a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering what Wilmott was attempting to do late today as she did a cross - she was going over so much on Dr. DeM's CV that it seemed to me that she was hoping/trying to trip up the Dr., or else she was very smitten with Dr. DeM's great CV!!

Thanks for doing this Katie!

I have to say Jodi's "I realized I killed him seeing the one drop of blood on my hand" is ridculous. That girl loves to steal material from the movies. And not good ones, LOL.

Wow, I want a cigarette after that. That was amazing.

CROSS

JD has navel intelligence toward JW. She's not afraid like ALV was even though she covered it up w/ bravado.

No note taking on CV stuff.

Not one juror takes notes on "chose to wait" to get license.

JD is unrattled.

Unlike Samuels and ALV, JD has put herself on the map nationally as an expert witness now.

NO note taking still on JD background.

HW appears to be reviwing previous notes--other than that, no interactions with the note pads going on.

JW is really showing how industrious JD has been w/ her career. She's unshakable.

Able to feel some compassion but not to be biased--JA still writing away and not looking up.

No note taking anywhere on this compassion/bias stuff...WEAK.

CEO chomping wildly on his gum again during this cross.

Paul R. yawning, chin in hand.

I am a Donna I feel your pain lol!

Donna's and Barb's are always welcome into into the K club.. I was just saying it was odd how many of us are Kathy derivatives, It's a bit odd.. but we love all. As well we are all here for the same thing, no one, NO ONE is an outcast <3

PRISON! She worked there doing "group therapy" with inmates who've commited assaults

8-16 evaluations per week

DV minimum in 1/2 of those

Battered Woman Syndrome

"there did not appear to be significant abuse in this relationship" triple BOOM

The fact that this witness worked within the prison system, I think is Huge. She knows the operators and how they "operate"...I'm sure JA tried to "operate" on her and that is why it took this witness 12 hours of clinical interviews to know for certainty who this person was...She has her figured out.

Just wondering what Wilmott was attempting to do late today as she did a cross - she was going over so much on Dr. DeM's CV that it seemed to me that she was hoping/trying to trip up the Dr. Was she just floundering around on purpose?

She was trying to be Jaun, she FAILED!

Even HW has ceased note taking.

Not one note taken when JW gets in her little zinger re: how she wouldn't have been able to supervise ALV in 1980. Wow.

State hospital experience...wow she has a lot of forensic background and experience...thanks Jennifer!

Nancy, CEO, Paul R have sat down their pens and don't pick them back up. HW , Grandpa poised with pens but not writing w/ them.

Re: sex offenders--deny, distort, etc. No note taking

JW seems over her head with this witness

HW drinkign green tea but not note taking

Jurors attentive, just not taking notes

JD having trouble keeping a straight face cuz JW can't keep it straight re: when you should practice as a Psychologist (asked and answered!)

JW is making zero points..nothing noteworthy literally as no jurors are taking notes, even the regulars

Paul R. keeps rubbing his head
S
Still no questions in the jury basket. I think they like her and won't challenge her like they did Samuels and ALV

Kathleen here.....lol! Happy to know so many of you wonderful, smart, witty WB'ers share the same name!

JW still unsuccessfully trying to "bust" JD on giving weekly vs. monthly lectures and the clock has ticked over to 4:32.

Wrestler is packing up his notebook.

DISMISSED FOR THE DAY!

That's it folks! I'll be back tomorrow pm session for more! Tomorrow, I wear PANTS! :seeya:

... and a Katrina!

...and a Kristin! :)

Sorry O/T and I don't know what that's all about, but I thought I'd throw myself in there lol.

To keep it on topic... Thank you KCL, as always, for sharing your awesome notes! I thought today was a great start for rebuttal! The defense can pick at Dr. D's age all they want, but she was very knowledgeable and much more credible than Dr. S or ALV! No way JW can take that away from her! She explained everything well, using logical examples, and didn't come across as condescending. :great:

Ooh one of my favorite parts of the day was when JM asked her when she apologized to JA. Ummm.... I didn't? About what? That would be an odd thing to do in an interview/evaluation. :floorlaugh:

JW still unsuccessfully trying to "bust" JD on giving weekly vs. monthly lectures and the clock has ticked over to 4:32.

DISMISSED FOR THE DAY!

That's it folks! I'll be back tomorrow pm session for more! Tomorrow, I wear PANTS! :seeya:

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this everyday. Your observations are the highlight of the night!:tyou:

Sorry O/T and I don't know what that's all about, but I thought I'd throw myself in there lol.

To keep it on topic... Thank you KCL, as always, for sharing your awesome notes! I thought today was a great start for rebuttal! The defense can pick at Dr. D's age all they want, but she was very knowledgeable and much more credible than Dr. S or ALV! No way JW can take that away from her! She explained everything well, using logical examples, and didn't come across as condescending. :great:

Ooh one of my favorite parts of the day was when JM asked her when she apologized the JA. Ummm.... I didn't? About what? That would be an odd thing to do in an interview/evaluation. :floorlaugh:

She said a LOT that shot down ALV and MR. Samuels. She made them look like the fake Drs. that they are. JMO

The marked difference in Dr. DeM. and Jodi today hit me immediately. Knowing they are about the same age, one has risen to great heights in her life and career, and the other is a killer about to be on death row. I am sure Jodi must be jealous of the smart and professional Dr. DeM. and might even wish that she had done something differently with her own life.

I am not sure Jodi is capable of wishing she had done something different. I think she is thinking "If Travis would have married ME none of this would be happening. I would have the life I wanted." JMO

The fact that this witness worked within the prison system, I think is Huge. She knows the operators and how they "operate"...I'm sure JA tried to "operate" on her and that is why it took this witness 12 hours of clinical interviews to know for certainty who this person was...She has her figured out.

She had her figured out and that is why Jodi wouldn't look at her. Couldn't schmooze her like she did the defense experts(cough) :great:

I love Juan's writing the characteristics down not only to let jury/us/Jodi see, but to signal jury it is important and to take notes themselves. Clever.

Yes, I agree - Very Clever. I felt the urge to take notes too! :blushing:
Perhaps another clever aspect of it was to subtly bring more attention to JA's hyper-Hypergraphia today? ;)

Thanks KCL! What an exciting day. :great:

Prayers for Pasa and her family, you are missed (((Pasa))).

I am not sure Jodi is capable of wishing she had done something different. I think she is thinking "If Travis would have married ME none of this would be happening. I would have the life I wanted." JMO

Either that or once again reassuring herself that it was all Travis' fault.

Ooh one of my favorite parts of the day was when JM asked her when she apologized the JA. Ummm.... I didn't? About what? That would be an odd thing to do in an interview/evaluation. :floorlaugh:

Can I get in the K club too via the back door? I'm a Kristin too!

Amazing day today! KCL, was the family as happy with MISS DeMarte as we were?

DISMISSED FOR THE DAY!

Thanks KatieC, enjoyed your info and your humor. A quick observation, Steven really looks drawn and sad lately, just wondering how he's doing--hear a lot about the sisters and how they are but not too much about about Steven. Just wondering. TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018