a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, sorry for taking your time, but I was wondering what you are basing this on...I mean do you think some of the jurors "hate" her more than others? I am disappointed that you think they might not give her DP, that's why I'm asking.

Hey there. Don't be sorry...I'm happy to answer questions.

Let me say this is all my opinion based on my observations of the jury. I have no clue, obviously, what each juror is thinking. There are definitely some that seem more over it than others, and I think the juror's questions tell us for sure that at least some of them do not believe Jodi's version of events. We have to be careful, though, in assuming that is what they're ALL thinking.

So...that's why I'll hold my opinion on the DP. I think she deserves it, and I want to believe they'll give it to her. IMO.

There is alot of buzz on Twitter by another court observer that says that Jodi is flirting and maintaining eye contact with four of the male jurors. I find it odd that you have not made mention of this even though she is stating that "several other court observers have seen this" and "it has been going on for five or six weeks".

Can you shed any light on this matter?

I'm off to the main thread to read KCL's posts on this topic, but I will tell you that I too call BS. They don't look at her. None of them. Never. And "maintain eye contact"? No way. Not happening.:scared:

Thank you so much, my3sons, for confirming that Nurmi's cross of Deana went over like a disgusting lead balloon. We only had Jean C. with her "they are so focused on what Nurmi says" dialogue. He. was. disgusting. Thanks for sharing your notes with us!

Jean said they were focused on what Nurmi said? For real?:floorlaugh::facepalm:

Nothing could be further from the truth. The groans in the public section were audible, and the looks on the juror's faces told the story. No notes, heads in hands, looking at the floor, slouching in chairs...

TXProfessional, I'm not My3sons, but this question has been asked many times! IIRC, the 12 deliberating jurors will be chosen by random "lot" before deliberations. I don't have any idea if they pull numbers from a hat, or how they do it.

I suspect that they keep the alternates available until a verdict is reached and any subsequent penalty phase is over. But I'm not sure about the penalty phase part-- would a mistrial occur if a primary juror couldn't continue thru penalty phase? I'll ask on legal thread!

Perhaps I should have asked my question in a different thread or researched it myself, thanks.

the "innocent" site has been stating that Tanisha has been banned from going into the judges chambers, along with her siblings, because she has posted negative information about alyce, on her (tanishas) fb page. could you address this and if its not true, at least some of them will know the real story. they believe it even though they cant seem to find proof of it. (thats the real story of that web site)

I can tell you that Sam and Steven went into chambers when I was there and Tanisha did not. I have no information as to why, however. Maybe KCL knows.

I do not believe for a milisecond anything that nasty, vile site says. MOO.

I can tell you that Sam and Steven went into chambers when I was there and Tanisha did not. I have no information as to why, however. Maybe KCL knows.

I do not believe for a milisecond anything that nasty, vile site says. MOO.

Tanisha was in there yesterday for a very important hearing with Sam. Limited room so they trade off.

I hope at some point Travis' family and friends write a book, or something, to tell who he really is. Erase once and for all all the lies Arias has said about him. I think most of us know they are lies....but it would be wonderful to have a positive thing built/written in his memory.

Stay tuned for Shana Hogans book as well. She dug deep to get Travis' story and Jodi doesn't even come in til far in to the book..she told me this all last week.

I am sitting in the boat of frustration with you, mamapena, but I truly believe, with Juan leading the fight, that THIS Jury with get it right!!

This sounds like a great mantra, Ckrdpast... :smile:

"I truly believe, with Juan leading the fight...

That THIS jury will get it right!!" :rocker:

:seeya:

Oh my gosh...sorry it's taken me so long to post these!! Here goes:

I got to the courthouse at 7:35 and the line was 4 rows deep. WOW! Lots of people. They keep coming, and eventually there are close to 60 people hoping to get one of the 26 public seats. After they take folks in for the morning I am 8th in line. We watch the feed, although lots of us have trouble with it freezing. We update each other on the testimony and read the tweets.

The seat-selling drama happens now...right before the lunch break. I'll answer questions about it if you have them.

When I get in Deanna was on cross. HW and Grandpa took notes re: Travis and Deanna becoming bf/gf. Paul Rudd and Artist look bored during this testimony.
No notes at all during her leaving on a mission, him not proposing testimony.

CEO writes about Deanna getting letter from Travis before the end if her mission.

Nurmi brings up Linda Bell but goes no where with that. Weird. Isn't she the one for whom he bought the ring? He drops it just about as quickly as he brought it up.

Thank you, My3Sons, for taking the time to share your notes with us!

:seeya:

Check the main thread. I just went off on this erroneous BS "observation". In several posts.

Suffice to say IT IS NOT HAPPENING. EVER. NEVER. Not once. It's utter and complete nonsense.

KCL - where would I find your post on the other thread?

KCL - where would I find your post on the other thread?

It is in this area, post 926: [ there are several there here is the first one that answers the issue]

trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160 - Page 38 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Let me say this very clearly. There are ZERO jurors "flirting" or making eye contact with anyone anywhere. I have watched them nearly daily like a hawk, walking in, walking out, sitting in the jury box, etc. IF this were the case, there would be arguments made to dismiss those jurors. I'm not the only person watching them and it would have been noticed. It would be the same if jurors were seeing looking at the family and smiling or winking or making eye contact.

IT DOES NOT HAPPEN. EVER.

I am 100% confident in this as a. I have been in that courtroom more days than not throughout this trial and watching the jury has been one of my primary focuses. I sit with the family in, usually the second row, sometimes first, right in front of the jury box and just feet from the jury entrance. I have walked them enter/exit that courtroom just feet from my face dozens and dozens of times now.

And b. As I stated above, others are watching them like hawks and if there was EVER, ANYTHING even REMOTELY like that, the lawyers would be arguing to have that or those jurors dismissed and that has never happened.

I don't know who's spreading that BS but it's just that. Made up BS. And I for one, don't appreciate it as these jurors are taking their job seriously, they walk in and out of that courtroom like ants looking forward. They didn't even look at stupid Jodi when she was VonTrapping every day on the stand staring at them as they walked in. I watched it every single day and NOT ONE ever looked back at her.

EVER. NEVER. It is NOT happening.

Hope this is clear.

My3Sons your notes are fantastic! :skip:
You are extremely observant of just the things we love to hear about. The things we can not see while the trial is going on. What the jurors are doing, gallery is saying.... I LOVE reading your notes.

Thank you so much for standing in line, giving up a much more comfortable place at home just trying to get in and then giving us such observations. You are a pro trial watcher :hug: and we appreciate you.

KCL please please please give our best to PASA. I am so saddened that really hard times fall on the best of people. I will be thinking, praying and hoping that her father gets better and that PASA gets a break. :heartbeat:

OH! Forgive me if this can not be answered due to privacy issues but did I see our two heroes wearing their power ties yesterday?

It is in this area, post 926: [ there are several there here is the first one that answers the issue]

trial day 52: REBUTTAL; #160 - Page 38 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Let me say this very clearly. There are ZERO jurors "flirting" or making eye contact with anyone anywhere. I have watched them nearly daily like a hawk, walking in, walking out, sitting in the jury box, etc. IF this were the case, there would be arguments made to dismiss those jurors. I'm not the only person watching them and it would have been noticed. It would be the same if jurors were seeing looking at the family and smiling or winking or making eye contact.

IT DOES NOT HAPPEN. EVER.

I am 100% confident in this as a. I have been in that courtroom more days than not throughout this trial and watching the jury has been one of my primary focuses. I sit with the family in, usually the second row, sometimes first, right in front of the jury box and just feet from the jury entrance. I have walked them enter/exit that courtroom just feet from my face dozens and dozens of times now.

And b. As I stated above, others are watching them like hawks and if there was EVER, ANYTHING even REMOTELY like that, the lawyers would be arguing to have that or those jurors dismissed and that has never happened.

I don't know who's spreading that BS but it's just that. Made up BS. And I for one, don't appreciate it as these jurors are taking their job seriously, they walk in and out of that courtroom like ants looking forward. They didn't even look at stupid Jodi when she was VonTrapping every day on the stand staring at them as they walked in. I watched it every single day and NOT ONE ever looked back at her.

EVER. NEVER. It is NOT happening.

Hope this is clear.

Katie,

I was an emotional basket case after the KC trial. I cried for weeks after...
Having your updates on this trial is keeping things in perspective for me, thank you so much for your observations. Worried but trying to believe.

Many thanks,

Teresa

This is just so wrong, and I hope they catch whoever did this. Although I do not like this defense team, NO ONE deserves this emotional pain. I wondered why she was so reserved and nervous acting yesterday. Hopefully they ALL remain safe. Jodi has caused so much pain for way too many people, and I cannot wait until she is found guilty of Murder in the first degree.

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...orney-jennifer-willmott-receives-death-threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett