a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lI've been trying to take a break this weekend for some things that have been put off too long *cough*, but have popped in and out to read many great posts.

There are some things I need to get out:
The one thing ALV is correct about is the difference between thinking of yourself as a victim vs a survivor.
A victim feels helpless, less than, responsible for...
A survivor feels powerful, having gone thru, reclaiming their life and power...
It may sound like wordplay to some, but as one who has made this transition through a lot of hard work, it is a powerful difference in thinking.

Travis was a victim as a child, as were his siblings. Like far too many children, they were born into an unstable situation with parents battling the grip of addiction. They suffered with little food, little to no supervision, no stable place to live, little to no nurturing and guidance, etc.

Then his grandparents took them in and they were given love, a stable home, introduced to their religious beliefs, food to eat, nurturing, values, etc.

With his Grandmother's love and his own choices, Travis became a survivor as an adult. The terrible circumstances of his childhood did happen, but he was moving forward and claiming his life as his own. He was happy, funny, surrounded by friends and loved ones, successful and loving.

Then comes Jodi. Travis being a caring, loving person is a perfect target for a manipulative psychopath like Jodi (through NO fault on his part). Those who have been victims in the past are often far more forgiving than is good for them. Often their past abusers have "guilted them" and manipulated them. It is easy to fall into an old role, esp if you haven't had an opportunity to work through your past and see clearly the manipulations you were subjected to. Even if you do realize what is happening, people like Jodi are relentless, persistant, deceptive and manipulative to a degree I hope you never see in your lives.

So along comes Jodi, she sees what she wants in Travis and sets out to get it. Her stalking (and YES it was stalking), her manipulations through her "teach poor little me about the business", use of sex as a tie to him even after their break up, etc were all ways she tried to keep him in her life after it was clear he wanted out. By the time she moved back to Yreka, Travis knew who Jodi was and wanted nothing to do with her.

Then, of course, June 4. I believe Travis made it absolutely clear (as if his text was not clear enough??) that he was DONE with her and she killed him with a level of brutality that makes our stomachs churn and give us all nightmares. Travis paid the price for Jodi's selfishness and sick mind.

Now Jodi, Dr Fog and ALV get on the stand to try to convince the jury that Travis was the abuser. Travis was depraved. Travis was a user. Travis was this. Travis was that.
Once again, Travis is the victim. A victim of this smear campaign. Victim of Jodi, ALV, Dr. Fog, Nurmi and JW's horse and pony show trying to divert attention from the fact that Jodi is a brutal murderer. Travis is the victim of a court system that allows this to happen. (I understand why. Jodi's word is considered "evidence" and the jury is given the job of deciding what, if any of it, is true. I still HATE that this happens.)

Travis' family, friends and loved ones are victims also. Not only are they victims in the fact that a loved one was brutally taken from them but also victims of the entire defense team. They have had to sit through mind-numbing hours of horrible, heart-breaking lies about Travis. They have had to bite their tongues and swallow their emotions while others - supposed professionals - have behaved like spoiled children, disrespected the court and LIED LIED LIED about Travis.

BUT, and here is the AWESOME PART, Travis and his loved ones will be survivors again! There is NO WAY his family, friends. loved ones, Juan Martinez (and even those of us who only know of him because of this tragedy) will ever let the memories of who Travis really was die! His friends and family, photos from the past, Travis' own words in his blog, etc have all told us who Travis REALLY was. They are becoming survivors through their effort to be there every minute of this trial, through their strength to sit through horrible testimony of Travis' last moments, through their glowing faces and smiles in interviews they give recalling Travis and memories of time with him. All of their efforts remind all of us who Travis really was. A wonderful, loving brother/grandson/friend/man.

In the long run, what JA did to Travis that last day, this trial and all of the BS that has been spewed in testimony is not Travis' legacy. Travis' legacy is the love, zest for life, and generousity his family and friends know he shared during his time here on earth. The love and memories that will be shared with others in the future due to the impact Travis made on others - that is Travis' legacy.

This jury will find Jodi guilty. She will be sentenced and will fade from her 15 minutes of "fame" she has so enjoyed. The smirk on her face will be gone and she will spend whatever time she has left on this earth in a cell with no freedom. No more photography, no more boyfriends, no children, no family - simply the memories of what was and will never be again. Whether her time on earth is limited by the death penalty or life in prison without parole - each day will be spent without the attention she depends on like we need air.
Jodi Arias and her evilness will fade with time.
Travis' love never will.

God bless all who love Travis.
My prayers are for you.
My heart is with you.

ETA: Just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. sorry :blushing:

WOW! Your post is amazing . . . thank you so much for your beautiful words! :seeya:

I am soooo laughing....

Am I reading this right....?

JA, at one time, makes an Objection...

And GW (Gypsy Woman) smilingly says "Yes" when the Judge asks if the court will be there at 9:30 a.m. On Monday...

Well... I did not hear if the Judge sustained or overruled Jodi's Objection...

But I imagine the Judge is very thankful that GW will be in court at the appointed time on Monday!

Oh My Gosh!!! Hysterical! :silly:

After the DT's poor performance, I wonder if JA isn't thinking that she should have gone ahead and represented herself in court. She probably couldn't have done much worse...:floorlaugh:

Thanks for this. As my mother was in a coma she was never alone. One of her children, my father, or one of her sisters was there with her. I don't know what others did when they were there but I spent my time talking to her and singing some of her favorite hymns. I also let her know that if she was to tired to fight, it was okay. I would take care of dad for her and we would be ok.

By all means, talk to her.

This is exactly what I did with my mother last June when she passed away. I stroked her forehead and cheek and held her hand. I softly sang her two favorite hymns to her. I told her what a great mom she was and thanked her for always putting us kids before her. I told her how proud I was as a kid taking her homemade decorated cookies to school for parties. I also apologized for anything I had ever done that made her upset or hurt her. i was with mom when she died, and I cherish that I was alone with her, spending the last hours of her life with her. It has given me a real sense of peace knowing I was there for her in the end, when she had alway been there for me. I will add you to my prayer list and ask for comfort for both of you at this stressful time.

I had said it. The other thing is if the journals are written in ink, then how did she get the pens, since I believe they are only allowed little pencils.

ETA: I was just guessing why the journals were taken - I made the analyzing assumption....

This is what I had said:

snipped

IMHO, the state seized them, if there is any writing in pen (remember all the blue pens she got in trouble for hiding), I'm guessing they want to run chemical tests to see if the same pens were used to "create" all the journals that ALV relied on for her assessment of JA.

They might also want to check the ink for shampoo residue :biggrin:

Praying that funds that been donated will take some financial stress off the family for a little while. Thanks KCL for allowing us to help.

This is exactly what I did with my mother last June when she passed away. I stroked her forehead and cheek and held her hand. I softly sang her two favorite hymns to her. I told her what a great mom she was and thanked her for always putting us kids before her. I told her how proud I was as a kid taking her homemade decorated cookies to school for parties. I also apologized for anything I had ever done that made her upset or hurt her. i was with mom when she died, and I cherish that I was alone with her, spending the last hours of her life with her. It has given me a real sense of peace knowing I was there for her in the end, when she had alway been there for me. I will add you to my prayer list and ask for comfort for both of you at this stressful time.

It was an honor to take care of my Mom and my hubby during their illnesses and deaths. I began doing Hospice Volunteer work afterwards. Hospice has tremendous grief groups to help with the grieving process.

Good Evening Everyone!

I come home to 46 PM's...wow!

I'm gonna wait til Midnight to pull my name for the winner so anyone who wants to participate can still get in on it.

I've heard from Samantha and by 4pm or so it was clear we'd exceeded my goal of $5K in one day (today). WOW!!! By the way, the family had no idea this was coming until a couple hours after I kicked the pebble that started the avalanche.

And this was NOT taking in to consideration one single donor who, outside of the paypal system, sent $3500 today in honor of this effort. As they said to me "I want to make sure you will meet your goal today".

Again, WOW!

I've not asked the total, nor will I. But you can do the math if the goal was exceeded this afternoon plus that huge donation and many more coming in from that...well that's a nice ball of love and relief to this family who have desperately needed it. The "desperately" word is mine because they are much like I am...strong and stoic and won't ask for assistance. I just sort of saw this need and like most of you, felt like I wanted to help and feel such an extraordinary gratitude to be able to sit with them in court that I just had to do something.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for getting on board with this project with me.

This was like "church" for me all day long.

I can't wait to see their faces tomorrow..and on top of that, I'm bringing the tie to Steven and also some other cards that have been sent to me.

I have a feeling this avalanche of love will be palpable in the courtroom tomorrow...watch on the feed and see what you see.

Now off to respond to all these pm's.

I will announce the contest winner by morning (if not 12:01 tonite).

I have the ribbon boxed and ready to send.

:seeya:

Oh and PS. Sam texted me and said she'd seen me on the news...??? I guess they re ran the piece today that was filmed last week about my assisting the Alexanders and fund raising for them....what timing huh???

I take it by the way ALV refused to follow the rules that ALV thought JSS was not very assertive as a judge (and a woman) so she did not take the Judge seriously when she was previously admonished and warned. I guess she was wrong about the judge. :floorlaugh:

I wonder if she'll tell the JUDGE to take a time-out. :biggrin:

Your words are beautifully written and so true. Thank you and I can't agree more with your lovely sentiments. It also made me smile!

not requoting the whole post, but i agree. that was a very heartfelt post. tomhanks to
you both!

Thank you KCL, I donated just a few minutes ago. I had to set up a paypal first. What an awesome Pay It Forward, as I have tried to follow that for quite some time.

Katie, thank you for being the 'leader' that you are. I am so thrilled that everybody pitching in helped you to reach your goal for the Alexander's. I have never seen such love, support and compassion as I have seen exhibited by the members of WS. What a unique group. Just when you think you've lost all faith in mankind, someone like you comes along, bands everyone together to help another. I am so proud of each and everyone on this forum, you are a special breed of human beings.

I'm so happy to be watching as this miracle unfolds.
No need for electric light in the courtroom tomorrow.
A certain kind of glow will radiate,
more beautiful than words could ever describe.

This is such a great thing everyone is doing for Travis' family. God knows they deserve it and so do we people here on Earth. They put up with so much on a daily basis. It is heartbreaking for me to see them sit there so stoic day in and day out. I saw Sam cry the other day and just let it rip within me along with her. Lost my Dad when I was only ten yrs. old to a massive heart attack right in our living room and just lost my mom last yr. I still cry at thr drop of a memory for either one of them. The pain gets better but never goes away. Bless this family for their strength and endourance through this horrid time in their lives. May God Bless Them All.

I wonder if she'll tell the JUDGE to take a time-out. :biggrin:
There were many times that JM told the JS 'your honor, the witness isn't answering' or some such and she would say 'substained'. I wondered if there would be a penalty to be paid for those acknowledgements by the judge that ALV was being, at the least, uncooperative. Is it possible this is the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme