Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #175

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they believe their client, an innocent man has been sitting in jail being mistreated for over a year. On Jan 18, 2024 the D asked the SC to order a trial within 70 days.
And then right after that same SCOIN hearing, they advised that the P had provided them "voluminus" disclosure that they now needed time to go through. Perhaps they didn't anticipate as much disclosure as they got post SCOIN?

Not necessarily. If if it was in airplane mode, it may not have been trackable. And if it was in airplane mode during the crime, I have wondered, if that might mean that when they examined the device forensically: does a phone history show LE when it has been turned off or on? If it was in airplane mode, then would it show that it had been in airplane mode vs turned off during that time?

Since we're speaking of phones, did RA send any texts or view any websites on his phone at all during the commission of the crime? We recall from RL's PCA to get a SW that they believed he'd been outside his home the night the kids were missing, and had placed a text or two that they thought were made from near where the girls bodies were found. If we don't have that from RA - why not? Did he use a burner? I could believe he may have done just this, and that MIGHT be what LE wanted from the Wabash river when they did the big search before RA was picked up.
IIRC, they were able to identify when Barry Morphew turned airplane mode off and on.

Just wanted to bring forward this article originally published on Feb. 18th, 2017: Memorial grows as police continue search for Delphi girls' killer

"Friday evening, state police hustled back to the crime scene where friends Abby Williams and Libby German were found dead Tuesday. Undercover officers did some work and left about a half-hour later."
Well, that may have blown the cover of some officers! Why the heck would they publish something like that??? And... how did they KNOW that two Undercover did some work there???

I am wondering about the yellow rope that was found at the scene.( Found in the FM)

Is it possible that fibers from that rope were found in either RA'S car, house, shed or all of the above?

Something tells me "yes". Of course, that's just an opinion.

MOO
If they did find yellow rope fibres at the scene or on the victims, then how would they be absolutely certain that they were a match to a yellow rope / fibres found at RA"s (if any such was found there)? Isn't yellow rope just your basic yellow rope - even if if was the same material, how do they know its not the same material found in any other basic yellow rope that might be in anyone's house and was used in this specific crime?

This is why i think his device was off or at home.

If RA's device did support his timeline, or should have proved it but LE didn't have the tower data, <modsnip - namecalling> would have said so in the Franks. Instead they strangely didn't mention his phone at all.

I think it will be very interesting when his phone was on/off that day. Maybe more so that where it was.

The Stock ticker is an awfully specific piece of colour info in the tip sheet, and one I think the defence will be stuck with.

Especially I am sure the prosecution will have pulled anything they still could from the phone companies before the '22 interview.
Would they have needed a warrant to go through phone records directly from the service provider? I recall BP couldn't even get LG's service provider to ping the phone right away... imagine that? YOu're frantically looking for two kids, long past dark, and your service provider who SHOULD have been able to ping a minor's device, would not do it for some odd reason? I'd still like to know why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes to your inquiry on 'tracing phones' data. In Susan Hendricks' book "Down the Hill" she outlines how GEOFENCE technology works, and would be applicable for confirming details being presented sequentially in court.

Thankyou, M. Kay. I'm aware of how a geofence warrant works because, ie, we had one in the Jason Landry case.

I suppose if a geofence warrant was granted in the Delphi case, then LE would know if RA's phone was at MHB. If they know that his phone was at MHB and the times in which it was present at the MHB, then I further must suppose that LE interviewed RA when the geofence results were returned that included his ph number.

So, you do believe there was a yellow rope found at the CS as mentioned in the D Memo. Just curious. What else do you believe regarding the data from the D Memo?

I believe that the girls died from knife wounds to the throat. I believe that one was dressed and one was nude.

That about covers it :rolleyes:

So, you do believe there was a yellow rope found at the CS as mentioned in the D Memo. Just curious. What else do you believe regarding the data from the D Memo?
I believe their description of how the bodies were found and in what way they were posed / staged oddly, that a cell phone belonging to LG was found under one of the kid's bodies (but not sure I believe who's body they said it was under since they seemed to mix the kids up at various parts). I believe Abby was dressed in two bras (why would they make this up)? So one may have been hers and the other may have been LG's. I just don't think they'd be dumb enough to lie their way through this entire document. So some parts of it should be true, if not all of it - and I don't know that they had a reason to outright lie about how the bodies were found, or that they were dressed or not. I believe there were sticks at the scene that were of concern - we've heard from them and we've heard it from an interview someone upthread posted as well with BMcD...

We know KAK hasn't been charged with anything related to Delphi. We know he didn't receive any deal on his case (quite the opposite in fact). We know RA hasn't been charged with anything related to CSAM yet. We know neither the prosecution nor the defense has mentioned the Anthony_Shots account as being involved in the case yet.

I guess it's still possible there's a connection, but a long time has gone by since RA's arrest without there being any public movement in that direction. So it seems pretty unlikely to me that there's a connection at this point. It's a strange coincidence for sure, but those do happen.
It's possible there's no connection, I agree coincidences can happen. I just wonder if there isn't a bigger picture of that whole KAK situation or CSAM ring that has been kept under wraps until the trial.

Maybe, maybe not, JMO

It's possible there's no connection, I agree coincidences can happen. I just wonder if there isn't a bigger picture of that whole KAK situation or CSAM ring that has been kept under wraps until the trial.

Maybe, maybe not, JMO

Surely that would damage the trial to suddenly spring on everybody there is a pedophile ring they have been hiding?.

Also don’t the defense get to see all the evidence they have on their client so there isn’t anything to suggest in the Franks Motion that this is the case. From the little we know it doesn’t seem like there any data linking RA to the girls.

Mooo

I wonder how the family are doing today. It’s hard to imagine it’s been 7 years and Justice seems further away than ever with all the antics of the defense team.

It sometimes feels like the victims get forgotten in cases like this unfortunately and it must be incredibly frustrating and devastating for all the families involved.

IMO

I wonder how the family are doing today. It’s hard to imagine it’s been 7 years and Justice seems further away than ever with all the antics of the defense team.

It sometimes feels like the victims get forgotten in cases like this unfortunately and it must be incredibly frustrating and devastating for all the families involved.

IMO
Exactly Salah11.
We will revisit Abby and Libby's murders tonight on Websleuths YouTube Live. We go live at 10:30 PM Eastern.

I've never heard of a team of defense attorneys refuse to agree to a gag order. That's a huge red flag that these two were determined to attempt to try their case in the news media. They proved it the next day by releasing information extrajudicially via the news media. Wow. IANAL In a lot of states, they would end up being disbarred.

Then they said they didn't need to agree to a gag order because they had no intention of discussing the case in public and the media. They say this one day after they did exactly that. They released info about the case to the news media that would cause the public to be prejudiced before the trial.

They violated the gag order by sending an email to Brandon Woodhouse that contained detailed discovery information about the case, including a list of witnesses, including juveniles. To prevent the court from finding out, they told this Woodhouse guy to delete the email. Instead, the guy posted in a YouTube video. Wow. Why would they release the list of juvenile witnesses who might testify at trial? Why would they put kids in danger that way?

I haven't gotten through all 9 pages yet, but this motion contains a lot of critical information. It's a must read.
YES!!!

As
This is why i think his device was off or at home.

If RA's device did support his timeline, or should have proved it but LE didn't have the tower data, <modsnip - namecalling> would have said so in the Franks. Instead they strangely didn't mention his phone at all.

I think it will be very interesting when his phone was on/off that day. Maybe more so that where it was.

The Stock ticker is an awfully specific piece of colour info in the tip sheet, and one I think the defence will be stuck with.

Especially I am sure the prosecution will have pulled anything they still could from the phone companies before the '22 interview.

Yes I don’t believe the girls had plans to meet anybody as they invited the much older sister to tag along but she had work or was busy I believe.

So that does not point to the girls having anything secret planned at the bridge. Also I believe it was spur of the moment they decided to go out to the bridge.

I could be completely wrong and I will hold my hands up if I am but I am just not seeing some grand conspiracy with loads of moving parts.

Unfortunately they just happened to cross a evil monsters path that day who took advantage of the situation presented to him who had likely harboured sick fantasies for years.

Mooooooooooooooooo
Great point.
MOO LG was messing around on line trying to be sophisticated, but no she wasn't meeting anyone.

The girls met a rageful opportunist, half lit and armed who started down a evil path and didnt stop. Tried to cover the scene a little and managed to get home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely that would damage the trial to suddenly spring on everybody there is a pedophile ring they have been hiding?.

Also don’t the defense get to see all the evidence they have on their client so there isn’t anything to suggest in the Franks Motion that this is the case. From the little we know it doesn’t seem like there any data linking RA to the girls.

Mooo
It wouldn’t be to their benefit to associate their client with any possible pedo ring. Way too easy for everyone to see a pedo involved than a local store clerk with apparently no prior criminal history of concern.

We know KAK hasn't been charged with anything related to Delphi. We know he didn't receive any deal on his case (quite the opposite in fact). We know RA hasn't been charged with anything related to CSAM yet. We know neither the prosecution nor the defense has mentioned the Anthony_Shots account as being involved in the case yet.

I guess it's still possible there's a connection, but a long time has gone by since RA's arrest without there being any public movement in that direction. So it seems pretty unlikely to me that there's a connection at this point. It's a strange coincidence for sure, but those do happen.

IMO the Anthony_shots account is more of a focus than KAK himself. Who all had access to the AS account is my question. From reading the various sources available, I came away with the impression LE did not feel KAK committed the murders.

I have not read anywhere that the defense has mention the AS account either. It would surprise me if the defense did want to draw attention to the AS account.

As for the prosecution speaking of the AS account, we'll have to wait until trial to hear if the P thinks there may be a connection.

Now LE DID investigate a possible connection with the Anthony_Shots account. Quotes from one of the links below:

Two quotes snipped from the below link:

So, this incident appears to be the first suspicious connection police had to the anthony_shots profile, which led them to Kline.
The person behind anthony_shots was one of the last to communicate with Libby German before her death. After her death, the "anthony_shots" profile told another person that he was supposed to meet up with Libby “but she never showed up.”

In the 2020 interview, police questioned Kline intensely about anyone else who may have had access to his devices.
An investigator told Kline, "I can honestly sit here and I'm telling you that I do not believe that you killed Libby."

Police told Kline they believe a second person was communicating with girls using his devices. They asked Kline repeatedly whether his father knew his passcodes.

There is a very strange detail about this case that I wondered about.

According to the PCA, a car resembling Richard Allen's 2016 Black Ford Focus was seen passing the Hoosier Harveststore surveillance camera at 1:27pm on the day of the murders heading towards the old CPS building.

Yet if you look at a map of where Richard Allen lived in relation to the old CPS building and the Freedom bridge, the quickest route is to go through town over to old state road 25 which takes you out to the Freedom Bridge area and the old CPS building. Google maps says this is the quickest route and does not even offer up an alternate one. But if he had taken that route he would not have passed the Hoosier Harveststore surveillance camera.

This means that Richard Allen took a longer route to get to the old CPS building if we are to believe that it is his 2016 black Ford Focus that is on the Hoosier Harveststore surveillance camera passing on 300 N at around 1:27pm.

In many ways, this case not being solved right away is also damaging for the defense if their client truly is innocent. If the case had been solved right away, there might have been businesses in town that could provide surveillance video showing Richard Allen's 2016 black Ford Focus was traveling along a specific route to get to the area of the Freedom Bridge and old CPS building.

What driving route did Richard Allen take to get to the old CPS building on February 13th, 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member