a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made this new sig before the verdict. It's what I would want to say. I am so glad I am able to use it.

Look back no more, do not worry for your family.
Be in peace sweet Travis, Your name is restored. Justice is served.

What an incredible ride. Today went just as it should.

Thank you, you are sweet.

The absolute best thing about my job as a bailiff for almost 20 years was my Juries. They were such a joy. I would bet this Jury has become very close to Valerie since she is their link to the Court and has to answer their everyday questions.

Once while in a high profile death case I got all my 16 Jurors (12 reg and 4 alternates) stuck in the Judges private elevator with me. We had just returned from lunch and they were ready to kill me. We laughed so hard. 15 minutes later we were rescued and they ran for the bathrooms and I had to go into the courtroom and face the attorneys, Judge and media. Of course one of the Deputies had announced to all of them that I had gotten our Jury stuck. One of the Jurors was a cartoon artist and sent me a cartoon after the trial of all of us in the elevator and what they were saying to me. Good memories and a good verdict too.

That is why I just know when all is said and done they will still feel close to the court personnel they have gotten to know.

Justice for Tracis! I have faith!

That is so cool, BG! I bet that drawing is special. Your stories are so interesting!

WTH? Bethany Marshall on HLN: " Each juror has identified with a player in this case, those who have had a cruel father feel like they are aligned against Juan Martinez...." SERIOUSLY ------------> Where do they find these talking heads?????

I guess none of the jurors had mean dads?

Watching the continuous coverage and contemporaneously enjoying a celebratory TOBLERONE.

I don't have a twitter account but wish I did, I would say this to the Freaka' from Yreka ..... Yes Jodi, Mr. Martinez might be vertically challenged, but he stood tall in his fight to insure Justice for Travis

Verdict GUILTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 1st Degree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picture.php

In a reaction that probably surprised no one, I was taken by Jodi Arias' muted rather unemotional cold reaction to the verdict.

This can't help in the next phase as it reinforces the notion that she is a cold blooded killer with BPD.

I suspect this will be discussed later on HLN. It's already been addressed on MSNBC.

Oh yes I too believe it just clarifies her PASSIVE-AGGRESSIVE-ness. Oh she was boiling inside, you could see it...she just didn't want it to come out because she is holding out hope now for not getting death. She is STILL trying to manipulate this jury, now it goes into overdrive knowing her life is in their hands. This was all part of her manipulation....MANIPULATION PART DEUX. You could tell she was surprised and of course upset, but she MADE SURE NOT TO SHOW HER ANGER TO THE JURY. She even did her side-step as the jury was leaving and half-smiled to their backs as KCL has pointed out that she does...oh make no doubt about it, she is fully in control she was already planning out her post-verdict schemes.
I'm sure the REAL JODI came out as soon as she left the courtroom. Probably went into a rage, throwing whatever she could find (maybe cups?) and crying and bawling hysterically.

I have a prediction that this Jury can and will say that this was a cruel henious crime! He did not die immediately and he suffered greatly!!!!!!

She is going down and she is in shock. She really really thought she had this one.

Go team Juan!!!!!!

KCL, keep the M&Ms coming!!!!

I wanna know...

Did the foreperson hand the bailiff the verdict? Did KCL get to see which one is the foreperson?

KCL, your heart is so good, you are an inspiration, and you were there for the family when they needed you to offer your support in whatever way you could!!!!!!!!!

Look what the gopher has done to Jodi!

When Nancy Grace reported that Tanisha came out in the hallway and gathered about 15 people to take in the courtroom to sit with them, I just knew one of them was our KCL! I saw our KCL giving her strength to the Alexanders. Thanks KCL.

I think JA was so shocked! She really thought she had this. She has spent her whole life bambozeling everyone. This may be the first time she has ever had to own up to her actions. And boy did these Jurors get it. So happy for finally seeing Justice for Travis.

HLN keeps showing the families reactions after the verdict. It breaks my heart. Especially when I saw Samantha, Tanisha, Tanisha's husband, Steven and our precious precious KCL. Seeing KCL cry broke my heart because she has been through this before. It had to be so hard for her.

LOVE you KCL!!!!!

Some pics of KCL and family

Attachments

• KCL and family.jpg
    KCL and family.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Relief.jpg
    Relief.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 137
Can anyone link or upload the hln bit about Jodi throwing a hissy after the verdict today?

Also- cheers to all the WS who participate here, and all the courtroom observers, and family and friends of Travis! What a relief!

I wanna know...

Did the foreperson hand the bailiff the verdict? Did KCL get to see which one is the foreperson?

It's my understanding that the foreperson handed the verdict to the bailiff before it was announced that the verdict would be read @ 1:30 and no one knows who the foreperson is at this point.

Hope we find out, but I wonder if we'll know this prior to mitigation/sentencing?

Has anyone heard if Jodi will appear in court tomorrow in "stripes" or street clothes? I'm hoping stripes and hope Wilma is able to find something at the mall tonight to match.:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IdreamofJeannie