A year since Haleigh vanished (psych profiles of those who surrounded Haleigh)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much More at article link, they have been updating through out the day.

Croslin's, Cummings' lives tied to family, misfortune

By Lise Fisher & Cindy Swirko and Cindy Swirko, Staff writers

Updated: Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Snip" http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100207/ARTICLES/2071006/1118?p=1&tc=pg

(page 1-6)

Teresa Neves

Teresa Neves is certain of one thing. Before the disappearance of her granddaughter, Haleigh Cummings, the woman who cared for the little girl and her younger brother, Junior, was caring and responsible.

"She loved them," Neves, 50, said of Misty Croslin. "There was no doubt in my mind about that."

Today, Haleigh's paternal grandmother says she doesn't know who Croslin has turned out to be. "I feel that somewhere in those two or three days before Haleigh went missing, she took a wrong turn in life, and that brought her to where she is today," Neves said of the young woman her son dated, married and has since divorced. "I do not feel she is the same person she was when I first met her. It's like night and day."

Ronald Cummings

Ronald Cummings had been arrested on minor drug charges in Putnam County and had cases filed on other allegations involving traffic violations, wildlife violations and trespassing.

Officers later announced he was not a suspect in Haleigh's disappearance, and a Department of Children and Families investigation cleared him of any abuse involving his children.

In a jailhouse interview last month, Cummings told a newspaper reporter that people have developed their own, inaccurate impressions of him.

"I get tired of being judged by people who just look at me," Cummings said. "I'm glad I'm not such a judgmental person."

Hank Croslin Sr

After the vehicle accident, Lindsy Croslin said Hank Croslin Sr. wasn't rehired at the job because he couldn't work.

He has several medical problems, one of the reasons he has been seeing different doctors and not because he was intentionally "doctor shopping" as was alleged by officers when he was arrested in November, she said.
By all accounts, the lives of both Croslin and Cummings showed signs of trouble even before Haleigh's disappearance brought on the scrutiny of law enforcement and the media. http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...ly-misfortune-

Who would give up their children for a boyfriend? Her children were young. Ronald was 3. How old was Crystal, 5 or 6? She didn't get along with him?
Give me a break.

IMO, only someone who is selfish and heartless. But that is JMO.

I know some parents give up their children because they can't provide for them or know that they are not parental material and I commend those that would give their child up for a better life, rather than abuse them or kill them.

As for TN, I feel there is much more to it. TJ just made his comment on Simon's show of the reason TN gave him. If the only reason was because her daughter did not fit in, well shame on her!!!!

What the heck does she mean by this, really? Is she trying to say drug dealing and facing a lifetime in prison is somehow straightening your life out? What about Ron's other son, what has he ever done for him but steal his babysitter away?

"He was a very, very intelligent person. He has a very high IQ," Neves said of her son. "He has made some mistakes. You know what they say, they that can cast the first stone. I say that everybody makes mistakes in life. Ronald straightened out his life. His main focus has mainly been his children."

LOL... that's some hairpin turn that Misty, this "caring, responsible woman" (newsflash TN she was still a child) musta done that weekend... between the time RC rescued this maternally gifted girl and when she returned to the streetlife. Ya gotta love it... TN ever the flack, the publicist, spinning and doing image control to depict her son as a victim of underage girls and paint him in some sort of pristine light--it's just become so predictable, absurd and quite frankly tiresome. JMO

:parrot:

I hate to drag y'all off the current line of discussion, but I hate to start a new thread and it is kind-of, almost on-topic.

Dana Treen's article on jacksonville.com says that the Croslins pretty much drifted from drywall job to drywall job, from Michigan through Tennessee and Colorado on into Florida.

The article on gainesville.com says that they all worked for an electrical company. Not sure if they mean Seminole Electric [large power generating company] but regardless, it doesn't add up.

Maybe the electrical company contracted Hank to do drywall?

I have been searching to see what other charges Hank Sr. has had in the past and so far this is all I have found. Has anyone else found anything in another county? TIA

I don't know why, but I kind of feel bad for this man. He really showed heartfelt emotion when he was talking to Misty. He has been the only I have heard of yet that has pleaded with Misty to tell the truth about Haleigh.
And that to me means a lot. Out of all those people he took the time to mention Haleigh and ask his own daughter to tell the truth. After all, this is about finding Haleigh and what may of happen on Feb 9th.

Updated: Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Snip" http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100207/ARTICLES/2071006/1118?p=1&tc=pg

(page 1-6)

Hank Croslin Sr

After the vehicle accident, Lindsy Croslin said Hank Croslin Sr. wasn't rehired at the job because he couldn't work.

He has several medical problems, one of the reasons he has been seeing different doctors and not because he was intentionally "doctor shopping" as was alleged by officers when he was arrested in November, she said.

"Snip"http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

542009CO000082XXAXCX 2009-04-16
Defendant CROSLIN, HANK T SR
Date # Docket Description
2009-03-25 1 LOCAL ORDN CITN#09-2250(03/13/09)PCSO DEP R CLARK

2009-03-25 1 $57.00 FINE DUE 04/09/09

2009-03-25 1 OFFICERS REPORT

2009-03-25 2 LETTER FROM DEFENDANT

2009-03-31 2 WRITTEN PLEA OF NOT GUILTY TO LOCAL ORDINANCE

2009-04-19 3 NOTICE OF ORDINANCE HEARING ISSUED TO:DEF CROSLIN

2009-04-19 3 COMP GLASS,OFF CLARK

2009-04-19 3 COURT SET FOR MAY 14,2009 9:00AM BD OF COMM ROOM

2009-04-19 3 1F 107 NORTH 6TH ST PALATKA, FL 32177 W/JLP

2009-05-14 4 ORDINANCE HEARING MINUTES:GUILTY PAY FINE

2009-05-14 4 $57.00 PAY BY 07/13/09

2009-07-23 5 $57.00 LOCAL ORDINANCE FINE PAID

542009CF002296XXAXMX 2009-11-24
Defendant CROSLIN, HANK T SR
Date # Docket Description
2009-11-24 1 COMPLAINT FILED: FDLE

2009-11-24 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A

2009-11-24 1 DOCTOR SHOPPING(WITHHOLDING INFORMATION FROM A 2009-11-24 1 PRACTITIONER (F3)

2009-11-24 2 FELONY WARRANT ISSUED - BOND SET AT $2504.00

2009-11-25 3 ARREST REPORT - 11/24/2009

2009-11-25 3 BOOKING NUMBER: 09-04876

2009-11-25 3 BOND SET AT $7504.00

2009-11-25 4 DEFENDANT PRESENT FOR FIRST APPEARANCE HRG

2009-11-25 4 ADJ INS P D APPOINTED AT FIRST APPEARANCE HEARING

2009-11-25 4 SUFFICIENT PROBABLE CAUSE FOUND

2009-11-25 4 $7504.00 SECURED BOND SET

2009-11-25 5 AFFIDAVIT FOR CRIMINAL INDIGENT STATUS

2009-11-25 6 APPLICATION AND ORDER APPOINTING PUBLIC DEFENDER

2009-11-25 7 FELONY WARRANT RETURNED EXECUTED

2009-11-30 8 $7500.00 A-1-24 HOUR CITY BEST BAIL BONDS-#2236011

2009-11-30 8 AMERICAN BANKERS INSURANCE COMPANY OF FL (11/25/2009)

2010-01-21 9 INFORMATION

2010-01-21 9 DOCTOR SHOPPING (WITHHOLDING INFORMATION FROM

2010-01-21 9 PRACTITIONER)

2010-01-26 10 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (02-18-2010)

2010-01-26 11 NOTICE TO BONDSMAN (02-18-2010)

That is possible. My husband owns a HVAC company and he sub-contracts electricians, plumbers, contractors- sometimes the techs fall through the celling or make a big hole in the wall and someone with dry wall experience has to come out and fix the damage. It could be possible that the Croslin's tried to start their own business at one time and/or got work through sub-contracting. Just a thought.

You're so smart, whips. Thx!

I completely forgot about LaFarge Gypsum being located next to Seminole Electric. LaFarge uses the Seminole byproducts [or waste, whatever] from burning the coal to make wallboard.

I'm getting an invalid certificate/security warning when I try to search the online records at Putnam County Clerk of Courts website.

Anybody else getting this? [I'm using firefox at the moment.] TIA

Some are wondering about timing of these seemingly detailed and somewhat more candid articles?

IMO, It's the weekend papers of Haleigh's one year missing anniversary. These articles were planned by reporters due to Haleigh's upcoming anniversary AND the arrests, and the community that has sufferred this loss, its subsequent drama and stressors for an entire year. I think we see some extra cooperation from the grandparents in storytelling because of the arrests. There is a little less to denial and covering given everyone involved is clearly a felon. (Although Ron's family is still ratiionalizing - which if not insightful at this point, is at least consistent...)

Another thought -
Interesting to learn that GGMS let Ron go to Teresa's when her husband became more than she could handle with Alzheimers, and when she felt Ron had grown to a certain point where he could go to high school watched over by Teresa. Interesting to hear that Ron actually reflects upon his grandfather as a postive influence (in spite of losing him to Alzheimers). It's interesting to know that GGMS marks this move of Ron's from her home to Teresa's as the beginning of Ron's falling-in with a bad crowd.
I don't pretend to know if GGMS is correct, and Ron was a happy normal and well-behaved boy up and until he moved in with Teresa, but that's GGMS' story and she's stickin' to it. GGMS just threw Teresa under the bus a little, IMO. Teresa's reaction is to continue to deflect and deny that anything that's happened Ron is his fault (or hers). After all, he's extremely intelligent...a good provider...and Misty pulled him in...

Rons convo with GGMS about his boxers and his hygeine in jail and his daily activities and the fact that he most looks forward to saying "hey" to the garbage man 3 times a day makes a little more sense now. It's not code. It's just a self-calming chat with his real mom.

Some are wondering about timing of these seemingly detailed and somewhat more candid articles?

IMO, It's the weekend papers of Haleigh's one year missing anniversary. These articles were planned by reporters due to Haleigh's upcoming anniversary AND the arrests, and the community that has sufferred this loss, its subsequent drama and stressors for an entire year. I think we see some extra cooperation from the grandparents in storytelling because of the arrests. There is a little less to denial and covering given everyone involved is clearly a felon. (Although Ron's family is still ratiionalizing - which if not insightful at this point, is at least consistent...)

Another thought -
Interesting to learn that GGMS let Ron go to Teresa's when her husband became more than she could handle with Alzheimers, and when she felt Ron had grown to a certain point where he could go to high school watched over by Teresa. Interesting to hear that Ron actually reflects upon his grandfather as a postive influence (in spite of losing him to Alzheimers). It's interesting to know that GGMS marks this move of Ron's from her home to Teresa's as the beginning of Ron's falling-in with a bad crowd.
I don't pretend to know if GGMS is correct, and Ron was a happy normal and well-behaved boy up and until he moved in with Teresa, but that's GGMS' story and she's stickin' to it. GGMS just threw Teresa under the bus a little, IMO. Teresa's reaction is to continue to deflect and deny that anything that's happened Ron is his fault (or hers). After all, he's extremely intelligent...a good provider...and Misty pulled him in...

Rons convo with GGMS about his boxers and his hygeine in jail and his daily activities and the fact that he most looks forward to saying "hey" to the garbage man 3 times a day makes a little more sense now. It's not code. It's just a self-calming chat with his real mom.

It's also interesting how everybody wants to be Syke's relative but not Squires or Welfenberg's. What is up with that?! [Is Squires still alive, btw?]

jmo - if Annette is throwing Teresa under the bus, even just a little bit, the truth about their arrivals at the m/h may be about to come out.

It sure does sound like Grandmom is attributing Ron's bad behavior to living with his mother (intentionally or not).

Anger and a sense of remoteness had marked Cummings for years, said his grandmother Annette Sykes, who reared him and his sister until Sykes' husband became debilitated by Alzheimer's. Annette and Kirby Sykes had guardianship of the two children beginning when Ronald was 3. He moved out as his grandfather became increasingly ill and was back with his mother, Teresa Neves, in Sumter County by the time he was a young teenager.

After Cummings graduated from high school in Leesburg, he and his girlfriend moved back to Putnam County. They went to his grandparents in Welaka, where his girlfriend became pregnant, but Cummings had changed, his grandmother said.

"He just had a dirty mouth," she said. "He was very disrespectful."

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...gs_vanished_ronald_and_misty_lost_their_way_l

:furious: Geraldo Cancels Haleigh Tonight, Rain Check
From Bald Truth Staff, The Bald Truth, (c) artharris.com, all rights reserved
"snip"
FOX News Geraldo Rivera just cut back his Haleigh Cummings segment tonight for breaking news. His producer called a few minutes ago to cancel our guest appearance, invited us back to discuss them on another night.

At 8 p, we will be on Steph Watts Blog Talk radio show with Texas Equusearch founder Tim Miller and former FBI agent – turned private security consultant Don Clark.

It sure does sound like Grandmom is attributing Ron's bad behavior to living with his mother (intentionally or not).

Anger and a sense of remoteness had marked Cummings for years, said his grandmother Annette Sykes, who reared him and his sister until Sykes' husband became debilitated by Alzheimer's. Annette and Kirby Sykes had guardianship of the two children beginning when Ronald was 3. He moved out as his grandfather became increasingly ill and was back with his mother, Teresa Neves, in Sumter County by the time he was a young teenager.

After Cummings graduated from high school in Leesburg, he and his girlfriend moved back to Putnam County. They went to his grandparents in Welaka, where his girlfriend became pregnant, but Cummings had changed, his grandmother said.

"He just had a dirty mouth," she said. "He was very disrespectful."

I don't think either of these women could tell RC anything by that time... let's face it, by age 10, 12 or w/e age he was he's been unruly, hot-tempered and terrorizing them ever since. They both still tiptoe on eggshells around him. JMO

:parrot:

I found myself softening some to GGM (and despising TN even more) after reading this article....Then I reminded myself of the only full sentence we heard from her in the jail call with RC. "Watch out for snitches." I'm disgusted with this family. If anyone could talk Ron into doing the right thing I believe it could be GGM.

The truth will come out eventually and if it has to be drug out like this, it ain't gonna be pretty that's all I got to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AllenImmab