A view from the inside: observations from our own court observers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
Katie (aka Kathy) has finally helped me get onto this forum!
I am happy to be here and will do all I can to post regularly throughout the remainder of the trial....
Nice to meet everyone on here...
Katie

Welcome Miss Katie

image.jpg

DDJ Katie in the house! Welcome! Glad you made it. In case you guys don't know, Katie is not a paid employee but coming to court daily on her own dime to observe this first hand and now report on Dr. Drew at night as "Dr Drew's Jury". She's an "eyes and ears" in the courtroom EVERY day. Warm Websleuths Welcome!!!

See ya tomorrow afternoon. ;)

Oh WOW! Katie you're such a natural, I had no idea, you're a pro to me! Thanks so much to all our wonderful courtroom Katies!

:yourock:

Anyone wanna get thrown in the pokey for contempt of court?
Me thinks the judge would not appreciate such a stunt.

On a related note, I have a fantasy about a victim impact statement just being the worst sort of adolescent name-calling. I think that is what would actually hurt someone like JA. She doesn't give a rat's @ss about the pain and loss she caused other people. But I think if someone got up there and called her fat, ugly and stupid - pointed and laughed - that would get her blood boiling. I'm pretty sure this is not allowed, though.

I agree about the victim impact statement. She won't care about the hurt she's caused. I'm hoping they say something like "He never talked about you. He never mentioned you at all. You were nothing to him."

AnitaRichman: I tried to locate the post where you asked if WSers had questions for Jodi's mother but you have so many posts on this thread that I'd have to look at each one to locate it. Anyhoo, don't know if you were serious, but I have a question for Mrs. Arias (but kinda doubt that she'd answer truthfully).

Did either of Jodi's parents consider that their daughter might have a personality disorder or other behavioral issues when she was growing up? We know that Jodi didn't like being disciplined and eventually moved out of her parents' home at age 15. How did her family react to this? Were Jodi's parents glad to have her gone because she had problems and disrupted the household, or did they feel that they were to blame for her behavioral issues? Had Jodi's parents ever considered some type of counseling for their daughter, or had school personnel suggested it at any time?

OK, I have more than one question :D, but you get the gist of what I'd like to know ;)
Not to be snarky...but just today (in Starbucks :giggle: ) I saw an announcement for a showing of "The Bad Seed"..... The caption read something like..." Are psychopaths born that way... Or not?"...

The flyer for "The Bad Seed" made me think of some of your questions above regarding Jodi Arias...

(Wow.... This case is really getting to me... Can't stop thinking about it! :what:)

JMO

Hi everyone,
I am happy to be here and will do all I can to post regularly throughout the remainder of the trial....
Katie

:wagon: KatieDrDrewsJuror! :welcome:

Thank you for joining WS...

And .....for sharing with us your expertise in JA's trial....

And ....hopefully, further cases, too! :D

:seeya:

This is my 1st post and my 1st question also! Thanks to all the wonderful ladies that are our eyes and ears in the courtroom! I am fascinated by your observations and interactions with the folks there in the courtroom! My question is, I notice how Arias (Kills me to even type out her name) tries to "Speak at the Jury" (I say "Speak At" because I feel she doesn't respect the Jury, if she did she would be "Speaking TO the Jury") anyway...when she turns her fat head towards the Jury when she is answering The Prosecution questions, does the Jury engage with her when she does that or are they completely not looking back at her when she does that head turn to answer a question. When she does this it's robotic and totally not engaged in my opinion. Thoughts? One more thing...when Arias was looking at the Journal Thursday, I noticed how she kept looking at the BACK pages of the book, she did this several times...anyone else catch that? Wonder what's back there that she is looking for?

Hi everyone,
Katie

:waiting: We have been waiting on you! LOL I love your spunk and articulate knowledge of the case on the show!

:welcome::wagon::welcome:

:gthanks:TO KATIECOOLADY for bringing the 'other' Katie aboard!!

This is my 1st post and my 1st question also! Thanks to all the wonderful ladies that are our eyes and ears in the courtroom! I am fascinated by your observations and interactions with the folks there in the courtroom! My question is, I notice how Arias (Kills me to even type out her name) tries to "Speak at the Jury" (I say "Speak At" because I feel she doesn't respect the Jury, if she did she would be "Speaking TO the Jury") anyway...when she turns her fat head towards the Jury when she is answering The Prosecution questions, does the Jury engage with her when she does that or are they completely not looking back at her when she does that head turn to answer a question. When she does this it's robotic and totally not engaged in my opinion. Thoughts? One more thing...when Arias was looking at the Journal Thursday, I noticed how she kept looking at the BACK pages of the book, she did this several times...anyone else catch that? Wonder what's back there that she is looking for?
:welcome: Indycornstalk! :welcome:

This is fascinating getting the opportunity to "hear" the "inside scoop" of the JA trial... Isn't it!

Not to be snarky...but just today (in Starbucks :giggle: ) I saw an announcement for a showing of "The Bad Seed"..... The caption read something like..." Are psychopaths born that way... Or not?"...

The flyer for "The Bad Seed" made me think of some of your questions above regarding Jodi Arias...

(Wow.... This case is really getting to me... Can't stop thinking about it! :what:)

JMO

:what::what: But...........but, the real question is: Were they running a special on Strawberry Frappes???? :floorlaugh:

Hi!

I know I only have my limited view and somewhat biased perspective (!) but with that being said I try my best to be objective when it comes to viewing the jury.

I don't see any of them really engaging with her. What I find fascinating is that when she poses on their way in (and out), when you only see her on TV it does appear she is making contact with them. I can guaranteed you that when they file in, NONE OF THEM look at her. It's all in her head that she's making some kind of connection. I posted somewhere else, that she looks the same whether they are walking toward her or walking away...like in her mind it's as if she's making a personal connection with each and everyone. In REALITY, they all look forward, not at her, as they file in, then pivot and look forward out to the courtroom. They are NOT making eye contact w/ her.

Hope this helps. :)

Hi Dr. Drew's Katie, :seeya: :greetings:

Welcome, I look forward to your adventures in court and on Dr. Drew.

I have two questions: What brought you to be in court for this trial? How did you get to be on Dr. Drew? Maybe you will be the next Beth Karas? :great:

:yourock: :Welcome1:

Hi everyone,
Katie

I haven't watched a whole lot of Dr. Drew in the past, but have recently with this case. For some reason, his handlers and producers have decided to have him "co-host" with some female reporters.

Well....I don't know quite how to put this politically correctly, but why in hello don't they have YOU co-host for a week or so??

I mean, FGS, you know the case far better than any of the others they've hired so far!

KATIE FOR CO-HOST!!

HEY DR. DREW'S PRODUCERS-- WHY NOT??

Give Katie a week and let's see what she can report!

Hi!

I know I only have my limited view and somewhat biased perspective (!) but with that being said I try my best to be objective when it comes to viewing the jury.

I don't see any of them really engaging with her. What I find fascinating is that when she poses on their way in (and out), when you only see her on TV it does appear she is making contact with them. I can guaranteed you that when they file in, NONE OF THEM look at her. It's all in her head that she's making some kind of connection. I posted somewhere else, that she looks the same whether they are walking toward her or walking away...like in her mind it's as if she's making a personal connection with each and everyone. In REALITY, they all look forward, not at her, as they file in, then pivot and look forward out to the courtroom. They are NOT making eye contact w/ her.

Hope this helps. :)

That's fascinating, Katie, because one time I was paying attention to her when the jury was arriving, and she varied her gaze as though she was making eye contact with different jurors. I swear I think I even remember her nodding slightly and making a tiny expression change like a small smile. IIRC, this was back when the defense was still presenting their CIC.

So that is fascinating that they mostly do not make eye contact with her on arrival.

KatieDrDrewsJuror and indycornstalk

:Welcome1:

Glad you could join us!

fran

I don't remember... The barista kept yelling at me! :tears:

Oh you poor dear - and I bet your brain scrambled
twister2.gif
like as if a mean prosecutor was yelling at you in a murder trial! :floorlaugh:

or mock her photography skills---her artistic ways....:please:

I was banned from the Jodi is innocent site for calling her art mediocre. :rocker: LOL!!

Personally I think it must have killed her that not a single photo in Travis's memorial was of her hugging him.

I've got 5 pounds of pop rocks in my briefcase and I'm headed to the airport.

OMG :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

(hey what was our "Lorraine" joke? I know "at this point in time" that name just makes me :floorlaugh: and think of you and i know it's a spin on another "L" name but I don't remember how...??? who???)

cream-puff.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member