Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #185

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone who can stand listening to these two could provide a summary, I'll be indebted to you. :)
Well I don't think I could sufficiently, truly. I'm not being contrary. One thing that really stuck out to me, the appellate lawyer has said they believe the picture Libby took of Abby on the bridge was doctored...and I din't think they meant by Libby?

Well I don't think I could sufficiently, truly. I'm not being contrary. One thing that really stuck out to me, the appellate lawyer has said they believe the picture Libby took of Abby on the bridge was doctored...and I din't think they meant by Libby?

Oh! Well, maybe I will listen then. I also believe that to be the case.

IMO MOO

Sorry that literally makes zero sense that Photo was doctored as it went straight up on to snapchat didn’t it?

I remember it was an app so I highly doubt RA had time to sit around doctoring Abby on the bridge and what exactly did he get out of it?!

Crowdfunding for Expert Witnesses?
The Murder Sheet had an episode a while back with an expert on crowdfunding who stated that any money raised would be RA’s. So I’m trying to figure out why Hennessy still has it. Seems he should have to turn it over to KA as her husband’s power of attorney. Either way there are some questions he needs to answer.
I’ll post a link to the MS episode when I find it.
@StarryStarryNight
IDK if this link has some of the info you referred to as being contained in Murder Sheet podcast.
I'm most def not up to speed on case details, but FWIW, maybe this Mar 26-27, 2024 story is relevant.

Hennessy said campaign is to "... launch an online fundraising campaign Monday afternoon “to fight for his freedom and for justice for both victims of this heinous crime.” In the first 24 hours, the fundraising campaign raised more than $10,000 of the $25,000 goal."
“All the money will go to experts. It won’t go to the attorneys, and it won’t go to Rick [Allen],” he said.
Hope this will help.

BTW, can someone post whether he is using The Big One () or another site (and just the show the site's name)? TiA

@StarryStarryNight
IDK if this link has some of the info you referred to as being contained in Murder Sheet podcast.
I'm most def not up to speed on case details, but FWIW, maybe this Mar 26-27, 2024 story is relevant.

Hennessy said campaign is to "... launch an online fundraising campaign Monday afternoon “to fight for his freedom and for justice for both victims of this heinous crime.” In the first 24 hours, the fundraising campaign raised more than $10,000 of the $25,000 goal."
“All the money will go to experts. It won’t go to the attorneys, and it won’t go to Rick [Allen],” he said.
Hope this will help.

BTW, can someone post whether he is using The Big One () or another site (and just the show the site's name)? TiA

It was not The Big One, as it's illegal to use that one to pay for legal fees. I'm blanking on what it was though. If I think of it, I'll let you know. ETA: It was called Pay It 2, or Pay It Squared, LLC. @al66pine

Last edited:
Sorry that literally makes zero sense that Photo was doctored as it went straight up on to snapchat didn’t it?

I remember it was an app so I highly doubt RA had time to sit around doctoring Abby on the bridge and what exactly did he get out of it?!

Agree, RA wouldn't have had time to do any photoshopping and putting a pic on Libby's phone. Doubtful he'd even have the know-how, either.

IMO MOO

@StarryStarryNight

Hope this will help.

Wow, that is really interesting.

there are actually live satellite images but I think then scan/move so you don't actually get a live view.. but I might be wrong...and that would be good

Doctored photo may just mean the there is a filter in place for most young teens where it slims them, etc and/or defocuses the background etc. Photoshop basic stuff that is now easily available for your phone. That is the way I take that

Last edited:
I was wondering....it's been a significant amount of time since the still of Bridge Guy from the phone video was released. I'm sure that before it was released it was enhanced as much as possible with the available technology to LE. Obviously, the version released to the public at that time was still pretty blurry. I wonder if as time has progressed and technology has as well, if they go back every once in a while to the original data with new programs/algorithms/etc to see if they can improve it. I'm sure that if there had been a significant leap in clarity early on, a revised version would have been released. But I'm curious if closer to RA's arrest and/or after if the video has been reprocessed with more advanced enhancement programs that has made the body/face a bit more clear and made LE feel more confident in their identification/arrest of RA. If post arrest and gag order, we wouldn't have heard about it. Obviously you can only enhance things so much given the level of the phone/programs that was used to record the video.

I was wondering....it's been a significant amount of time since the still of Bridge Guy from the phone video was released. I'm sure that before it was released it was enhanced as much as possible with the available technology to LE. Obviously, the version released to the public at that time was still pretty blurry. I wonder if as time has progressed and technology has as well, if they go back every once in a while to the original data with new programs/algorithms/etc to see if they can improve it. I'm sure that if there had been a significant leap in clarity early on, a revised version would have been released. But I'm curious if closer to RA's arrest and/or after if the video has been reprocessed with more advanced enhancement programs that has made the body/face a bit more clear and made LE feel more confident in their identification/arrest of RA. If post arrest and gag order, we wouldn't have heard about it. Obviously you can only enhance things so much given the level of the phone/programs that was used to record the video.

My recollection is the photo came out as a "person of interest" about 3 or 4 days after the murders, the video came out 4 or 5 weeks later and then the "Down the Hill" audio clip about another 3 or 4 months later.

But that is jsut my memory

It was not The Big One, as it's illegal to use that one to pay for legal fees. I'm blanking on what it was though. If I think of it, I'll let you know.
@TTF14
That's what I was leading up to --- crowdfunding sites' terms of service and stated/intended use of funds.
Not illegal as in criminal, imo but a ToS violation.

The Big One ;) does not prohibit users raising funds for ALL "legal fees" but prohibits users raising funds for:

"9. the legal defense of alleged financial and violent crimes;..."
(Well, along w 20 plus other prohibited uses.)

ETA:
So, yes, seems $ for RA's legal defense for a double murder would violate ToS on that site.

Likely other CF sites have the same or similar bans. imo.

Last edited:
@TTF14
That's what I was leading up to --- crowdfunding sites' terms of service and stated/intended use of funds.
The Big One ;) does not prohibit users raising funds for ALL "legal fees" but prohibits users raising funds for:

"9. the legal defense of alleged financial and violent crimes;..."
(Well, along w 20 plus other prohibited uses.)

Maybe other CF sites have the same or similar bans. IDK.

I know that the folks that spear-headed the fundraiser did their due diligence on on which platform it would be legal. Beyond that, no clue. I didn't really follow it.

Agree, RA wouldn't have had time to do any photoshopping and putting a pic on Libby's phone. Doubtful he'd even have the know-how, either.

IMO MOO
Whether RA doctored the video or the stills, Libby (probably?) took, that I don't know. BUT it would make much sense, if he did it, that he left the cell phone behind. It would have been intention then (probably) and not only a very stupid thing for a murderer, to leave a phone with latest pics under one of his victims' bodies. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth