a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again I think she's watching the trial. these details about rope and knife are too specific to JA's story NOW. Her details of the crime scene wouldn't need to be so specific.

Ponytail taking notes re: knife on the nightstand.

When ALV looks at the jury, she's not connecting with anyone.

"You are the worst thing that's ever happened to me" First time I burst in to tears in court which was very very hard to control. :( I'll say we ALL remarked on how intensely emotional it felt in there today.

Good gawd now gotta deal with stupid JW and her perky cooking school BS. Even JW is having to cut her off from her rambling.

CEO takes a form out to write a question.

(still crying here and Pam keeps checking with me so here I write "it just breaks my heart" to her in my journal)

I've been worried about the lip-readers all day....Knowing the defense and their daily motions for mistrial.. This could be a legitimate reason IMO

i think i read on another forum that some people emailed Dr Drew because they are concerned that the communication between the client and the attorney is privileged and if Dr. Drew has a lip reader and reveals what was said it could result in a possible mistrial. now i don't know if that is why he did not have a lip reader on so we will see.

I am sure there are other Arizona taxpayers reading and posting here too, but I have 3 working taxpayers in my family that are paying for all this! My husband, son and daughter-in-law all pay the taxes that are paying for Ms. LaViolette to conveniently forget her glasses every day!! I wouldn't doubt she isn't doing ALL this just to run up the amount of money she is getting paid!

Tax payers here too. I agree, she's running up the bill on purpose.

Most males not looking at her as she drones on about her continuum "Most people with children....when we have our own children..."

I wonder how many jurors have suffered abuse and are offended by the suggestion they would grow up to abuse.

Every time JM objects to her saying negative crap re: Travis or his family I feel the CHAMPION in his so strongly, esp today. I feel such a sense of relief and pride that he is willing to do this for Travis / the family.

Again her demeanor changes with Willmott. No note taking re: her CEU's

JA over there drawing or whatever.

Something going on in the public gallery--just pulled a young man out (later found out he was sleeping and snoring).

I doubt many Psych evaluators would consider Psych tests "subjective". Did she just say "wacky" re a Psych test?

Did she just throw Samuels and his testing under the bus?

CV "not completely up to date" . Why wouldn't you get it perfectly up to date for a trial of this magnitude? JA's journals not the only things "incomplete".

Good Evening....

Gonna just crank out my notes here and then grab something to eat, take a bubble bath and crash. Just saying that cuz I'm not even gonna read for questions as my brain space is beyond max'ed out right now so this is the capacity I can handle.

So....here we go.

Forgot my glasses today so my capacity to see distance is impaired which may be a good thing as I don't know how much more of this person i can take in.

On the way up, JM got in the elevator with us and we all just sort of sucked in our breath and got real serious. Until JL (friend I sit with), made a quip about it being hot to which I had to say I was glad she said it so it meant I wasn't having a hot flash and looked over and JM had cracked a smile. I'm always so smooth, right? At least I resisted the urge to turn to him, standing next to me and say "it's all you". lol

Jake is here today.

I'm on the end of the second row the last seat available.

I can see ALV well today, just wish I could see. If that even makes sense.

Love it when they play these tapes of any kind.

ALV's cell phone went off in court, some kinda Twilight Zone sounding music (actually it was a cool ring but ya know, people get kicked out for that!).

Can't see the jury all that well but I do see some questions in the basket

Her phone ringing today was beyond ridiculous. Don't they ask everyone to turn their phones OFF? I no longer believe that she "forgets" her Mr. Potatoe Head glasses, let alone to turn off her phone while she's testifying in a murder trial.

Shenanigans.

Pfffttt.

moo

YAY PASA & KCL glad you both are in!!!

KKDJ and I were sitting right behind the loud laughing women (from the other day) and several more of the entourage. Her father also attended. They were all in the 2nd row.
We were in row 3. Guy fell asleep and was snoring. He was removed from courtroom.

She surely was the worst thing that ever happened to him. Hoping that Juan can get justice for Travis.

Detective Flores nailed it when he said to jodi during an interrogation that if Travis had never met her he would be still be alive ---

The Keynote Speaker is often the main reason people will attend a Seminar, stupid.

Does she think none of these jurors have ever attended a Seminar?
Did she just somehow try and discount Keynote Speakers?

Are we gonna get to ANY juror questions today?

The mood in this relationship between you and this courtroom ALV is a mood of agitation fluctuating with annoyance.

Don't see any note taking re: "big picture" w/ abuse.

Maureen only one note taking re: "jealousy" lecture.

Good Evening....

Gonna just crank out my notes here and then grab something to eat, take a bubble bath and crash. Just saying that cuz I'm not even gonna read for questions as my brain space is beyond max'ed out right now so this is the capacity I can handle.

So....here we go.

Forgot my glasses today so my capacity to see distance is impaired which may be a good thing as I don't know how much more of this person i can take in.

On the way up, JM got in the elevator with us and we all just sort of sucked in our breath and got real serious. Until JL (friend I sit with), made a quip about it being hot to which I had to say I was glad she said it so it meant I wasn't having a hot flash and looked over and JM had cracked a smile. I'm always so smooth, right? At least I resisted the urge to turn to him, standing next to me and say "it's all you". lol

Jake is here today.

I'm on the end of the second row the last seat available.

I can see ALV well today, just wish I could see. If that even makes sense.

Love it when they play these tapes of any kind.

ALV's cell phone went off in court, some kinda Twilight Zone sounding music (actually it was a cool ring but ya know, people get kicked out for that!).

Can't see the jury all that well but I do see some questions in the basket

Your car is so cute I giggle everytime I see your avatar lol it's funny cute and makes me smile or giggle when I'm havin a bad day.:seeya:

Not to mention how easily ALV could say "yes" and "no" to JW, and couldn't manage to answer much of anything as yes or no to Juan. What a B.

It's funny that everyone, including JW says "Bobby Juarez" but in a Mexican accent in the Juarez.

No one note taking on the excuse making re: the Bobby Juarez and teenage breakup story.

She's actually sitting up there glorifying JA for stalking Bianca and hunting her down unwelcomed.

Well this makes sense as ALV considers it appropriate to blast in to someone else's space uninvited and inappropriately herself to meet her own needs. Maybe she considers that a feather in her cap? blech

Zero note taking on "dont take cases that I don't feel have merit".

"Merit" = $$$$$$$$$ in ALVland.

Have you ever worked with a MAN who was stalked?

Different dynamic-more apt to be less afraid, think they have something/someone under control.

Don't see any note taking re: this stalking redirect, text messages and "Nicole" (later found out just a platonic friend of Travis) texting with JA, saying he loves her, again zero note taking.

ALV swivels toward the jury during sidebar, no one looking back at her.

CEO sits forward looking forward and blinking while she talks.

Again, she distinguishes between Jodi and Travis--he falls asleep therefore not stalked. She falls asleep, therefore she's abused. BS

~~~~~~~~~~BREAK~~~~~~~~~~

Question for the observers...from the jury's vanage point, are they able to see JA and JW's interactions? (the high school girl antics/giggling, the unprofessionalism of JW, as well as JA calling the objection shots for JW to make)
If they can see them, have you noticed any jurors watching them or look at JA during sidebars? Is JA is in the direct line of vision when the attorneys question the witnesses? She has been very animated this week and was hoping the jurors have been able to see it.
TIA (apologies if already asked and answered)

I think some have a better view of her than others. I don't notice them looking at her during sidebars or during trial today.

I think some if not all can see the giggling junior high behavior of ja and JW.
They don't show emotion so it's hard to know what they think if they do see it. My guess is they aren't impressed.

Jake leaves after break so I have a clear view in front of me now.

No note taking "typical of stalking" testimony.

ALV father is courtroom.

HowEVer ..the good witch came down in a pink bubble...oops wrong storyteller (JW sounds like she's reading to children in a public library)

I have a feeling if Travis helped an old lady cross the street, ALV would call it "flirting" or "cheating".

Nancy note taking here.

It is really hard to take JW seriously.

Weird how Judge S just asked jury if they heard anything at the sidebar.

Ceilings are super high, like a whole story high. With very sophisticated recessed lighting.

Story was NOT true, he was mad at her manipulation, making up the story re: someone in to her work etc. ALso the BS test message fiction.

Kind of weird/creepy that JW has red tips on the very ends of her nails..not a good choice considering this crime.

I see no note taking on this text message stuff.

Looks like Nancy is formulating a question.

Barb looks out at the gallery while JW searches for an exhibit.

CEO just placed a question in the basket.

Poquito Mas has a bad cough today...during one session his long hair was out of it's usual ponytail..he has gorgeous hair.

When the cell phone starting ringing today, did everyone KNOW it had to be ALV? Painful moment, just like when she forgets her glasses.

Of course Travis is jealous and she is not blah blah blah

I see Nancy writing a question.

She's giving another of her long winded lectures to the jury-most of the males not even looking back at her.

No note taking re: her lecture on how people handle their anger/ rage.

CEO looking at his notebook or straight ahead--he doesn't look at her often or for long as she goes on and on. Same with CPA, ARtist, Headphones and Paul R.

She is NOT impressing the males.

Why is Jw suddenly asking permission to approach the witness?

It's so strange to hear JW say the F word. It's like Gidget on a beach blanket bingo clambake w/ her polka dot bandana and ruffly bathing suit saying "want a f'ing hot dog"? all perky like.

So it doesn't matter how/if she pushes his buttons, it's just how he responds. rrrrrrrrrrrrright.

Ceilings are super high, like a whole story high. With very sophisticated recessed lighting.

Story was NOT true, he was mad at her manipulation, making up the story re: someone in to her work etc. ALso the BS test message fiction.

Kind of weird/creepy that JA has red tips on the very ends of her nails..not a good choice considering this crime.

I see no note taking on this text message stuff.

Looks like Nancy is formulating a question.

Barb looks out at the gallery while JW searches for an exhibit.

CEO just placed a question in the basket.

Poquito Mas has a bad cough today...during one session his long hair was out of it's usual ponytail..he has gorgeous hair.

Poco is my favorite by far, and I think he will be a great juror or foreman, just saying.

Havasupai--journal entry "incomplete".

Side bar, she glances at the jury. None are engaging with her.

"Making it up" to write it down except she made it all up 2-3 years AFTER she killed him. (think I was referring to the abuse stuff she never wrote in her journal because of course it never happened)

This was her THIRD STORY!!!

Blah blah--this BS is why people don't report swings both ways.

How about Travis not reporting stalking?

You just testifed the reason you don't buy stalked is cuz it would be reported.

!!!expletive!!!

So what corroborates the physical abuse?

ZERO corroboration!

So Psych abuse equates physical abuse?

Where is the Xray of the finger???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads