Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not recoverable if they are overwritten numerous times. It's why there was nothing recoverable from KAK's phone that he dropped off to LE a few days after the search warrant had taking all the other phones and electronics. They missed that one, it was on top of the microwave.
Correct overwritten numerous times is different. I was thinking about RA and/or Libby’s phone data.

Speaking of, I have heard an interview with BP where she says Libby wiped her phone recently before the murders-has LE/P/any news article mentioned if digital forensics was conducted on Libby’s wiped phone (as data before she wiped it would still be available)?
Not definitive- but there’s this:
Sgt. Holeman tells us investigators recovered more audio from Libby’s phone, which was found with the girls at the crime scene.

“It does not appear to be anything more than some discussion between the girls. We have only released a portion of it. There are some others we think could help us but again protecting the integrity of the investigation is key so we cannot release everything because there are certain people that know the details and if we release it all then we get into false confessions,” said Sgt. Holeman.

Libby's iPhone was found under Libby's body, not Abby's. That info is in the 118-ish page document dump ( I cannot find the court link to that, can someone provide it, TIA) and many articles written after that court documents release. Here's just one.

"...Libby’s iPhone – containing the infamous video of “Bridge Guy” – was found underneath her body at the scene."

Ok. So, it's another thing you believe in the D Memo?

So, there are three shoes?
1) KG said one was found near the private drive during the search but maybe not because I found MSM has it another way as used as an ID of sorts.
2) Another shoe was found under a body at the CS.
3) A third shoe was found in the water with pieces of clothing.

“When searchers discovered the bodies, Kelsi helped identify them by recognizing the color of her sister’s shoes. I yelled down to them. I told them they were Lilly’s [sic] shoes,” she said. “They yelled again that they found them.”

Delphi murders: What happened to Abigail Williams and Libby German?

1) KG said one was found near the private drive during the search but maybe not because I found MSM has it another way as used as an ID of sorts.

“When searchers discovered the bodies, Kelsi helped identify them by recognizing the color of her sister’s shoes. I yelled down to them. I told them they were Lilly’s [sic] shoes,” she said. “They yelled again that they found them.”

That info that Libby's phone was in a shoe under Abby's body was from the Franks Memo? I think I'll believe the offical released court documents rather than the old/new D's Franks Memo that was removed from the court record, wasn't it?

RA was taken into custody on 10/26 and formally charged on Friday 10/28, so perhaps DC was referring to formally charged as being “the day”. I can only guess why DC said it. He says lots of stuff. :)

Unsure about when BP found out. Is there an article about it? Asking as I hadn’t heard discussion (or I have lost track).

BP advised the author Susan Hendricks (according to the book by this author - Down The Hill...) on Friday after the news about RA hit the media that she'd been told on Wednesday but wasn't given a name. Someone was supposed to call BP back, but the call never came so she found out when everyone else did on the Friday.

Q: I'm not from there and am not a lawyer - if they took him into custody - why didn't they charge him on the same day? How did they hold him until the charge was made on the Friday?

Between the kids, there should have been four shoes in total for victims. Its possible that one was found at the private drive, one in the water, and one with the body. It could also be someone added a random shoe into the mix to help throw off investigators, no?

Has it been said if RA and his family helped search for the girls that night?

I am assuming in such a small community everybody came out to help when it got out they were missing.
Good point.

If I had been hiking at a local park, and found out the next day that two girls went missing from that same park, on that same day, I'd absolutely go back to the park and help the search. I'd assume they'd want to hear any info I could remember about who was around, etc.

BP advised the author Susan Hendricks (according to the book by this author - Down The Hill...) on Friday after the news about RA hit the media that she'd been told on Wednesday but wasn't given a name. Someone was supposed to call BP back, but the call never came so she found out when everyone else did on the Friday.

Q: I'm not from there and am not a lawyer - if they took him into custody - why didn't they charge him on the same day? How did they hold him until the charge was made on the Friday?

My hunch would be they needed proof for a judge, "probable cause", for an arrest, especially in such a high-profile case. Per federal statute, counties have 72 hours to bring someone in front of a judge for arraignment on charges.

JMO

I'd like to know who the voice was directing when he said "down the hill"? Is it possible "guys" was spoken to more than just the kids (eg: if someone else was there, someone else was included in that word?).
I think there was a long audio file. As far as we know, there weren't any other voices besides BG and the girls. AFAWK

For clarification, if the D truly believes their client is innocent and the FM was trying to get the search warrant thrown out, why would they mention where his phone was? Since according to them, he wasn’t the perp? Why would it matter?
It matters because the location of his phone either helps him or hurts him, bottom line.

IF his phone was nowhere near the crime scene after 12:30, as he recently claimed, why wouldn't the defense say so.

By not mentioning it, makes me wonder if they want to deflect from it's actual location that afternoon. He already said in initial interview that he was using his cell on the trail to look at his stock portfolio at the time. Could that be why they ignored the subject of his cell location?

So why then in the Oct 31 press conference did Carter (LE) say: “I am proud to report to you that today - actually, last Friday - was the day.” - Down the Hill: My Descent into the Double Murder in Delphi by Susan Hendricks (page 216 - but I am on an ereader so it maybe not the same page for everyone?).

Why did Carter say it was on Friday if infact RA had been arrested Oct 26 which was the Wednesday?

I’m very tired so perhaps I need more coffee. Did the arrest happen on the 26th and no one told BP his name or did it happen on the 28th and they let her find out via the news like everyone else?
WhAt is the significance between him being arrested on the 26th vs the 28th?

It seems to me the arrest process BEGAN on the 26th and formal charges happened on the 28th. They had to get their ducks in a row during those 48 hours in between.

Maybe they didn't want to tell the family about it until he was formally charged?

He was local, had been in the exact area the day they went missing, and was the father of a young daughter. I'd think he'd be the perfect person to volunteer to search.
Meh, I'm not going to read anything into it either way if he did or didn't search (unless he is guilty and DID help in the search, in which case, horrible!). But if he is guilty and didn't help, I can understand him not wanting to be there, in the thick of it, interacting with people, possibly giving off weird vibes etc. Even if he was innocent, I could see him not wanting to be there for any number of perfectly valid reasons (too many volunteers, felt not needed, too dark - felt too dangerous, had other plans, had to work.... felt under the weather etc...).

Between the kids, there should have been four shoes in total for victims. Its possible that one was found at the private drive, one in the water, and one with the body. It could also be someone added a random shoe into the mix to help throw off investigators, no?
I wrote and used a link to MSM to support #1)

"So, there are three shoes?
3) A third shoe was found in the water with pieces of clothing."
All three of those shoes are attributed as belonging to Libby.

Was Abby wearing her high top Converse sneakers when their bodies were found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyTheSleuth