Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question on this case, is that if the accused was truly not involved in these killings, wouldn't he be sitting in jail, screaming his head off for a trial as quickly as possible? I know that I would, if I knew that I was not involved.

I would be, saying "bring it on", with absolutely no doubt that there was absolutely nothing that could tie me to this crime.

My question on this case, is that if the accused was truly not involved in these killings, wouldn't he be sitting in jail, screaming his head off for a trial as quickly as possible? I know that I would, if I knew that I was not involved.

I would be, saying "bring it on", with absolutely no doubt that there was absolutely nothing that could tie me to this crime.
It would appear that’s exactly what R & B were aiming for. However, things went off the track when the P, in what I remember being nothing more than a telephone discussion, hinted toward having the D removed (due to the leak) which JG made sure happened. Unfortunately, she did not follow court procedure and just supported the P for what was on the top of his “wish list.” SCOIN corrected her blatant error. Weird, she’s an experienced judge and screwed this up?

Further, now the P is going after the D for “contempt,” another charge that does not hold much water and was not even filed correctly, according to other attorneys. Even other prosecutors do not see the value in what the State is doing. SO, who is delaying justice here? RA and the D? I think not. My personal opinion is that NMcL is in way, way over his head with this case and the delays only benefit him! JMHO

Might depend on what police were considering circumstantial evidence. In his case, it doesn't look good that he places himself at the bridge, with corroboration by witnesses who saw him there and it doesn't look good that he has no other alibi / doesn't seem to have anyone who can say they saw him during the time the kids were being abducted and killed. It looks bad that he has also made statements to his wife and mother over the phone that are incriminating. The defense is probably going to have a hard time showing that he was 100% innocent in this case beyond a reasonable doubt. I think they're doing their best to say someone else did it but I don't think its gonna be quite good enough to sway a jury. I actually thought we'd be hearing a begging for a plea deal but so far not....

It would appear that’s exactly what R & B were aiming for. However, things went off the track when the P, in what I remember being nothing more than a telephone discussion, hinted toward having the D removed (due to the leak) which JG made sure happened. Unfortunately, she did not follow court procedure and just supported the P for what was on the top of his “wish list.” SCOIN corrected her blatant error. Weird, she’s an experienced judge and screwed this up?

Further, now the P is going after the D for “contempt,” another charge that does not hold much water and was not even filed correctly, according to other attorneys. Even other prosecutors do not see the value in what the State is doing. SO, who is delaying justice here? RA and the D? I think not. My personal opinion is that NMcL is in way, way over his head with this case and the delays only benefit him! JMHO
Delays also benefit the police who said on the day they announced RA was arrested that they believed there may be others persons involved etc. I don't believe they think he acted alone - I just don't think they have enough to get others - yet. I believe they're still investigating, unless suddenly that has stopped and they're no longer interested in anyone else?

Seems they dropped the ball or perhaps LeFT the ball when they left KK out in the wild for as long as they did. Ugh.
In the process of following this case I have seen how Indiana just does not rein in its criminals.
The dominant culture there cannot seem to consequence itself and it is awash in criminals walking and re-offending.

Last edited:
Might depend on what police were considering circumstantial evidence. In his case, it doesn't look good that he places himself at the bridge, with corroboration by witnesses who saw him there and it doesn't look good that he has no other alibi / doesn't seem to have anyone who can say they saw him during the time the kids were being abducted and killed. It looks bad that he has also made statements to his wife and mother over the phone that are incriminating. The defense is probably going to have a hard time showing that he was 100% innocent in this case beyond a reasonable doubt. I think they're doing their best to say someone else did it but I don't think its gonna be quite good enough to sway a jury. I actually thought we'd be hearing a begging for a plea deal but so far not....
Well, defense won’t have to prove RA is innocent. Prosecution will have to prove to a jury that he is guilty BARD.

If it was a violation of the gag, wouldn’t we have heard this already from JG? It doesn’t seem to have been a violation since she hasn’t mentioned it. Her beef with them seemed to be more over the leak of info, no?
The FM may have not been yet legally deemed a violation of the gag order. But you can bet the families of Libby and Abby view it as so. Details of the girls deaths were revealed, including the information that Abby died slowly. The FM laid motive at the feet of Abby’s mother for alleged interracial dating. Victim blaming. Disgusting.

The FM didn’t focus on how known evidence exonerates RA. We still don’t know where he claims to have been after 1:30 (a time he may have changed in his second interview.)

The FM was a violation of human dignity imo. And contemptful.

jmo

In the process of following this case I have seen how Indiana just doen not rein in its criminals.
The dominant culture there cannot seem to consequence itself and it is awash in criminals walking and re-offend.
And that is exactly what makes RA an unlikely candidate for this murder, IMO. No criminal record. Not that that would out of hand preclude anyone, but there’s plenty of criminal activity down in those parts and it’s not a secret by any means. Back in 2019/20 it was easy to connect many names of “associates” in the drug making/dealing that were offending and reoffending without any substantial consequences, all searchable on MyCase. A few charges raised my eyebrow! JMHO

The FM laid motive at the feet of Abby’s mother for alleged interracial dating. Victim blaming. Disgusting.
RSBM
In NO way did the D lay this at AW’s feet. They laid this where they believed it belonged, at the feet of a white supremist organization. They were in no way victim blaming and I don’t think your saying it makes it true. JMHO

I'd like to know who the voice was directing when he said "down the hill"? Is it possible "guys" was spoken to more than just the kids (eg: if someone else was there, someone else was included in that word?).
" Guys " always seemed like a greeting to me. Could have been done by RA or someone else. But RA didn't say if he had spoken to the girls as they passed by him as he stood on the first platform. JMO

RSBM
In NO way did the D lay this at AW’s feet. They laid this where they believed it belonged, at the feet of a white supremist organization. They were in no way victim blaming and I don’t think your saying it makes it true. JMHO
It’s on page 17 of the FM.
According to police reports, Brad Holder told his ex-wife (Amber Holder) that “Westfall and ‘his people’ killed Abigail Williams and Liberty German because one of their mothers was ‘mixing’ with other people outside the mother’s race.”

Allegedly someone told someone…
It was an unnecessary addition to the document. And the defense saying it doesn’t make it true either.

Gag order was in place.

And that is exactly what makes RA an unlikely candidate for this murder, IMO. No criminal record. Not that that would out of hand preclude anyone, but there’s plenty of criminal activity down in those parts and it’s not a secret by any means. Back in 2019/20 it was easy to connect many names of “associates” in the drug making/dealing that were offending and reoffending without any substantial consequences, all searchable on MyCase. A few charges raised my eyebrow! JMHO
Drug offenses and the human sacrifice of 2 innocent young girls during some religious related incident are two completely different levels of criminal activity.

I think a lot FB warriors are wannabes. That's why I call it Fakebook, so many people use it to create an image that is completely opposite of reality and that is why I don't belong to it.

I'm sure there are legitimate people doing legitimate things on FB, but I think it's also a lot of 'courage behind the keyboard' type of mentality.

JMO

All true, but also opportunistic "one and done" is a very real thing in murder.

Last edited:

Yes. Its been the typical path of guilt, avoidance and delay.

Last edited:
It’s on page 17 of the FM.
According to police reports, Brad Holder told his ex-wife (Amber Holder) that “Westfall and ‘his people’ killed Abigail Williams and Liberty German because one of their mothers was ‘mixing’ with other people outside the mother’s race.”

Allegedly someone told someone…
It was an unnecessary addition to the document. And the defense saying it doesn’t make it true either.

Gag order was in place.

Exactly

One main point of the gag order is to stop potential jurors hearing inadmissible evidence

So then the defence set about including loads of likely inadmissible content and wild speculation in the Franks

Drug offenses and the human sacrifice of 2 innocent young girls during some religious related incident are two completely different levels of criminal activity.

I think a lot FB warriors are wannabes. That's why I call it Fakebook, so many people use it to create an image that is completely opposite of reality and that is why I don't belong to it.

I'm sure there are legitimate people doing legitimate things on FB, but I think it's also a lot of 'courage behind the keyboard' type of mentality.

JMO
I don’t do Fakebook, as you call it, or social media in general. Just sayin’. Drug making, dealing, using and murder are not necessarily unrelated. Anyone heard of Kokomo? JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1