a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's midnight and I just got home from my wonderful dinner with Beth. We sat outside at a sidewalk table and ate salmon and talked and talked and talked. Aside, of course, from obsessing over this trial, in every possible way, we also found out we have many many things in common in our "outside of trial" lives. She's one of the few people I've ever met who is intimately acquainted with my work (which is very specialized) and in fact has gone to a clinic I sometimes fill in in Sedona for some hand therapy at one point.

As she said "it only took us 3 trials to become friends" (Scott Peterson, James Ray, now this one).

She thinks it will be a short verdict also. You can guess what verdict she predicts.

She is such a lovely, real person and it's an honor and pleasure to even sit at a table with her. I told her that as well!

I'm so sleepy but will sleep like a baby tonite (still in the hotel) and going to a gathering tomorrow where some of the Alexanders will be. They were just spent tonite as you can imagine. The intensity of this all wearing on all of us, here, there and everywhere.

I got to speak with our darling Jayarroh on the phone today and how serendipitous that I ran in to his poster on twitter, asked his permission to print it (I just HAD to get it to Juan Martinez), he found a way to get it sent to me today in a stellar form which turned in to me actually having a private pow wow with Juan Martinez the very day the case ends because of that poster. And because of the M&M's another WS poster sent me! WOW, how about that? REALLY! It takes a Village, seriously!

Thanks for all the love everyone. I hope you felt like I've carried you in to every experience here. That's certainly been my intention.

We're all feelin the love and JUSTICE IS COMING.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think Monday is a possibility.

Whew..................! Sweet dreams all............

One thing that is so very amazing is that so many folks love Travis that never met him. Many of us here love him and will forever carry him in our hearts.

He has touched us so deeply that we pray daily for justice for him, his family and friends.

We continued througout this trial to seek justice for him and to support the Alexander Family to the best of our abilities. Not many folks can touch others in this manner.

For me Juan Martinez was the beacon that lead us on our path to get to know and love Travis. KatieCool, PASA, and others here allowed our voices to be heard by the family. It is such a great gift to love a stranger...someone I never met and to support Justice for him.
Thanks much to all of you.

God Bless You Pferrin . . .
You put into words exactly how I feel. For some reason I just want to cry but I'm not real certain why I feel this way. I can only say that I so very much want to cry for JOY when the guilty of 'First degree or/and felony murder' comes in. Perhaps it's the waiting that has me in overload nright now. Please hold my hand while we wait.

((((:seeya:))))

Hugging you right now...you are in my heart.

Is it OK if I cry on your shoulder???? Thank You for being exactly who you are. I'm just so weepy right now and you're like a port in a storm. THANK YOU !!!!

Bless Your Heart !
Warm WI (((Hugs))) for You.

We feel like crying because such a wonderful, amazing man was taken far too soon. What is that is said "Only the good die young." Travis and his family have this beautiful (blue) light that radiates from them.

We can all cry together.

I wish that I had known Travis while he was alive. He's the kind of friend that everyone needs in their lives. His life was not in vain though. Look at all the people coming together to support his family and pray for justice. This doesn't happen every day. People from ALL over the world know about him. Once you start learning about this case and you see Travis as he really was, (not the DT's version), you just want to learn more.

Juan is a beacon. His sincerity and conviction for Travis runs so deep that even if we aren't in that court room we can almost feel it through the tv screen.

KCL, PASA, My3Sons and others have shown us all how we need to reach out to each other and are the very definition of "Special."

So, I will also be jumping for Joy when SHE is convicted of M1. She deserves nothing less. His family and friends deserve nothing less.

I feel sadder now that its almost over. I pray for swift justice. I know a part of my life will feel empty once this is over. I can only hardly imagine what the Alexander's will go through.

Is it OK if I cry on your shoulder???? Thank You for being exactly who you are. I'm just so weepy right now and you're like a port in a storm. THANK YOU !!!!

Bless Your Heart !

Of course we are all together in our tears and fight for justice. I am crying with all of you and i have big shoulders. Hugging you all.

I feel sadder now that its almost over. I pray for swift justice. I know a part of my life will feel empty once this is over. I can only hardly imagine what the Alexander's will go through.

I feel that empty spot now, knowing the only way I got to meet wonderful caring people like Travis, his family, and the prosecution team was through the evil acts of one who despised Travis for seeing through her evilness. How nice it would be to go back in time and look these people up and just give them all a big group hug.

Bless Your Heart !

One thing that I am gonna replace some of my sadness with is love for victims and their families. Only by facing my pain can I truly make a difference.

I have work with Hospice as a volunteer...yet the kind of giving that KCL, PASA and others here have shown is even a larger scale of giving to others. Y'all have taught me a great deal with this trial and I thank you.

I hope they can finally grieve, long and as hard as they want, cry tears for how ever long they need too. I'm so proud of this family of children & outer family. They stood as my own family would. There's a bunch of us for sure like Travis' family. Peeps like KCL who comfort this family should always be admired. Very proud you did KCL. Very proud of you. It's not easy & you shouldered it well even with your own family had problems. Bless you. Keep being Kool and strong!

I can't imagine having to hear their life exposed by this liar & her trashing their brother. They need all the time they want to say exactly what they want. I wish them peace when they are done. They deserve to vent over the lies that JA made Travis out to be. Down with Jodi. Let it flow within your family or wherever. I wouldn't fault them to be screaming on the top of a mountain their experiences through watching it all. Heck, I want to scream too.

I'd say more but I'd get in trouble.

Justice for Travis & may his family & friends heal. Prayers for all of them. RIP Travis, Juan has your back, RIP.

This is his 4th one. The first couple lasted less than 24 hours. The third didn't work at all... this one?? I don't know. I feel so bad that he's in pain. I wish there was more that I could do.

Thank you so much for caring.. I really appreciate it. It doesn't help that he is worried about me because I had a mini-stroke at the beginning of the month. Ugh.. the trials we go through huh? :scared:
I am so very sorry to hear the injections are not providing much relief.

I also suffer from nerve pain in my back/spine caused by a cracked vertebrae resulting from a rollover auto accident in 2004.

Veterans Affairs with their extremely large patient base is very good at coming up with the most efficacious treatments in many cases. They have such a large pool of patients to experiment with.

They gave me a Thera-Cane which surprised me with how much relief it provides.
[video=youtube;5E1KZzmNPp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E1KZzmNPp4[/video]

If your husband has not considered this simple inexpensive treatment, I would suggest he consider it -- or ask his doctor if it would help his type of chronic pain. Obviously each patient is different. Perhaps your husband's issues are too severe for this to help.

All the best.

Today Juan quoted the last couple of lines from the poem "For Whom the Bell Tolls" by John Donne. I looked up the entire poem. It really touched me and seems to describe so beautifully the feeling of connection with Travis behind all the support given to the Alexander family. I hope it touched the jury.

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
John Donne

No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend’s were.
Each man’s death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

i could not believe that nurmi objected while Juan was quoting from this poem. Unbelievble.

Good morning everyone!

Thursday and Friday were such difficult days, yet they have given me such a boost emotionally as I wake up this morning.

Katicoolady, Pasa, My3Sons and all of you who reported back to us from court, thank you so very much. It's so good too know what has gone on with the jury and other players in the case.

I've watched so many trials, starting with OJ. Since my retirement 13 years ago, I've spent the majority of my time following trials, blogging one, and looking to trials to come.

Never have I seen such an outpouring of generosity and kind-heartedness towards the family of a victim. Katie, you spear-headed the events that added up to comforting the family and giving them those few moments of relief from this mind-bending trial.

My fellow WS'ers, I salute you all. Each of us have helped the family. They know we all have their backs. Some of us could give a little, some quite a lot. Put all together, it has been an overwhelming experience.

Katie, I'm glad you had a chance to have dinner with Beth, and, oh, to be a fly buzzing around your table last night!

Jayarroh, thanks to your poster, our Katie had a marvelous opportunity to speak with Juan yesterday. I'm so pleased he enjoyed your creation. Katie, it was also good to hear that he expects a quick verdict.

With this in mind, I look forward to a peaceful weekend. I will be working in my gardens and making them look beautiful again after a bad microburst which wiped out all my hard work. As I am working and planting, I contemplate life and nature. I send prayers up for Travis' family and friends and know justice will be theirs soon. I have the chance to clear my mind and create beauty after four months of terrible ugliness.

And, if we all are correct, Monday will be a day of great anticipation.

I think the one to the left with the beard may have a connection with the Judge. When court ended today he went near her side sat down and seemed to stay there.

HarvestMoon I think you are mistaken....no juror still on the duty has ever been shown on the feed....the man with the white beard is the court reporter.

Good Morning All! Just a little note...emotions are running high...my head is swirling! I certainly can express my disbelief in the verdict delivered in the CA case...even more so, as I live in Pinellas County. My neighbor was almost on this jury but released in final rounds as he was a coast guard and received orders once he made to final roster. How could my neighbors deliver a "not guilty "? How is that possible?

However, I feel compelled to say that these are 2 distinctly different cases. Though there are some similarities, the most important to me is the 2 victims. One a sweet helpless child and the other a man with big dreams, both "the light in the room ", both whose lives were taken away, both the victims of a brutal murder (IMO) .

I pray every day, as I have during both trials. But saying a prayer is the easy part. Faith, having faith in this jury, having faith that justice WILL prevail. Faith, well that is the hard part. But I am going to have faith until the verdict is reached. So I will leave it to this jury now. Stop wondering, worrying about what THEY saw, what THEY heard. Have Faith my fellow sleuthers. Justice IS coming...have faith!

I cry this morning as I read all the posts from yesterday... I can't seem to get beyond the loss. I am glad the family has had each other and the outpouring of love from strangers to help them face their loss each and every day the past five years. Soon, I hope they will have a reason to go forward with only good memories of their brother and friend, the justice he deserves.

Good Morning All! Just a little note...emotions are running high...my head is swirling! I certainly can express my disbelief in the verdict delivered in the CA case...even more so, as I live in Pinellas County. My neighbor was almost on this jury but released in final rounds as he was a coast guard and received orders once he made to final roster. How could my neighbors deliver a "not guilty "? How is that possible?

However, I feel compelled to say that these are 2 distinctly different cases. Though there are some similarities, the most important to me is the 2 victims. One a sweet helpless child and the other a man with big dreams, both "the light in the room ", both whose lives were taken away, both the victims of a brutal murder (IMO) .

I pray every day, as I have during both trials. But saying a prayer is the easy part. Faith, having faith in this jury, having faith that justice WILL prevail. Faith, well that is the hard part. But I am going to have faith until the verdict is reached. So I will leave it to this jury now. Stop wondering, worrying about what THEY saw, what THEY heard. Have Faith my fellow sleuthers. Justice IS coming...have faith!

Amen. Faith in this jury and BELIEVE that they will make the right decision.

Alright now, we've heard much from the ladies who love El Juan and want him dropping grapes into their mouths while clad only in a pair of speedo's.

Lets hear from the other side.

Since I'm one of the few men on this board lets talk about the fab ladies who have been part of this trial in one capacity or the other.

My absolute favorite is Beth Karas. Classy, intelligent, a beautiful southern belle. Always look for her appearances and those baby blues and a snappy dresser too.....wowser

I also found Dr Demarte to be very attractive. I could sit and talk with her for hours. She just had that something something, I imagine she looks great dressed for an evening out. She's got it going on.

Next would be Katie Wick from Dr Drews show. She'd be a millionaire if she could bottle and market her smile. I also like her "regular person" contributions, but mainly she is just so darn pretty and nice, although many think she is a phony who trades on her looks. I like her.

Rounding out my top four is Cheryl Arutt from Dr Drews show. Intelligent, very very pretty with a humble personality. I gush when she appears on his show.

So thats my take on some of the ladies involved in this trial. Besides the good vs evil drama that takes place in the courtroom, this trial offers a glimpse of some quality ladies showing off both their beauty and their smarts.

As for El Juan, he reminds me of a brawler, a boxer in the ring who never rests, keeps coming and coming and coming at you. His best was getting that freaking killer all worked up and snarky on the stand. He did miss one opportunity however with the killer on the stand.

She snarked at him that men like him hollering and screaming at her makes her upset, makes her head spin I think she said...I was waiting for El Juan to respond by saying: So are you going to come down and slice me up like you did to Travis....I so wish he had said that in response to her snark.

Great post!!!! Thanks.

It's midnight and I just got home from my wonderful dinner with Beth. We sat outside at a sidewalk table and ate salmon and talked and talked and talked. Aside, of course, from obsessing over this trial, in every possible way, we also found out we have many many things in common in our "outside of trial" lives. She's one of the few people I've ever met who is intimately acquainted with my work (which is very specialized) and in fact has gone to a clinic I sometimes fill in in Sedona for some hand therapy at one point.

As she said "it only took us 3 trials to become friends" (Scott Peterson, James Ray, now this one).

She thinks it will be a short verdict also. You can guess what verdict she predicts.

She is such a lovely, real person and it's an honor and pleasure to even sit at a table with her. I told her that as well!

I'm so sleepy but will sleep like a baby tonite (still in the hotel) and going to a gathering tomorrow where some of the Alexanders will be. They were just spent tonite as you can imagine. The intensity of this all wearing on all of us, here, there and everywhere.

I got to speak with our darling Jayarroh on the phone today and how serendipitous that I ran in to his poster on twitter, asked his permission to print it (I just HAD to get it to Juan Martinez), he found a way to get it sent to me today in a stellar form which turned in to me actually having a private pow wow with Juan Martinez the very day the case ends because of that poster. And because of the M&M's another WS poster sent me! WOW, how about that? REALLY! It takes a Village, seriously!

Thanks for all the love everyone. I hope you felt like I've carried you in to every experience here. That's certainly been my intention.

We're all feelin the love and JUSTICE IS COMING.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think Monday is a possibility.

Whew..................! Sweet dreams all............

KCL, thank you for everything, all of it. I believe the jurors are in unison but were just exhausted. I too believe we will get the verdict on Monday. They need rest, need their heads cleared and they will show up to do their job. They never gave up, never faked a migraine, always there. I feel so sorry for each of them, knowing they will decide the final fate of this evil woman, yet feeling that overwhelming duty. Juan is a brilliant man and speaker and called for justice for Travis. May he now rest in peace.

Morning All. Happy Weekend

Yesterday was incredibly difficult for me. I can't imagine how the Alexanders felt. Although I had HLN on I had to leave the room more than once for a good long time because I could not stand the trashing of TA anymore. What Nurmi did to TA and his family was most disturbing. The smile only returned to my face when Juan got up to do the final closing.
I am most grateful for him and all of you wonderful WS people who were so active in helping the Alexanders all these months. I wished so much that I lived closer to be there for them and to help out as I am currently unemployed and could of gave them all the time in the world. I have been with them with prayer and in spirit from afar on the other end of this screen everyday. I pray that Monday will finally bring justice for Travis and peace, comfort and closure for the Alexanders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenduhhhhh