a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
~~~~BREAKING NEWS!!!~~~~

Ok I just came back from downtown doing a Top Secret mission but while I was down there had to drop some things off for Beth, met her boss and found out this info:

There is a parkish kind of area near the courthouse that is in the middle of a lot of restaurants and shops (many of which we frequent) that CNN is basically taking over for the next 3 days.

Jane Valez Mitchell will be filming from over there LIVE and interviewing local people about the trial.

There are setting up large screens where they will live stream the closings AND the verdict (one of our posters I was talking to called it Closingspalooza). So local people if you want to watch the closings on a large screen you can head over there (it's where CVS, Starbucks, Chloe's Corner and Lucky Strike are).

While I went down there I also dropped something off for Beth and met her boss and while we were talking on the sidewalk, the Alexanders left the courthouse and walked down the sidewalk we were on so I talked to them for awhile. All I can say is they all had smiles on their faces after the closed hearing this morning so.....I'm thinking they were good with it.

I'll be going down first thing in the morning and see where I land. I'd say there is a very OFF CHANCE I could get in the courtroom OR the Victim room but if not I'll have my laptop and stream it from the hallway.

And I'll be checking in a hotel downtown and have internet access so I'll post what I can, when I can, what I can share thru Sat morning.

Wow...it's all getting so real right now, isn't it?

Great news KCL. So excited to hear this.

OOOOOHHHHHHHHhhhh KatieCooLady !!!!!:jumping:

Bless Your GreatBig Heart :heartbeat::heartbeat:
:seeya:

~~~~BREAKING NEWS!!!~~~~

Ok I just came back from downtown doing a Top Secret mission but while I was down there had to drop some things off for Beth, met her boss and found out this info:

There is a parkish kind of area near the courthouse that is in the middle of a lot of restaurants and shops (many of which we frequent) that CNN is basically taking over for the next 3 days.

Jane Valez Mitchell will be filming from over there LIVE and interviewing local people about the trial.

There are setting up large screens where they will live stream the closings AND the verdict (one of our posters I was talking to called it Closingspalooza). So local people if you want to watch the closings on a large screen you can head over there (it's where CVS, Starbucks, Chloe's Corner and Lucky Strike are).

While I went down there I also dropped something off for Beth and met her boss and while we were talking on the sidewalk, the Alexanders left the courthouse and walked down the sidewalk we were on so I talked to them for awhile. All I can say is they all had smiles on their faces after the closed hearing this morning so.....I'm thinking they were good with it.

I'll be going down first thing in the morning and see where I land. I'd say there is a very OFF CHANCE I could get in the courtroom OR the Victim room but if not I'll have my laptop and stream it from the hallway.

And I'll be checking in a hotel downtown and have internet access so I'll post what I can, when I can, what I can share thru Sat morning.

~~~~BREAKING NEWS!!!~~~~

We always appreciate what you can do Katie even if it takes a while to get it out there. Your health is certainly more important and we can always catch up later while we wait for a verdict. It's nice to hear the family can smile. Thanks, again for all you do.

~~~~BREAKING NEWS!!!~~~~

snipped and bbm

Yes Katie it is.

Before this trial, I was a proponent of the Death Penalty but that was always in the abstract, since I had never been called to jury duty to decide one nor had I ever lost a loved one to a homicide. I did not have much knowledge of either Travis or Jodi at the beginning - unlike so many of the aficionados and knowledgeable people who populate Web Sleuths. I did a little Internet research before everything started and, certainly with seeing pictures of Travis Alexander after death, I had some bias going in; nevertheless, I tried to remain "impartial" as a jury member would/should be, particularly when the defense tried to "humanize" Jodi on the witness stand. I did, indeed, look at Jodi, and wonder - could I, as a juror, really vote to have her put to death.

It didn't take long, however, for me to realize that not only is this Jodi character guilty but also she is beyond redemption, to say nothing of the fact that she is really, really scary and evil to the nth degree. Now, with an animal which is beyond "redemption", society has no qualms about putting such an animal down.

Please note: I am not equating animals to humans but the theory, in fact, stands on its own merits, at least in my final analysis. However, Jodi has shown she has no respect for life, the legal system, societal norms nor common decency. Her coldness has become my coldness and I have validated my initial thoughts that, yes indeed, there is a time and place for the Death Penalty. My fervent wish is that Jodi Ann Arias will receive this.

Thank you Katie for all that you have done to bring the story of Travis and Jodi into a realm that we can all experience. Hug each and every one of the Alexander family for me and tell them that I want want Justice for Travis Alexander - a man that I did not know before but a man, a person, that I would have so enjoyed knowing..

I don't see the relevance of the Alexander family being happy this morning. What was the closed hearing about? Someone help a sista out. I feel like I've missed something big here...

All good news, KCL. Glad you were able to share, especially about the Alexander family. My heart tends to pound a little faster at moments like this.

Super glad you can stay downtown!! Just skedaddle off to your room should you need a break ---- and take care to rest!! MamaSpell is ordering you, got it? :rose:

:seeya::seeya::seeya:spell

The feeling I get from the family and Travis, I don't think they would want anyone to sacrifice their health in order to be apart of the fast. I know from posts here that they appreciate thoughts and prayers. If you felt like you wanted to do something beyond thoughts and prayers, maybe your family or religion has an alternative to fasting. Meditating, vow of silence, lighting a candle or incense or both, planting flowers, having your thoughts be intentional all day, certain yoga movements dedicated to them, it can be anything that is special to you for the family.

Don't worry about not fasting, you being here and you thinking about Travis and his family are enough.

I thought about them all day. I'm glad to hear they were smiling today when Katie saw them.

I hope my ideas are ok to post.

Much love and peace is going out to all of them tonight~~~

I don't see the relevance of the Alexander family being happy this morning. What was the closed hearing about? Someone help a sista out. I feel like I've missed something big here...

Since it was a closed hearing we don't know but the fact that the family can be happy about anything right now is fine with me. We may or may not ever know what all the closed hearings are in this case were about but if we do it will be way down the road...possibly even after any appeals are determined...so bottom line we may never know.

snipped and bbm

Yes Katie it is.

Before this trial, I was a proponent of the Death Penalty but that was always in the abstract, since I had never been called to jury duty to decide one nor had I ever lost a loved one to a homicide. I did not have much knowledge of either Travis or Jodi at the beginning - unlike so many of the aficionados and knowledgeable people who populate Web Sleuths. I did a little Internet research before everything started and, certainly with seeing pictures of Travis Alexander after death, I had some bias going in; nevertheless, I tried to remain "impartial" as a jury member would/should be, particularly when the defense tried to "humanize" Jodi on the witness stand. I did, indeed, look at Jodi, and wonder - could I, as a juror, really vote to have her put to death.
It didn't take long, however, for me to realize that not only is this Jodi character guilty but also she is beyond redemption, to say nothing of the fact that she is really, really scary and evil to the nth degree. Now, with an animal which is beyond "redemption", society has no qualms about putting such an animal down.

Please note: I am not equating animals to humans but the theory, in fact, stands on its own merits, at least in my final analysis. However, Jodi has shown she has no respect for life, the legal system, societal norms nor common decency. Her coldness has become my coldness and I have validated my initial thoughts that, yes indeed, there is a time and place for the Death Penalty. My fervent wish is that Jodi Ann Arias will receive this.

Thank you Katie for all that you have done to bring the story of Travis and Jodi into a realm that we can all experience. Hug each and every one of the Alexander family for me and tell them that I want want Justice for Travis Alexander - a man that I did not know before but a man, a person, that I would have so enjoyed knowing..

BBM -- I'm impressed that you started out trying to be impartial...I was a juror once on an aggrevated robbery trial and it was very interesting ...I will say that at the start of deliberations I wasn't sure of the person guilt on those charges but after we discussed it I was positive he was guilty...I truly believe that Jodi is guilty of premediated murder and she deserves the DP.

KCL, I know this is a dumb question, but I am new here and not sure of things yet, but will this be the forum that you post to over the next couple of days? I want to be glued to your postings as well as the TV and my live streaming computer coverage! Thanks!!!

KCL, you are an angel on earth.

I can't think of any other words to describe you and what you are doing for the Alexander family. So much love extended your way from all of us here.

Thanks guys...so many beautiful things have unfolded in the last couple of days, it is my blessing to be involved with supporting this family. it is helping me heal my own wounds in a profound way.

I even have someone driving me over right now to drop off a bunch of gift cards and gifts to bring them...and the ribbon winner wrote me tonite and got her Travis ribbon in the mail! :)

So many good vibes I can barely stand it.

JUSTICE IS COMING!!!!!

KCL, I know this is a dumb question, but I am new here and not sure of things yet, but will this be the forum that you post to over the next couple of days? I want to be glued to your postings as well as the TV and my live streaming computer coverage! Thanks!!!

Yes I will post here. I will have internet access at the hotel and of course my phone. I'll take pics when I can too.

Also the video piece Beth Karas interviewed me for will air at least by the weekend...she was finishing the editing today (and asked for some things). It will be about the support given to the Alexander family (some of which will blow your mind--and I have lots of pics..stay tuned).

KCL: You have three big days coming up. Take care of yourself and do what's necessary to stay healthy.
HUGS!

What is the BREAKING NEWS and TOP SECRET info? Must have missed it, yes we all know the trial is ending so.....???

What is the BREAKING NEWS and TOP SECRET info? Must have missed it, yes we all know the trial is ending so.....???

Did you read my post? The breaking news is about the set up in the urban park in downtown PHX with big screens projecting closing arguments live in AZ as well as the verdict when it comes in (for local people interested in not getting in line at 2am but still wanting to see it with others) and other HLN broadcast LIVE from the park. Pics will be coming in the morning for our project, which was a surprise for the Alexanders today so wouldn't have posted it until, ya know, they got it. It may not be important or relevant to everyone but it was an amazing thing to be involved in, I can tell you that.

I was humbled to have met KatieCooLady tonight! What a beautiful, intelligent, inspiring and fearless woman! I feel so honored. I probably won't be able to sleep :)

KCL, thanks for fighting the good fight and being such a rock for the Alexander family. Take care of yourself and know that all of us are sending love and strength your way!:rocker:

So sorry bout my dorkiness. Do we know about the closed hearing at all? I just read where the family had smiles..........but anything more? what was it about? tia

I was humbled to have met KatieCooLady tonight! What a beautiful, intelligent, inspiring and fearless woman! I feel so honored. I probably won't be able to sleep :)

KCL, thanks for fighting the good fight and being such a rock for the Alexander family. Take care of yourself and know that all of us are sending love and strength your way!:rocker:

awww thank you for dropping off the goodies (I'll get pics of that too) and the gift bag for me! Hey, I need to open that! I'm gonna go do that now! Thanks so much! xoxo

So sorry bout my dorkiness. Do we know about the closed hearing at all? I just read where the family had smiles..........but anything more? what was it about? tia

Don't know, didn't ask. All I know is I ran in to them coincidentally on their way out and they were all dressed to the 9's having been in a closed hearing and I said "everybody feelin good?" and they all smiled back. I just took that as a good sign. No other info..sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV