a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned this similarity here at Websleuths yesterday, but I can't seem to find it. (I.E., which juror looks like Jodi's mom.)

#16 Maureen?
#3 Housewife?
#1 Church Lady?

Hopefully someone will chime in soon with the answer
Interesting that none of our loyal court watchers EVER noted this likeness to JA's mother! Who ya wanna believe? No question who I believe!

My3Sons - I'll tell you exactly what she said. Well, not exactly, but this is pretty darn near close! She said (talking to Nancy Grace),
"I saw 5 jurors go out on a break. Then I saw the one that looks like Jodi's mom come out of the jury room huffing and puffing and looking defiant! She then came back with a blonde juror and had that same look of defiance on her face as she went back into the jury room. The blonde juror then wiped her forward as if to say, 'Whew! Time for another round,' and went back in. To me, it looked like this juror was getting ready to do battle again."

Now, I'm not exactly sure about the phrasing on that last sentence, but it's pretty close. She said the blonde juror looked exhausted and bucking herself back up for another round.

Then JC and NG (nancy grace) got into a talk about how it sure looks there is a bad time going on in the jury room. Like the "defiant" one is going to just stick to her guns...

What REALLY TICKED ME OFF (sorry for the caps) is the way JC was embellishing this..As if it's a GOOD thing this woman is huffing and puffing and causing problems! It made me sick! Like she enjoys the drama. It was a horrible thing to put out there, IMHO! And if it's NOT true, it's PURE EVIL! I can tell you she caused MAJOR stress on everybody with these few sentences. You can tell she meant to say, without coming out and saying it, the jury is DEADLOCKED! Already hung! That's what she meant to convey.

Well, I FREAKED! I always said three days deliberation (although I would have needed five minutes), but keep telling everybody to stay strong and not worry. The wave JC caused....it went around the world.

I will also say, and forgive my french, but JC looked like sh**! She looked horrible.

I am so glad to come here and read the "reality". There is NO way this jury would walk out together, go on breaks, laugh as they're leaving IF there was horrible tension or a split. I just can't see laughing as the door is opened. The tension would be on their face. And from today, I saw Katie, PASA, and Beth say they looked relaxed and OK.

I'm upset at myself too. I haven't listened to JC for months now. I remember her directly contradicting herself in two shows on the same topic. I just happened to be coming into my room when she was saying it. I cursed as soon as I saw it, but like a train wreck, you can't look away. :(

Sorry for long explanation, but as you can tell, another gentlemen posted here too about the same comments by JC. It has made a disaster for many tonight! I can't emphasize that enough.

Thanks for filling me in Sparrow! I finally sat down and watched the NG repeat for myself and...well...yeah, I will continue not to listen to Jean ;)

Have to say I was a bit troubled by Nancy's behavior and drama, too. Lord knows we are all anxious to hear the verdict, but the jury stays out 13 hours and NG's calling for an outright acquittal? GMAB. I will be doing my blood pressure a favor and only listening to Beth, KCL, PASA and Katie W. from now on.

Remember, all of us who have been in the courtroom, whether it was one day or almost every day, have reported on how professional, attentive, and serious this jury is. It should come as no surprise, then, that they're taking so much time to work through this case.

I don't think we should allow time spent to make us believe they are divided, there's a hold-out, or there will be a compromised verdict. Of course her guilt is obvious to all of us--but we're not one of the twelve people in the world who will have to live with the decision they make for the rest of their lives.

Praying for the jurors. Praying for Travis and the Alexanders. Praying for Juan and Flores. Praying for justice. Don't stop believing.:heartbeat:

whew.. thanks for the reality check. I think I will hover here until verdict. The panic on the main thread is making me crazy. How many hours have we all spent rehashing the facts in this case? Don't the jurors get that same benefit? I just don't understand all the drama. Thank you My3Sons for sharing your opinions. I trust our court observers and Beth. period.

As long as JA doesn't ever get out I'm fine with that :) I'm staying 110% positive the jury will convict 1st degree and until I hear otherwise directly from the jurors no-one is gonna break my faith!! ♥

I'm with you Sleuth13. 110%. :seeya:

The dear friend that got me hooked on this trial called in a panic last night. She wanted to know my perspective since I used to be the bailiff that was sworn to watch over death case Juries. I told her to calm down.

THe fact they have had NO questions for the Court is a good sign. They are not confused over the instructions of law and they have over 600 exhibits to go thru. It is a decision that will be with these 12 people for the rest of their lives. No one has seen any signs of them being upset with one another (unless you believe Jean and that is NOT a good source). They need to take this time to talk through 4 months worth of information. It is daunting.

I have faith in them and believe that after their final verdict is rendered the only ones they will want to talk with will be Juan and the Alexander family. (After the trials I was involved in I would tell the Jury that they were free to leave and not talk to anyone. If they did want to talk to any of the parties I would bring them back to the Jury room) Almost 99% of the time they wanted to talk to the JUdge, prosecutors and later the family. I don't know how they handle it in AZ.

I refuse to believe that justice will not be served in this case.

Good morning everyone. I was furious with the jury yesterday for not coming back with a murder one verdict on the first day. Then I remembered that they were having to listen to the words of the prosecutor and defense attorney and just wanted to read and view for themselves all the evidence. Maybe that is human nature. And, if there was a hold out, maybe that will convince that person. So today I am optimistic. If any of them have children or brothers, sisters, moms or dads, and they ALL do, they will not want this woman on the streets again ever.

On a side note, I no longer have cable. I was looking online at some snippets from HLN last night. Nancy Grace was reading some of Jodi's twitter posts from Monday night. They were just filthy, disgusting. This Donovan woman who is tweeting for Jodi should be locked away for life too. She is nuts to do this for a killer.

I am praying for justice for Travis.

The dear friend that got me hooked on this trial called in a panic last night. She wanted to know my perspective since I used to be the bailiff that was sworn to watch over death case Juries. I told her to calm down.

THe fact they have had NO questions for the Court is a good sign. They are not confused over the instructions of law and they have over 600 exhibits to go thru. It is a decision that will be with these 12 people for the rest of their lives. No one has seen any signs of them being upset with one another (unless you believe Jean and that is NOT a good source). They need to take this time to talk through 4 months worth of information. It is daunting.

I have faith in them and believe that after their final verdict is rendered the only ones they will want to talk with will be Juan and the Alexander family. (After the trials I was involved in I would tell the Jury that they were free to leave and not talk to anyone. If they did want to talk to any of the parties I would bring them back to the Jury room) Almost 99% of the time they wanted to talk to the JUdge, prosecutors and later the family. I don't know how they handle it in AZ.

Thank you with all of my heart! Thank you!!

Thanks for filling me in Sparrow! I finally sat down and watched the NG repeat for myself and...well...yeah, I will continue not to listen to Jean ;)

Have to say I was a bit troubled by Nancy's behavior and drama, too. Lord knows we are all anxious to hear the verdict, but the jury stays out 13 hours and NG's calling for an outright acquittal? GMAB. I will be doing my blood pressure a favor and only listening to Beth, KCL, PASA and Katie W. from now on.

Remember, all of us who have been in the courtroom, whether it was one day or almost every day, have reported on how professional, attentive, and serious this jury is. It should come as no surprise, then, that they're taking so much time to work through this case.

I don't think we should allow time spent to make us believe they are divided, there's a hold-out, or there will be a compromised verdict. Of course her guilt is obvious to all of us--but we're not one of the twelve people in the world who will have to live with the decision they make for the rest of their lives.

Praying for the jurors. Praying for Travis and the Alexanders. Praying for Juan and Flores. Praying for justice. Don't stop believing.:heartbeat:

Thank you. I love your voice of reason. I have two sons and three brothers. And I don't dare to think of how many crazies there are in this world. Let's lock this one away for good.
P.S. I have daughters and sisters too so I know there are lots of crazy men also. Scary world today.

Kathy,
When and if you see the family, please let them know we are praying for them. Love to you all.

Good Morning Big Girl, You have articulated what I was thinking. We vented, we theorized, we critiqued everyday. They were not allowed to bounce their thoughts off of anyone. It was a long tedious trial and they have to live with their decision for the rest of their lives. I surely don't want JA to have any MORE victims in this. I have faith that they are taking their charge very seriously and they need to review the evidence and how it fits in with the law. I am not surprised that they haven't reached a verdict yet. Do I want one, hell yes, But I am behind them 100% for taking their time. I don't know where the rumor got started that their was division amongst them, I just see some of them as smokers takin a break. Give these people a little slack, they have a responsibilty that we don't have.
Thanks so much for your post.

I am jumping in.... Haven't caught up on this thread this morning... Yet...

But I want to give the Inside Court Observers a BIG Thank You for keeping us informed of the inner workings inside the courtroom of this trial...

And I wish to give all of you posters, who are so dedicated to this cause, a BIG Thank You for creating such a warm, supportive place (forum) in which to follow this trial...

I want to give all of you :grouphug: for all the "trials" you are experiencing in your own, personal lives...

And I am :praying: for strength and justice for the Alexander Family...

:blowkiss:

Interesting that none of our loyal court watchers EVER noted this likeness to JA's mother! Who ya wanna believe? No question who I believe!

Not that Jodi's mother is a sour puss, but when Jean C described this "defiant" woman, I thought about one that had been described to us as sort of frowning. They wondered aloud if that was just her normal face. Anybody remember this?

Good Morning to all Seekers of Justice

I think we will have a verdict today and am confident in the outcome of M1, FWIW.

On a side note, I no longer have cable. I was looking online at some snippets from HLN last night. Nancy Grace was reading some of Jodi's twitter posts from Monday night. They were just filthy, disgusting. This Donovan woman who is tweeting for Jodi should be locked away for life too. She is nuts to do this for a killer.

I am praying for justice for Travis.

Respectfully Snipped

CiI - I don't have cable either but you can have HLN stream live on your computer if you want to listen when a verdict comes in. Here is the link in case you are interested:

http://www.superusvoxtv.com/index.php/en/live-tv/video/popular/hln

Lots of cable channels for FREE!!! After the verdict and I catch up on all the housework I have neglected, I am going to hook up my spare laptop to my tv and will be able to view on TV screen FREE!!!! Nothing better than free.:seeya:

Yes...hope so as well. My feelings today (at the end of full 2 days)...not looking good considering the facts of "this" case. Honestly, it is complete lunacy. Yes, I know...the jury doesn't know all we know, but even with what they do know...what/who is holding things up?? I would prefer a hung jury to some stupid compromise verdict, spare society at large on that one. Mark my words, Jodi Arias is dangerous, if not today, tomorrow.

I think the odds are better for 11 jurors to change the mind of one rather than 11 jurors giving into that one:scared::scared::scared:

Biggirl, thank you very much for your comments and insight from a bailiff's perspective. Very interesting! I had no idea the jury could talk to the judge, prosecutor, or family after the verdict-- I sort of pictured the jury beating feet out the back door and disappearing back into society, lol! I know next to nothing about what a bailiff overseeing a jury does, and I'd love to hear more about that job-- if you would be so kind as to share! :)

Does every jury get a bailiff assigned, or only if it is high profile, or a murder case?

What exactly does a bailiff "do" while the jury is deliberating? Is the bailiff in the room with the jury? If not, how does the jury contact the bailiff? Phone? Pager? Does the bailiff only assist with trial issues, such as obtaining evidence, or do they help with personal issues such as getting a message to a family member about what time they will be home? Etc? I know the jury isn't supposed to use cell phones, but with a non-sequestered jury, there must be a multitude of "real life" type issues that also must be juggled by the deliberating jury!

Is the bailiff the one to contact the judge if they jury has questions?

Thanks for any insight into this "hidden" job! It's very interesting!

And Katiecoolady (or any others), did you ever have the opportunity to talk with jurors from the trial? I guess I never imagined a victim's family being able to talk directly with jurors after a guilty verdict, but I suppose all the admonitions are finished at that point. What an intense and emotional experience that would be, for both a juror and a family member.

We had several jurors approach us and apologize it took so long. The said they were unanimous in the first 30 min but took the rest to view all of the evidence. Several also attended the sentencing hearing sitting behind our family.

Sleuth13!!! When I read this post this morning, I almost fell out of my chair! Fulton Sheen was a family friend, coincidentally, he is going to be named a saint. My mother and I were worried about no verdict yet and she called me and read THIS SAME VERSE TO ME last night. How is that for patience AND faith??? Feeling good about today!

Family friend, eh?? What a small world!! That's AWESOME!! I love it when things start falling in to place!! I also feel good about today ;)

In watching some of JMs closing this am , I'm reminded he's asking them to come back w a vote for 1st degree on both premeditation AND felony murder. Wouldn't it be something if they come back with a flush for both? I think the latter is more dicey and I could see how,it could require more conversation.

Feeling rested and confident this am. :seeya:

While we wait............the junkie plays! Today's art!

After all, change is fun......right? :floorlaugh:

i'm watching nancy grace reruns a little late, but when beth said she didn't see anything that JC saw, and in fact heard them being 'jovial' in the room but become somber for the press as they walked out in a single line, JC was like yeah but you don't know if they weren't laughing with the bailiffs blah blah.... i don't think she likes beth. is JC here to freak us out and put us all in a bad mood. nancy sure bummed me out tonight with her opinion jodi is going to not get 1st degree.

Nancy Grace was just totally weird last night - first she was mean/angry toward that one guest attorney (cannot think of his name) about her not having the time to get a manicure, then she was rude to Jean C. by trying to hurry Jean along with the story she was telling. I guess everyone's nerves are frayed. Seems like Jodi has spread her venom around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez