a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably off-topic, but I am new here, so I apologize in advance - but did anyone besides me get sick when Wilmott asked ALV "just so we know in advance, you don't have any problem with your memory, do you?".... with a big grin from her, ALV, Nurmi and Jodi. ...........sickening! However, Juan will get the last dig.

So many of their shenanigans just seened so contrived to me. And I'm guessing the jury has picked up on it too.

Jodi's speech about Juan scrambling her brain, the time out, continuously saying Mr. Martinez etc. all seemed very rehearsed. Wearing matching clothes was ridiculous.

To me, ALV tried to portray herself as grandmotherly and innocents personified so the jury would see Juan as attacking their grandma. Even forgetting her glasses played into that role. (Having a hard time spelling cuz my grandkids are here, lol).

If ALV is having an issue with panic attacks she should not be accepting jobs that put her under so much stress. It's interesting that she didn't see testifying in a case that involved a DP as a major stressor to avoid but has an attack when her credibility is called into question. She can "read into" text messages and IM's that are written by other people but can't see the possible rammifications of her own actions. MOO

Another thing I want to add about Alyce is her passive aggressive behavior. Now I am not a physiologist, but I've read enough books, took enough college psych classes and had enough therapy that passive aggressive people can do a lot of physiological damage to the people around them. And I think after Alyce's 3rd question I could figure out how she operates...ya maybe she does not yell or hit, but her passive aggressive ways can be just as damaging. It's physiological torture.

I also think that was Jodi's mode of operation.
Jodi is the Queen of passive-aggressiveness. From pretending to go along with debasing anal sex to murdering him. That's the height of it!!!

I'm not sure I agree with her being smart. If she were smart she wouldn't have shown her narcissism while on the stand. She shot herself in the head with how she acted with JM. I've known one person quite well who was a narcissist. She had a whole different view in her head of herself, how she was perceived and was unaware that people were laughing at her, thought she was nuts and didn't like her. In her mind she was popular and loved. She obviously thought while she was on the stand that she outwitted JM. She sees the world through glasses I can't imagine seeing through. I don't try to figure out or second guess what she is thinking because I can't go there. I really believe that her behavior the last week or so is genuinely strange and telling of something I just don't know what.

She could have scored (perhaps) herself a FEW points if she had been meek and mild in her answers to Juan. Might have brought her a bit of compassion that a mean old Prosecutor was beating down the frail little murderer.....Nah

It's interesting that she didn't see testifying in a case that involved a DP as a major stressor to avoid but has an attack when her credibility is called into question. She can "read into" text messages and IM's that are written by other people but can't see the possible rammifications of her own actions. MOO
Yeah, I find it interesting that she reads so much motive into Travis's texts, when she admits 90% of communication is the body language- not there to see it or know Travis's contexts for his anger (Jodi's stalking, I'd be pissed too, and I don't think what he said was that mean or unjustified given what she did to him), and this is a so-called counseling expert who can't tell a text from an IM.
Also Travis's lying about being a virgin/dating other women was minimal compared to the whoppers Jodi has told.

Katie, I think you have ALV pegged. After all the counting on her fingers for male victims of DV she testified for in a felony trial...

I found ALV's CV here:

http://www.alycelaviolette.com/Alyce-LaViolette-cv.pdf

Pages 17 and 18 are her court experience.

It was an interesting read and, after going through it twice, I haven't found a case where she testified on behalf of a male who claimed he was abused.

After going through it a 3rd time with my infamous colored markers to help, I located a grand total of 3 felony cases in which she testified before the court at trial.

1011-13: Jodi Arias
1997: First Degree Murder Case. Father who killed daughter's alleged batterer.
1984-5: 1st degree murder case (battered woman who allegedly killed her husband)

She also testified at deposition and was involved in at least one appeal for an incarcerated battered woman.

It's a bit hard to figure out because she lists herself as a consultant on any number of cases and as an expert in a few. I only included felony cases in which she listed herself as an expert witness.

Mind you, I've got on and off double vision, so I will re-read when there's enough sunlight and I have enough colored markers available!

There is one case there that I think she tried to slip in, but Juan blocked it.

There is an LAPD Review Hearing listed, and she TESTIFIED apparently. So I wondered if maybe she was talking about that because she kept saying that she testified for a Police Officer. But Juan asked if it was a criminal case or a Review Board---Ruh Roh---she had to let that one drop like a hot potato.

you absolulty nailed it - not just on the controlling nature - but being a big fish in a small pond - i grew up close to the area of long beach were she does her dv counseling - and also looking at her involvement in custody cases - and those areas are the poorer sections of town where los angeles resources are very stretched and it is hard for social workers to cover all their cases so imo when she steps in w/ letters of opinions or counseling, i bet they just accept her opinions because of her long standing in the area and prolly has gone unchallenged for a long time

oh and btw, on alyce exagerating her resume - she told martinez she got her masters in the 80's - but if you look at cal state long beach Alumni Association Board of Directors - she lists that she recieved her masters in 1974 http://www.csulb.edu/alumni/association/bod.html

This is stunning to me - that she would lie on the stand to try to appear more current on her education! I believe it was intentional - earning your masters degree is one of life's greater moments for most people - I am sure 99% of people could tell you EXACTLY when they earned their masters degree.

LOL everytime I hear that finger hard time thing, I laugh out loud. Hubby asked what I was laughing at and had to explain it. Between that and the fog issues...Its your fog....Juan has had some stellar moments.

Along with his: "Mam, were you crying when you stabbed him?"
"I don't know"
"What about when you shot him, were you crying then?"
"I don't remember"
"Were you crying when you slit his throat?"
"I don't know"

She could have scored (perhaps) herself a FEW points if she had been meek and mild in her answers to Juan. Might have brought her a bit of compassion that a mean old Prosecutor was beating down the frail little murderer.....Nah

If she had admitted that Jodi had issues with lying and if she admitted that she sometimes tried to manipulate Travis, it would be more believable that he might have been angry and aggressive towards her. If they admitted that she secretly made that sex tape, then maybe he did snap and try to kill her in the bathroom.

But they try to make HER out to be Mother Theresa, and he is an evil non-virgin
that becomes homicidal over a dropped camera. It makes no sense.

So many of their shenanigans just seened so contrived to me. And I'm guessing the jury has picked up on it too.

Jodi's speech about Juan scrambling her brain, the time out, continuously saying Mr. Martinez etc. all seemed very rehearsed. Wearing matching clothes was ridiculous.

To me, ALV tried to portray herself as grandmotherly and innocents personified so the jury would see Juan as attacking their grandma. Even forgetting her glasses played into that role. (Having a hard time spelling cuz my grandkids are here, lol).

If ALV is having an issue with panic attacks she should not be accepting jobs that put her under so much stress. It's interesting that she didn't see testifying in a case that involved a DP as a major stressor to avoid but has an attack when her credibility is called into question. She can "read into" text messages and IM's that are written by other people but can't see the possible rammifications of her own actions. MOO

She's panicking, because for once she is not in control, and her feeble attempts to put her foot on Juantastic's head did not work out so well for her, which just made her seethe. Pretty obviously to the jury. imo

Her "little" white lies on her CV will come back to haunt her. AND who brings their "daddy" to court and gives them an acknowledgement in a murder trial.....and her childhood friends.....errrrrr. Who does that???

:furious:

From her CV on her website:

"EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND

Page 19 of 20

1992 Marriage, Family, Child Counselor, State License

1981 California Community College, lifetime teaching credential
1980 MASTER OF SCIENCE, Community-Clinical Psychology, California State University Long Beach, CA
1969 BACHELOR OF ARTS, Psychology, California State University Long Beach, CA
1967 ASSOCIATE OF ARTS, Physical Education, Glendale Community College, AZ"

I found it odd that her degrees were listed on nearly the 19th page, after: Summary of Qualifications, Professional Background, International, Keynote Addresses, Featured Speaker, Conferences (attended? presenter? if presenter, isn't this just reiterating keynote/features speaker?), Community & In-service Training, Legislative Hearings, Media Presentations, Radio, Court Experience, Publications, Media Experience, and Teaching Experience.

BBM Wouldn't one want the degrees earned listed much higher? :confused:
:cow:

I also don't know why you would list your AA degree.

I think he was appeasing her by having sex with her so she would not escalate.

I agree. To hear her tell it, if Travis didn't have sex X amount of times he would turn into a raving lunatic.

There is a spot on the sex tape where Travis says "There've been many times when you have been, like miserable and I've like...raped you.

I believe it was Jodi who was the one who would get pissed and angry and Travis was forever having to jump her bones to calm her down.

As Marty Robbins sings , she was truly a "Devil Woman".

Devil woman you're evil like the dark coral reef
Like the winds that bring high tides you bring sorrow and grief

She's panicking, because for once she is not in control, and her feeble attempts to put her foot on Juantastic's head did not work out so well for her, which just made her seethe. Pretty obviously to the jury. imo

Her "little" white lies on her CV will come back to haunt her. AND who brings their "daddy" to court and gives them an acknowledgement in a murder trial.....and her childhood friends.....errrrrr. Who does that???

:furious:

When I read Juantastics I immediately went to Jodi's headstand. Is that wrong? ;)

Exactly, poster above #379, Ho-di, that's my favorite name for "her weirdness". Jodi creeps me out. She looks sallow, & hmmm.. slightly cray cray this past week. Hopefully, two more weeks? Or longer, I hope not. Hopefully the case will go to the jury in two weeks, fingers crossed.

Someone's been referring to her as the one on trial, which I think is a great name.

The one on trial = TOOT

ALV's biggest problem is that she read a major warning about Jodi by Travis, but because he wrote it she didn't believe him. He said everything Jodi touches turns to s@*%.
That includes your life now, ALV. Travis wasn't trying to character assassinate her with this statement nor was he abusing her...he was telling the truth.

ALV's biggest problem is that she read a major warning about Jodi by Travis, but because he wrote it she didn't believe him. He said everything Jodi touches turns to s@*%.
That includes your life now, ALV. Travis wasn't trying to character assassinate her with this statement nor was he abusing her...he was telling the truth.

BOOM

She's had a crash course in sociopathy.

I also don't know why you would list your AA degree.

Interestingly, Samuels did the same thing. And, like ALV, his earlier degree was in a totally unrelated field. I mean, it's fine to change your mind, and I admire people who work to get where they want to go, but why list it at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesrobert