a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Hubby was watching this and he is adamant he see's her slip something out of the notebook into that left hand between her first and second fingers that she then cups in her palm and then slides below the camera line of view, possibly rolling it tighter at that point and then appears to fiddle with the back of the chair and possibly slip paper or note into a hole or under the arm itself from a missing screw. She does this at the end of the hearing and this is all done while watching carefully what is transpiring around her...

It's the pencil. She then reached for the other one after she turned back to the table.

Hi Smeck! I live in Chicago too! I am on the North side near Old Irving. Are you in the city?

LadyEdith, and Smeck-

Not to derail thread...but look at my avatar. Taylor Street circa 1959.:seeya:

back to lurking.

I donated $30.00, $10.00 from me and the other $20.00 from my two daughters. Even though they are only 18 and 12, they have been somewhat following this trial with me and are looking forward to justice being served. I did not allow the 12 yr old to listen to the sex talk parts of the trial, so she has missed alot of it!! But she saw Samantha and Tanisha crying one day and told me it hurt her heart to see them cry. My oldest wants to be a prosecutor one day and has deemed Juan Marinez as her hero and wants to be just like him in the courtroom. She has also said she will be traveling to Arizona the day JA gets the needle and would love to go in and see it happen. She knows that will probably not happen, but she just wants to be there no matter how long in the future it happens.
We do not want to be entered for the prize. We just want to ensure that the Alexander family can be there every day. I am unemployed right now, but my daughter has said she will donate some more money from her paychecks in the next several weeks to help out. We send much love and lots of prayers to the Alexander family from Georgia!!! God bless you all, especially KCL, for doing what you are doing for the family!!

Just sent my donation through Pay Pal. I had to rack my brain before finally getting the password correct :) Really hope you reach your goal KCL. My heart breaks for the family. I do wish them the best and hope it helps.

I lost my mother 7 years ago, 2 months to the day before my wedding. It was heartbreaking. I still have days that are hard for me. A song will play on the radio that was her favorite, or I see someone in the store from behind that looks like her, or something big happens in my life and I reach for the phone to call and then remember she is not there. There is a hole in your chest when you lose someone that never really goes away. At first it is hard to breathe, then after time it gets a little easier but there is always that void where they once were.
((( hugs ))) to all who have lost

My most wonderful mother has been gone 20 years not but I still miss our talks over coffee...I have her table that would would sit at and do this. I called her every NY's eve to wish Happy NY and still catch myself going to the phone on NYE to call her....She will always be in my heart as she should be......Yes most important yes...their hearing is last thing to go and they hear everything so only say good things to them.. I also spoke to my bother as he lay dieing and told him was Ok to be with God and we would all see each other again...He then drew his last breath.....Death is always so hard on the living to live with. God Bless all here who have lost loved ones.

I also started the Pay It Forward on the The State vs. Jodi Ann Arias (A Pro-Alexander Family site) Facebook Page. There's a lot of people on there whom I think would want to donate. :)

I've been donating through that page every week since January. Out of the 35,000 people on there, I'm sure you will reach your goal, and maybe even exceed it by quite a bit!!!

For everyone who donated today or thought of Travis' family today!!!!!

I have no idea how to maneuver all these images that you come up with but you are amazing.

Thanks for all your contributions here!

She's an HLN producer.

Ok guys I'm running out to meditate and relax my mind and body and will be back and respond to all the messages.

I will get you an update to our fund raising efforts today when I get home as well.

And all the pm's I've received! THANK YOU!!!!

I have completely lost my way to meditate these days, and I want it back - I can't even focus on anything to begin the prcoess. But, good luck and peace and clarity sent your way. breath in, breath out : )

great point! I also wondered why the prosecution didn't add their own domestic violence expert and psychologist to the witness list. After the prosecution's expert witnesses made their professional assessment of the defendant, their reports would quickly provide a professional quality reference point to demonstrate the obvious bias from the Defense Team's 'expert' witnesses.

Other cases have included expert witnesses for both sides, why didn't the PT have their own expert witness psych evaluation team?

The PT does have an expert PHD Psychologist on the list. Dr Demarte, and I can't wait to hear what she has to say!!! Sitting on pins and needles with the anticipation of it.

lI've been trying to take a break this weekend for some things that have been put off too long *cough*, but have popped in and out to read many great posts.

There are some things I need to get out:
The one thing ALV is correct about is the difference between thinking of yourself as a victim vs a survivor.
A victim feels helpless, less than, responsible for...
A survivor feels powerful, having gone thru, reclaiming their life and power...
It may sound like wordplay to some, but as one who has made this transition through a lot of hard work, it is a powerful difference in thinking.

Travis was a victim as a child, as were his siblings. Like far too many children, they were born into an unstable situation with parents battling the grip of addiction. They suffered with little food, little to no supervision, no stable place to live, little to no nurturing and guidance, etc.

Then his grandparents took them in and they were given love, a stable home, introduced to their religious beliefs, food to eat, nurturing, values, etc.

With his Grandmother's love and his own choices, Travis became a survivor as an adult. The terrible circumstances of his childhood did happen, but he was moving forward and claiming his life as his own. He was happy, funny, surrounded by friends and loved ones, successful and loving.

Then comes Jodi. Travis being a caring, loving person is a perfect target for a manipulative psychopath like Jodi (through NO fault on his part). Those who have been victims in the past are often far more forgiving than is good for them. Often their past abusers have "guilted them" and manipulated them. It is easy to fall into an old role, esp if you haven't had an opportunity to work through your past and see clearly the manipulations you were subjected to. Even if you do realize what is happening, people like Jodi are relentless, persistant, deceptive and manipulative to a degree I hope you never see in your lives.

So along comes Jodi, she sees what she wants in Travis and sets out to get it. Her stalking (and YES it was stalking), her manipulations through her "teach poor little me about the business", use of sex as a tie to him even after their break up, etc were all ways she tried to keep him in her life after it was clear he wanted out. By the time she moved back to Yreka, Travis knew who Jodi was and wanted nothing to do with her.

Then, of course, June 4. I believe Travis made it absolutely clear (as if his text was not clear enough??) that he was DONE with her and she killed him with a level of brutality that makes our stomachs churn and give us all nightmares. Travis paid the price for Jodi's selfishness and sick mind.

Now Jodi, Dr Fog and ALV get on the stand to try to convince the jury that Travis was the abuser. Travis was depraved. Travis was a user. Travis was this. Travis was that.
Once again, Travis is the victim. A victim of this smear campaign. Victim of Jodi, ALV, Dr. Fog, Nurmi and JW's horse and pony show trying to divert attention from the fact that Jodi is a brutal murderer. Travis is the victim of a court system that allows this to happen. (I understand why. Jodi's word is considered "evidence" and the jury is given the job of deciding what, if any of it, is true. I still HATE that this happens.)

Travis' family, friends and loved ones are victims also. Not only are they victims in the fact that a loved one was brutally taken from them but also victims of the entire defense team. They have had to sit through mind-numbing hours of horrible, heart-breaking lies about Travis. They have had to bite their tongues and swallow their emotions while others - supposed professionals - have behaved like spoiled children, disrespected the court and LIED LIED LIED about Travis.

BUT, and here is the AWESOME PART, Travis and his loved ones will be survivors again! There is NO WAY his family, friends. loved ones, Juan Martinez (and even those of us who only know of him because of this tragedy) will ever let the memories of who Travis really was die! His friends and family, photos from the past, Travis' own words in his blog, etc have all told us who Travis REALLY was. They are becoming survivors through their effort to be there every minute of this trial, through their strength to sit through horrible testimony of Travis' last moments, through their glowing faces and smiles in interviews they give recalling Travis and memories of time with him. All of their efforts remind all of us who Travis really was. A wonderful, loving brother/grandson/friend/man.

In the long run, what JA did to Travis that last day, this trial and all of the BS that has been spewed in testimony is not Travis' legacy. Travis' legacy is the love, zest for life, and generousity his family and friends know he shared during his time here on earth. The love and memories that will be shared with others in the future due to the impact Travis made on others - that is Travis' legacy.

This jury will find Jodi guilty. She will be sentenced and will fade from her 15 minutes of "fame" she has so enjoyed. The smirk on her face will be gone and she will spend whatever time she has left on this earth in a cell with no freedom. No more photography, no more boyfriends, no children, no family - simply the memories of what was and will never be again. Whether her time on earth is limited by the death penalty or life in prison without parole - each day will be spent without the attention she depends on like we need air.
Jodi Arias and her evilness will fade with time.
Travis' love never will.

God bless all who love Travis.
My prayers are for you.
My heart is with you.

ETA: Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. sorry :blushing:

lI've been trying to take a break this weekend for some things that have been put off too long *cough*, but have popped in and out to read many great posts.

The one thing ALV is correct about is the difference between thinking of yourself as a victim vs a survivor.
It may sound like wordplay to some, but as one who has made this transition through a lot of hard work, it is a powerful difference in thinking.

Travis was a victim as a child, as were his siblings. Like far too many children, they were born into an unstable situation with parents battling the grip of addiction. They suffered with little food, little to no supervision, no stable place to live, little to no nurturing and guidance, etc.

Then his grandparents took them in and they were given love, a stable home, introduced to their religious beliefs, food to eat, nurturing, values, etc.

With his Grandmother's love and his own choices, Travis became a survivor as an adult. The terrible circumstances of his childhood did happen, but he was moving forward and claiming his life as his own. He was happy, funny, surrounded by friends and loved ones, successful and loving.

Then comes Jodi. Travis being a caring, loving person is a perfect target for a manipulative psychopath like Jodi (through NO fault on his part). Those who have been victims in the past are often far more forgiving than is good for them. Often their past abusers have "guilted them" and manipulated them. It is easy to fall into an old role, esp if you haven't had an opportunity to work through your past and see clearly the manipulations you were subjected to. Even if you do realize what is happening, people like Jodi are relentless, persistant, deceptive and manipulative to a degree I hope you never see in your lives.

So along comes Jodi, she sees what she wants in Travis and sets out to get it. Her stalking (and YES it was stalking), her manipulations through her "teach poor little me about the business", use of sex as a tie to him even after their break up, etc were all ways she tried to keep him in her life after it was clear he wanted out. By the time she moved back to Yreka, Travis knew who Jodi was and wanted nothing to do with her.

Then, of course, June 4. I believe Travis made it absolutely clear (as if his text was not clear enough??) that he was DONE with her and she killed him with a level of brutality that makes our stomachs churn and give us all nightmares. Travis paid the price for Jodi's selfishness and sick mind.

Now Jodi, Dr Fog and ALV get on the stand to try to convince the jury that Travis was the abuser. Travis was depraved. Travis was a user. Travis was this. Travis was that.
Once again, Travis is the victim. A victim of this smear campaign. Victim of Jodi, ALV, Dr. Fog, Nurmi and JW's horse and pony show trying to divert attention from the fact that Jodi is a brutal murderer. Travis is the victim of a court system that allows this to happen. (I understand why. Jodi's word is considered "evidence" and the jury is given the job of deciding what, if any of it, is true. I still HATE that this happens.)

Travis' family, friends and loved ones are victims also. Not only are they victims in the fact that a loved one was brutally taken from them but also victims of the entire defense team. They have had to sit through mind-numbing hours of horrible, heart-breaking lies about Travis. They have had to bite their tongues and swallow their emotions while others - supposed professionals - have behaved like spoiled children, disrespected the court and LIED LIED LIED about Travis.

BUT, and here is the AWESOME PART, Travis and his loved ones will be survivors again! There is NO WAY his family, friends. loved ones, Juan Martinez (and even those of us who only know of him because of this tragedy) will ever let the memories of who Travis really was die! His friends and family, photos from the past, Travis' own words in his blog, etc have all told us who Travis REALLY was. They are becoming survivors through their effort to be there every minute of this trial, through their strength to sit through horrible testimony of Travis' last moments, through their glowing faces and smiles in interviews they give recalling Travis and memories of time with him. All of their efforts remind all of us who Travis really was. A wonderful, loving brother/grandson/friend/man.

In the long run, what JA did to Travis that last day, this trial and all of the BS that has been spewed in testimony is not Travis' legacy. Travis' legacy is the love, zest for life, and generousity his family and friends know he shared during his time here on earth. The love and memories that will be shared with others in the future due to the impact Travis made on others - that is Travis' legacy.

This jury will find Jodi guilty. She will be sentenced and will fade from her 15 minutes of "fame" she has so enjoyed. The smirk on her face will be gone and she will spend whatever time she has left on this earth in a cell with no freedom. No more photography, no more boyfriends, no children, no family - simply the memories of what was and will never be again. Whether her time on earth is limited by the death penalty or life in prison without parole - each day will be spent without the attention she depends on like we need air.
Travis' love never will.

My prayers are for you.
My heart is with you.

Your words are beautifully written and so true. Thank you and I can't agree more with your lovely sentiments. It also made me smile!

Travis' love never will.

My prayers are for you.
My heart is with you.

* Through flowing tears* Thank you so much for this post. So Beautiful, So insightful, and so TRUE. What a perfect reminder that one day all of the anger and pain I am feeling over this tragedy will one day fade, and only the love that I feel for these good people and their lost brother will remain. BRAVO!!!!

great point! I also wondered why the prosecution didn't add their own domestic violence expert and psychologist to the witness list. After the prosecution's expert witnesses made their professional assessment of the defendant, their reports would quickly provide a professional quality reference point to demonstrate the obvious bias from the Defense Team's 'expert' witnesses.

Other cases have included expert witnesses for both sides, why didn't the PT have their own expert witness psych evaluation team?

This is the prosecution's expert witness.

http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/name/Janeen_DeMarte_PhD_Phoenix_Arizona_136525

Travis' love never will.

My prayers are for you.
My heart is with you.

Thank you, this is beautiful and very touching.

Hi FrvrShl,

I'm sure that address will work just fine but I think the BEST address would be:

Samantha Alexander
PO Box 130023
Carlsbad, CA 92013

Because KCL has told us that she (Samantha) is handling all the gifts etc.:seeya:

I previously sent my donation to the above address of Samantha Alexander... FYI...

No prizes needed... Just knowing I am helping is all I need... :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member