a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also like to add that all lds and flds wear braids, it would be a COMMON female attraction for TA, he was raised around girls dressing their hair in braids and i want jaun to bring this up about the braids etc. nothing nefarious at all about it, just avls sick mind.

No, not all LDS wear braids. I am pretty positive TA was not raised FLDS. He was a member of the mainstream LDS church. There is a difference. Perhaps you are thinking of the recent Warren Jeffs' trials in Utah and Texas. He is the President/Prophet of the FLDS (polygamists) and has a compound close to where I live. In fact, Texas has him locked up about 25 miles from where I live. Texas got him when Utah could not! It is the FLDS girls and women who wear braids, buns or their hair swooped up.

Some of the jurors' questions were full of snarky crunchy goodness, especially the ones asking...errr...pointing out the faces ALV was making at various points during cross-exam. But some of the jurors' questions had me scratching my head and wondering if they were looking for reasons to give JA an 'out.'

At the end of the day I still think she'll be convicted of 1st degree murder, regardless of how much ALV attempted to advocate on JA's behalf.

However, I was quite perturbed by the judge allowing ALV to expand on her answers ad nauseum until it finally got to the point of ridiculousness and then (and only then) she would finally sustain JM's objections and cut off the verbal diarrhea. I blame the judge for not corralling ALV more.

And why the jurors asked ALV so many questions is strange to me
. Didn't they realize she would expound on every question where they would lose hours of their lives listening to her? I would have asked her nothing and hoped she would get off the stand that much faster.

BBM:

I think this jury (just like us) is looking for the "truth" .. a straight answer. It would appear that we are not going to get anything that resembles that from the witnesses appearing on the stand on behalf of JA. It is evident in the questions that were asked that they were looking for a straight answer. Something to hang on to. They certainly didn't get anything other than gobbledygook from this "so called expert". I am certain that her responses were not acceptable and I am on the edge of my seat to hear how it all went down in the court room (from our hailed experts who were present today).

I appreciate all of you and all that you do. I appreciate your passion and the support you give to Travis and his family. Luv you all!!!

Um ... I won't be editing this so please excuse any typos ... I'm soooo tired.

This reminded me of the picture tonight on HLN of ALV at dinner with Wilmott. Was it taken last night? And was that the MS dining with them?

Photos were taken of them yesterday and today. The third person is the one that sits behind the defense. In both cases they were not followed. The person taking the photos was there first.

Being from NJ, I really really hate admitting this but ALV is originally from NJ.:blushing::blushing::blushing:
She moved to CA in the late 60's to attend school.

You can have her back now....

(from a Californian...)

:seeya:

Wen did Juan add them?
\\

Good question. Do we know who is on the rebuttal witness list? I would love to see a list. After the jury questions today I have a real good feeling and I think the rebuttal case is gonna blow everyone's azzes off. Well at least in the defense camp ... hahahahahaha ... :rocker:

Did any court attendees here notice how much Jodi was watching the jury during Alyce's answers to the jurors' questions? She really gave the jury some stares, especially during the question of how did Alyce know if Jodi was telling her the truth!!

Ha, Yeah saw that. Saw it all. Not going well for the defense today. Later it looked like Jodi was ready to puke with her hand over her mouth. Hmmm?

My experience is (and I'm retired psych professional) who was abused as a child as was my ex and we both seemed to have a target on our backs for people who wanted to manipulate and use us. Neither of us were ever abusive in any way. Just sayin. MOO

Actually there were two new women there for some time today. By the way, Maria wasn't there when ALV's phone went off, no one was. It seemed it was ringing awhile before Alyce said from the stand, "It's mine, just turn it off." Probably the bailiff was walking out with it by then.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Hmmmmm...

"It's mine, just turn it off."

No please?..... No thank you?...

:waitasec:

Question....during ALV's testimony she kept talking about the fact that she had limited information to review and several times JM told her "let's not go there"

Then in jury questions, there was a question asking her exactly how much information she was given to review

Granted we know defense gave her that limited information to base her "domestic abuse" theory on, and my understanding is that she could have asked for more but did not...but could this be grounds for a reopening of the case later?

It just seems strange to me that she keeps saying that and even JM is telling her not to "go there"

Not to get too OT but I have a family member in hospital. I have been there since early this morning and just got home. I won't be posting much over the next few days as family is coming in from out of town.
Just wanted to give a heads up as to why you won't see much of me, and my notes from yesterday may not get posted. It depends on how things go the next few days.

I was going to visit for an hour and then go to trial, but their condition took a turn for the worse (unexpectedly) and they ended up in ICU. I needed to stay, I wouldn't have felt right going to trial.

I was able to watch some of the trial on my iPad (hospital has wi-fi yay) and loved the jurors questions. They did not disappoint. I've had the feeling they are not buying the defense's tale of woe that ja was abused by TA. The questions today confirmed my belief in that jury. It was pretty clear what the jury thinks of that witness, at least to me. MOO. :)

I did notice Barb looking though her notebook yesterday (at her notes). I suspect she wrote one of the questions (or more) in the basket. :)

PASA: Blessings to you and your family member in ICU - your trial notes are valued and always appreciated but first things first - take care of your family and yourself - we will leave the light on.

:seeya:DT

A complete rebuttal list cannot even be known by JM until he knows everything that needs to be rebutted.

I'm not surprised the Hughes have been added. Their names have come up quite a few times by ALV. She never even interviewed them did she?

Its a toy to keep her busy.

And more than likely know she is all washed up/busted. Nerviousness is showing, fixing the papers,writing non-stop, playing with her pencils, erasing her doodles constantly. That kind of thing. They want to keep her busy so she doesn't blow a fuse.

I am more mad that someone deleated alot of my tweets to her,,the tweet about the short guy i told her not to worry ,i'm sure they would get a tall good looking guy to insert the needle

Bahahaha that is freakin' hilarious! Please send another tweet saying tall handsome guy heard she was "dying" to meet him. And he's not looking for anything long-term so it should work out great! He's into jailhouse pallor, homemade shivs, and romantic walks strolling to the electric chair.

I wouldn't assume that "followers" are supporters. Lots of people love to watch a train wreck, and some of those followers may be anti-Jodi-ites who simply want to keep tabs on her. 500 is a pretty paltry number, in light of her supposed notoriety.

Right? You go Donovan with your 500 crazies. Travis has thousands of amazing people supporting him and his family.

It wasn't the lady in seat No. 7? She was in Seat No. 4 on Monday nite. She is VERY quiet, but Monday they came to her for why she voted guilty on the issue. Said they were asking Juror No. 4 & she looked down at her badge. I thought it was interesting.

:fence:Lisa--I guess I haven't figured out how to reply properly . I am a lurker generally.

Question....during ALV's testimony she kept talking about the fact that she had limited information to review and several times JM told her "let's not go there"

Then in jury questions, there was a question asking her exactly how much information she was given to review

Granted we know defense gave her that limited information to base her "domestic abuse" theory on, and my understanding is that she could have asked for more but did not...but could this be grounds for a reopening of the case later?

It just seems strange to me that she keeps saying that and even JM is telling her not to "go there"

My guess is there is a lot of information that has been excluded from this trial as being too prejudicial and she wasn't allowed to review that.

If she started talking about it or alluding to other information being withheld from the jury it could potentially lead to a mistrial.

Just a guess on my part.

What was the jury's reaction when ALV said she did all she could to get to know Travis?
I call BS on that one. How hard did she try to contact a friend or family member before trial to ask about his life, his personality, how he felt about JA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro