the attorneys question the witnesses? She has been very animated this week and was hoping the jurors have been able to see it.
TIA (apologies if already asked and answered)

Can someone who is in court notify them that JA took a pencil and hid it in her jacket...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000