a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope this on topic and/or of interest to those in and out of the courtroom today...

I counted the amount of Objections by both JW this am/early pm and by JM on re-direct. I also tallied up whether the judge over-ruled or sustained. NOTE: If they were asked to approach I based this ruling on the question immediately following the aproach, ie: if it was the same I would count it as an over-ruled.

JW: 37 objections. 30 were over-ruled, 7 were sustained.

JM: 43 objections. 18 were over-ruled, 25 were sustained.

JW was batting .189 today, while JM was batting .581

Baseball fan or not, I think we can all agree on who the all-star on the field was today.

Hey, that's cool!

Thanks for the bedtime wish up there with the cute kitty........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Her phone ringing today was beyond ridiculous. Don't they ask everyone to turn their phones OFF? I no longer believe that she "forgets" her Mr. Potatoe Head glasses, let alone to turn off her phone while she's testifying in a murder trial.

Shenanigans.

Pfffttt.

moo

Passive Agressive. She is NOT happy with being admonished, being hushed, being talked to in a way she would not put up with outside the courtroom, but she can do stupid little thing like forgetting her glasses and leaving her phone on and needing a bathroom break to disrupt the proceedings. She's controlling things in her own way.

As a bailiff I was not allowed to tell the Jurors who the people were that were seated in the gallery but they usually figured it out. By the end of a normal trial (1 to 2 weeks) they felt sorry for the victim's family and some even wanted to talk to the family when they were released from duty. I would imagine these Jurors are feeling the same. They see everything and sometimes have nicknames for the players in the trial.

Travis' family has been stellar in their courtroom behavior. The defendants family on the other hand have not reacted in a way that would help their cause. JMO

Thanks BG, you always have such great courtroom insight.

Unlike Samuels from NJ, ALV should be familiar with CA, especially the Los Angeles area where she's lived most of her life and which includes Pasadena. Yet, ALV apparently didn't think it odd that Jodi left the tippy top of the state and aimlessly meandered way, way down to Pasadena to obstensibly take pics of Darryl's dd's new baby without said daughter expecting her or returning her calls when she arrived. Hello, Alyce? No premeditation alarm bells ringing in your trained brain? You didn't notice that Mesa is a straight shot east of Pasadena and that Travis was killed within 24 hrs. though Jodi was due in SLC, which is a straight shot east of Redding as the crow flies? Really, Alyce? You didn't realize the significance of that? I hope the jurors do.

Posting this for previous page WS members worried about the jury and their $12 per day.

In long cases, the jurors can petition the court to earn more $$. In Arizona, this can be up to $300 per day, depending on your income level. I'm sure it's not to make more than their income, but just so they don't lose any $$$.

Hope that helps.

Passive Agressive. She is NOT happy with being admonished, being hushed, being talked to in a way she would not put up with outside the courtroom, but she can do stupid little thing like forgetting her glasses and leaving her phone on and needing a bathroom break to disrupt the proceedings. She's controlling things in her own way.

As well as "being too sick to continue" that one day that she caused court to end at noon. She's a piece of crud....and yes, I am too old-fashioned to call her a modern term!!!

Just one more thought.

How ridiculous for ALV today to mention the men in her group as some kind of collaborators on her opinion? This was akin to the cowardly kind of "I'm not the only person who thinks you're a *advertiser censored*" when someone needs backup. But her own clients?

This is also her version of $amuels saying he went to the DEFENSE TEAM to confirm or decline his original diagnoses of DID. Um, wouldn't you want to confer with a PEER in MENTAL HEALTH over this?

This was a huge point to me. He went to the defense team who told him what diagnosis they needed to fit the defense. And he sold it to them.

Thanks for sharing your notes/insights from court today, KCL & Pasa!:rocker: I don't post very often, because most of my thoughts/questions are asked/posted by someone else, but I do read everything! Ho :seeya:pe everyone has a good nights sleep and "see" ya guys tomorrow!

I know Katie is too tired to take questions tonight, so can some one else tell me how Sky Hughes got the journals that belonged to Travis? Are these the same ones that Jodi took? This info came out in February, but I'm always a day late and a dollar short. So, how did Sky Hughes end up with Travis' journals?

snipped by me

I thought I read once that one of the roommates found them and gave them to her, but I can't recall where I read that. I could be wrong.

As a bailiff I was not allowed to tell the Jurors who the people were that were seated in the gallery but they usually figured it out. By the end of a normal trial (1 to 2 weeks) they felt sorry for the victim's family and some even wanted to talk to the family when they were released from duty. I would imagine these Jurors are feeling the same. They see everything and sometimes have nicknames for the players in the trial.

Travis' family has been stellar in their courtroom behavior. The defendants family on the other hand have not reacted in a way that would help their cause. JMO

JA's family should take the DV ribbons off. It really is inappropriate, IMO.

Just one more thought.

How ridiculous for ALV today to mention the men in her group as some kind of collaborators on her opinion? This was akin to the cowardly kind of "I'm not the only person who thinks you're a *advertiser censored*" when someone needs backup. But her own clients?

This is also her version of $amuels saying he went to the DEFENSE TEAM to confirm or decline his original diagnoses of DID. Um, wouldn't you want to confer with a PEER in MENTAL HEALTH over this?

This was a huge point to me. He went to the defense team who told him what diagnosis they needed to fit the defense. And he sold it to them.

That is so true KCL, Samuels and LaViolette are molding and tailoring their "diagnosis" to fit what the defense needs. It is just wrong.

Again I think she's watching the trial. these details about rope and knife are too specific to JA's story NOW. Her details of the crime scene wouldn't need to be so specific.

Ponytail taking notes re: knife on the nightstand.

When ALV looks at the jury, she's not connecting with anyone.

"You are the worst thing that's ever happened to me"
First time I burst in to tears in court which was very very hard to control. :( I'll say we ALL remarked on how intensely emotional it felt in there today.

Good gawd now gotta deal with stupid JW and her perky cooking school BS. Even JW is having to cut her off from her rambling.

CEO takes a form out to write a question.

(still crying here and Pam keeps checking with me so here I write "it just breaks my heart" to her in my journal)

BBM, did you catch when Juan has ALV read the text message from Travis to Jodi saying "You are the worst thing that ever happened to me"

Then Juan replies "And that is true in this case"

that was a good comback, Juan.

Unlike Samuels from NJ, ALV should be familiar with CA, especially the Los Angeles area where she's lived most of her life and which includes Pasadena. Yet, ALV apparently didn't think it odd that Jodi left the tippy top of the state and aimlessly meandered way, way down to Pasadena to obstensibly take pics of Darryl's dd's new baby without said daughter expecting her or returning her calls when she arrived. Hello, Alyce? No premeditation alarm bells ringing in your trained brain? You didn't notice that Mesa is a straight shot east of Pasadena and that Travis was killed within 24 hrs. though Jodi was due in SLC, which is a straight shot east of Redding as the crow flies? Really, Alyce? You didn't realize the significance of that? I hope the jurors do.

Being from NJ, I really really hate admitting this but ALV is originally from NJ.:blushing::blushing::blushing:
She moved to CA in the late 60's to attend school.

kcl and others was it cold in the courtroom today ? just wondering why jodi was using her jacket like a snuggie or a thro

It wasn't until the A/C kicked on. Then we were all putting on our sweaters. :)

KCL, did you know JA has been tweeting for weeks? Through Donovan Bering. If you read it your head will explode. I wish I knew how to hack.

https://twitter.com/jodiannarias

Wow! She doesn't like HLN, makes a comment about anger management problems, makes a comment about "little man syndrome" Says that finger was for Nancy.....(would that be Grace?)

This makes me think JW is letting her read text messages from others. Is this even legal? I thought her contact with the outside world was strictly controlled?

In a later episode of Roots: The Next Generations Alex Haley is told by his aunt that if his Grandma Cynthia could hear him now, she would go after him with her WOODEN SPOON (he was talking about quitting writing or quitting his search for the "old African").

Oh yeah. She got it from a movie, just like all her other ideas. Thanks, Sedonia! Something tells me you just hit the nail on the head.

(Sorry o/t....kind of).

PASA I do find y'all to be friendly. Not to mention levelheaded, supportive of the true victims in this nightmare, tireless in your efforts to speak the truth, dedicated to be in court every single day, and actually discerning enough to see through this murderers insanity and those who support it. There really is no curse strong enough for what JA and her DT are putting this family through. Even the DP seems easy compared to what they have done. I think Leonidas said it best when he said "You there, Ephialtes, may you live forever." You there Jodi Arias may you live forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member